Page 67 of 78 FirstFirst ... 17576265666768697277 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 1554

Thread: Discuss Dragon Ball in here

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Hmmm... I suppose that makes sense, Mac. But Kid Buu should actually be stronger than Super Boo at base level (that is, before absorbing Gotenks and Gohan), based on Goku and Vegeta noting Boo's chi kept increasing when returning to his original form.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Nu-Broly is basically Dragonball-Asterios and I'm more than onay with that.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Sounds about right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Finally watched the Broly movie, and it's English dubbed.
    I say this is the best anime movie that originated from TV anime these past five years, including HF movie 1.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Hmmm... I suppose that makes sense, Mac. But Kid Buu should actually be stronger than Super Boo at base level (that is, before absorbing Gotenks and Gohan), based on Goku and Vegeta noting Boo's chi kept increasing when returning to his original form.
    This is going to get convoluted.

Kid Buu actually absorbed two Kais. There was a buff one, and the fat happy one. First, he absorbed the buff strong one (South Kaioshin). That made him into the muscular Buff Buu. Then he absorbed the fat kai (Dai Kaioshin) that calmed him down and made him the fat lazy Fat Buu we know.

So when the Kai's both got removed, (encapsulated in Mr. Buu), Buu briefly reverted to his Buff form as he tried to hold onto his previous self that was slipping away, before going all the way back to Kid Buu.

But that means Buff Buu > Super Buu. Super Buu is just Buff Buu with the Dai Kaioshin's influence added. But without them, you just have Kid Buu, who was dangerous because he was always going at 100% pedal to the metal, not because he had more power.

Buff Buu (Kid Buu + South Kaioshin) > Super Buu (Kid Buu + Both Kais with Kid Buu's influence in charge) > Fat Buu (Kid Buu + Both Kais with the Dai Kaioshin's influence in charge) > Kid Buu
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Yamcha hasn't fought in over 20-30 years, and Videl is also a prodigy by human standards.
    It hasn't even been 10 years since the Cell Saga, and there's no indication that he's stopped fighting. And if Krillin, who did stop fighting, is anything to go by, you don't really lose much power from not fighting unless you're Gohan and forget how to transform.

Also, prodigy by human standards gets you weaker than pre-Super Master Roshi. And his power level was only 180 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    Super Buu: 8,000,000 (was around Gotenks SSJ3 level)
    I'd disagree here. They made it rather clear he was only toying with them.

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Doubt it. One thing which is a constant in the DB setting is that the quality of the training matters just as much as the fighter's talent. Even if Videl were the most talented human being in existence, without the benefit of Kami's, Popo's and / or King Kai's training, for starters, she almost certainly wouldn't be a proper Z fighter.
    Until Super, I'd agree. However, in Super apparently you can reach SSJB level by fighting normal ass poachers (and according to the manga, Cell Jrs). Let's not forget whatever BS training Tien and Roshi did to suddenly be at least SSJ2 levels of power.

Quote Originally Posted by Megas View Post
    Yeah I think Goku said right before fighting kid buu that he could have beaten fat buu, but wanted to give the kids a shot since he was dead
    His subsequent ass kicking at the hands of Kid Buu would seem to indicate otherwise. Kid Buu, who is weaker than Fat Buu (Kid Buu = Fat Buu - Mr Buu) by an unknown but not insignificant amount, kicked him around quite easily. And after I typed this, I see mAc Chaos already said it.

Buff Buu (Kid Buu + South Kaioshin) > Super Buu (Kid Buu + Both Kais with Kid Buu's influence in charge) > Fat Buu (Kid Buu + Both Kais with the Dai Kaioshin's influence in charge) > Kid Buu
    I'd still say Super Buu is the strongest potential form, but he just never goes all out (except potentially against Vegito). If he does go all out against Vegito, that line about him getting "stronger" as he loses power could just be Goku/Vegeta not remembering how much power he showed against Vegito.

But that means Buff Buu > Super Buu. Super Buu is just Buff Buu with the Dai Kaioshin's influence added. But without them, you just have Kid Buu, who was dangerous because he was always going at 100% pedal to the metal, not because he had more power.
    I'd actually agree with that, if not for Goku and Vegeta specifically noting Super Boo's chi was increasing while he was reverting to his original form. The events seem to bear that out - Kid Boo basically threw Fat Boo around like a ragdoll, for instance, and considering Fat Boo was fighting to defend Satan*, he was certainly going all-out.

* Now THERE's a wonderful line when taken out of context.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Of course, JoJo is still the champion of such statements.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Quote Originally Posted by GDB View Post
    His subsequent ass kicking at the hands of Kid Buu would seem to indicate otherwise. Kid Buu, who is weaker than Fat Buu (Kid Buu = Fat Buu - Mr Buu) by an unknown but not insignificant amount, kicked him around quite easily. And after I typed this, I see mAc Chaos already said it.

Tbf one of the big reasons for that was goku not realizing that ssj3 took a much bigger strain on his living body that he didn't have to worry about when using it with his dead body. Like the ki kept leaking or whatever, he tried to power up but his power kept decreasing. I think it's still possible that hypothetically dead ssj3 goku > fat buu > kid buu > living ssj3 goku
    <Satehi> I, satehi, thought of tentacles first for entirely inappropriate, disgusting, lewd and perverted reasons

Honk

Considering the beating Kid Boo gives to Fat Boo, I reiterate that Kid Boo is stronger.

JP Friend Code
    500595933 | 紅 (pm)
    But that Fat Buu could be weaker than Fat Buu pre splitting to Evil Buu

power levels are confusing
    Chaldea Heroes

Personal skill
    Quote Originally Posted by GundamFSN View Post
    Nikiri has what I dub Blessings of the Boobs, see. As long as what his rolling for has two conspicuous mountains, they'll come to him one way or another.
    Quote Originally Posted by GundamFSN View Post
    Well, fine. Nikiri has this thing called 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikiri View Post
    GundamFSN. Thank you.

Just before rolling I said 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」

First ticket. Da Vinci-chan NP2.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    It’s not the same Fat Buu. The Fat Buu we first meet has both Kid Buu and the separated Fat Buu’s power; they were one being. The Fat Buu see at the end is just a shadow of his former self, just being a bag to hold the two Kai’s powers.

The latter is called Mr. Buu to distinguish them.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Hmmm... I suppose that makes sense. How do we account for Goku and Vegeta noting Kid Boo's energy was higher than that of Super Boo's at base level, though?

Took another look, Goku goes wait Vegeta, isn't he gaining chi as super buu transforms into muscle buu, but then muscle buu transforms into kid buu and both goku and vegeta are relieved. 'Oh is that all he has now, we can totally take him.'

Of course, they then immediately go 'oh shit' when kid buu proceeds to blow up the earth.

Spoiler:

So basically I think it goes like this.

Kid Buu is pretty powerful and chaotic -> absorbs south kai -> becomes muscle buu who is more powerful but less chaotic -> absorbs grand kai -> becomes fat buu who is potentially more powerful but also way more restrained.
    <Satehi> I, satehi, thought of tentacles first for entirely inappropriate, disgusting, lewd and perverted reasons

Honk

Huh, so Patrick Seitz is NA Jiren's voice.

Didn't see it coming but it kinda fits.

I still can't stop imagining him wearing Ragna's get up now though.

Come visit Mobius Space where
    quite rarely
    translators gather
    and post Type-Moon stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Megas View Post
    I thought Goku could have beaten kid buu by going all out from the start but he sandbagged to give Vegeta a shot or something
    Sort of. Vegeta thought Goku was holding back so as to not hurt his pride, but Goku tells him he was trying to go all-out from the beginning, while Boo was just messing around. Then we get the scene where Goku tries to gather his power, but can't because of SS3's energy drain.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tangerang View Post
    Of course, they then immediately go 'oh shit' when kid buu proceeds to blow up the earth.
    Yeah. When they actually fight Boo, too.

I think dead ssj 3 goku was stronger than kid buu but as mentioned using ssj 3 with a living body was too straining to draw out enough power.

Or ssj 3 goku (dead body) > kid buu > ssj3 goku (living body)

Honk

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Dragon Ball FighterZ DLC character Goku (GT) announced
    Last edited by Laserman; March 18th, 2019 at 07:04 PM.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    No, no more Goku plz.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)