Page 1 of 24 123611 ... LastLast

Thread: Clearing!! - OOC

Blog Entries

Clearing!! - OOC

=CLEARING!!=
    Youth's Ongoing Laden Odyssey

---

In the year 2074 A.D., mankind was faced with a new threat in the form of creatures now known as Spawn. These monsters, seemingly having come out of nowhere, appeared on the Earth suddenly and without warning- quickly causing widespread destruction and chaos throughout the land. Not only possessing otherworldly physiology and abilities, these creatures, wielding a power which can only be described as "magic", easily toppled the majority of the world's military might- leaving only ruins in their wake. With the strength of their guns and tanks having failed them time and time again, the governments around the world would eventually end up resorting to their final option... Gathering the Spawn in specially designated zones through a series of large-scale operations, a number of nuclear warheads were fired across the globe, consuming the enigmatic scourge in a plume of hellfire. And though the destruction caused by these operations was great, leaving entire areas of land uninhabitable, for a time, the human race could once again live in peace.

With the Spawn wiped from the face of the Earth, mankind entered a new age of prosperity and development. Having learned from their vulnerability against the otherworldly menace, engineers and scientists around the world began experimenting with new forms of energy and technologies. Ultimately culminating in the development of new genomes, weaponry, and (above all else) the replication of the magic- a new source of clean, replenishable energy. All seemed to be going right... Until that fateful day, December 24, 2092, when the dreaded Spawn returned.

That's where you come in. As one of the people who will pave the path to mankind's future, you not only possess the ability to match the Spawn, but defeat them as well! Armed with your magics, skills, and abilities, it is your duty to once again rid this world of the evolved monstrosities that plague its surface and retake that which is rightfully ours!

As the founder of this fine establishment, and your principal, I will see to it that you receive the training you need.

Premise
    Alright, I'll keep this brief. This here RP is called Clearing and it's going to be an action oriented roleplay (in case you were wondering). As for what it's about, it's basically going to involve monster hunting with a variety of anime-esque antics and situations. "Shonen" will also be encouraged. Or Seinen, depending on how grown-up you are (I guess). But yes, above all else, expect power levels to be up there. As an individual, you're likely to be responsible for taking out dozens of enemies at a time before getting to the boss fight. If you can deal with all that, then you're good to go. Clear the field of enemies and forge the path you seek.

Character Creation
    Title says it all. This section will inform you about the important stuff you need to know for character creation. Simple enough, right? We're all big boys and gals so there's really no need in my going on about all this. But because I feel like this section heading needs some kind of content, I writing all of this anyway. Whimsy, man.

Stats
    To begin with, each player will be given 400 points to distribute amongst their stats as they please. These stats are each given a rank, ranging from F to S, and your character's performing in and out of battle will be determined based upon them. Initially, any given stat field is ranked F; however, as you invest points, this increases. At 20 points of investment, you can move up to E rank. 40 points grants you D rank. 60 is C rank, and so on. Ultimately, your maximum possible investment, at S rank, is 120. And for those of you who would like to see it spelled out, using STR as the "illustration" stat...

F = 10 (Average Human Tier): You're strongest when playing video games!
    E = 20 (Trained Human Tier): You've actually picked up a ball and know what outside looks like.
    D = 40 (Peak Human Tier): Your muscles bring all the girls to the yard.
    C = 60 (Super Human Tier): The strength of 1000 squirrels! You can push a car, easy.
    B = 80 (Good Ass Steroids Tier): Pleabs don't know you bench trucks.
    A = 100 (You’re A Cyborg Tier): Good for chucking UGs a couple dozen feet.
    S = 120 (You Don’t Wanna Be Human, Just Saiyan Tier): Casually crushing foothills, one step at a time.

Now that you understand that, here's a complete list of the stats you will be using.

Strength (STR): Determines your physical power and generally how hard you hit. In layman’s terms, this tells everyone how good your fists are. Increases manliness.
    Endurance (END): The physical constitution of your body as well as your ability to resist conditions like exhaustion, broken bones, and stuff. This is the “I wanna be a tank” stat.
    Magic (MAG): This value conveys the potency of your magical ability as well as your proficiency. Stuff like Ki and stuff fall into this category too. All good shonen needs a beam or two.
    Resistance (RES): This stat communicates the degree to which you can resist supernatural forces and ailments. Actually kind of important. Because any badass worth his salt needs to tank an explosion.
    Agility (AGI): How fast you’re able to move about the field. Plays a key part in determining the accuracy of close-ranged attacks. Max out for Sonic speeds (not really)!
    Precision (PRS): How good you are at aiming. Plays a key part in determining the accuracy of ranged attacks as well as their general range. AoE accuracy sold separately.
    Evasion (EVA): Determines how good you are at predicting and dodging attacks. Investing in this may require you to say muda da.
    Guard (GRD): Determines your ability to defend yourself from attacks and mitigate the amount of damage you take. ‘Cus sometimes you just gotta try hard.

Character Types
    Humans: You know them, you love them. Soft and squishy humes~ Earth's most populous and well known inhabitants, humans adapt fairly well to their environments and situations. I mean... what with all the things that have happened, they have to. Right? Anyway, they don't really specialize in anything beyond that. Still stubborn though!

Beastkin: They come in all shapes and sizes, but they're basically humans with animal ears and/or tails. No one really knows where they came from... They just kinda started popping up and people eventually got over it. Some say they're mutants, others say they're transformed animals, few people really care. They have enhanced senses and instincts, often preferring physical combat over magical. Popular with otaku and furries worldwide.

Elves: Genetically modified humans! That's pretty much all you need to know. This is a manmade race with a purpose of providing people who can better handle magic and stuff. So, naturally, they're sensitive to stuff like that. Pointy ears aren't always a thing.

Erdgiest: Also referred to as Earth Spirits, the erdgeists are a race of individuals who origins seemingly stem from the planet itself. Due to this, many often liken they're existence to that of the Spawn menace, otherwise calling them demons. They're naturally competent physically and magically, but, unfortunately, they been cursed with frail bodies.

Additionally, if you have an idea for a different kind of race or simply want to be something else, run it by me and I'll see what I can do.

Perks & Skills
    We all know what these are. These little things here are what make your character who they are. I was going to make a nice, long list of different perks you can choose from, but then decided that would be too much effort given the concept of this RP's creation. So... That being said-! You all will be allowed to make up to three perks for your character in order to mold them into something you're happy with. Try not to go overboard.

From there, you'll move on to creating your character's skills, attacks, and spells. That in itself is easy enough to understand, but, there's a special little twist to this. While you're free to make up to seven of these little abilities at character creation, you'll only be able to utilize up to four of them in any given battle/mission (due to world related stuff I'll answer later or when asked). So, while I'm sure covering all the essentials and stuff is tempting, I advise you to consider this particular aspect of the system and consider your skills wisely. When your sheet is sent in, I'll give them costs, cool downs, charge times, conditions and stuff.

Also, to avoid confusion later, abilities such as general fire manipulation would have to be tooled into a perk. However, something simple and more specific (like a fireball) would be a skill.

Spirits
    Because what kind of shonen RP would it be without something there to potentially break the system?

Listed below is a number of available Spirits to pick from. Each player can pick up to 6 of these for their character to have and use. The cost of each Spirit will be determined by what exactly it does and the proposed character's level of minmax. I'm looking at you, I3uster.

Offensive Spirits:

· Battle Cry: Causes the user’s next attack to be a guaranteed Critical Hit. Does not stack with the effects of Hot Blood and Soul. Has a duration of one turn and will only work on the first attack initiated in said turn. (Note: The attack this spirit is used on can still miss.)
    · Fierce Fight: Causes all allies’ attacks to deal 150% damage. Has a duration of one turn.
    · Fighting Spirit: Causes all of the user’s attacks to become guaranteed critical hits. Can only be used when fighting alongside an ally of mutual trust. Duration of one turn.
    · Risk Life: Causes the user’s next attack to deal 300% normal damage and makes it a guaranteed critical hit. However, the user cannot block or dodge any attacks for the remainder of the turn and damage received is increased to 150%.
    · Hot Blood: Causes the user’s next attack to deal 200% extra damage.
    · Soul: Causes the user’s next attack to deal 250% extra damage.

Defensive Spirits:

· Iron Wall: All damage taken is reduced by 75%. Has a duration of 1 turn.
    · Invincible: The next successful attack against the user will do no more than 10 damage.
    · Invisible: The user cannot be attacked or counterattacked. Duration of 1 turn.
    · Substitute: The user targets one ally with this command. If any enemies attack the ally, all damage is diverted to the user instead and the user may follow up with an appropriate counter. Damage received by the user cannot be avoided in any way.

Accuracy/Evasion Spirits:

· Alert: The next attack that would normally hit the user is automatically dodged.
    · Attune: Provides a single ally with the effects of the Strike spirit, allowing for 100% attack accuracy (under normal conditions) for the remainder of the turn.
    · Disturbance: Lowers the attack accuracy of nearby enemy units by 50%. Negated by the Strike spirit command. Has a duration of 1 turn.
    · Focus: The user gains a 30% bonus to both accuracy and evasion for the remainder of the turn.
    · Sense: Provides the user with the bonuses of both the Strike and Alert spirits.
    · Strike: The user’s next attack has a 100% chance of hitting the opponent, ignoring evasion rates and certain enemy abilities.

Will Spirits:

· Daunt: Decreases a single enemy’s will by 10 points.
    · Drive: Increases the user’s will by 30 points.
    · Great Rouse: Increases the will of all allies by 15 points. Can only be used when working alongside people of mutual trust.
    · Inspiration: Increases the will of nearby allies by 5 points.
    · Rouse: Increases the will of nearby allies by 10 points.
    · Shudder: Decreases the will of nearby enemies by 5 points.
    · Spirit: Increases the will of the user by 10 points.

Healing Spirits:

· Belief: The user will be unaffected by status ailments for the duration of the turn.
    · Bonds: Temporarily grants all allies’ a 50% health bonus. Can only be used be used when working alongside those of mutual trust and can only be used when health is below 30%. Has a duration of two rounds.
    · Devotion: Restores the SP of nearby allies by 10 points.
    · Faith: Completely restores the HP of a single ally. Can only affect an ally of mutual trust.
    · Guts: Temporarily grants a 100% health bonus to the user. Duration of two rounds.
    · Hope: Restores the SP of a single ally by 50 points. Can only affect an ally of mutual trust.
    · Prayer: Removes magical status ailments from a single ally.
    · Renew: Replenishes a single ally’s MP by 75%.
    · Revival: Recovers a single ally from K.O. status and restore 25% of their health.
    · Trust: Restores 500 HP to a single ally. Will only affect someone of mutual trust.
    · Vigor: Restores the user’s HP by 30% of its maximum.

Miscellaneous Spirits:

· Accelerate: Increases AGI by 1 Rank for the remainder of the round.
    · Assail: During this turn, the user can use any attack (so long as the requirements have been met) regardless of charge/cooldown times.
    · Bless: Doubles the amount of Soul obtained by one ally during their next attack. Note that the enemy targeted by said ally must be defeated by their next attack in order for this spirit to take effect. Duration of one round.
    · Cheer: Doubles the amount of experience gained by an ally during this round. Particularly useful when defeating powerful opponents. Does not stack with Gain.
    · Coercion: Prevents a single enemy from supporting another in attack or defense. Duration of one turn.
    · Continuous Attack: When the user successfully defeats an enemy with their next attack, they are allowed to act again during this round. This effect is not counted as an extra turn, but an extension of their turn.
    · Enable: Gives one ally an extra turn during this round.
    · Fury: The user’s next attack ignores most special defenses in addition to defensive support from nearby allies. Countered by the Substitute spirit. Only takes effect for one attack.
    · Gain: Doubles the amount of experience gained by the user during this round. Particularly useful when defeating powerful opponents. Does not stack with Cheer.
    · Mercy: If the user’s next attack would normally destroy the enemy it hits, the enemy’s HP is reduced to 10 instead. Useful for carrying out “peaceful” negotiations.
    · Scan: Allows the user to obtain some insight on the target’s stats and abilities without having to attack them first. In addition, for the remainder of the round, when attacking that enemy, their evasion is reduced by 10 points.
    · Sacrifice: After the next attack, the user’s HP will be reduced to 0 and they will automatically be KOed. In exchange, during this turn, offensive actions have their damage output increased by an amount equal to that of the user’s remaining HP. Likewise, restorative actions used on allies have their effectiveness increased by an amount equal to the user’s remaining HP. This effect cannot be reduced in any way.
    · Snipe: Increases Precision by 10 points. Has a duration of one round.
    · Synchronize: The user selects their two lowest stats. For the remainder of the round, those stats are made equal to the corresponding stats of a nearby ally. Can only be used on an ally of mutual trust.
    · Taunt: Forces one enemy to target the user specifically for an attack.
    · Zeal: The user gains an additional turn during this round.
    · Dream: Once per battle, the user is allowed to select a Spirit possessed by an ally and replace this action with it. However, the replicated Spirit bears double the cost.
    Last edited by Sei; May 30th, 2014 at 03:46 PM.
    "I promise nothing." - Sei "Kanra" Slayers
    Resident Sadist. Enjoys stepping and sitting on people.
    Avid lover of butts and anime.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Dranes's Avatar
    Well then, time to look into this.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Get me.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

In.
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

US Friend Code
    I'm game this looks fun and cool~!
    PaD NA ID: GameManDan (318,600,328)Rank: 530Main: Savior Lightning, Shirou, and whatever flavor of the monthWorking: plus farming for days

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm in.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Might sign up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well then, lets get cracking.

Blog Entries
    This sounds pretty cool, I'm in if you'll have me
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    dumb people always have shit opinions about eva, its like some kind of more reliable iq test
    [20:47:33] I3uster: in 2015 a crack memer was sent to skype prison by a court of his Peers for a crime he didnt commit. he promptly escaped from his Maximum security Forum into the twitter Underground. Today, still wanted by the skype Group he survives as memer of fortune. If you Need a shitpost, if nobody else can fuck up a thread, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire: June.

20.06.2014 Never forget

Blog Entries
    The strength of 1k squirrels. Glorious, Sei, glorious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So is this like PvP or PvE? I'm not sure how else to describe it. Also, what's the player cap?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    So is this like PvP or PvE? I'm not sure how else to describe it. Also, what's the player cap?
    Pretty sure it's PvE
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    dumb people always have shit opinions about eva, its like some kind of more reliable iq test
    [20:47:33] I3uster: in 2015 a crack memer was sent to skype prison by a court of his Peers for a crime he didnt commit. he promptly escaped from his Maximum security Forum into the twitter Underground. Today, still wanted by the skype Group he survives as memer of fortune. If you Need a shitpost, if nobody else can fuck up a thread, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire: June.

20.06.2014 Never forget

Never done one of these before, do you have to be a good writer or something?

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Not really.

But a frequent one would be preferred, hue.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Player versus everything. Bonds, rebellion, cooperation, and ADVENTURE.

Also, haven't decided on a player cap. Trying to get this to where it can be player sustained if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMegas View Post
    Never done one of these before, do you have to be a good writer or something?
    Nope. If we can understand you, it should be good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Sei View Post
    Nope. If we can understand you, it should be good enough.
    Sweet, I'm interested then.

Blog Entries
    bloop imma go in

derp gonna bite

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by llednaroth View Post
    derp gonna bite
    What is it with you and biting/devouring things <.<

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Blog Entries
    Because I'm getting a couple of questions about it, the character type thing is basically character races. Out of stuff planned, we've obviously got humans... But we've also got things like beastkin, elves (*cough*newtypes*cough*)... If you wanna be something like a household cat, that's fine too...