Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mysterium - (QUEST - Weird Puzzle Shit central) (IC)

Use your hairpin one final time, this time on the lock placed on the metal door.
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    >Use your hairpin one final time, this time on the lock placed on the metal door

I attempt so, but after fie minutes I am left with no other option but giving up. Not going to be that easy...

>Use the chair to reach both of the paintings (nun and blood splatters) and the knife to see if you can either pry them off the wall or cut the painting itself out of the frame to reveal something behind it. There is a time to appreciate fine art, and that time isn't now.

… I honestly don’t know if I want to try that. The goddamn paintings just creep me the fuck out, in all sincerity.

However, starting to grow a bit desperate, I decide to grab the chair and bring it to the red painting, and then I try to pry it off the wall to no avail. Just like the nun painting, it seems to be glued somehow, and even if I use all my strength, I cannot make it budge an inch. Finally hit with an alternate idea, I try to cut the painting out of the frame… only for the switchblade to hit a hard surface.

There… there is no canvas here. The painting seems to be applied to some sort of white stone slab, with the frame over it. I attempt the same things with the nun painting, only to find the same thing here.

This is really weird, but so is the rest of this room and my situation.

>Go around the walls and knock on them to try detecting a hollow compartment. Even a child can easily make a hole in drywall with something like a screwdriver or a knife.

A new idea floats in my mind. Why did not I think of this earlier? With my excellent hearing, I should be able to detect any hollow compartment or hidden door with no problem whatsoever.

I spend what feels like the next twenty minutes knocking everywhere on the walls, paying attention to the sounds they give. Finally, one of the sections of the wall, at the side of my bed, rings hollow. I quickly use the screwdriver to attempt to carve a hole, only to hit metal some centimeters in.

I clear up the drywall surrounding it, to discover a metal panel of some sort, and then use the screwdriver in its top. It opens, so I guess this is more like a metal box jammed into the wall?

The small panel falls, revealing... pure emptiness, save for a BLACK SCREW. It looks weirdly shinny and it is pretty long, but does not seem to have any use whatsoever for my current situation.

Obtained BLACK SCREW

I decide to store it anyway; in the off chance it could help me. If someone went all the trouble of leaving it there, then maybe it is important somehow.

>See if the carpet can be moved, and try looking under it.

Somewhat tired by all that moving around, I sit down in the bed, trying to recover my bearings again. That someone seems to have done god-knows-what to me and then locked me into this room, forcing me to go over all these loops… it just gets on my nerves!

I resolve myself to punch whatever crazy kidnapper got me here in the face at least once.

While I am sitting down, the carpet comes into view. I haven’t thought of investigating it yet, right?

I walk over to it, and lift it then throw it to the side, revealing what seems to be a fairly long rope underneath. Grabbing the rope, I test it is not tied to anything, then I roll it up and leave it in the table for now.

Obtained 2 METERS OF ROPE

>Inspect the underside of the table.

And talking about the table, there is somewhere here where I did not look at yet. I get on my knees, and then push half my body underneath the table. Looking upwards, I detect something… I reach out with my hand, and notice the shape of a key, taped to the underside of the table.

I attempt to take it, but it is taped so heavily that I can’t make it budge. I let out a frustrated, unfeminine grumble.

Ayaka’s inventory

>Hairpin
    >Ouroboros Key
    >Envelope w/ DVD
    >Videotape
    >Screwdriver
    >Switchblade
    >Violet Marble
    >Black Screw
    >2m of Rope
    Last edited by RacingeR; May 23rd, 2014 at 02:04 PM.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Blog Entries
    Cut the tape with your switchblade. If you manage to get it, try opening the wardrobe with it.

If you don't, cut harder.

CUT HARDER.
    Arthur-san is my waifu
    [20:57] frantic: I can't even remember what opinions I actually hold about the thing compared to shit I made up to piss people off
    [17:13] Airen: Its not an airen character unless gay

If it doesnt work on the wardrobe, try the lock on the metal door.
    Last edited by hero; May 23rd, 2014 at 03:50 PM.
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)

Blog Entries
    >Cut the tape with your switchblade. If you manage to get it, try opening the wardrobe with it.

I take out the switchblade out of my pocket, and then try my best to cut off the large amount of tape attaching the key to the table’s underside. Even this shitty blade manages to do the trick, and I soon manage to sever the tape, and acquire the key.

Obtained SMALL KEY

I quickly walk towards the wardrobe, and try it. And for the umpteenth time, my hopes are dashed. This key does not fit the wardrobe’s lock. Then, for what is this key for?

>If it doesnt work on the wardrobe, try the lock on the metal door.

Nah, the key is too small for it to fit this lock.

Ayaka’s inventory

>Hairpin
    >Ouroboros Key
    >Envelope w/ DVD
    >Videotape
    >Screwdriver
    >Switchblade
    >Violet Marble
    >Black Screw
    >2m of Rope
    >Small Key

quotes
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

Blog Entries
    Try looking under the bed. Also try out the small key on the bathroom's cabinet.
    Last edited by Erlkonig; May 23rd, 2014 at 05:47 PM.
    Arthur-san is my waifu
    [20:57] frantic: I can't even remember what opinions I actually hold about the thing compared to shit I made up to piss people off

Blog Entries
    >Try Small Key on bathroom cabinet

Maybe this key was meant for the lock I opened with my hairpin? If so, this could be completely useless. I decide to walk back to the bathroom and try the key on the cabinet’s lock. Unexpectedly, it does not seem to fit it either. I am starting to wonder what this key is for.

>Try looking under the bed.

There is one last place I haven’t looked at yet. The space between the bed and the floor is small, but the thin me can easily peek there and fit part of my body in. It is, however, very dark down there, and I am unable to see anything. I resort to feeling up the underside of the bed, until my hand feels a familiar shape.

It is a key, heavily taped as well. Sighing, I take out the switchblade and unleash all my pent up frustration on the tape. Since I cannot see what I am doing, I end up taking my sweet time cutting the damn thing, but I am finally able to obtain the CYAN KEY.

I take a look at the switchblade, and I see that whatever sharpness it had left has completely disappeared. This thing was so shitty that just cutting up some tape was enough to dull its blade… this just seems much more incredible than anything else that has happened until now.

>Don’t lose more time, try new key on wardrobe

It fits! Fucking finally! I open the wardrobe impatiently, and take a gander inside… only to find a large horizontal box, with a lock in it. I take out the SMALL KEY, and apply it to the lock. It fits perfectly, and the box opens…

To reveal a CROWBAR.

Obtained CROWBAR

Now what?

Ayaka’s inventory

>Hairpin
    >Ouroboros Key
    >Envelope w/ DVD
    >Videotape
    >Screwdriver
    >Switchblade
    >Violet Marble
    >Black Screw
    >2m of Rope
    >Crowbar

quotes

Blog Entries
    FLIP THE FUCK OUT
    Arthur-san is my waifu

Blog Entries
    SMASH LOCKS

Blog Entries
    >FLIP THE FUCK OUT
    >SMASH LOCKS

I ACCOMPLISH JACK SHIT

No, seriously, calm down, Ayaka, no need to let this get to you, you'll get all sweaty and you hate being sweaty and then you'll have to shower and you don't wanna shower because you are feeling observed and you just know the creep that put you here has some hidden cameras watching you so just calm down, breathe deeply, calm down. No flipping the fuck out unnecessarily, or try to uselessly smash that big metal lock. You'll reserve flipping the fuck out for when the time is right.

quotes

Blog Entries
    See if you can't pry the black screen out using the crowbar. If that proves useless, try hitting the patch of concrete where the red arrow is with it. If hitting doesn't work, try using the crowback and see if you can't pull part of the floor out or something.
    Arthur-san is my waifu

Blog Entries
    >See if you can't pry the black screen out using the crowbar. If that proves useless, try hitting the patch of concrete where the red arrow is with it. If hitting doesn't work, try using the crowback and see if you can't pull part of the floor out or something.

Okay, I don’t really lose anything by trying this…

First, I go for the black screen, and it soon becomes apparent I cannot pry it off the wall. There is no real gap for me to insert the crowbar into, which makes me quickly give up.

I then go to the patch of concrete at which the red arrow is pointing, and hit it a few times with no real result. The sound my ears pick up makes me notice it is not hollow, and once again I see that there are no gaps to use the crowbar into.

I think the red arrow was meant to be a clue to the keys hidden underneath the table and the bed… maybe?

Ayaka’s inventory

>Hairpin
    >Ouroboros Key
    >Envelope w/ DVD
    >Videotape
    >Screwdriver
    >Dull Switchblade
    >Violet Marble
    >Black Screw
    >2m of Rope
    >Crowbar

quotes

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Try to pry off the paintings with the crowbar.

Stand on the plastic chair to reach the light in the ceiling and see if there's something in the lamp. Is there a light switch in the room?

Look over every inch of the AC unit.

Try to look behind the wardrobe if possible. Use the crowbar to make space between it and the wall.

Blog Entries
    >Try to pry off the paintings with the crowbar.

I am not going to get near these paintings again.

>Stand on the plastic chair to reach the light in the ceiling and see if there's something in the lamp. Is there a light switch in the room?

The lamp in the ceiling is a bit too far for me to reach, even standing up in the chair. I, however, cannot see anything there. And I cannot see a light switch in the room, or in the bathroom for that matter. How odd.

>Look over every inch of the AC unit.

Hmm… this AC… the groove thingie from where the air comes from, it looks like it can be opened. I try to pry it open with my fingers, then after that, I try with the crowbar. The damn thing seems to refuse to open no matter what, though, and I quickly lose my patience and end up putting all my weight and strength into it.

Suddenly, the groove’s lid is forced open, and I lose equilibrium over the chair. I topple backwards, and hit the concrete floor with my ass, eliciting a pained yelp out of me. At the same time, something metallic hits my head and falls to my side, causing me to panic for a moment and roll away.

I end up dizzy, rubbing my ass, and staring at a new key with teary eyes. I hope against hope that the whole hidden cameras thing is just a result of my paranoia, and that nobody has recorded this shameful moment that I will forget forever from now onwards. I get up unsteadily, the bruise on my left leg hurting slightly again, and move to grab the key that damaged both my butt and my pride.

It is a golden colored key that has another effigy at the end, this time looking like a pyramid. It is pretty big, and seems to be the perfect fit for the lock on the big metallic door.

Obtained PYRAMID KEY

>Use the key posthaste!

I try it with some apprehension, and find that it works perfectly. Relieved, I spin it eight times, and the lock is released, and when I take the key out, it falls to the floor alongside with the chain. Finally, after what felt like a thousand years, I am finally free!

I push the door. It does not budge. I pull the handle… and the door does not budge.

Oh you son of a bitch!

I notice a faint glow out the corner of my eye.

>Examine screen

Huh. The screen that had been dead and empty before has activated once I released the lock, and now it sends out a faint glow, as if calling for my attention. I take a good look at it, and what I see confused me slightly.

First thing I see is a cyan-colored number 8 on the top and center of the screen. Below, the words “INSERT CODE” appear, colored red. And finally, below that I see the following marks.

_ __ __ __ __ __ __ __

And then at the bottom of everything, a list of numbers from 0 to 9 appear. This seems to be a touchscreen, so the iPad comparison was not far away from reality.

Ayaka’s inventory

>Hairpin
    >Ouroboros Key
    >Envelope w/ DVD
    >Videotape
    >Screwdriver
    >Dull Switchblade
    >Violet Marble
    >Black Screw
    >2m of Rope
    >Crowbar
    >Pyramid Key
    Last edited by RacingeR; May 24th, 2014 at 06:23 PM.

quotes

Blog Entries
    8 in every slot DO IT YOU DYKE
    Arthur-san is my waifu

Blog Entries
    >8 in every slot DO IT YOU DYKE

Might as well try what seems obvious. This whole thing has some sort of 8 theme going, so…

I input 8 88 88 88 88 88 88 88 and then press the ENTER button.

For a second, nothing at all happens… then, the screen flashes red. Almost instantly, I feel an immense amount of pain crawling from my left thigh upwards, forcing me a scream as I fall on the floor. I convulse under the effects of the electrical shock, my body moving and trembling on its own. The amount of pain is so intense, that I feel my consciousness recede, and I nearly black out… if only this was as merciful to let me do so.

After what feels like an eternity, the pain subsides, and I open my eyes to find myself on the same spot in the floor. Whimpering like a beaten dog, I crawl to my feet and run away from the screen, which seems to have reset the password field back to empty. I end up on the bed, covering myself with the sheets as my body trembles uncontrollably.

“What the hell?” I hear myself scream. “What kind of sadist does something like this..? Just let me out of here! I want to go home!”

It is hard to do so… but I restrain my tears. I understand fully well that doing this will get me nowhere… but I am just a normal run-of-the-mill schoolgirl. How did I end up in this kind of situation? I am not made for this!

quotes

>Imput the following code:

8 16 24 32 40 48 56 64

Blog Entries
    >Input the following code: 8 16 24 32 40 48 56 64

Eventually, I realize that I have no other way out. I have to try again, or I will stay on this room forever.

I stand up in my shaky legs, and walk towards the screen again. Despite my best efforts, I am covered with sweat, which only increases the feeling of discomfort. Shivering, I confront the screen, and start thinking.

This whole thing seems to be themed after the number 8. Not only is there an 8 in the screen, and space for 8 numbers, but there is also this conspicuous 8x8 in the ceiling, painted with the same color as the 8 tattoo in my leg.

Well, let’s see, 8x8 equals 64. The first number on this seems to be a single digit, so let’s say it is 8. If I start multiplying 8 for the first 8 numbers, and input the answers, then I will start with 8, and reach 64, so…

I input the first 8 multiples of 8. However, I have no real way of confirming that my theory is right… I gulp, and my finger trembles as it hovers over the ENTER button… and then, gathering all of my resolve, I press it and brace for the incoming shock.

Nothing happens for a second… and then the screen flashes green.

The hum of machinery increases gradually, to a point where it becomes too loud for me, and leads to me covering my ears. Then, a few metallic snaps are heard, and the door pops open, revealing a long, dimly illuminated hallway.

I take one last look at the room, and walk back to the table to get the rolled up rope and put it around my shoulder. Not willing to stay much longer in this claustrophobic room, I step on the hallway after hesitating for a second. As nothing happens, I gain courage, and start walking down the hallway.

Then, with a heavy sound… the door automatically closes behind me. I retrace my steps and try the handle, with no results. There is no turning back now.

------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the room that Ayaka just left behind. Illuminated by the lamp in the ceiling, it seems gray and abandoned now that its inhabitant has left it, completely lifeless. Nothing moves here. Nothing is here.

Now, let’s zoom into a particular detail of this room. Let’s, for example, investigate the portrait of the nun. Corpulent, almost muscular, the nun is painted with almost realistic detail. Her expression is twisted in anger, and a vein can be seen in her forehead. Her fist is closed, and held on high, as if menacing the viewer. And her eyes. Her eyes have become blood red.

From the walls of the room, the color ‘red’ pours endlessly, slowly filling the place, and turning it into some vision of hell. The red fog takes over everything, and soon nothing can be seen here.

Nothing but a tall black silhouette, cackling to itself.

ROOM 608 – COMPLETE
    All items acquired
    All clues seen
    Completion: 100%

End = Beginning

------------------------------------------------------------

The hallway’s floor is made of the same concrete as the room’s, and the walls are also of drywall. I place my hand on them, and they feel much more solid than before. On intervals, lights are placed on the hallway, dimly illuminating it as a whole.

I walk through it, not stopping anymore. I just want to get out of here, and be done with this weird shit. I wish I still had my cellphone and I could call the police, but right now I am honestly more concerned with getting out of here before some maniac attacks me.

I reach a part of the hallway where it bends, and as I approach this corner, I hear voices. I immediately freeze, and start doing my best to listen to them, to no avail. I can note that one is female, and the other is male, and that they sound somewhat tense… and they are probably standing on the same hallway, but that is all. They are too far for me to understand what they are talking about, and if I were to get closer, they’d discover me.

However, I see no other way but forward, and after taking a breath and composing myself, I decide to walk and encounter these strangers. They might be my kidnappers… or they might be fellow victims, I don’t have a way to know, but to meet them.

As if there was any other option.

My steps carry me to a small circular room, very similar to the hallway I was into. There are four entrances into this room, two of which are very close to the one I came from. On one of the walls, the phrase “CRUSH THE ZERO, CONQUER THE INFINITE” is written out in shiny golden paint.

And more importantly, there are two persons here that I have never seen before. A female and a male student of about my age, whose conversation was interrupted once they spotted me, are now observing me with some care. I take note of their gray student uniforms… those are actually familiar. Are they students of my school’s sister school?

girl's pic

The girl examines me, her beautiful violet eyes examining me with great intensity. I… consider myself somewhat skilled when it comes to reading people, and there is something certainly odd in the stare the girl gives me, only stopping a bit to regard the number 8 tattooed in my thigh. This girl is a real beauty, with lustrous black hair, breath-taking eyes, alabaster skin, and good proportions. I almost start feeling jealous… it is not like I don’t have a chest, but mine is really small in comparison…

She smiles bewitchingly once she is done examining me, and she turns her head towards the boy. “Told you there’d be someone with an eight.” As she say this, I notice that her uniform seems to be also missing the jacket, and that her left sleeve has been ripped off. Just under her neck, I can see a red line, and after thinking for a bit, I came to the conclusion it is a tattoo of the number 7. Its color seems to be violet, very similar in tone to the girl’s eyes.

The boy grunts slightly, and turns his face away from the girl. He is tall, handsome, and wears glasses, but he quickly strikes me as the grumpy and not talkative type. He looks at me for a bit, then seems to lose interest pretty quickly. His uniform has a jacket, but it has been torn in many parts, and on the back of his hand, I can see the number 9 on the back of his left hand, and at first I think it is the same color as the girl’s, but then notice it is a different shade of purple.

“Hi there!” The girl calls my attention, still smiling. “So I am going to guess you are kidnapped just like us right? Woke into a room with amnesia and all?”

“Y-yes” I answer her promptly. “Did the same happen to you..? Did you have to find the key and input a code too?”

“Yep. See Tatsu?” She addresses the boy again. “It was worth it to wait for a while.”

“Whatever…” The boy answers for the first time, his voice sounding rough in comparison with the girl’s own pleasant voice. “Get the introductions done and let’s go, I got no interest in standing here all day.”

“Oh yeah, introductions… I am Sakura Eri, and this guy who seems like he’ll grump down the walls is my twin brother, Sakura Tatsu. And you are…?” She also presents the boy, who continues to seemingly not care.

“Um… Takamura Ayaka. Nice to meet you. You are from… Entsuki Gakuen, right?” I smile slightly, feeling a bit less nervous now that I know I am not alone in this predicament.

“Yeah. And I can tell you are from Midorizuki. I guess you came to the town’s party, and woke up here?” Her smile fades a bit as she is now staring at me quite seriously.

“Something like that… I remember entering a building, and then everything else just fades away.” Whenever I try to remember further, I just come up empty. Every detail is clear until I enter some building that I cannot recall, and then I just blank out. It is… pretty weird.

“Same for us… huh, I guess we’ll have to continue going forward to get any answers.”

>

Wise up!

Name: Ayaka Takamura
    Number & Color: Cyan 8
    Job: School student
    Height/Weight: Average/Light
    Build: Thin
    Birthday: November 16th
    Hobbies: Playing the guitar, listening to music, hanging out with friends, spending time with siblings.
    Favorite food: Onigiri
    Relatives: Older brother by 4 years, older sister by 1 year, younger sister by two years, younger brother by 4 years. Parents work at a bakery

Stats:

STR: E
    END: D
    SPD: A
    DEX: B
    INT: B
    PER: C

Skills:

Super Hearing
    Since I have memory, my hearing has always been something out of the ordinary. Of course, I am no superhero or mutant or anything of that sort, but I always have been able to pick out sounds that others can’t, and to hear farther than the norm. I find it very useful for my artistic aspirations, but never cared much for this little skill of mine.

Musician - Guitar
    I have always been interested in music, and my dream has been since a long time ago to be a musician. My instrument of choice has been the guitar, and I have become pretty skilled at playing it, if I do say so myself. I also have lots of knowledge about music in general, and some knowledge about other instruments.

People Reader
    I have always been good at reading others in an almost instinctive way, observing their gestures and expressions, as well as their tone of voice. Of course, it is nothing supernatural and I can only pick at small lies and get some suspicions, and anyone with a skilled poker face will be a though nut to crack. I am also good at noticing little details on others that one wouldn’t normally notice.

Social Grace
    Maybe as a result of living with so many siblings, I have become pretty skilled at interacting with people and getting along with others. I am pretty quick to make friends, and not that prone to get into others’ bad graces.

-----------------

Name: Eri Sakura
    Number & Color: Violet 7
    Height/Weight: Average/Light
    Build: Average
    Relatives: Twin brother

Stats:

STR: B
    END: D
    SPD: C
    DEX: C
    INT: B
    PER: A

Skills:

Beauty
    Eri is someone whose beauty cannot be ignored by anyone she meets. Possessing fair features, black hair, and entrancing eyes, as well as a well proportioned body, she is the incarnation of a proper Japanese beauty, at least physically. This carries various social benefits for her, as well as the ability to influence others, however slightly.

-----------------

Name: Tatsu Sakura
    Number & Color: Purple 9
    Height/Weight: Tall/Average
    Build: Average
    Relatives: Twin sister

Stats:

STR: B
    END: B
    SPD: B
    DEX: C
    INT: C
    PER: C

Spoiler:
    From now onwards, I’ll start writing the updates from the “you” perspective. You can now issue commands for all three characters here, just put “Ayaka:” or “Eri:” or “Tatsu:” in front of the commands from now onwards.
    Last edited by RacingeR; May 24th, 2014 at 10:01 PM.

quotes

Blog Entries
    Ayaka: Question Tatsu then Eri about their rooms. Maybe the rooms had minor differences from each other. Also blush while looking at Eri.

Eri: Be dense about the blushing.

Tatsu: Suggest we immediately leave the hallway and be suspicious of Ayaka.

Blog Entries
    Pool our collective inventories, see what our new party members have.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    dumb people always have shit opinions about eva, its like some kind of more reliable iq test
    [20:47:33] I3uster: in 2015 a crack memer was sent to skype prison by a court of his Peers for a crime he didnt commit. he promptly escaped from his Maximum security Forum into the twitter Underground. Today, still wanted by the skype Group he survives as memer of fortune. If you Need a shitpost, if nobody else can fuck up a thread, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire: June.

20.06.2014 Never forget