Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast

Thread: Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Anime Thread

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, we should be talking about how funny it is to hear Ayase call Kyosuke "Onii-sama" while Kuroneko is a midget once again.

We divided some other series, tho. Like Shingeki.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Meh's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    "Onii-sama" oh how I've come to hate hearing that word.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway, read Volume 1 and watched up to Ep 4. Is there anything worth waiting for or is it a good time to drop it?

Quote Originally Posted by Meh View Post
    I don 't see people dividing the To Aru and SAO thread into LN and anime. Why this?
    It depends on whoever's watching and if they feel like making a thread. We've had threads for source material and adaptions before. But the main reason is because I felt like it.

I don 't see people dividing the To Aru and SAO thread into LN and anime. Why this?
    well the reason i never went into the other mahoka thread is because i am only watching the anime
    i only plan to read the ln after that has finished airing so i avoided the ln thread (i asked ppl not to spoil ln knowledge in the spring 2014 anime thread as well once)
    ln threads tend to have no spoiler tags around their post (understandable as it is the ln thread) but for an anime watcher i dont know if i may be scrolling and skim across a spoiler so im glad this thread is here now

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Anyway, read Volume 1 and watched up to Ep 4. Is there anything worth waiting for or is it a good time to drop it?
    If you're gonna drop it drop it, but I look forward to the upcoming fight between Ren Kouen and Kirito. And everything in the Yokohama arc. And every time Mizuki looks up at Tatsuya with eyes that say "Kininarimasu!"

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00G31C9OU/

Buy it as a set, it's a lot cheaper because AmazonJP charges you per item, and a set of books actually counts as 1 item. The first item is about 1200 yen, everything else is an extra 400 yen. It uses Express DHL, which is faster and cheaper for me than EMS; I generally receive items 2-3 days, unless it's over a weekend, after it's shipped (usually within 24 hours). Though I know some people are picky about their shipping services, so dunno how you feel about DHL, but I've never had problems. Packaging isn't as neat, but none of my stuff as ever been noticeably damaged. Oh and volume 13 came out just last month but there's no set for it in stock, so you'll have to grab it separately:
    http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4048665073/

If you really are planning to purchase them then do it as soon as you can, since once sets run out, they take a while to appear in stock again.
    http://www.kinokuniya.com/us/index.php/fbs002

Here you go Pai-chan ^_^

lol
    Last edited by Cruor; May 10th, 2014 at 11:56 PM.
    The Hall of Selected Cruor Praise
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Oh right.

GLORIOUS CRUOR SENPAI RECOMMENDED THIS TO ME HE IS THE BEST USER EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    1. Your favourite character and why.
    Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    If only people praised me as much as they praise you, Cruor-sama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Cruor is very nice

Wow, Cruor. I can only imagine the amount of money you've had to needlessly waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    egads at those prices!
    i know i said i have some money to use but i will want to save money lol xD
    tho kinokuniya has stores in the usa?
    *looks at locations* *none in my area* orz

tho maybe i will take pai and arashis advice and just buy some learning materials....

Blog Entries
    you could also simply read the novels o baka-tsuki.

oh i know i just thought it would nice to own them....
    tho looking at it again spending money on books that i cannot read rather than learning japanese doesnt seem like a good idea
    *sigh* frustrating when i am limited by language

Blog Entries
    Well, you could tell yourself you bought it for the cover art. I own my f/z novels solely for the cover art.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    I've had four years of Japanese ed and I'm still slogging my way through the first volume of F/Z. I'm pretty sure I only have the others for the Urobuchi signature in them.

i wonder how much i would have to study to be able to read some easier lns....

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    I can read slice of life fine. But imagine, if you will, this kind of sentence in Japanese:

Quote Originally Posted by Vol 1, ch 2
    Mages infuse Psion particles inherent in their bodies into the activation sequence output by the CAD, and feed that from the subconscious magic processing system present in all magicians into the magic operations area. Here the activation sequence is expanded, and all the necessary parameters input, in order to assemble the magic ritual.
    I don't even have the original Japanese, but I can tell you right now, those kanji compounds would have me sitting with my dictionary for a good half hour. For one short paragraph.

yea that does seem like it would be difficult....

魔法師はサイオンの良導体である肉体を通じてCADが出力した起動式を吸収し、無意識下に存在し魔法師を魔 法師たらしめている精神機構、魔法演算領域へ送り込む。魔法演算領域は起動式に基づき、魔法を実行する情報 体、魔法式を組み上げる。
    It's not that bad actually. I'm just saying this as someone who's read Horizon and that's the LN I use as a standard for weird technical terms.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    The thing about Mahouka that would bug me is the fact that its worse than shounen manga regarding explaining how everything works though. I'd get to the fifth paragraph describing Cast Jamming or whatever and by then I'd forget who the hell was even talking.

I think just about the only thing worse than squiggly is italicized squiggly.

@ratstsrub the squiggly causes me anguish orz

@paitouch you are not normal you can read anything

Quote Originally Posted by Frostedflakes View Post
    @paitouch you are not normal you can read anything
    Hey man, I'm just saying that once you've dealt with shit like 出雲社製表面式流体駆動機―船殻式特零六番“荒鎮波”, you can laugh at anything else.