Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cataclysm Advent - IC

Leon Brand
    Former Boston Area, Newton-Auburndale Zone
    OZ 4
    October 15th, 005 AE

It was said that this plant had regenerative capabilities that would overwhelm fire. That was, however, ordinary fire. Your magical fire was not to be compared with any puny flame human machinations could come up with on a portable scale. It was the fire of hell, an Inferno, the Ethernal Flame. Your fire bellows as it runs through the vines of the rose bush, eating through plant fiber and petals. Hisses escape every flower as your fire burns faster than the bush can regenerate..or so you think.

As your fire reaches its peak, suddenly the ground shakes. With that, the regeneration of the plants reach a double-pace, overcoming your flame through cutting through each link where the fire is connected to and regenerating. This was not on the database..but hell, it wasn't like the people up knew everything about these monsters.

As the ground shakes and the fence buckles, something large erupts from the ground. Something floating, something that had been raising all these meat-eating plants on it's tentacles - as a form of parasitic symbiosis, mayhaps.

Either way, it seemed you have raised it from its slumber due to burning the bushes. It was time...for a real battle.
    --------------

Encountered: ????

Traits:
    Parasitic Symbiosis: Man eating Roses

Blog Entries
    Alice McMillian
    OZ 4
    October 15th, 005 AE

Right when I was about get up and over the fences quickly and quietly, Brand decided to do the worst possible thing. Burn the plants despite receiving intel that the plants would just regenerate. Brand's flames seemingly destroyed all of the bushes. I was going to yell at Brand for just destroying the bushes despite us having a plan initially and then say I'll let him off with a warning this time since it turned out for the better.

Both ideas died a horrible horrible death when we saw something emerge from the ground. The creature had the Maneater plants as its pseudo-tentacles and it was flying. The main problem about it is that its flying. Maybe we can force it to the ground by using Summer and Brand? Or we can try to get Yoshida to bring it down with his outstanding strength... The only problems are the tentacles.

"Brand! Summer! I want you to aim your ESP at the tentacles! Yoshida, I want you to jump up and bring that thing down. Lacroix, I want you to attack the thing from behind just in case Yoshida can't manage to do it from the front. I'll use my ESP on you two while I guard these two."

I start to flood Yoshida, Lacroix, and I with the environment's life energy. I felt myself become "stronger" and "faster." I swiftly draw out Kusanagi and start scanning the unknown creature for weakness.

Wise-Up!
    Alice McMillian
    HP: 400/400 (500/500)
    MP: 300/300

STR: B- (A-)

CON: B (A)
    AGI: B- (A-)
    DEX: B- (A-)
    INT: D
    RES: D-

Special Ability:
    United We Stand (Life Energy Transfusion) :
    United We Stand is an “aura” support ability. One can tell if United We Stand is active by the slight glow around the target (a golden aura).
    This aura comes from drawing in the 'life energy' of the surroundings and infusing it with the actual person's life force, increasing their capabilities. The buff is uniform for all people under effect, but currently it is limited to 2 people max.
    This is one of the reasons Alice has a healthy body now -her body is constantly under the effects of this ability, although in a more passive way and not as a sudden boost of abilities. Thus, it is possible to cast this again upon herself for a boost.
    This ability works in the form of Alice sending an orb of energy/beam of energy into the target's body. This only works for physical capabilities, but can raise target STR, CON, AGI and DEX by one + each. The buff increases by 1 + for every additional person added to the buff pool, because somehow those affected by this aura are all linked somehow and thus create synergy.

Alice’s United We Stand range is about 100 meters with Alice as the center. There is no initial MP cost, but there is an upkeep depending on the number of people linked.
    1 - 5 mana including turn activated.
    2 - 10 mana per turn
    3 - 15 mana per turn

Perks:
    Battle Analysis (Perk): While being a P-Terra makes killing your enemies with brute force easy, Alice prefers to be more “finesse” during combat by calmly analyzing her opponents for their weak points. During combat, Alice will notice weak points or random skills from the enemy depending on what Alice is looking for. As the battle goes on, Alice will pick up certain 'hints' (from the GM) that can help with battle, such as weak areas or combat patterns. It also gives you a chance to hit critically if you interpret these hints right.

??? - ???

Spells:
    ??? - ???

Equipment:
    Tent
    Flashbang
    Smoke
    Kusanagi
    Last edited by Kuroyuki; June 19th, 2014 at 04:42 PM.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Morgan Lacroix
    OZ 4
    October 15th, 005 AE

Somehow, the jumping idea seemed okay. No one voiced any complaints, although Brand still wouldn't say anything. Maybe he's just a jerk. At least Summer was starting to put forward his own opinions.
    Ms. Lacroix: how much do you need to consume for an armor enhancement?
    Now that was the question I wanted to hear. Too bad I didn't have a real answer. The zombie arm was useful, but it just wasn't something you could do large-scale tests on without leaving the Defender. Not openly, anyway.

"Not a clue. I only ever got samples to mess with, nothing substantial. If I had to guess, though, no more than I could wrap around my arm. Both vines and flowers would be best, as long as you can get them safely."

Now, what could I do with those? Vine whips, obviously, but those were a bit boring. Thorns, same deal. Wouldn't complain about some of that supposed regeneration, though. The world's a dangerous place, and sprouting weapons out of your body is not the most pleasant experience. But of course someone yet again interrupted before I could put any real thought into the matter.

Get out of my way!
    Apparently without warning, Brand decided to barge through the group and start roasting. Dumbass, I was kidding about throwing people over! McMillian is just crazy!

"The hell are you doing, Brand? If you have a problem with the easy plan, just say something. That's not going to work anyway!" And of course it didn't. For a minute, the fire seemed to be burning faster than the vines could regrow, but it didn't last. When it was obvious the fire wasn't making a difference, I reached forward and yanked back on that ridiculous collar.

"Calm down, idiot. No one was actually going to throw you over, but that display might have changed my mind. We have intel on these things. Use it."

Then the world decided to spit in my face one last time. it couldn't just be man-eating plants, no, it had to be some giant flying tentacle thing and also man-eating plants. Lovely. Throwing both unarmed fighters at the thing while the lone weapon-user stayed back didn't seem like a great plan either, but hey, bad time to argue. Better time to move.

"Alright! You'd better be able to keep up, Yoshida!"

Going straight under could be a bad idea. Dash to the left first, then behind it. Yoshida has a shorter path, so he could hit first or wait for me to get an opening. Or we could both do nothing helpful in case the other was planning something different. Hmm. Fighting with a team might take some getting used to.
    <Satehi> thank you based admin of justice, he/she who doth bring forward the true gospel

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Zagrin's Avatar
    Ren Yoshida
    OZ 4
    October 15th, 005 AE

We had what seemed like a good plan, if we couldn't break through the plants we could simply go over them, pretty simple really. Still even with the knowledge that something like burning the plants wouldn't be effective, the least sociable of our group still went ahead and tried.

I scratched my head as I looked at the scene, certainly his power was impressive, burning away the plant life with ease. However just as quickly as it disappeared, more grew in its place. Well at least our comrade was an enthusiastic one, so that was a plus!

However then it appeared, bursting out of the earth without warning. It was a...a...giant, floating, tentacled head? Well okay, that wasn't really a face, but it had a mouth and what resembled eyes so pretty sure it was a floating head.

Wait, now wasn't the time to contemplate about things like that! Even if it was somewhat silly, it still looked pretty dangerous and the reason it came up here was thanks to those guy's flames...

A grin spreads across my face.

I'm going to need to really thank him later once I'm done with this.

Yeah, I wasn't angry with him or even scared of the thing that his blunder brought forth. Finally, I would be able to put all that training to the test, after all if I couldn't defeat something like this what hopes did I have of...

Hm? What's this strength I'm feeling? Ah that's right, Alice said she'd use her ESP on me and Morgan. So she had the ability to empower her allies? Not bad and It feels warm...so you're that kind of person, huh, Alice? Well then, I'd better not waste this strength you've given me.

I clench my fist as I watch the monster hovering slightly off the ground. Yeah, I'd beat this thing, I'm not the me from back then and most importantly...I'm not alone!

"That won't be a problem, Lacroix!"

My comrade dashes to the side of the thing, seems like she was trying to find an opening. Well then, I'll be sure to give her one! Besides dealing with something head on is my strong suit!

Dashing forwards with speed that could only reach thanks to the help of Alice, I quickly cut the distance between us. With just a few meters left, I leap at the abomination, my fist pulled back to deliver a shattering right hook to its "face".

"Out of our way!"

Ren Yoshida
    HP: 535 (635)
    MP: 150

STR: C = S (SS+)
    CON: C = A- (S)
    AGI: D = D (C+)
    DEX: D = B (A+)
    INT: E = E
    RES: E = E

Ren Yoshida
    OZ 4
    October 15th, 005 AE

You rush in, empowered fist outstretched and punching the monster with all your might. Your unearthly power rips through what feels like actual flesh, albeit cold and unfeeling. It seems this organism is a mix of a mutated bug, perhaps some form of many-legged organism that somehow gained the ability to fly.

Your fist does not end there, though. The strength behind it is so much that the hole in it's 'face', which you now recognize is more of a abdomen if anything, is also pushed inwards - bursting through inner organs, effectively blowing up the entire rear end of the beast. As you land on the ground, you hear and smell the pieces spreading across the area, a pungent odor that you cannot quite describe. If you had one word for it, it would be 'shit'.

<SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE>

A high pitched screech erupts from the bug's tentacles, signifying that the pain has somehow brought it to full alert. The tentacles lash around at an alarming speed, one bashing you on the side and knocking you off your legs. You didn't take much damage thanks to your leader's buff, but it still hurts....

Yoshida has taken 10 damage.
    The bug further lashes out with its tentacles, but it's frenzied lunges are not as accurate as to hit anyone else. Even though they are of high speed, what good is it if it can't reach you? As you look on, you notice the bug is not actually floating anymore. Whatever you did must have blasted its balance off, or broken whatever it used to levitate itself. What's more, it seemed not to be able to move away from its current position either. Perhaps it was...somehow rooted, even though it had left the ground?

However, as the bug stops flailing, you can't but help be wary. The flaps on its body are shining red....deeper...deeper....

??? is prepping ?????

Attack Patterns:
    Tentacle Smash - Range: 5 meters
    Flail - Range: 3 meters

Statistics:
    STR: A~SS
    CON: D
    AGI: E
    DEX: C~B

Traits:
    Parasitic Symbiosis: Man eater roses
    Limited Levitation

Do you feel like a hero yet? Soldat der Trauer's Avatar
    A world that never was, a dream that might yet be.
    Forest Summer
    OZ 4
    October 15th, 005 AE

This thing. This thing. This thingthis thingthisthingthisthingthisthisthisthisthis... This THING, it needs to------!

"----------------My turn." You whisper, slumping down into a slouched kneel, your abdomen almost folding into itself. You close your eyes...

There is no climatic spectacle. No signature sound effect, no astounding visual that demands attention, not even disturbance of the grass or dirt. One moment, there is but empty space besides the kneeling corpse. And the next...

A near transparent form standing so lightly as to be hovering in place, features sharp and lifelike and healthy and whole, as ethereal as the target is alien; motes of light coalesce and ionize, crackles like white noise softly coming alive to herald a Spectre 'stepping' onto the field.

Seven thunders wait with bated breath.

Bolts of light streak, and unlike the firestorm of before, now the air splits and screams and wails and is unmade...

By the passage of only two small bolts like lightning.

Forest Summer
    Strength: (E)
    Constitution: (D+)
    Agility: (C)
    Dexterity: (B+)
    Intelligence: (B-)
    Resistance: (A-)

HP: 265/265
    MP: 540/600

ESP: Auger - ???

Perks: Mummyhead - ???

Skills: Halberd - ???

Spectre
    Auger bolts: 6
    --Shots fired: 2

Remaining: 4
    ---Halberds made: 2
    Let the victor...be justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Metal Gear's conception of cyborgs has now convinced me that the real reason there were no more Holy Grail Wars is because Servants became obsolete in the near future, and that past humans and their superiority can just bend over and take it from modern technology.
    @Bloble: You shut the hell up, you're like in every RP on the page, you MIRACULOUSLY LUCKY whore-monger. You not getting in is like me winning the lottery in two states, obtaining a girlfriend, and not ending up nursing another migraine, simultaneously, by the end of this evening.

Blog Entries
    Alice McMillian
    OZ 4
    October 15th, 005 AE

After analyzing it for the brief skirmish, I was able to get most of the monster's abilities and skills down. It's strength and dexterity seemed to vary depending on its attacks. However as Yoshida just proved, the main body is weak to crushing attacks while the tentacles seem to regrow if cut off or destroyed... Another thing bothering me is the fact that it's hovering over the spot that it first appeared at. Is it somehow "anchored" to that location? I'll worry about that later. The more imminent problem is that the monster is starting to glow red... Whatever it is, it won't end well for us P-Terra if we aren't careful.

"Everyone be careful! I think it's charging some sort of ESP based move!"

I think Kusanagi can absorb some of the potential damage if it is doing some sort of ESP attack. This is risky but it might allow us finish it off.

"Yoshida! Lacroix! Get behind me. After it launches whatever, I want you two to attack it even if I get knocked away because of it. It probably has to cooldown before it can move after using it!"

I start to charge the ??? with Kusanagi ready to strike any potential ESP attacks. Hopefully, those two are ready to take advantage of any opportunity that might come up because I doubt I'll be in position take advantage of the opening.

Wise-Up!
    Alice McMillian
    MP: 285/300

Special Ability:
    United We Stand is an “aura” support ability. One can tell if United We Stand is active by the slight glow around the target (a golden aura).
    This aura comes from drawing in the 'life energy' of the surroundings and infusing it with the actual person's life force, increasing their capabilities. The buff is uniform for all people under effect, but currently it is limited to 2 people max.
    This is one of the reasons Alice has a healthy body now -her body is constantly under the effects of this ability, although in a more passive way and not as a sudden boost of abilities. Thus, it is possible to cast this again upon herself for a boost.
    This ability works in the form of Alice sending an orb of energy/beam of energy into the target's body. This only works for physical capabilities, but can raise target STR, CON, AGI and DEX by one + each. The buff increases by 1 + for every additional person added to the buff pool, because somehow those affected by this aura are all linked somehow and thus create synergy.

Alice’s United We Stand range is about 100 meters with Alice as the center. There is no initial MP cost, but there is an upkeep depending on the number of people linked.
    2 - 10 mana per turn
    3 - 15 mana per turn

Perks:
    Battle Analysis (Perk): While being a P-Terra makes killing your enemies with brute force easy, Alice prefers to be more “finesse” during combat by calmly analyzing her opponents for their weak points. During combat, Alice will notice weak points or random skills from the enemy depending on what Alice is looking for. As the battle goes on, Alice will pick up certain 'hints' (from the GM) that can help with battle, such as weak areas or combat patterns. It also gives you a chance to hit critically if you interpret these hints right.

Kusanagi (Perk): A katana created from a balanced alloy of steel and asterium to create (50% Asterium, 50% Steel). While it is not as tough or as flexible as a proper 60-40 Asterlite weapon, a 50-50 Asterlite weapon is still leagues stronger and more flexible than a normal steel blade. This katana can be traced back to the McMillian family’s accidental creation back when the meteors first hit. Alice’s late father, Geoffrey McMillian, was allowed to keep this katana because of the McMillian’s huge financial support of Asterium and Asterlite production. The blacksmith who created it? He told the McMillians that he was offered to help create and test Asterium/Asterlite products by the world government, and the same blacksmith currently is one of the scientists at the Defender, although Alice does not know of this.

This Katana can pierce up to Armor Tier 3. (Armor tiers of enemies start from 5 to 0, 5 being the lowest) Also has the ability to cut off body parts or slash through supernatural-type protections depending on the situation.

Spells:
    ??? - ???

Equipment:
    Tent
    Flashbang
    Smoke
    Kusanagi
    Last edited by Kuroyuki; June 21st, 2014 at 03:41 AM.

OZ 4
    October 15th, 005 AE

Two bolts of lightning pierce the air. Actually, calling them lightning would be kind of inappropriate, for they were far more concentrated - for they were like lasers, only more powerful, more deafening. With a giang bang the two bolts hit straight on the body of the giant bug, punching two holes and frying the internals of the monstrosity. Screeching yet again, the bug tilts over to the side and nearly collapses, although staying upright only thanks to its numerous shuddering tentacles. Then, the flaps open one last time, bathing the area in a deep red light.

[SKREERKERKERKRERK]

A half-screeching, half gurgling sound fills the area as the flaps open wide, throwing out a large number of red strings into the air.

Alice McMillian
    OZ 4
    October 15th, 005 AE

As you hold out your sword to ward off any ESP based ability, you are startled by the sudden advent of thread. It lashes forward from the various flaps, slamming into trees, ground, and what not. The red string hits you and your teammates, wrapping across all of you thickly, straining your movements. However, they don't pose much of a threat for you and your P-terra teammates, considering you broke out of them easily enough. However - that was a misconception.

Thread of Vitality-Theft

An ESP based thread shot by ????. It takes 1 turn to charge, but can be thrown over a large area. Cannot be burnt, but can be cut off easily or broken off despite it's stickiness. When hit by it, the longer the thread comes in contact to you, your health is sucked and given to the ????. In addition, more than 2 turns of exposure to the thread-spread area will further debuff your physical stats by 2 ranks due to the poison it secretes and intrudes upon your body.

Needs: B rank STR to break through.
    Although you and your fellow P-Terra break through easily enough, the same cannot be said for the R-Terra....

Leon has been snared!
    Forest has been snared!

Forest has resisted the hp draining effect. (A-)
    Leon loses 20 hp. (C)
    ????

Attack Patterns:
    Tentacle Smash - Range: 5 meters
    Flail - Range: 3 meters

Statistics:
    STR: A~SS
    AGI: E
    DEX: C~B
    INT: B+
    RES: C

Traits:
    Parasitic Symbiosis: Man eater roses
    Limited Levitation

Special Attacks:
    Thread of Vitality-Theft

An ESP based thread shot by ????. It takes 1 turn to charge, but can be thrown over a large area. Cannot be burnt, but can be cut off easily or broken off despite it's stickiness. When hit by it, the longer the thread comes in contact to you, your health is sucked and given to the ????. In addition, more than 2 turns of exposure to the thread-spread area will further debuff your physical stats by 2 ranks due to the poison it secretes and intrudes upon your body.

Needs: B rank STR to break through.

Blog Entries
    Alice McMillian
    OZ 4
    October 15th, 005 AE

I was so sure that the ??? would focus its attention on the three of us, P-Terra, charging it. But instead, everyone got hit with a red thread. After connecting, the thread attempted to stick to us and restrict our movements. To the three of us, P-Terra, this was at most a hindrance. Just in case, I did a quick check on the behind us just to be sure they were safe. Instead of them breaking the thread like the three of us up front, the two had difficulty moving let alone breaking free from it… The thread apparently did more than just restrain them… It appeared to have hurt Brand a little bit… This is all my fault. I shouldn’t have left those two defenseless. I thought Yoshida and Lacroix would need help against the ESP attack but instead I made the wrong call. I never would’ve expected the ESP attack to be something more dangerous for the R-Types than us P-Types. Quit wallowing in your self-hatred, Alice McMillian! Do something about this situation before it gets worse!

“Lacroix and Yoshida, I leave finishing off that thing to you. I’m going to go free Brand and Summer before it hurts them again.”

I run towards the two R-type Terra and ready Kusanagi to cut the red thread constricting them.

“Don’t move unless you want to get cut!”

I managed to reach Brand first and cut through his threads with one slice. A moment later, I also reached Summer and cut through his thread like it was nothing. With both of them freed, I readied myself to either attack the ??? or defend these two in case of emergency.

Wise Up!
    Alice McMillian
    MP: 260/300

Special Ability:

2 - 10 mana per turn
    3 - 15 mana per turn

Perks:

Kusanagi (Perk): A katana created from a balanced alloy of steel and asterium to create (50% Asterium, 50% Steel). While it is not as tough or as flexible as a proper 60-40 Asterlite weapon, a 50-50 Asterlite weapon is still leagues stronger and more flexible than a normal steel blade. This katana can be traced back to the McMillian family’s accidental creation back when the meteors first hit. Alice’s late father, Geoffrey McMillian, was allowed to keep this katana because of the McMillian’s huge financial support of Asterium and Asterlite production. The blacksmith who created it? He told the McMillians that he was offered to help create and test Asterium/Asterlite products by the world government, and the same blacksmith currently is one of the scientists at the Defender, although Alice does not know of this.

This Katana can pierce up to Armor Tier 3. (Armor tiers of enemies start from 5 to 0, 5 being the lowest) Also has the ability to cut off body parts or slash through supernatural-type protections depending on the situation.

Spells:
    ??? - ???

Equipment:
    Tent
    Flashbang
    Smoke
    Kusanagi

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Zagrin's Avatar
    Yoshida Ren
    OZ 4
    October 15th, 005 AE

As I get up off the floor, I rub where the creature's tentacle had whipped me. That really stung, although doesn't look like I'm any worse for wear, can't say the same for the giant bug though. After my punch it had been struck by something of the creepy guy's, not really sure what, but it looked pretty powerful!

Still the thing refused to give up, firing some sort of thread at us. Well whatever that stuff was, most of us dodged it and whoever was caught was quickly freed by our leader, her blade making swift work of that webbing. Well looks like everyone was safe, now all we had to do was, wait, did the bug just start...glowing? Yeah, some parts of it were definitely shining a bright red right now, almost as though it was preparing something.

Didn't really matter though, we're going to finish this now!

"Yeah, will do!"

Responding to my leader's words, I rushed at the bug's position once more. However rather than delivering another punch once I got to it, I instead knelt down and grabbed what I think was its main body?

Anyways, whatever this thing was getting ready to use, I wouldn't let it harm any of my comrades and I had just the plan to deal with it. I'm sure that it would work out just fine...probably!

With a heave, I lifted the bug off the ground, surprisingly it wasn't that heavy considering its size.

Right then now for some momentum.

Tightening my grip on it, I began to spin, going faster and faster with each rotation till I could barely feel the weight in my arms. Yeah, if this wasn't such a dangerous situation I'd probably be laughing right now at how silly I look, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

"FLY!"

Shouting that, I release my grip on the bug, sending it hurtling high into the sky. Now there was only one thing left for my plan to succeed...well technically it was already gone, but better safe than sorry!

"Oi, Flame Guy, tag in! You talked pretty big earlier so let's see those flames of yours in action!

Ren Yoshida
    HP: 535/535 (625/635)
    MP: 150/150

STR: C = S (SS+)
    CON: C = A- (S)
    AGI: D = D (C+)
    DEX: D = B (A+)
    INT: E = E
    RES: E = E

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Dranes's Avatar
    Leon Brand
    OZ 4
    October 15th, 005 AE

This is turning out to be one of those days.

First it turns out that whatever I burnt was some sort of plant monster, real pissed apparently cause of that. Some things happened including it shooting out some vines that whatshername dealt with, good thing on that since apparently fire doesn't work on a giant plant for some reason. That bacteria must be hell of a thing to have that happen, with a shake of my head I pull myself up from the ground...now then where was I?

With a screech from the beast, I turn to look at it. Right, I was turning that thing into ashes.

Yoshida runs forward as I once more ignite both my hands in flames, this fight has gone long enough.

What happens next is...interesting to say the least as Yoshida tosses the thing in the air.

"Oi, Flame Guy, tag in! You talked pretty big earlier so let's see those flames of yours in action!

He just doesn't know when to shut up does he.

"Oh you know I was just taking a breather with the vines!"

Putting that idiot to the side, I focus my attention on the now descending weed, this was an easy shot, better go full blast for it. Cupping my hands together, the flames dance together as the their intensity rises, in a few moments I was ready as I got myself ready.

It should be in effective range...now!

With that I release the flames that I was holding back, shooting forward at the still falling enemy. I had no intention of ending this attack until that thing was nothing but a bad memory.

Leon/ESP

Name: Leon Brand
    Type: R-Terra

HP: 180/200
    MP: 430/450

STR: ??
    AGI: ??
    DEX: C+
    INT: A
    RES: C

Eternal Flame
    The ability granted to Leon by the bacteria is by no means extraordinary in terms of appearance, quite the opposite in fact. Leon can manifest flames, controlling them freely in turn and the appearance of the flames coming from anywhere off his body. The flames themselves can be used as defense or to increase his attack strength, having both the characteristics of fire and if willed: to be solid. He is of course immune to his own fire.

3. Can shoot fire for 5 mana per shot.