Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456914 ... LastLast

Thread: Sheet Graveyard

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Caster's Avatar
    I3uster... those spell card names... why?

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    deep and engaging character establishment
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Blog Entries
    Ayaka was able to use plant tentacles before the nerf hammer. I am not joking.

Blog Entries
    Moon White Master sheet

Alchemist
    · Those who value the mastery of mind over matter. Alchemists can fall into one of two categories. Those who are traditional and swear to the teachings of the Prague magi, or those who come from the deserts to the south, from Giant’s Pit. While the traditional alchemists are more like magi in their ways, the alchemists of Atlas have mastered the technique Mind-Partition, making them more like walking supercomputers than actual magi. Whether through magecraft or through brainpower, you still make a veritable candidate as a Master.
    Origin Boost: ABI +1
    Reputation Boost: Atlas +1, Church +1
    Abilities Available: Magecraft, Mind-Partition

Name: Joseph Arans

Origin

“Lift not the seal of Atlas, lest ye destroy the world seven times over.”

“They say it can’t be done... but what if there was another way?”

When a Mystery is spread, its power decreases. This is common knowledge to all members of the Association, and many others besides. It is also common knowledge that the goal of the Atlas organization is to prevent the destruction of the world that their head from so long ago had foreseen. Joseph Arans was an alchemist who foolishly and strangely decided that those two seemingly unrelated things were more useful together than apart, and embarked on a project that would earn him some very, very strange regards.

Keeping his real intentions a secret, the alchemist began to research various spells with the excuse of compiling a grand archive, or a Compendium, for Atlas to hold and therefore know what to respond too if the situation arose. He theorized that if he could include the abilities of mages from around the world, alchemists could know how to expand their repertoire of spells, and in addition learn how to act against them with their numerous Conceptual Weapons. It isn’t so much that he was granted full permission to amass these records, but rather that the current Atlasia decided that it was ‘a fool’s endeavor’, and left him to his own devices.

The common perception was that the alchemist was too young and inexperienced to get somewhere with it, and thus Joseph was somewhat left to his own devices. However, the young alchemist pursued his studies with an unusual intensity, lit with some kind of inner flame as he devoured the texts that he was allowed to read, taking knowledge of the strengths and weaknesses of many kinds of magecraft, or, really, making educated guesses.

Joseph managed to achieve four partitions after a fairly short period of time, but his growth seemed to peter out there, and little note was made of him until he shifted his focus to Conceptual Weapons, trying to make up for his deficiency in Memory Partition by compensating with the weapons of Atlas. Indeed, thanks to his extensive knowledge of the supernatural, making specific weapons came easily to him, and he managed to actually climb through the ranks of Atlas to some extent, his wild-eyed fanaticism about the organization’s mission slowing down as he grew older.

Through continued study he was able to reach five partitions, and managed to develop a weapon that was sealed by Atlas, a mark of somewhat dubious respect. After that, there wasn’t much to say, and Joseph’s only notes of prominence were his clashes with rogue magi, the alchemist actively pursuing strange magecraft in order to fill the pages of his Compendium.

It came as a surprise to him, but when the Giant’s Pit needed someone to send, Joseph was loaned to the Church by the degree of one of the seven contracts of Atlas in order to aid an executor in defeating the dangerous Dead Apostle Ancestor, Alexandria Cu-Aurus. He was dispatched to Ireland because of his encyclopedic knowledge of both magecraft and vampiric abilities – it was theorized that he would be the best choice to aid Executor Gullivan in destroying the corrupting influence that the vampire had spread over the land after the events at Aylesbury.

By working in close conjunction with Gullivan, Joseph was able to build a record that reflected the Ancestor’s observed abilities as accurately as possible, and the two got to work, tracking the Dead Apostle as it led them throughout the Emerald Isle. Before long, they were able to confront Alexandria in his lair, and engaged him in battle. Muire fought at the frontlines while Joseph supported him, his Anti-Vampire Conceptual Weapon tearing through the ranks of the Dead with focused sunlight while Memory Partition allowed him to assist the executor.

However, when he tried to distract it from attacking Gullivan, the Dead Apostle shattered Joseph’s weapon through its particular powers, grievously wounding the alchemist in the process. Even so, he was able to capitalize on the moment by striking the Apostle with the original prototype of the “Cat’s Cradle” weapon, rendering the vampire momentarily vulnerable, and Muire capitalized on that in an instant. The executor was able to deal a near-fatal blow to the vampire, forcing the Dead Apostle Ancestor to flee or be destroyed. Though it was grievous wound, Joseph was still alive afterwards, and once the vampire had fled Muire brought him to a specialized, Church-run clinic in order to be healed.

Thankfully, a shaken Joseph made a more-or-less full recovery, though his weapons did not survive the fight. The magus killer parted ways with the executor several days later, and returned to Atlas. Once he was there, it was not even two months later that he would return to Ireland, this time on the trail of an elusive immortal only known as Cartaphilus, like the Wandering Jew of lore. Once he managed to track down Cartaphilus, however, the alchemist was easily overwhelmed and almost killed yet again.

The powerful magus ripped out his left eye through an ancient spell, planting a deep mental spike inside of Joseph’s head that wouldn’t fully heal until several years later. Managing to survive through sheer luck, the alchemist was eventually returned to Atlas, although his ability to use Memory Partition would remain impeded for some time.

The encounter with Cartaphilus, the experience that had led to the magus implanting a small portion of himself into the alchemist’s mind, left lingering effects on Joseph. He would be unable to have a good night’s rest after the second events of Ireland, slipping almost unconsciously into a world between truth and fiction, his memory preserving all of the experiences that he found in the realm of the Dream King. Sometimes he would see places he never had known, people he would never meet – and sometimes, for the briefest of instances, he would see Cartaphilus on the immortal’s unending journey, and was possessed by a sudden fear.

Joseph threw himself into the amassing of his Compendium when he returned to Atlas, wanting to know exactly what he was facing if he clashed paths with a monster like Cartaphilus again. In fact, the encounter with the immortal and the partnership with Gullivan brought a change to the previously reserved alchemist.

For the next five years, Joseph traveled around the world to pursue his own research, actively seeking out new spells to observe, analyze, and record in order to add it to his rapidly-growing archives. Every three months he would send the records back to Atlas, where they were compiled in the file the Giant’s Pit held for him. His growth rate began to accelerate once his mind had healed, the exposure to different walks of life beginning to change him in ways that he never would have tried if he had stayed within Atlas headquarters. Joseph began to smoke, let his hair grow long, and finally, after three years time, achieved the seventh level of Memory Partition. His dreams were still plagued by many things, but as he eventually encountered some of the things he saw in the twilight realm, he was forced to acknowledge that Cartaphilus had left more of a lasting impression then Joseph desired.

During his travels, the alchemist encountered many mages from all over the world, some hostile, some not. He managed to defeat enough of them that the Association labeled him as a true Magus Killer, and grew somewhat famous in his own way. Still sending his reports back to Atlas, the alchemist traveled over land and sea, ending up in the Galapagos islands a month and a half before the events of the Holy Grail War.

Joseph had grown older in the five years since Ireland, and was drafting his newest addition to the Compendium by candlelight in his cabin when his left wrist began to burn. Frantically searching for the spell that was assaulting him, the alchemist stopped when he saw what had been branded on his body. He had studied enough to figure out what it was right away, and when a missive forwarded from Atlas made it to his desk several days later, he was not surprised.

The Mocking Grail had called, and Joseph Arans had no choice but to answer. Cutting his trip short, the alchemist took a short plane to the nearest airport, and from there, embarked on the long and cold voyage to Tengetsu.

tl:dr An alchemist who started off small with an unnaturally good memory, consumed knowledge, got drafted by the seven contracts because he knew a lot of useful things and was somewhat expendable, fought off an apostle, survived, got changed by the experience and kind of became Indiana Jones but with magecraft instead of treasures. He could teach the theory of magecraft but can't really use it himself.

Stats

STR (3) – C
    END (3) – C
    AGI (4) – B
    ABI (5) – A
    PRA (1) – E

Prana Units – 100 Units

Perks

· Eidetic Memory
    Cost: 20 AP
    - You will never forget. Whatever you see, that will stay in your memory as a clear picture. All the nuances, all the shades, everything will be forever burned into your memory, in good and in bad. You will have a perfect memory, but you will suffer the pros and cons of it. All Clues are displayed to you in a different color, marking out what’s important.

· Unlikely Allies
    - Alchemist Origin only. You have been on many missions for your faction, but that is not all. In fact, in the past, you once allied yourself with the Holy Church as you were “loaned” to them by the degree of one of the seven contracts. During this time, you were able to earn the trust of your new allies, and were thus granted a conceptual weapon from their treasury. You are able to take a Tier 2 conceptual armament. In addition, you will gain +1 to Church Reputation.

· Magus Killer
    - You are an accomplished fighter when it comes to fighting against Magi. If you manage to observe a magus utilizing their magecraft, you can research it during the next Day Phase, revealing its secrets in full. If your character has an anti-magus-type conceptual weapon [Third Eye], its AP cost is halved. However, your identity is well-known by magi, and so are your most famous ways of fighting.

· Glass Grass Traveller
    Cost: 25 AP
    - Thanks to your training in your line of supernatural methods, you have become proficient in the act of dream-walking. Although not perfect and is, indeed, fallible, it allows you to take a stroll down the spiritual side of dreams and reach the slumber of those you have met before. While there is no guarantee that this technique will work (as the person might be awake, shielded against dream scrying, or you might simply botch it), when it succeeds, it allows you to traverse others people’s dreams in other to gleam precious information from them. Or, perhaps, you might just get stuck in the middle of something… weird.

Memory Partition

Rank 7 (15 AP)

Rank 2 considerably lowers the chance of surprise attacks against the alchemist, and allows the occasional Clue to present itself in a way the alchemist will realize its importance. Rank 3 allows more effective use of any weaponry, making them deal moderate damage even if the rank is the same as enemy’s END. Ranged weapons will also hit the target even if enemy’s AGI is one rank higher.

Rank 4 allows faster reaction time, making the user move first even against AGI of same rank. Rank 5 allows analyzing of any threats that approach the alchemist, and reacting to them accordingly, thus making all same-rank attacks against his or her END minor damage. Rank 6 allows the analyzing of enemy’s weak points and striking always to where it is most lethal, allowing major damage against an equal END-rank. It also allows intercepting spells or abilities that are normally hard to intercept.

Rank 7 is the final rank, and it ties all these other ranks together. It eliminates ambushes by all except Servant-level enemies, and allows finding lethal targets to weaponry, making sure major damage is dealt even against an END of one higher rank. Overall performance of first two ranks’ bonuses is increased, and alchemist is given +1 rank boost to either STR, END or AGI. However, the more the thought process is divided, the more it strains your mind. So, watch yourself...

All of the partitions have durations, and though second partition can be open indefinitely in non-combat situations, in combat situations these durations come into play.

2-partitions: 20 Turns.
    3-partitions: 15 Turns.
    4-Partitions: 10 Turns.
    5-Partitions: 8 Turns.
    6-Partitions: 6 Turns.
    7-Partitions: 3 Turns.

Equipment

Conceptual Weapon Rank D – Cat’s Cradle [15 AP]

An Anti-Magus Conceptual Weapon of fearsome make, the “Cat’s Cradle” is a lengthy metallic cord attached to a ball-and-socket joint, from which protrudes a long, pyramidal point. It is capable of being directed by the user’s thoughts to some extent, and is used like a whip, the head of the weapon seeking out the enemy when directed like the head of a serpent. Its real power comes from its ability to disrupt the flow of prana within the body, damaging the spellcaster it hits by scrambling the energy within their circuits in a painful fashion. It is Joseph’s foremost offensive weapon, and was specifically enhanced from its original form in order to combat magi and disrupt their spells, though it works decently against magecraft users in general. The head needs to pierce the opponent’s body in order to take effect, and rotates as it does. Unfortunately, the easy damage dealt to it by Alexandria caused Joseph to routinely overhaul the design, and as such, the weapon is still weak from the newest revision.

Conceptual Weapon Rank B – Third Eye [13 AP]

After losing his left eye to an immortal, Joseph worked tirelessly to create something that could let him avoid that experience again. After combining his knowledge of magic with weapon-building skills, the Third Eye was created. It is a purely defensive Conceptual Weapon that takes an unusual form – it is a glass eye built in order to replace the eye lost to Cartaphilus. By aligning several advanced technologies in an unprecedented fashion, Joseph was able to create a weapon that the conceptual base on which magic is built by targeting the ‘theory’ from which a spell is created, analyzing it and then destroying its form by creating the opposite ‘theory’. As a simple by-product, it reveals a spell’s true form to Joseph, allowing for advanced research of the spell in order to add to his Compendium. A very dangerous Conceptual Weapon that is kept hidden under Joseph’s bangs; it can see to some extent, but as the primary purpose was to disrupt spells its vision is equivalent from peering out of a rain-soaked window at dusk. The Church gave the original template to Joseph after the defeat of the 25th Dead Apostle Ancestor, Alexandria Cu-Aurus, although he has made numerous revisions from its original form as, of all things, a piece of blood-stained metal.

Base: Joseph's Room
    Location Area: Harbor District
    Size Type: Small (2 AP)
    Explanation: Joseph has a room at an inn in the Harbor District. It's a territory controlled by the Church, but thanks to his previous connections, he was able to stay with no apparent trouble. The room is near the Blue Flamingo, and, unfortunately, has no defenses or upgrades yet. As someone who constantly travels, a sight like this is very familiar.
    Last edited by Mooncake; February 8th, 2015 at 10:00 PM.
    [12:37] <I3uster> if playing overwatch would save my mother from the deathbed
    [12:37] <I3uster> id probably flip a coin
    [12:38] <I3uster> to see if i play or not

[18:23] <frantic> spinach is like a caffeine zombie

[18:23] <frantic> in AX he would like
    [18:23] <frantic> drink 8 shots of espresso
    [18:23] <frantic> then he'd turn to me an hour later
    [18:23] <frantic> 'frantic', he'd say, his eyes wild and his lips smug
    [18:23] <frantic> 'i need coffee'

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    Base: Joseph's Room
    Location Area: Harbor District
    Size Type: Small (2 AP)
    Explanation: Joseph has a room at an inn in the Harbor District. It's a territory controlled by the Church, but thanks to his previous connections, he was able to stay with no apparent trouble. The room is near the Blue Flamingo, and, unfortunately, has no defenses or upgrades yet. As someone who constantly travels, a sight like this is very familiar.
    This is my fate isn't it.

It's what I should expect from every Master.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Blog Entries
    Why sit at home when you can crash other people's homes?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    This is my fate isn't it.

It's what I should expect from every Master.
    I don't think the rest of us were as terrible as this guy was when it comes to housing.

One room, one bed, final destination.

Blog Entries
    scraping the very bottom of the AP barrel

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    I don't think the rest of us were as terrible as this guy was when it comes to housing.
    this isn't enough to make me cry!
    [12:37] <I3uster> if playing overwatch would save my mother from the deathbed
    [12:37] <I3uster> id probably flip a coin
    [12:38] <I3uster> to see if i play or not

[18:23] <frantic> spinach is like a caffeine zombie

[18:23] <frantic> in AX he would like
    [18:23] <frantic> drink 8 shots of espresso
    [18:23] <frantic> then he'd turn to me an hour later
    [18:23] <frantic> 'frantic', he'd say, his eyes wild and his lips smug
    [18:23] <frantic> 'i need coffee'

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Behold, my submission for the Moon/White Master spot! The Frantic sheet that not even Frantic could make! Someone explicitly designed to make Dullahan cry! I give you: The Guy.

-------------------

“You’ll face defeat for two reasons, scoundrel. First: You dared to disrespect the sanctity of magecraft. Second: You fucked with the wrong wizard, mate.”

Name: Kai Xavier

Origin: Magus

Backstory: Even the Mage’s Association considers Australia to be a shithole of a country. As something that was barely populated until very recently, it holds no mentions of powerful magic artifacts or strong history. No mystery either, since such a thing requires humans to tell stories and wonder about what could possibly be making that shadow on the wall. To say the Association cares little for Australia is an understatement: To them, it might as well not exist.

Unfortunately for those tools, some rogue magi did care, and settled down to work peacefully in a relatively magic-free country. After centuries of breeding with the natives, they realized one very important thing: Gaia was strong there.

It’s not quite at the level of the Age of Gods, but the land down under is an excellent place for magi. Unknown species, vastly isolated mysteries, and undisturbed monsters make for an exciting life and tons of progress. It was here, in the middle of a roiling mess, raised by the most irresponsible alcoholic magus father since Emiya Kiritsugu, that Kai Xavier lived.

And what a life it was.

He took to magecraft like Steve Irwin to angry animals. Adopting shamanistic traditions to bring himself closer to Gaia’s will, Kai learned how to shape the earth like clay. He also learned respect for the earth, tempering the wild, brash youth that wouldn’t slow down for the world with a sense of responsibility and justice. His is a simple but robust world view. Sure, there might be some complicated things that cloud up what’s important, but if you blow them all away and see clearly, no doubts can exist.

For a magus, it is common to have a public persona that differs from their true self. For Kai, it’s the opposite; pretending to be a proper magus is a full-time job. While for the most part he tends to adopt a rather antiquated method of speaking to suck up to the old farts at the Association, his true self is still young and hot-headed, looking to seize the world (or a beautiful woman) by the horns and ride until his arms can’t hold on anymore. As someone who knows he should follow heart before head, silly things like logic and caution can’t stop this would-be adventurer.

Many are this young man’s adventures. Whole novels could be spun, detailing the teenage exploits of a young man with nothing to lose but time. However, this isn’t that story. Not the story of the time he saved a young priestess from being sacrificed by an isolated tribe of cultists. Not the story of how he pit his magecraft against the legendary Giga-Elephant, which crossed the sea from Africa in response to Kai’s botched call for Gaia’s aid, and how he finally subdued the beast after three days and nights of dodging and running and battle. Neither is this the tale of how son met father in a clash of wills, until Pops fell face-first into the dirt and caved, finally buying a triumphant 17-year-old his first and only car.

No, this is the tale of the Holy Grail War, and of how Kai Xavier’s gonna win it all.

Stats:

STR (Strength) – D
    END (Endurance) – D
    AGI (Agility) – D
    ABI (Ability) – A
    PRA (Prana) – A

Perks (60 AP spent):

Ancient Knowledge
    Cost: 15 AP
    Magus Origin only. You possess, by mean or another, knowledge that others think already forgotten from this world. This secret knowledge has allowed you to create spells that you would not normally be able to even imagine. Take two more Forgotten Spells, free of charge.

Beauty Untold
    You are beautiful and there is no denying it. Whatever the source of your attractiveness, there is no going around the fact that you are sight for anyone’s sore eyes. Therefore, it is easy for you to get what you want. You are not, after all, run-on-the-mill beautiful. You are on the level of a supermodel, almost to the point of being supernatural. All character interactions are more favorable to you.

Fast Wheels, Hot Wheels
    By some ingenuity on your part (and bribery of few local officials), you were able to smuggle your own personal vehicle onto Tengetsu. Whatever it happens to be (a car, a motorcycle, a boat), it’s in storage now, waiting to be transported to your own Base after you acquire it. However, make note that no military grade vehicles can be transported, as those would have caused quite a scene, and quite possibly your arrest. With this vehicle, you are able to patrol two adjacent Areas during one Night Phase, but your mode of patrolling is limited to just that.
    Vehicle: 1969 Dodge Charger – Custom Ver. Colour Scheme: Hotrod Red

Thesis of the Still Heart
    Perhaps it’s your empathic heart, or perhaps it’s your honeyed words, but people have clearly easier time opening up to you than they do to most people. You are able to have a heart-to-heart with just about anyone, even if you haven’t known them for that long. Of course, this sort of ability does come with a responsibility (if you care about it.) Though you may learn about secrets others would not, you have carry these secrets as your own, as they have been given to you under trust; trust that is not easily mended once broken. Oh, and one other thing. With this Perk, you might be able to find out some rather *lewd* secrets as well…

Abilities (30 AP spent):

Spells:

Solo Devoratis
    “Watch your step, fiend. Gaia holds no love for your kind. The earth reclaims all, and you even sooner.”
    Cost: 40
    Runs prana through the caster’s feet and into whatever they stand upon. Stemming from a purposefully botched Reinforcement and crossing with Earth manipulation, the ground within a large radius from the user is destabilized and turns into the equivalent of magical quicksand, slowing down enemies, inhibiting their movement, and even ensnaring those too weak and slow to escape. Of course, the user themselves is unaffected, and any area they stand on can be considered stable. Works best on natural earth, metallic, or rock-based substances, such as concrete. Since it works through the ground, it can be prepared through a large ritual circle beforehand to increase effectiveness. By placing the circle around a Base, a makeshift boundary field that detects the presence of those who set foot on the ground can be created.

Terra Chorum
    “Can you hear the earth’s song? Can you feel its beat? It cries for your demise. It screams for justice!”
    Cost: 100
    Runs prana through the caster’s feet or hands and into whatever material they’re in contact with, animating it with unnatural life. The ground and walls themselves become a weapon, sprouting jagged stalactites and stalactites to pierce the foe, or launching makeshift projectiles to strike down fliers. A large area is affected, and after the spell’s activation a mere thought is required to launch an attack from any direction. As long as prana is continuously supplied the attack will continue, allowing it to distract the enemy while the user begins casting another spell. Can be used to create makeshift walls to elevate the user and block enemy attacks, but as the spell is an offensive one, defensive tactics won’t be as effective. Casting time and cost are reduced if the area has already been prepared by Solo Devoratis beforehand, or if a ritual circle was planted in the area earlier. Otherwise, a significant casting time is needed.

Ferrum Lingua
    “Men may be weak, but beneath that frailty we can steel our hearts and feign strength.”
    Cost: 60
    Animates the user’s skin, taking iron from the blood and drawing it to the surface to act as a defensive mechanism against attacks. Increases defense and durability, and can also forcibly hold wounds closed to prevent death and minimize injury. Against bare-handed attacks, the user’s skin can sprout sharp spikes that deal counter damage. In a pinch it can be used to create makeshift blades and tools for offense, but such an effect will quickly throw the body out of balance. An outside source of metal can be substituted to increase effectiveness and prevent fatigue, but will be consumed by the spell afterwards.

Caerula
    “Weep for what you’ve taken. Weep for what you’ve lost. Weep, so tears may wash away sin.”
    Manipulation of fluids. Upon casting, allows for complex control of substances in a liquid or semi-liquid state. Can either be cast on the environment or internalized to affect the user’s blood. In the latter form, increased circulation can overclock the body’s function, delivering oxygen to muscles and speeding up clotting and healing, or even circulating adrenaline and other hormones quickly through the body, allowing for a variety of subtle effects, such as mild healing or increased physical strength. However, putting too much strain on the body will destabilize it and risks damaging delicate tissues.
    In its secondary form, this spell grants the user a power similar to low-level aquakinesis. While it does not reach the strength and precision of ESP, this ability is still formidable, being able to form constructs with a thought. Fine control is exchanged for speed and power. Even mere water can slice flesh easily enough, and in combination with other fluids, more effects are possible. Cannot affect human beings with their natural resistance. Without a ritual circle the area of effect is limited to about a meter around the user. With a ritual circle, the area affected can be as large as several dozen meters. Since this spell works with fluids and semi-liquid materials in general, it can be used in conjunction with Solo Devoratis to devastating effect.

Johnny B. Goode
    “You ever listen to Chuck Berry? Damn, that guy could sing!”
    Cost: 40
    A spell created one night during a social gathering, by a rather intoxicated magus whose motivation was less reaching the Swirl of the Root and more impressing the girl whose clothes he wanted to remove. Against all odds it became a reliable tool, though it wasn’t successful when it came to undressing ladies. Finding a cool-sounding Latin name was difficult, so the original one was retained.
    Manipulates sound waves in the vicinity of the Caster. While not particularly powerful, it is near impossible to dodge thanks to its large area of effect, and cannot be resisted like normal magecraft as its effects are purely physical. The frequencies unleashed are of the kind that enters the target’s head and disturbs their brain waves, similar to how the cry of a baby causes instinctual panic in human beings. Those affected will find it more difficult to concentrate and utilize mental abilities or engage in self-hypnosis to chant spells, and those with an unstable psyche will find it even more difficult to stay in control. Naturally, the caster is exempt from the effect, having taken precautions to isolate himself. Does no actual damage and has no real effect on the surroundings other than being very, very loud and very, very annoying.

Forgotten Spells:

Aether Lamina
    “Sword of the Skies it may be, but it is I who wield the tool of your demise! Come forth, coward!”
    Extends a portion of the World’s Reality Marble to overlap with one of the user’s spells. What the True Ancestors called Marble Phantasm used to be the domain of the Gods. Once they disappeared, so too did the individual wills that drove the World forward. However, the structure by which they operated, prayer, still remains even if there is no one to answer it. By making the appropriate gestures and sacrifices, it’s possible for the lines of old to reawaken, letting one temporarily align themselves with Gaia’s will.
    Adds a conceptual effect of “Harmony with Nature” to a single spell, letting it join with the World instead of being crushed by it as is normally the case. While this doesn’t necessarily increase its power drastically, the World’s gravity, which normally affects all magecraft, becomes an ally rather than an ever-present foe, enforcing the spell as the natural order. This produces an effective Anti-Concept coating that grants priority over “unnatural” effects and returns the battle to one of sheer strength. Additionally, the strain on the user of opposing magecraft that clashes with this spell will be doubled, as the World is both actively and passively attempting to deny them. By preparing a ritual circle beforehand this can be applied on a wide area, turning it into favorable terrain and inhibiting the opponent’s strength.

Ira Mundi
    “Storm! Earth! Fire! Heed my call! Sleep no more! Make humanity remember what true terror is!”
    Cost: 80
    A storm of air, water, and earth. An ancient war cry used by heroes to promise victory becomes a chant that brings down the World’s fury. What Legendary Souls could do on their own, Kai does by channeling Gaia’s anger towards humanity. A miniature tornado is summoned and compressed inside one human body, waiting to be unleashed in a single explosive blow. Rather than saying he creates the attack, it’s more accurate to say that Kai becomes the vessel through which it is born. It’s not his spell that the opponent faces, but the planet’s. Can be launched from a normal blow to pierce foes in a single strike. It can be unleashed as a ranged attack, forcing the enemy to deal with a full-sized, aimed tornado. It can even be called down from the heavens within a ritual circle, with Kai as the eye of the storm, tearing apart everything around him with unrelenting fury. The long preparation time can be shortened when within a ritual circle, but if Kai wishes to take the storm into his body, he must spend time to cast it.

Equipment (30 AP):

Mystic Code:

Tusk
    An elephant’s broken off tusk, wrapped up and sharpened into a makeshift knife. Script has been hand-carved all over it, but is unreadable. Some theorize it’s really, really shitty English. Thanks to an elephant’s natural Magic Resistance, which Kai has learned to harness as individual “bursts”, this weapon can break apart ritual circles and push through bounded fields. It won’t do against high-ranking stuff, but helps when trying to get out of a jam.

Formal Wear:

The Sneaks
    A pair of really, really nice shoes. Self-lacing, even! They were a birthday present that Kai never outgrew. Despite his usual preference to go all natural, even he can’t resist that synthetic glory. In combat they don’t provide much of a magical benefit, but carry a low-ranking, low-drain, low-profile enchantment that allows Kai to sneakily draw ritual circles with his feet as he walks, depositing magical, invisible ink of various kinds onto the ground. Helps to set up circles while simultaneously trying to avoid getting killed, and most people don’t even notice until it’s too late.

Base: The Pad
    Location Area: School District
    Size Type: Medium (6 AP)
    Explanation: A two-story, closed-down office building, formerly owned by Yakuza. One of the only such buildings in the school district, it was vacated after the city decided keeping criminals within walking distance of schools was a bad idea. Kai would rather have had a nice cave or someplace open to the wilderness, but as commuting to the city through a constant blizzard didn’t sound appealing, he settled for society. Bonuses include tons of room for partying, plenty of decoration space, and a sick-ass parking garage complete with remote-controlled doors. Kai’s already working on turning the whole top floor into a greenhouse, but it’s slow going. The City was gracious enough to give it to him after he asked for something awesome, and Kai’s fairly grateful, if a bit paranoid that they’re just using him to get rid of an irritating location.
    Upgrade #1: Tapped Ley Lines - D (2 AP): Though Kai is familiar enough with the idea of restoring prana through natural energy, this place is too far from nature for him to work his magic. Still, he’s tapped into the plentiful lines underneath the building to form a simple circle that heals him and helps quicken prana recovery.
    Upgrade #2: Prepped Circles - E (2 AP): As someone used to moving around a lot, static defenses aren’t something Kai is really aware of, so he made do. Setting up a variety of circles in and around the building means if anyone steps in, he’ll be able to almost instantly activate many of his more powerful spells. Of course, since most of his spells would wreck the building, this is still a lose-lose situation. In conjunction with Solo Devotaris, a rudimentary sensory system can detect visitors that tread upon the ground while Kai is in the house.

Blog Entries

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    As a person with Australian citizenship. I've got to ask, why not Dreamtime magecraft?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    As a person with Australian citizenship. I've got to ask, why not Dreamtime magecraft?
    Because I'm not Australian and thus know it as only as a country made up entirely of Steve Irwin fans and evil alien animals.

Blog Entries
    Don't worry, by ignoring natives you have made the most Australian sheet of them all.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloble View Post
    Because I'm not Australian and thus know it as only as a country made up entirely of Steve Irwin fans and evil alien animals.
    The elephant stuff was pretty great. It should have been accepted on that alone.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    Don't worry, by ignoring natives you have made the most Australian sheet of them all.

​damn
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    Dreamtime magecraft would be hard to do in a form that's even vaguely close to resembling actual Dreaming rituals so there was really no point.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    Dreamtime magecraft would be hard to do in a form that's even vaguely close to resembling actual Dreaming rituals so there was really no point.
    There's a lot you could do like familiars that turn into landforms. Spiritual invocation stuff. Crests that are based off songs. Basically just borrow the concepts and you won't have the copy the rituals. You just got to do enough research and be imaginative enough.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    There's a lot you could do like familiars that turn into landforms. Spiritual invocation stuff. Crests that are based off songs. Basically just borrow the concepts and you won't have the copy the rituals. You just got to do enough research and be imaginative enough.
    How about this, bro. Next time I do an Australian character, I'll actually research that shit and do it right.

...or at least I'll bug Dullahan a bit. That's technically research, isn't it?

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    Dullahan isn't the only Australian around, you know :/

And You, while I agree it can be hard for someone who isn't familiar with the foundations of Aboriginal Australian spirituality to get a real grasp of ideas to leap from.

I imagine it'd be like me trying to write up a shamanistic Finnish worldsong magus. Honestly wouldn't know where to start.