Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 491213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Sheet Graveyard

I feel kind of embarrassed to write about this but since Spinach shared his sheet I have no excuse. I was also one of the people who made a couple sheets for MW, a Saber based off this wuxia figure (Dugu Quibai) who uses sword techniques without needing a sword (naturally, with a katanagatari FC) and a Saver Pandora who was somewhat Madoka inspired as a magical girl where hope in the box was supposed to be a sorta prototype for the NPs of Greece. The latter I didn’t bother writing up because I thought it was too much of a stretch and I liked my other Saver idea better, the former I did and sent, but he didn’t make it.

The one that did make it in was Saver, or Yama. The basic inspiration for this one came from a TM dictionary entry I noticed on the bus one day:

Judgment of Yama
    Kishima Kouma's Last Arc.
    Triggered by an aerial counter. After it starts, Kouma flies to the edge of the screen, then hits the opponent with a powerful jumping kick. There are two different things that he might yell out at this point, but one of them is extremely rare.
    In Buddhism, Yama is the name of the very first human to die, who then became the king of hell. He is also called Enma Dai-O.
    I looked this up later to make sure it wasn’t bullshit and found that there are indeed a couple versions where Yama is indeed a human at some point. The version that I thought had the most detail and was worth running with was one from Tibetan Buddhism, where they are killed shortly before reaching enlightenment and in anger they come back and start killing everyone in Tibet before being subdued by a bodhisattva.

Since this figure seemed like a valid Servant and was kind of a cool and unusual loophole that I found, I wondered next how I could do an interesting spin on Yama. One of the few things I really know about Buddhism is karma, where good things happen to you because you do good things, but also everything bad that happens to you is the result of bad things that you did (maybe not even in this life) and that you shouldn’t resent them because they are just cleansing your karma. I did some basic reading into some very easy Buddhist stories and asked some friends and this seemed to be case. So Yama and his realm of hell and endless torture is just a way for people to cleanse themselves of their sins. In that sense I guess he is really doing them a favor.

Something that stood out to me in Fate was that it did an interesting spin on some very standard ideas, like Shirou and his desire to be a superhero, or Kotomine and everything about why he wants to see Angra born.

I figured with a figure like Yama I could try to do a weird take of my own on karma. I think most people think of a Saver as a holy figure who should be nice and generous to everyone, and karma is supposed to be a really good thing. So I decided to try making Yama into a Saver who felt great compassion instead of only anger at people who were sinful, but this compassion due to this rather twisted spin on karma would manifest itself in the form of torture and suffering, which would be far removed from anyone’s idea of good. Life and death wouldn’t be too relevant to a god of death in a system where everyone reincarnates anyways, and I thought it was interesting to make a Saver focused only on bad people even though from counter-hero class skill they’re designed to be good against regular heroes. This is also obviously a bit powergamey though.

There’s also Gilgamesh, who has an alignment of Chaotic Good even though he tries to cull off humanity in UBW, which some people argue to be because in his perspective he is really thinking of humanity as a whole where they will be better off after he culls them, and (while I don’t know whether Nasu’s alignment system has been clarified since) similarly I wanted Yama to be Chaotic Good, since they also perform some rather unambiguously awful acts (torture) for a rather nebulous idea of good (in this case, karma).

Basically, it was supposed to be kind of a bait and switch type thing. While torturing people she was supposed to be somewhat elated, not at punishing an evildoer but out of compassion for helping absolve their sins. The image of a man crying in compassion over someone they are personally torturing was also something I thought was amusing. Saver later changed to a woman because I was too lazy to find an appropriate male FC with one day left, girls are cuter, and I can sort of hand wave it with an OK excuse.

I expanded the backstory from the brief excerpt I found in Tibetan Buddhism amongst those lines. There's a bit of a funky line in there where I realized this sort of ideology might collapse with someone like Kotomine who can only enjoy doing evil, but in hindsight I don't think I should have tried to patch it up and left it as is.

The rest of it was mechanics. I’m embarrassed to admit this part was pretty power gamey because I knew this was a HGW and I didn’t want to lose too badly. With a big figure like this jobbing early would make me feel really incompetent.

The skill choices are pretty straightforward. Obviously, some Divinity, some Enlightenment, some points in Torture Techniques for flavor, some more regular fighting skills, another lore skill. I tried to get by Verg with less than A rank Divinity as well as Natural Body because it was so good, but he veto’d that and I had to drop some points and took Prana Burst (Flame) instead, which might be a better fit in the end. To be fully honest I really wanted to take Torture Techniques Rank A for the concept but I couldn’t justify to myself taking such a hit for any pvp, so I made it D with a silly excuse.

I kind of don’t like how artificial it feels that even though most HGW systems everyone can agree the victor can be decided just by looking at everyone’s NPs and the battle could be over instantly because there’s usually no reason not to fire off your NP immediately other than not being a dick. So I’m not super fond of damage rank check type NPs unless they have some extra weird conditions, I think they’re completely fine in stories but not that cool to role play.

So I wanted some sort of unusual NP with unusual conditions where how you play really matters for the final outcome. It would also be a sort of outline for how to play if I wanted to win, so it’s pretty powergamey as well. Hence, a NP that powers up based off my opponents’ sins, which was easy to justify for this figure. The dimensions and realms in Buddhism lend themselves well to RM NPs imo too, and letting divinity affect things was a cute design decision because it makes sense and I didn’t think anyone would actually take much divinity since MW was so penalizing on skill points.

The second NP is just more of an afterthought that I thought would be good in a mystery type RP, since no mystery is complete without some murderers, and a judge of the dead should naturally be good at those.

Despite all my powergaming, I was sort of hoping to go down as a good midboss, since with that NP it would be logical for players to take out Saver since it’ll only get stronger as the roleplay goes on, in my mind at least.

I’m not sure if any of the thought process expressed itself well because I feel a lot like I flubbed the presentation, but I was pretty happy with the end product. There were a lot of things I wanted to do with Saver that I didn’t really get a chance to do, though. I kind of wish you hadn't brought this up Spinach because I spent last night thinking about it again.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think this sheet is historically important because a lot of people gave me very positive feedback on this character and a post in particular that I posted in the other thread without ever having the curtain pulled back on the fact that actually it was a dumb and simple idea a lot of people in the very same RP put a lot more thought in.

If I wanna make a guess as to why she still got very good reception it's because Sei, my GM, gave me hella good scenes to work with, the fact that I had a lot of fun player interaction and that sometimes doing simple things you think are fun is good, because we all play to have fun. A concept having layers upon layers of complexity does not 1:1 translate into a character that also plays more fun I guess.

So without further ado, a sheet that I think is easy to surpass by every seasoned and most beginning RPers, Maiko Kisaragi from Onigokko:

Spoiler:

Name: Maiko Kisaragi
    Alignment: Good/Evil (see below)
    Character type: Demon Hybrid
    Brief history:

“M-my name is Maiko, and I love scary stories!”

Born as the second child of a wealthy clan of hybrids Maiko lived a relaxed life in the small city of Katagami. She was always a rather shy individual, preferring books to the company of people.
    Her family was not held in high esteem by the population, rumors circulated among the neighbors that they had involvement with the yakuza, some going even as far to say that they were a branch yakuza family, even more absurd rumors spoke of non-human blood in their veins. Of course everything but the last part were pure fabrications, as her father was an experienced broker and her mother helped him with his work.
    As a strange series of murders occurred in the neighborhood however, the populace immediately suspected the strange family, whose members rarely left the house (due to her father’s work being done at home). The modus operandi of the killer was always the same: He targeted mostly families with kids, intruding in their homes without traces of forced entry, and then brutally cut them to pieces with an unidentified weapon. The police presumed a special made precision knife as they had never seen such clean cuts before.

No evidence was found that would even suggest a family member as a culprit, but still, the name of the family was forever stained. Maiko’s father did not want to continue living in a neighborhood where they had to endure the suspicious gazes of everyone, so they moved to Fuyuki city, selling all of their old assets and changing their name to not carry the burden of suspicion. In school she was a frequent target of jokes and pranks due to being a rather shy and antisocial transfer student, causing her to withdraw more and more. Her only real passion was the literature club and the occult and horror club, where she could escape into fantastic realms that distracted her from her life as a bullied child. In the club she found friends, people who were interested in the same things that she was, finally feeling at home again since she moved from the city she was born in.
    Her brother is currently in university.

Abilities/Dark Secret:

“Humans look much more beautiful once you look beneath their skin…”

Her family always assumed that weak blood ran through Maiko’s veins, resulting in her not manifesting a demonic ability.

They were wrong.

She suffered from an incredibly early case of inversion impulses, since she was six years old. Her mind could not handle the strain, she herself could not believe that there was something inside of her that wanted to harm others. As a subconscious reaction to this, she created someone else, an evil spirit that rested inside her body. So when she wanted to hurt others, it was not her. When she wanted to kill the family of that kid that pulled her hair in middle school it was not her. When she came into her house, pretending to be lost then cutting up her family with the demonic blades that extend from her arms, it was not her.

It was Nee-san.

After news reports of various newspapers on her killing spree, she finally got a name.

Nikuya. Butcher.

Whenever Nikuya took over her personality changed to a much more bold and violent one, a personality fascinated with human innards and the color of human blood. Since she moved she managed to repress Nikuya, but who knows if a traumatic experience would eventually make her lose control again.

Abilities:
    The Butcher of Katagami:

As long as “Nikuya” is the active personality she gains access to higher physical stats at the cost of her sanity. Also she no longer needs her glasses to see clearly. [Alignment is temporarily treated as Evil (does not receive bonuses from alignment shift). Allows for a stat change to “Nikuya”. Sanity reduced by 1 for each turn this is active. Cannot revert to Maiko is Sanity is 3 or lower.]

Hamon:

An ability currently only useable as “Nikuya”. A 50 centimeters long invisible blade extends out of her right hand, made out of her demonic aura. Can easily cut through flesh and bone, with enough force applied even steel can be cleaved apart. Stabbing is almost impossible with it. [Special Ability. Cost 15 MP to activate and 3 MP for each turn following activation. While this ability is active, Strength and Magic stats are combined into one value. Attacks are treated as physical attacks. As the blade is invisible, target’s Evasion reduced by 2.]

Bloodlust:

If "Nikuya" sees blood or innards, she becomes terribly excited.
    [When HP is below 30 or after she has killed something, As Nikuya, Strength and Agility increased by 3 when fighting while injured or when fighting an injured opponent. Defense and Evasion reduced by 4. Sanity reduced by 1 for each turn active.]

Stats (Maiko):
    Strength: 7 = 7
    Defense: 12 + 1 (Bullied) = 13
    Magic: 10 =10
    Magic Defense: 8 = 8
    Agility: 10 = 10
    Evasion: 8 = 8
    Will: 11 + 1 (Alignment) + 1 (Bullied) = 13
    Sanity: 8 + 1 (Alignment) = 9

Stats (Nikuya)
    Strength: 7 + 8 (Inversion) + 2 (Killing) = 17
    Defense: 12 + 5 (Inversion) = 17
    Magic: 10 + 5 (Inversion) =15
    Magic Defense: 8 = 8
    Agility: 10 + 10 (Inversion) = 20
    Evasion: 8 + 10 (Inversion) = 20
    Will: 11 = 11
    Sanity: 8 = 8

I think what's important to note here is that this isn't exactly fake humility or anything, this is one of the least elaborate sheets I have for anything, ever. So why did it work? Well, the design process already has part of it I guess:

I wanted to make an antagonistic figure because I'm in a horror RP. Something slasher villain-esque, since the other more unique-to-horror option would've been a more powerless build but that would mean giving up a lot of agency (here mad props for Neko who actually did go mundane). So, now I'm faced with a problem: I'm playing in a group so why the hell would anyone keep a murderer around? The split personality thing was thus born out of sheer necessity. I devised some way for it to work with a demon hybrid, which was just using trauma to make inversion go away. The inspiration here was actually pretty weird in that it's early onset puberty and its potential effects on minor sex crime (FUN TIMES RPING WITH YOUR FRIENDS).

So in the end I had the setup but even with a split personality you need attachment so people don't get rid of you. So then I decided she was gonna crush on someone to facilitate that. At first I wanted to do it by random selection but then something about hero and the way he set up his character clicked. What better target to parasitically latch on to to not get murdered than an I MUST SAVE EVERYONE shounen hero?

And that just...worked, really. Idk how else to describe it. It was just fun to have very tight interaction with one of the players and I had a lot of talk with Sei which was basically just Evil Scheming. Like being able to reveal to people that suspected things that Maiko's alignment is Good since they are seperate entities in a way, etc.

So despite the actually very simple character Onigokko turned out to be amazingly fun for me. Sei sadly doesn't feel the fire anymore and stopped GMing but if she ever returns I'd definitely recommend joining cuz this was all around great and to this day remains one of my fondest BL memories.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Blog Entries
    Because I forgot to post this sheet to the Graveyard:

https://sites.google.com/view/amelia...neverland/home

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Oh boy everyone's airing their dirty laundry, huh. What a nostalgic week.

Okay, here's the edgiest sheet I ever wrote, in honor of the masochistic ride that was Onigokko.

Sakaki
    Name: Sakaki Tetsuro/Shin
    Alignment: Good/Evil
    Character Type: Human
    Brief History: Born and raised in an ordinary family, he went to college to learn to be a teacher. At the age of 24, his pregnant girlfriend was killed and raped in front of his eyes by gang members on their way home. This event caused him to be overcome with rage and slaughter all 5 gang members using nothing but a steel pipe. Afterwards, he developed a second personality containing all of his hatred and rage towards criminals and the scum of society. During the day and when talking to his students, he is kind and understanding. At night, however, he switches to his second personality, which is a coldblooded killer that roams the streets slaughtering any lowlifes he finds. Some call him a vigilante, but his crimes are not limited to only criminals, and he has sometimes accidentally slaughtered innocents during his nightly rages. He is currently holding onto a job at the school, and is the teacher in charge of the Occult and Horror club. Although he has no interest in such things, he agreed upon being asked to oversee it by a student of his.

Abilities:

Split Personality:His dual personalities are so advanced that each can independently function as a completely different person. They have different tastes, skills, habits, and interests. Specifically, his peaceful (Tetsuro) personality is slightly weak willed but more mentally stable, while his vengeful (Shin) personality is close to insanity at best of times but is very strong willed.[Allows for the switching of personalities to change Will and Sanity values. Changes to values of respective personalities are lasting.]Kendo – Advanced:As a high school student he was part of his school’s team. He practiced the art of the blade, and even entered tournaments. He stopped coming to the club after his last year, where he was beaten by another team’s fighter, who was a woman. All he remembers of her is the tiger strap on her shinai. He practiced kendo throughout college, but not as much. Tetsuro remembers little of his skills, but Shin recalls them perfectly and practices daily on his victims. He can use makeshift weapons as swords very effectively.
    [As Shin, Strength and Defense +2 when wielding a sword-like weapon. As Tetsuro, Strength and Defense +1 when wielding a sword-like weapon.]
    Street Fighting:For four years, he has been fighting in the streets, where anything goes and there are no rules. His body has been hardened, and he’s used to fighting all sorts of opponents, even in large numbers. As well, this means he’s very flexible in battle, although he lacks anything that can be called a style unless wielding a weapon. Tetsuro cannot fully access his street fighting experience except for certain circumstances, but Shin can call upon it at any time.[As Shin, Defense and Evasion +2. As Tetsuro, Defense and Evasion +1. Strength +1 when facing multiple enemies.]
    Chemistry:Has an advanced knowledge of chemistry, as it the field he teaches in high school. He knows most of the periodic table by heart, and even has a degree in Chemistry from university. Shin cannot use most of his advanced knowledge, as it is Tetsuro who learned it.
    Avenger:From seeing his beloved die in front of his eyes, he developed a deep, deep rage against all evil and evil people. Even though he’s stopped mourning his lover’s death and moved on, this hatred remains. This manifests as a rage so powerful it will keep him going and compel him to attack all those he sees as evil. It is muted in his Tetsuro persona, and can only come out fully in his Shin personality. Even if his body cannot move, he will always attack with strength that surpasses his own limits to get his revenge and destroy all evil without fail.[As Shin, Strength and Agility +2 against targets with an evil alignment. When HP falls below 10%, Strength and Agility +6 (stacks with previous buff). Should Shin suffer an attack which would normally kill him, survive with 1 HP. Once per battle.]
    Deceptive:For many years he has been lying to the world and even to himself about his dual life. Tetsuro is very good at deceiving others and lying in general. He can concoct tight alibis for any situation, and has evaded the police successfully for years. He will keep his cool even when under pressure from police or powerful officials. Shin does not possess this ability; indeed, the only thing he ever lies about is his alternate identity. Since he is a skilled liar, he is also very good at detecting lies from others.[As Shin, prevents others from properly perceiving his intentions. Skills which would provide insight on the character through actions are negated. In combat, target’s Evasion -1. As Tetsuro, prevents others from learning of Shin.]

Protector: From seeing his beloved die in front of his eyes, Tetsuro swore to himself he wouldn't allow such a thing to happen again. This skill's origin is the same as 'Avenger' but evolved into something completely different. As a teacher Tetsuro will naturally fight harder when one of more of his precious students is in danger. He will protect his pupils with an almost fanatic devotion, up to the point of taking lethal blows meant for them. Shin, naturally, doesn't possess this urge at all, and cares almost nothing for others. [As Tetsuro, switches Strength stat with Defense stat. Allows for Tetsuro to receive the attack another PC or significant NPC would take. Damage received is reduced to 75%. Increases Will recovery.]

HP: 250
    MP: 0

Strength: 10/25 Effectively 10
    Defense: 25/10 + 2 (Street Fighting) + 1 (Kendo) Effectively 25 (29?)
    Magic: 0
    M. Defense: 0
    Agility: 18 Effectively 18
    Evasion: 10 + 2 (Street Fighting) Effectively 10 (12?)
    Will: 5 (+2)/15 Effectively 7
    Sanity: 15 (+4) + 2 (Teacher)/5 + 1 (Teacher) Effectively 19 (21?)

Dark Secret: Feels that he is not a complete person. Both personalities think that they are just masks created by the true personality. Also, he fears that both of his separate lives will be brought together, even though he wants to keep them separate.

Sakaki came out better in practice than he did on print. He ended up way more developed than I had planned him to be, in a good way. I make no apologies; this was way back when I was still 16 pretending to be 18 on the internet and high school Bloble thought he was being legitimately clever here. The idea was that split personalities were always boring and cliche, so I'd do it right by... well, I can't remember that far back. But whatever the thought process was, it resulted in the Dark Secret above. I spent more time trying to come up with a clever name than I did actually writing the sheet.

I do regret not getting to show off Shin, though. Rather than a generic edgy power up mode he was meant to be an actual character styled on an old style Japanese delinquent, a vengeful teenager in an adult's body that only cared about beating his problems to death like an adolescent wrecking ball. Shin wasn't the maniacal evil side; he was literally just Sakaki in his high school days pre power-of-love character development, who only came back because obviously trauma creates split personalities. Meanwhile Tetsuro was just "the civilization taught to the beast" trying to assert himself despite the heart of his reformed self having been torn out long before.

I wanted to give them both equal billing but it never ended up happening. If Oni had continued I'd have played through the next several scenes as Shin, acting like a two-bit thug and generally reminding people that pompadours never should have gone out of style.

Oh, and the 25 STR was because nobody ever told me the human limit was 20. Oops.

Everyone was a scumbag.
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

Blog Entries
    Didn’t you literally have like a scumbag strike attack which gave you a power boost when other people were attacked?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

In ny defense i didnt make scumbag strike, sei gave it to me with the profile overhaul. And it was 'moderate modifiers' which if i had to guess traslates to 'your attack may actually hit even though yoir agility is gatbage'
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

Yuuta wasn't a scumbag!

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Righto. Since the Astronomika choices have been made, here is the second sheet that I ended up submitting for that.

Since I had a feeling that melee might be weaker and tougher to build than a single one-stat focused build, I wanted to try it out (and see how far I could take it). This was coupled with me marathoning Thunderbolt Fantasy and being in a very, very weeb mood after that.

Blog Entries
    I made two sheets for Spirit Pulse and one of them was to beat Bloble at my own game so here's the first one, which had been gestating in my brain for over a year.

It's really long.

Here's the Rose Cross sheet I had written in probably a few hours after stressing things in a vacuum and deadline.

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MssrNeko View Post
    Here's the Rose Cross sheet I had written in probably a few hours after stressing things in a vacuum and deadline.
    when I clicked on this my finger started bleeding because of all the edge

EDIT: though what’s funny is he is actually quite similar to a sheet I came up with for racing once, now that I think about it
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    I made two sheets for Spirit Pulse and one of them was to beat Bloble at my own game so here's the first one, which had been gestating in my brain for over a year.

It's really long.

It's really long.
    That...is awesome. Must have taken quite a while to write.
    Quote Originally Posted by MssrNeko View Post
    Huh, looks like Rose Cross was more popular than I thought.
    Worlds Destroyed And Created. Lives Erased And Created. All At My Whim. What Exactly Am I? I Am A Writer.
    1. SpaceBattles
    2. Sufficient Velocity

Blog Entries
    other PC i elected not to use becauase everyone had shadowform :|
    Cam Teal
    Faceclaim:.
    Affiliation: Round Table (Knight)
    Class: Spirit tamer/Shadow
    COMP: Armor, glove

Backstory:

One of the most classic “success stories” of the Squire training program, or so the story goes. Cam was a squire who boasted little to his name beyond an honest willingness to get his hands dirty. Many of his fellow instructees had immediately leaped ahead of him in training. Cam’s weapon skill was nothing of note, neither were his mental facilities or his natural physical prowess. The only thing Cam had was a seemingly endless supply of good old fashioned grit. No matter what happened in training, how many matches he lost or how hard the training, he was always the last to leave the field and the first to arrive. The boy never seemed to acknowledge any pain at all. If not for the excellent medical expertise of avalon, it might have even been speculated that he was somehow immune to pain. Still, lacking any particular skills, Cam’s training for a while appeared stuck in a rut.

This would change during a massive training exercise when, showing speed and skill heretofore unseen, Cam had managed to interpose himself between an actual knight and the trainee who had been designated the “protectee” for the event. Cam had sIngle handedly held the line until reinforcements had arrived. After that things changed. Recognizing the knightly protectionist capacity, Cam’s trainer’s had changed his practices to always include a defensive target. Cam, who had shown little ability or even willingness to defend himself, fought with an absolute desperate tenacity, guarding both the target and even himself with a near inhuman skill. Where pain had proven a poor motivator, his guardian’s instinct caused him to fight to save himself in a completely different manner, if only to continue to guard his wards.

After this, for a time, things went smoother. What knight system would not understand how to use a guardian? Even though his weapon skills never really developed, Cam earned a special place among the squires as the first to be summoned when mission details included a vulnerable VIP. It was during such a mission that...things changed. For it was when Cam manifested the awesome, immeasurable power of persona.

And lost to that power.

The public was not informed of the full nature of what occurred, and the famous Idol who had been the target of a ransom effort had dim memories, only remembering that with the rest of the guard incapacitated or dead, Cam had waded alone into the enemy onrush and fought alone for hours until assistance arrived. To the public, a knight student had demonstrated the full breath of the code of chivalry, throwing himself into impossible odds to protect the weak, and his Renown grew because of this event, until it was a matter of time he took the oaths.

But Avalon knew a different tale. For when the guardian knights arrived, they encountered a crew of bandits in full route already, fleeing in terror. They could not be blamed. How sapping it must be to the moral to fight a foe who turns your blades against you with every strike while screaming to be killed.

This was Cam’s Shadow. Perhaps because the Boy had been so strong, so unwilling to ever once admit pain, his teachers had not realized the hurt of a young boy who never won once. Never defeated a foe, never was the hero, at best only a shield until other, better knights could take the mantle of hero. Hating himself, believing himself worthless, his shadow emerged, seeking a worthy honorable death that would give his existence meaning. Denied to him because he was so tough no foe could slay him, and taking a dive in a fight would render his death as meaningless as his life.

Personality:

Cam presents himself as an affable “onii-chan” type who enjoys whatever is in front of him. Known for telling bad jokes during battle, he is a comforting presence on the battlefield, a being of absolute security one can be assured will protect him even at cost of his own life. But he and a few up Avalon’s higher rank knights know that Cam is struck with a sense of shame with every compliment. Every thanks for a life spared strikes him in a way blows of iron or spellwork cant. Not meeting his own ideal of heroism, Cam feels he cannot betray the public who views him as a peerless knight of virtue, so strives to uphold an ideal he feels he cannot meet

-Knights of the Round-

[True Knight] Trait: It was a long and difficult journey, but you have recently been acknowledged as a True Knight of the Round Table by the Organization, and with it, both your popularity with the people, as well as your influence over the newer Squires of the Round Table has skyrocketed, to the point where many members of your “fan club” are these younger squires. Looking up to you like a hero, and closely following after your example in order to become stronger themselves, simply interacting with them in-game is enough to forge a link of some sort between you, with no other requirements needed due to your status.

However, as a Knight, you are expected to maintain a certain “clean” image, and being somewhat of a celebrity, it is difficult for you to do things that others do not know about; thus you must be careful with how you handle situations, as even a small ‘mistake” can blow up in your face down the line. Additionally, due to the effort involved with succeeding in your advancement to knight, you are allowed to possess an extra two custom spells of E-C rank in your library, as well as an additional two spell slots at the start of the game.

In the public eye Cam is seen as a truly selfless hero, who even by the start of the game is well known for throwing himself into impossible odds with no heed to his own safety. To the upper echelons of avalon, it is perhaps more complex in that. Do they seem him as perhaps the perfect knight, a stalwart fearless soul who has no dream beyond a meaningful death, a true servant of the people? Perhaps. He might also be viewed as a poor soul that needs to be saved, the very epitome of a poor man in need of rescue. Or maybe the knighting process had a more pragmatic reason, it is very useful to have a pawn you can be absolutely assured will sacrifice himself when the time is right, and even better, one who would do so in a grand fashion, advancing the cause of the knights of the realm. For whatever reason, a new hero(?) walks the land.

COMPS:
    the Tactical Instrument of Transport, Assault, and Nullification Gauntlet, or TITAN gauntlet for short, is one of the truest symbols of knightly resolve even in Avalon. Comprised of a deep bronze looking alloy, this piece of armor presents a nearly impenetrable barrier to enemy attacks. Though smaller than the shields and armors more common to defensive COMPs, this gauntlet suits its wielder perfectly. Because of the knight's over all defensive properties, larger attacks that overwhelm foes struggle to deal damage, simply being shrugged off by his almost incomprehensible body, which has been tempered by more near death situations then would normally have been experienced by a thirty year veteran of war. Instead the gauntlet acts as a smaller guard capable of deflecting away the smaller, more focused point to point attacks which might pierce him through.

As one might expect, it has been modified for easy storage of the cartridge system. Over the knuckles and rounding out the back of the hand are indentations for cartridges to be slotted. However at this point, it is only feasible to place three.

AutoSkill 1 (usually active)
    Personal Regeneration: This rather selfish skill for a defender does not influence his allies as might be expected, instead it represents the efforts of the COMP to rescue its wielder in spite of himself. Though the knight seeks death, the TITAN gauntlet works tirelessly to keep its wielder alive. this occasionally leads to friction between the two.

Autoskill 2

Adrenaline rush. Cam is a being of almost unbelievable endurance, but his weak soul has given rise to many weaknesses, it is nearly unheard of for a combatant to have as many openings as the Cam walks into battle with. To counter this, when attacked with a weakness, the TITAN sends its wielder's adrenaline system into overdrive, sending a shock to his system that makes him much harder to stun. Even if attacked by a weakness that his resistance was unable to cover, the adrenaline rush may allow him to shake off the effects

Autoskill 3
    allied IFF matrix. Cam is excellent at defending allies but boasts neither exceptional speed or situational awareness. to compensate, the knight can leave off using one of the more active skills to instead leave the TITAN free to analyze the battlefield. By constantly analyzing the battlefield, his ability to shield allies dramatically increases due to early warning as to where threats will appear.

Strength (STR) - 20 D

Vitality (VIT) - 70 (not including armor boost) SS

Agility (AGI) - 10 E

Sense (SEN) - 10 E

Resistance (RES) - 60 S

+ 2 weaknesses. + 4 Skill points

Phys: Absorb
    Fire - Strong
    Earth/Metal - Strong
    Ice/Water - Weak
    Wind/Force - normal
    Electricity - Weak

Psy/Mental - Weak

Bless/Light - Normal

Curse/Darkness - Strong

Perks:
    -Knight’s Heart-
    Cost: 3
    Restrictions: Knights of the Round

It is the duty of a Knight to protect those around themselves, and for you, that particular aspect of the code of chivalry is something that you believe in with all your heart, to the point that your spirit seems to “catch fire” when defending others.

When defending someone else from the attacks of others, it is possible to ensure their safety by intercepting every strike (barring certain AoE attacks) regardless of the speed difference between yourself and the enemy; during these times you cannot be stunned by any attack that wouldn’t kill you outright, even if the attack in question would target a weakness.

In addition, when facing an opponent that is decisively more powerful than you under the condition of “risking your life protecting someone or something,” increase all stats by 10; for every turn spent in this scenario, bonuses to Will will be received, the extent of which is dependent on the context.

-Cartridge System-

Cost: 3

Restrictions: None
    An upgrade for all COMP types that -due to severe flaws in safety and stability on the part of the User- is not a system widely used by Spirit Tamers, instead considered to be an experimental upgrade by all factions. It is believed that a more stable edition will become possible in the next couple of years.

The Cartridge System is, in essence, a type of “burst” system that utilizes “cartridges” of Magical Energy to heavily amplify the effects behind a single action through magical overload, be it a physical attack/movement from the user, or a spell cast by the COMP.

In this way, even low-level spells can do staggering amounts of damage to an opponent, however, the power surge itself is too much for modern COMPs to completely stabilize, and thus the feedback is so severe that the user often sustains internal injuries such as shattered limbs and internal bleeding during periods of prolonged use. Once described as “hitting yourself with a car in order to hit your opponent with a train,” the side effects can be somewhat negated through use of healing magic, however it is still considered to be widely dangerous.

Cartridges must be replaced at a Tamer Base, and storage ability caps out at three with the initial system.

-Fast Wheels, Magic Wheels-

Cost: 1-4
    Restrictions: None
    While the continued spread of magic has led to a number of methods of moving throughout the world, when it comes down to it, you’re still a person that prefers the relative consistency and ease of a vehicle, whether it be a car, a motorcycle, or perhaps something a little more exotic. Regardless, it is not just a simple vehicle, and has been modified -to a certain extent- for use by people of your line of work:

4AP: At this point, the vehicle is akin to a mobile base used by the character and can be used to restock consumable supplies; when stationary, it is capable of producing it’s own unique Harmonizer Field independent of the COMP System. While this Harmonizer does not boost elemental resistances, it is capable of activating an additional auto skill of it’s own to support allied units so long as the fight remains close to the base. This field will deactivate if the vehicle is destroyed, and due to the nature of it’s generator cannot be utilized while the vehicle is in motion.

Optimized for use with the TITAN gauntlet, Cam was presented with a graduation gift consummate with being declared a true defender of the land. Located on the knight's belt are four hanging cloths which to the untrained eye appear to be decorative tassels. However, when the time is right, the cloths will peel back, revealing tiny miniature rockets that can attach to the gauntlet, allowing for supersonic flight by way of pulling him by his fist. In theory this would put impossible strain on his body, but his natural defenses and the defensive networks of the TITAN Gauntlet render such entirely trivial. When attached to the gauntlet, the Rockets will optimize its processes, repair minor damage, and refill his cartridge supply. During combat, it is frighteningly common to see him burst onto the battlefield with a massive rocket powered punch to the foe that comes first to hand. Thereafter he will usually land near important or vulnerable team members with an eye towards protecting such. After he lands, the 4 rockets will begin circling the battle field, connecting to allied COMPs. During this time, they will act as a sort of additional computational power source, allowing for more equations to be run simultaneously. In effect, they will activate an additional autoskill that allies know but cannot make use of due to computational limitations of their own COMP. for this reason, it is easy to identify support COMPs who have worked with Cam, as they are almost always in possession of four autoskill abilities rather then the traditional three.

Again, this is one of those decisions by Avalon which raises intriguing questions. Why was he given such a precious treasure? Could it be they simply wanted to reinforce his strongest defensive skills so that he would always be able to reach the battlefield quickly despite his poor speed? Or perhaps it was something more noble, by enhancing the defensive powers of the TITAN, the knight is harder to kill. Maybe they hoped to give him a chance to feel the joy of life. Or perhaps, again, they wished to ensure so valuable a tool did not break until an occasion where it was worth sacrificing him. For whatever reason the legend of a knight flying with a golden hand outstretched continues to grow.

-Shadow Possessed-

Cost: 4

Restrictions: Cannot be taken with Against Doubt or Persona User

While you possessed the potential to awaken to the “Persona” power, a weakness in your self-image, be it through the relentless battering of your psyche by life, or some other trauma, has led to your Persona shaking free of your control and becoming a shadow, your id, a thing of base desires, unconstrained emotions, and runaway passions, unchecked by the more rational parts of the psyche.

Proving stronger than you in the moment of awakening, you yielded to it, and now rather than holding dominance over it and using it as a persona, it is beginning to gain more and more dominance over you, wielding you like a puppet. Character gains access to a “Shadowform,” a state of being that bears similar capabilities to a Persona User, albeit much more powerful (initially) due to the ‘clarity’ that comes with simply giving in to your base desires. However this also comes with the price of a loss of self-control, and a slow and steady deterioration of one’s sense of self until the ego is completely devoured by the id and the character is considered to be functionally dead, completely consumed by their more primal half.

While called Shadow-Possessed, characters that bear this power are not necessarily “bad” or “evil,” rather they simply lack a strong enough will to control their Persona, and this has had a negative effect on their personality. Shadow-Possessed are impulsive and often react to things without really thinking about it; while these actions are not necessarily evil, they can prove inappropriate or disruptive to social situations, and in battle, the chance of going completely berserk is always present when using these abilities.

Rather than summoning one’s shadow as a persona, the user transforms parts of their body into a ‘twisted’ and ‘unrecognizable’ variation of their Persona; this form often comes across as looking like ‘mud’ or a ‘tangible shadow,’ and is actually constructed from a corrupted form of spiritual power referred to as miasma, which is normally used only by vengeful human spirits. While in this state, the user is able to use certain forms of magic without the use of a COMP, specifically, the character is able to create three custom spells (E-C Rank) that don’t require use of their COMP, and should represent whatever ‘trauma’ or ‘denial’ has led to the character’s current state.

Cam’s shadow manifests as an even larger armored form with a pair of swirling spike shields equipped, one on each arm. the knight's body leaks miasma and dribbling mud blood like from countless partially healed wounds.

Test willpower Rank D: The shields the knight carries are more than just aesthetic. Attacks against the target will always return a portion of damage taken. This portion continues even if the knight himself did not take damage, for example against a pure melee strike, however the damage returned vastly increases if the target used a type of attack the shadow is weak to, such as lightning.

This ability might be considered the first manifestation of the desire to die in a meaningful fashion, by testing the resolve of an attacker to see if they truly possess the will to kill.

Punish the unworthy Rank D: A self buffing skill that is always known to the enemy. If a round of combat goes by wherein the shadow was not attacked, STR will increase by one. If a second round goes by, STR will increase again, and speed will also increase. If a third round goes by, STR will increase for a third time, Speed will increase for a second time, and Sense will increase by 1. These buffs will maintain without penalty until such time as the shadow is attacked.
    A manifestation of the shadow's desire to die, if foes lacking resolve attempt to ignore him, the shadow will gradually evolve into a much more terrifying opponent, either becoming nigh-unstoppable or finally convincing an enemy to overcome their shameful lack of willpower through sheer pragmatism.

Snap judgement Rank C: The final skill of the shadow of death. Normally shadows, instances of pure unfiltered self indulgence do not mesh well with equipment, but as might be expected, the knight's shadow takes considerable pleasure in the cartridge system, having developed a masochistic pleasure from using such. Its usage of such may be stated to be entirely separate and superior to the knight. When the time is right, the shadow may choose to utilize a spell which harmonizes the resonance of spells stored into the gauntlet, creating an attack far greater then the sum of its parts. By synergizing stored spells in the cartridges and releasing them simultaneously, a mammoth AoE attack can be generated, with consummate kickback on even the planet level endurance of the knight. This effect strengthen exponentially with each cartridge used. Right now, the knight's maximum is three. The limit to this ability would be 6. It's hard to imagine what a full 6 utilization might look like, but some think that the attack might even comparable to the megidolan of a certain elevator attendant.

Spell list:

Agi

Bufu
    Zio
    Garu
    Eiha
    -Flash Truth/Phantasm Step-
    -Heat Riser-

-Sukukaja-

personnel spells
    Mark target Rank D: A spell formula of which variants are often found used by knights and armor users, and an offshoot of bullseye. When opponents make contact with attacks, this spell marks the attacker, making counter attacks easier even against speedster's who favor hit and run abilities.

Charge cartridge Rank E: One of the little abilities that tends to develop when one is tinkering with their equipment. This ability allows him to charge one of the cartridges in his gauntlet with a predefined spell. As a result, there is obviously a significant reduction in on the fly adaptability, however in exchange single use abilities can be paid for in advance, reducing heat costs in the moment. This also partially accounts for the knight's generally poor reaction speed, reducing amount of maneuvers he has to coordinate in the heat of battle. However a limitation develops. Charging cartridges causes them to glimmer in a manner consistent with the magical energy inside them. wary opponents can prepare for the attacks by monitoring the colors generated. As an additional note, for some reason, only one spell can be saved into the gauntlet, so even if the knight knew he was going to face an opponent who absorbed everything but lightning, he would still only be able to prepare one yellow cartridge for the fight.

Aegis Rank B: A super move unique to one who doesn't just wish to save other, but actively
    seeks danger himself. When this skill is utilized, no other abilities can be utilized this round. The user projects a massive metaphysical shield using his own harmonization matrix as a catalyst. Provided the user has an idea of whats coming, either through the enemy using a focus skill or the ability having an obvious build up, it is possible to spare allies by redirecting a powerful AoE attack onto the knight.

+2 knights perk

Avenger Rank D: Against a foe that successfully exploited a weakness last turn, your next turn’s attack will gain sure-hit and pierce. The knight has taken advantage of more than one foes over eagerness due to a mix of his high endurance and one of his auto-skills. Against an enemy preparing to follow up, this masochistic counter move is especially effective against tactical opponents who try to develop a strategy for success.

Sara Cross likes to call this spell “one more-Gaeshi”

Knight’s cross, Rank C:

The knight is a being that seeks to fight in a single battle against a foe which could bring about a glorious death. He exudes contempt for large hordes of smaller enemies and the idea of being overwhelmed by a horde annoys him. To counter such, the knight makes use of an optimization program which syncs his COMP AI with his rockets. They will alight on the TITAN, removing it from his hand, and then blast about the battle field in a chaotic blitzkrieg of punches. Though of little use against powerful single targets, a large crowd of weaker foes can be struck down swiftly. By continuing to pay the heat cost, against an unending horde this attack can continue independently from the knight, however he suffers multiple penalties due to being separated from his COMP and his base all at once.

In response, it is highly likely he will enter Shadowform and fight nightmares as a knightmare himself.

removed information on the DTG ai system on the grounds I remade it for the PC that did get in

Blog Entries

It's really long.
    I’m still really feeling the Spirit Pulse hype as I wait for my opening post so I’m just going to jot down the process of writing out Hiori as seen here.

Hiori, if memory serves me, was the second or third idea I had for Spirit Pulse when Airen briefly showed me he was working on a sequel to Exodus Nine. The first concept was born from reading Lucina/Severa fanfiction on AO3, and that idea ended up becoming the idea that was accepted, Ayra Lilygrove. But we’re here to talk about Hiori.

I tend to like working within the confines of the rulebook I’m given, so when Airen gave me a preliminary draft of the rulebook I immediately skimmed all of the perks for interesting ideas. Otherworldly caught my eye, like it did with a lot of prospective players. I wasn’t particularly interested in making the traditional oni/vampire/werewolf hybrid, though. Demon in SMT is a very vague term, and in the current arc of Ga Rei, we were doing something that heavily influenced the direction of the idea.

In Ga Rei, at the time, we were wrestling away the Four Factors (the ability to control the fundamental principles of reality) from the main villain, and in turn, they could only be properly utilized by gods.

I wanted to create a PC capable of wielding that much power. And, of course, in SMT, gods are a type of demon themselves. Easily capable of working with Otherwordly. But being a demigod wasn’t merely enough, because it was made rather explicit only a full god could get full mileage of the Factors. That’s when my brain jumped to the conclusion of my PC being an arahitogami, something both fully divine yet also human at the same time. To have my cake and eat it too.

And with the arahitogami idea in mind, there was really only one faceclaim in mind, and I had been trying to shill a Sanae-inspired idea on this forum for years now. This was one of the major reasons as to why I ended up grabbing Oath Taker, but not all of it. I thought that if I could come to this conclusion, then someone could in character as well, and that’s how Hiori ended up being adopted by the god she had made a pact with, mirroring both her FC and providing a much needed direction that wasn’t related to powerlevels.

I thought it was interesting to play someone who felt betrayed by their caretaker, but still felt so indebted they’d do everything for them nonetheless. This is why there’s the heavy implication that Susanoo raised her to serve as a weapon and also as to why her backstory focuses on being isolated, with her father as her sole exception. If her father is her world, then she can’t just cut it out without feeling like she’s losing everything, so she has to go along with his wishes nonetheless.

I rewrote the backstory like three times and I still feel like the twist is badly implemented, but I was sick of not being able to actualize what I wanted in my brain so I just forced it out. An idea I am proud of, though, is that she was tricked into worshipping herself, because it felt immensely ironic that she gets the basis of her power from believing in herself without knowing it. As for her NEETish personality, Lucille, my Astro PC, was too much of a square, so Hiori became even more NEET-like to stray away from the prim and proper image I was doing in another RP and create some severe contrast in the way she conducts herself.

Her lightning based powerset comes from an urge to make it storm-related, as well as the kanji for Hiori meaning “woven light”, which I thought was rather evocative of lightning. Her “official” divine name is something I asked Canaki about and she told me about the Japanese association of lightning with agriculture and I thought it was a cool and authentic sounding touch so I kept it. Agriculture turned into growth, and that’s how her spells ended up being rather paladin-like, because paladins are cool.

Radiant Thunderblade is stolen from Gahkthun, she flies because she is a Touhou and honestly not having flight felt really weird until I added it.

Goal wise I wanted her to carve out her own identity, get believers, and hash out her troubled relationship with dad. I was super ready to write cheesy lines like “Believe in me. People come to the gods for miracles, don’t they?” and all sorts of other shounen stuff. I feel in contrast to Ayra she had a much… clearer and more workable direction, but ultimately Ayra embodied certain things I wasn’t sure I’d ever get to play otherwise, so Hiori got scrapped despite being the product of several months worth of thoughts. It’s a shame because I was definitely really passionate about her idea and I wish I could have gotten to do it as well.

tl;dr hiori was made because i wanted to powerlevel flex

Blog Entries
    several months of ideas scrapped

...the PC I made that was actually worth anything and got accepted mostly developed one night when I got drunk.

I sanded out the edges while nursing a hangover but mostly it developed while having to much to drink.

...its a...possible KT is more dedicated then I am

Blog Entries
    to be perfectly honest i think getting hella wasted and just writing whatever comes to mind is pretty valid, i just overthink things a lot

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Writing something random off the top of your head then trying to make it work is extremely valid.

It's what I did

much to my surprise it actually worked