Thread: Request: Tapatalk

Request: Tapatalk

I'd like to request you add tapatalk support to the forum.

It's an app for smartphones that makes browsing forums a nicer experience than using a web browser. Have been using it at most of my favourite forums and it works well.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Not sure if spam.

Blog Entries
    ....pretty sure spam.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I looked it up.

From what people say, seems like the app costs three dollars and if you don't get it, you get popups about it when you view a forum that has it installed.

Always pretty suspicious when a guy's only two posts seem to be pushing for some sort of marketed thing, lol.

Sounds like it might be a live person rather than a bot, though.

Blog Entries
    They see me bottin'

They hatin'
    Arthur-san is my waifu
    [20:57] frantic: I can't even remember what opinions I actually hold about the thing compared to shit I made up to piss people off
    [17:13] Airen: Its not an airen character unless gay

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jase View Post
    Sounds like it might be a live person rather than a bot, though.
    It does, though I'm not certain that disproves the spam theory, especially given what kota said about forcing pop ups on you.
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Incidentally, I did look at VBulletin Mobile a while back -- but while forumites don't have to pay anything to download the application, the suite itself costs $199 first year + $99 yearly after that. ...Yeah.

Might want to look into something like this smartphone style though. Apparently there's an option in 4.1.x to have a different default style when smartphones and whatnot are detected, so that could be pretty nifty.

Blog Entries
    Speaking as someone who BLs almost exclusively on his phone......screw that?

Hey, it's just another option. Can't really see the screenshot so I can't say much, but people seem to like it.

And really, if it was decent enough I don't see what the problem would be with setting it to the default mobile skin. Quite a few people prefer Default to Black Beast of Chaos, but it's just as easy to switch skins off of Mobile as it is to Default, and should be just as permanent.

EDIT: ...Or maybe you were talking about the VB Mobile cost. Yeah, ok, I'll agree with you on that one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DalaiDan View Post
    Just an average type-moon fan. (a cat is fine too, senpai isn't senpai without her glasses, this chair, blah blah). If a spammer researches stupid in-jokes to spam, then wow that is dedication.
    What are Archer's most famous words when he tries to kill Shirou at Ryuudou Temple during UBW?
    Arthur-san is my waifu
    [20:57] frantic: I can't even remember what opinions I actually hold about the thing compared to shit I made up to piss people off

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, be fair to the guy, this might be blatant advertising but at least he knows his stuff....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Well, be fair to the guy, this might be blatant advertising but at least he knows his stuff....
    True, true, those inner jokes are not THAT obscure though. Even I knew of them before really learning about Nasuverse.
    Arthur-san is my waifu

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, at least he's not just a spambot....

Blog Entries
    Alrighty then.
    Arthur-san is my waifu

Blog Entries
    According to kota it has a cost and pop ups to those who don't buy it though? That seems like something of a major draw back to me

I know what you've been doing, nii-san. Dark Pulse's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'll consider talking to the other admins about it, but I'm really on the fence on this one. I admittedly don't have a smartphone (Hell, I hate using phones in general) so I'll see what they say.

After that, though, it'd probably come down to forum vote. If these things cost money, and the community wants it badly enough, they're going to have to pony up to pay for it.
    "Get lost. You wouldn't recognize a goddamn vampire if one jumped up and bit you on the end of your fucking dick."

Of Leaves and Lilac - Two weeks in the life of Tohno Akiha.
    Returning real soon-like!

Old Quote Crap!

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    99% of all Terminators would destroy John Connor over any other carbon-based life form.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadBuster
    Why do you think we got all these mods? So I can sit back and do jack shit, obviously!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    I propose more forumite-based words. Like Darpleosity (adj. a state of existence signified to calmly analyzing and making an argument/case in a way that defuses tensions and makes the participants in said argument look like twats for continuing on with antagonizing and/or being stubborn for the sake of being stubborn while also using good-natured humor to enhance said post).
    Quote Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
    Having been, as I3uster put it, "other clueless dude" earlier today in precisely this fashion, I'm going to have to be in favor of necromancy. Or be a hypocrite. But as a lawyer, I prefer to get paid when I indulge in hypocrisy, thank you, so I'll stick with necromancy.

[14:06] [Cruor] petri is it possible to play Phoenix III/Steppewolf without it crashing
    [14:08] [Kelnish] no
    [14:08] [Kelnish] it isn't
    [14:09] [Cruor] how can there be so many bugs
    [14:09] [Cruor] in one mod
    [14:10] [Dark_Pulse] Because quality assurance doesn't exist anymore
    [14:10] [Dark_Pulse] Unless it's Quality Ass, U Rance
    [14:10] [Daiki] ...
    [14:10] [I3uster] oh god dp was funny
    [14:10] [I3uster] apocalypse confirmed
    [14:10] [Wakame] the horror

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, provided it's not going to inconvenience people who don't have it, I don't see any problem with supporting it (provided it's free or people are willing to pay). However, I would only agree with such an idea on the proviso that the pop-up thing can be disabled, because otherwise the benefit gained from supporting it for the small minority who might actually use it is massively outweighed by the annoyance it would cause to those of us who don't (and, no "it will only do it once" is not acceptable to me, especially not since it relies on cookies, which can easily be deleted).