Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Golden Apple: A Fate/Apocrypha Oneshot

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Still, I appreciate it.
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    I like what you've got here and would like to see more; using such snippets to delve into the interaction of characters as you would see them play out is really neat to see, especially since Apocrypha has a variety of cultures represented.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    Wow this is cool. And damn you, Nuclear. Making me read this cute story right after having already read a cute Frankenstein tidbit from Canon's translations. Frankenmoe is too moe for me. >_<

Blog Entries
    Moe is love. Moe is life.

Blog Entries
    Okay, so this one was slightly-- oh, why am I bothering? This is crack. Well, the Shakespeare parts are, which I tried (and probably failed) to balance out with the Astolfo ones. Which rather fits the title, methinks. Anyway, enjoy.

NOTE: It is in my headcanon for animated!Apocrypha that Shakespeare will be voiced by Emperor Chuck. So, if you'd like, please imagine Norio Wakamoto doing the voiceover. Thank you.

<===)-(===>

Evaporation of Sanity

"Now, then... first, we have to put our heads together and think of a way to help you. Oh, I would definitely suggest against leaving it entirely for me to decide. For no man can show as much a lack of restraint as I, Astolfo!"

<===)-(===>

Astolfo hummed a merry tune as he proceeded to a very secret place in the fortress of Millennia. Of course, he had mapped nigh every nook and cranny of the place, one of the joys of being in physical form.

He checked his pockets as he made a left turn. The package he carried, in all actuality a simple something wrapped in a paper towel, was still mostly intact. He smiled to himself as he reached the end of a corridor.

Astolfo bent the hand of a statue of a long-dead scion, opening a secret door to his right. As he entered, he heard the rumble of the door closing behind him.

<===)-(===>

Shakespeare was, for lack of better terms, having a field day.

He had pressed Semiramis for details regarding Atalanta’s support mission after Berserker’s reckless charge towards the enemy fortress (to this day, Shakespeare insisted that he had no part in sending Spartacus on that suicide mission). The Assyrian queen did not disappoint; she told him Achilles, the Rider of Red, had accompanied Atalanta in the mission.

Naturally, Shakespeare was now hounding both in hopes of squeezing out a good story from their (supposedly) sordid sojourn in the woods.

He stood outside the door to Achilles’ quarters, mentally reciting the (totally bombastic) monologue that would bag him the information he sought.

Shakespeare knocked in the most melodious fashion he could think of. When Achilles’ head popped out, Shakespeare began his speech.

“O most mighty Achilles, Heracles of this age, I, thine humble servant, humbly asketh if thou mayest enlighten mine mind with—”

“Whoa you’re creepy,” was all the “most mighty” Achilles could say, before slamming the door in the playwright’s face.

<===)-(===>

Astolfo sat beside his homunculus friend, who had just woken up from his prana depletion-induced coma.

He was pale as a bed sheet and his eyes were bloodshot, yet when Astolfo asked if he fared well, he said he was fine.

In light of his condition, Astolfo brought out the package he had been carrying and opened it to reveal a small stack of chocolate chip cookies.

“Have some,” he requested.

The homunculus complied with his order by gingerly picking one cookie up and nibbling along the edges.

“Does it taste good?” Astolfo asked.

Though the homunculus did not give a verbal reply, the fact that he quickly polished off the whole stack was enough for an answer.

“They’re not overly sweet, and those brown bits are quite bitter. By the way, where did you get those?”

Astolfo jumped slightly, clearly unready for the question. “Ahh, well… they were at the dining table, and I thought you might like some, so…” He trailed off, hoping that the homunculus could catch his meaning.

“Ah.”

Astolfo took the homunculus’ hands into his own, a pleading look in his eyes. “Please don’t tell Siegfried.”

“Not a word,” he answered. “Though it’s not like we talk whenever he’s around.”

<===)-(===>

Even in the face of his loss, Shakespeare’s resolve to craft a drama of the young lovebirds’ passionate courtship (or so it seemed, in his eyes) remained strong.

Seeing as asking the male had… less than favorable fruits, the playwright then decided to ask the female.

Once again, he knocked in the most melodious manner he could think of, and once again broke out the can marked “Special Flowery Monologue (Flattery Ver.)”

“O magnificent Aphrodite, enthralling Muse of my soul! Your humble servant, Shakespeare, seeketh thine most divine assistance in a matter most perilous.”

Atalanta, unimpressed, crossed her arms. “I assume you know what happens when one presumes themselves as equal to the gods?”

“They are transmogrified into animals, or some oth—” Shakespeare began.

The ears on top of Atalanta’s head twitched ever so slightly. “Exactly.”

Shakespeare felt the door slam in his face. Again.

<===)-(===>

“Hey… Do you want to see the world?”

The homunculus thought for a moment. “I… don’t know. I don’t know enough for me to say ‘yes’ or ‘no’.”

Astolfo grinned. “Do you want me to describe it to you, or should I get you a box?”

The homunculus looked puzzled. “Why a box?”

“You know, so I can smuggle you out of here.”

“I rather doubt that a skirt-wearing man carrying a person-sized box is an inconspicuous sight.”

Astolfo rolled his eyes, feigning annoyance. “Fiiiine. Describe it is then.”

Astolfo rose and paced around. “Hmm, let’s see, mmm… ah! I got it! The world is like a cookie. You know, like the one you just ate.”

The homunculus’ head tilted. “You mean it’s made of dough?”

Astolfo laughed. “Of course not, silly! If that were true, you might as well have eaten your way to freedom!”

“It’s like a cookie metaphorically,” Astolfo explained. “It’s just the right amount of sweet. No more, no less. And even though it can get bitter, that’s part of what makes it delicious!”

“Ah.” Though the homunculus could not completely grasp Astolfo’s lofty words, he was beginning to understand.

Just then, Astolfo winced as if someone had pinched his arm very hard.

“Is something wrong?”

Astolfo shook his head. “No, it’s just my Master. I… I have to go.” He turned to go, and started running off.

“I’ll give you my answer next time,” the homunculus called, though he wasn’t sure if that reached his friend.

<===)-(===>

By the time the two Servants (and Master) sat on the table to have their afternoon tea, Shakespeare was absolutely (for lack of a better, more mellifluous word) pissed.

Neither of the two lovers had given him material for him to write his newest drama, and he was at wits’ end in trying to find a way to do so.

He maintained his death grip the handle of his teacup, and made short, calculated sips as his other hand flew (with the assistance of a quill, of course) over a piece of parchment paper laid of his crossed leg.

Such was the intensity of his focus that his two friends were bothered.

Semiramis was the first to ask. “Is something wrong, William?”

Shakespeare’s hand lifted away from the paper, appearing as if a viper poised to strike.

“No, no, nothing is wrong. Everything is completely normal and not wrong.” The fact that he mentioned ‘wrong’ twice in his statement made his compatriots suspicious.

“Give me that.” Semiramis filched the papers from beneath Shakspeare’s nose, to which the playwright responded with (a completely award-winning) wail of “No! My manuscript! My magnum opus!

But it was too late; Semiramis was already reading the paper’s contents.

“My Adonis, o moon of my life! How I long for thy spear, that magnificent monument to thy martial prowess! That which has pierced the highest heavens of the gods! I pine for it, I ache for it! Deign that thou mayst sendst it from heaven to pierce this, mine loneliness.”

By the time she finished that paragraph, Semiramis’ left eye was twitching, and Shirou blanched to a color nearly identical to his hair.

“…I don’t even want to see what material you have in mind for Atalanta.”

“This is…” Shirou began.

“Marvellous? A monument to mine mastery of the English language? A perfect encapsulation of the lovers’ insurmountable, unbridled desire? Why thank you.” Shakespeare stood up and bowed.

“…the Elizabethan equivalent of shitty phone sex.”

Shakespeare launched himself to the floor spread-eagled, pretending that he had been severely hurt. “O, how thou woundeth me, Master! Thy words are like a sword that pierces my heart, a fire that sets it aflame!”

“Oh, hush now,” Semiramis said. “This isn’t going to work because, first: you’re using your ‘magniloquent’ English, which neither of the two actually care to use, and second: this isn’t a love letter. It’s a fuck letter. Make it sound like they want it, need it, even.”

Shakespeare got up and pretend-dusted himself off. “And what, o wise queen, wouldst thou suggesteth I put in those letters?”

“Hmm…” Semiramis crossed her legs and thought. “Things like ‘I want you inside of me’, or ‘I want to get off with you’, or failing that, ‘please fuck me’.”

“Or ‘please put your pOnOs in my vagOOO.’,” Shirou suggested.

The two Servants stared at him for a short while.

Shakespeare came up to Semiramis’ and Shirou’s side of the table, giving them both a good lip-smack on the cheek and shaking their hands.

“Many thanks to you, o friends! Rest assured that thine part in the genesis of this great drama shall not be forgotten.” Shakespeare bowed, as if he had finished an award-winning performance.

“Tally ho!” he said as he left.

Shirou and Semiramis sat in silence for a while.

“Did we just…” Shirou began.

“I think we did, Shirou,” Semiramis said, sipping her tea. “I think we did.”

Blog Entries
    I need that script, William. Send it to me from the Throne or something. There's just way too less Apocrypha hentai.

It's a secret to everybody! The Green Flame's Avatar
    I heard every single word with Wakamoto's rumbling voice. It was beautiful.

Dapper Deathwing YeOfLittleFaith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Oh god this fic.

It is absolutely wonderful.
    And the last snippet not only was hilarious, it had amazing lines.

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Not my fault Shirou is an awesome bro to lesbians.

Blog Entries
    Time for a change in tone.

Kabbalah

=====EO

“The Hebrew word for '"tradition", [it] is a major Thaumaturgical School from Europe developed by Solomon ibn Gabirol. Solomon created golems as his specialty. Aoko Aozaki uses one of its ancient branches, the Notarikon. Other branches include the Temurah and Gematria, the latter which was the basis for the Numerology of Michael Roa Valdamjong.”

=====EO

Spartacus’ eyelids fluttered open, and his eyes met a blinding light.

This was not home base.

He tried to wiggle his arms, and legs, only to find them bound tight. He struggled in vain to free himself from his restraints.

“Ah, you’ve woken up. Excellent,” came a voice that sent a chill down Spartacus’ spine.

A vaguely human-shaped being entered his field of vision.

“Who…” Spartacus began, but the figure placed a metal finger on its featureless mask, right where its mouth should be. In an instant, Spartacus’ voice left him. Though he was capable of mouthing out his question, it was as if the air inside his throat refused to vibrate.

“I am Caster of Black, and you are in your new camp.” Caster bowed his head slightly, his voice cold as an iron blade.

That was all Spartacus needed to know. Immediately he set out to hurt himself, for in pain, there was power. He bit his lip, hoping to draw blood, but to no avail. He dug his hands into his palms. That, too, failed.

Caster merely chuckled.

“Don’t bother. I’ve taken the liberty of reinforcing your entire body for this operation. You won’t be hurting yourself anytime soon.” Then he started pacing around Spartacus, each step punctuated not by a footfall, but by the clang of metal, like a sword falling to the ground by the hilt.

“You’re a rebel, aren’t you, Spartacus? Of course you are. But now, I am going to… reprogram you, just like any golem-maker, when faced with a malfunctioning unit. And then, you will obey me—us, abiding by our every command.”

Spartacus’ eyes went wide.

“Oh, you’ll like that, I think. We will let you rebel against your former masters. You will rise against them and you will kill them. And after all that work…” Caster leaned in close to his ear, like a lover whispering sweet nothings to his beloved. “… You will be mine to control. Forever.”

Spartacus squirmed, struggling to get free. This would not be his end. Not as the puppet of some hideous abomination. Not as anyone’s servant.

“Perhaps I should begin the lobotomy.” Caster stated, delighting in the Berserker's discomfort. “Oh, don’t worry, I’ll be using Thaumaturgy, so you won’t feel a thing.”

A cold metal finger touched Spartacus’ forehead, and everything was gone.

=====EO
    Last edited by Nuclear; May 31st, 2014 at 09:29 AM.

Blog Entries
    .... well that is deliciously and suitably creepy.

Blog Entries
    Another interesting pair - although, mixing modern Internet slang into Shakespeare . . . *Shudders* Please don't.

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    The Shakespeare snippet would do much better without memes.

Still, I do enjoy what you put of Apocrypha characters. Keep on it, if you wish.

Blog Entries

Murderer of the Misty Night, Another Fate/Apocrypha Oneshot

Hi, guys! I'm not dead yet, if you've been wondering. Just got over my post-traumatic butthurt concerning the events leading to the scene detailed below. Oh, and a message to Mr. Higashide: "FUCK YOU."

Murderer of the Misty Night

>>========>

“[It] is a skill associated with [Jack the Ripper’s] nature as a serial killer rather than as an Assassin, which permits preemptive strike against all opponents. However, unconditional success of the skill is possible only at night.”

>>========>

Atalanta stalked about the dimly lit streets of downtown Trifas like a rag doll being led about by a drunken puppeteer. Her movements were slow and measured yet she seemed to stumble about, appearing to have no apparent direction.

A small boy, no older than eight, appeared in the corner of her eye. He giggled, though the huntress heard it as a scream. Then he hid himself at the back of a building.

Atalanta abruptly transitioned from her inebriated gait into one of pure speed, dashing forward and leaving her arms outstretched behind her. No amount of madness could dull her instincts or the aesthetics of her running, so even as she strained to keep her focus amidst the whispering and the screaming in her head, she still looked like a running deer, artfully evading whatever arrows its would-be hunters bore.

When she finally reached the boy’s hiding place, the boy smiled. Then he made that sound again: something not quite a giggle, but not quite a scream, either. When Atalanta stretched out her hand to him, he vanished.

It didn’t matter where the boy went, because Atalanta always knew where the children were, and the children always knew where she was.

In that way, Atalanta kept the children safe.
    >>========>

Atalanta lay on her back at the rooftop of some building, her hand stretched out towards the moon, admiring its light.

She had always felt an attachment towards the moon, mainly because it was the domain of her patroness, Artemis. But this time, she was even more grateful to it because it held the last slivers of her sanity.

Back then, when Ruler (the whiny bitch has the gall to call herself that) exorcised the Servant then known as Assassin of Black, thousands of dead children burst forth from her body, enveloping everyone in a small radius, including Atalanta and… that woman.

As one who had received mercy as a child, Atalanta took pity on the mass of souls arrayed before her. She promised that she would keep them safe and happy and loved. So far, she thought, she had never betrayed them in any of those.

Atalanta allowed the spirits to dwell in her arm for the time being, at least until she could find a suitable container for them. But she did not know that the children did not want to leave, nor would they accept another container. The children had finally found their “mother”, and they expressed their love through whispers and screams, gentle caresses and hard lashes, all of which drove the huntress on the middle of that perilous bridge, between the land of the sane, and that of the insane.

But Atalanta did not have regrets then, or now. Because, in her mind, she had kept the children safe.

>>========>

Blog Entries
    ..... oh, whelp that's uh.

Yeah, that's very subtly horrifying and creepy.

Blog Entries
    Yes - and yet, oddly sweet . . . So, archetypally Type-Moon, perhaps?

Nice to see you back at it.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette