Thread: Pitch Black - IC

Blog Entries

Pitch Black - IC

Pitch Black

It is a perfectly normal day at Mountain Peak Preparatory Academy. The current weather is sunny, everyone's just come back from winter break, and the current date is January 7th, 2014. It is currently morning.

Arianna Landis (Leo)

The morning cafeteria wasn't filled with the sounds of anybody important. You and Leanne were quietly eating breakfast when someone just as sadly unpopular as you guys decided to join your table.

Haley O'Connor, or, as she was more popularly known, “that girl who lied her way out of the special needs classes,” had approached you with a cheery glint in her eye. In fact, she was ecstatic, for she was one of those freshmen who hadn't understood the purpose of grade-based stratification. She pulled her hoodie down and flashed a smile, one that held no hint of the incoming bullshit that you knew would soon spew out of her mouth.

“Hey there, everyone. Mind lending me a hand for something? Little Perry and Debussy are trying to get the dirt on a good old friend of mine for old hag Levine, so I'd like some help from the toughest girl in school and her good old pal~”

A brief pause. There was no subtlety in her. Just directly applied force equivalent to that of a bullet train going at one hundred and twenty miles per hour.

“You serious? Why the hell should we risk our asses for her?” Well, Leanne considered it. That wasn't good. She had this new “heroism” streak she was trying to do to cast off her previous image. It didn't work, and it was way more of a hassle than you needed things to be.

“I solemnly promise that I will get the sports clubs to leave you alone for the rest of this year. Scout's promise.”

...There was no way she was being honest. Leanne looked at you with a shrug, but you got the feeling she might take this girl seriously.

NPC shenanigans
    Leanne Mars - Average
    Ex-delinquent. Made a name for herself as a fighter. Now chills out with her roommate.

Hayley O’Connor - Average (Freshman)
    Known for lying her ass off whenever possible. Inherently untrustworthy.

Mary Lee (Moon), Brooklyn Springs (Race)

Popular people, to put it simply, always hung out with popular people. It was the eternal circlejerk of humanity, a law that had been passed down ever since the dawn of mankind. And that was why the two of you were sitting here, with a bunch of people you knew to be incredibly bitchy underneath. A superficial air hung around the table like a thick fog, and nobody felt like talking. Well, that wasn't it, exactly.

Danielle Levine had complete control and was currently bragging about the ridiculously expensive car (you could buy a home for that price) her parents had bought her this Christmas. There were plenty of polite nods of acknowledgement but everyone wanted to change the subject to something that didn't involve bragging. Or, at the very least, bragging about yourselves.

Then, the two of you got some texts.

Serenity: Do you guys want to go out for lunch today?
    Serenity: I think it'd be nice for us to all hang out together, you know?
    Serenity: Doesn't matter where we go, really.
    Serenity: Just need to wait for Danielle to let it all out.

Well, it was slightly better than the drone you were currently listening to, that was for sure. Then again, you weren't sure if you wanted to wait it out...

NPC shenanigans
    Danielle Levine - Average (Senior)
    Richer than rich. Popular because she is pretty and rich. She makes you guys feel bad.

Serenity Hale - Average (Junior)
    Your well known popular mediator who never gets into fights. Likes for everyone to be friends.

Popularity Crew
    Rocking that A Popularity, man.

Samantha Banks (Spinach)

You'd finished breakfast. Your extremely feminist roommate had woken up and left early for a morning jog, so now you had this precious morning for yourself. Breakfast didn't really take long, since you (due to the machinations of Avery Swift) had woken up way earlier than you'd have liked and there was nobody to talk to. In fact, the only people up this early were...

“Heeeeeey, Sammy!”

Members of the Student Council, who allegedly organized school events and pathetically attempted to police the student body. They liked you, since you were up at the same time they were most mornings, and you tended to help them out most of the time because you usually had nothing else to do. In this case, it was the treasurer, Riley Reigns, who happened to get very close to you much of the time. Maybe a bit too close.

“Do you mind helping me bring these papers to the meeting room? We're discussing club budgets, and the teachers have been not-so-subtly saying we should kill the tennis team...” Well, that wasn't something new. The tennis team sucked. You thought the uniforms were pretty nice, though.

NPC Shenanigans
    The Student Council
    A bunch of useless assholes. Well, not the best way to put it. Also nicknamed the Elite Four because of their unimaginable sway about whatever is going on, they try (emphasis on try) to get students to obey the rules, manage club funding, plan events, and additionally deal with disciplinary problems and rule changes to the student handbook. Composed of Angel Chevalier, Reika Asakura, Riley Reigns, and Melanie Mitchells.

Part of the dissent is that nobody voted for them, but then again, nobody did vote in the elections, which weren't heavily advertised by the previous student council.

Riley Reigns - Average (Junior)
    The student council treasurer. Peppy and bright, she's a long-term planner.

Karma Tenavore (Tang)

The library was quiet. Nobody frequented the library this early in the morning, so you had a quiet place to read. Rather, the entire area was completely dead silent. It didn't even seem like people had set foot in it before. But you knew there were people. There was always someone who came around in the mornings, to stay and study or read or, as you embarrassingly noticed, to make out. The librarian was barely there most of the time, so most students checked out books themselves.

After all, who steals books these days?

Today's morning guest happened to be Melina Morrison, the least popular girl in school. This was proven via vote. In fact, you could probably find the results if you wanted to, but such things were now implicit.

“Could you get out? Your breath is rank and I think your teeth are as yellow as these pages.” Melina's black nails calmly drew a circle on one of the books she was reading and her other hand was clearly pointed towards the door from whence you came.

You hadn't even gotten a book yet!

NPC Shenanigans
    Melina Morrison - Average (Junior)
    A complete bitch.

Elizabeth Dubois (Kuro)

Normally, your life wouldn't be a problem. However, the school had decided to pair you up with your Japanese childhood friend who happened to be a raging lesbian. In fact, she had woken you up and the two of you were in the midst of changing. Sometimes you caught her staring. God that was freaky.

Unperturbed about your current situation, Hisa Hikigaya decided to make small-talk.

“I-I heard Always are going to play tomorrow. Do you want to come with me? …As friends, I mean.”

Honestly, that last part was added like an afterthought, and she clearly couldn't look at you for reasons you think you probably knew.

NPC Shenanigans
    Hisa Hikigaya - Prodigy (Junior)
    Japanese transfer. Super gay. Has trouble with English.

Always
    The school band, composed of Stella Skye (vocals), Sapphire Wright (guitar), Irene Belmont (bass), and Ursula Fisher (drums). They're fairly alright, and due to some shenanigans are allowed to play on campus. Named after a line from The Fault in Our Stars.

Danielle Richardson (Morm)

Justice. That wasn't exactly something easy to administer to the students of Mountain Peak Preparatory High School, but nevertheless it was your goal to deliver it. Somehow, in some form, in some way.

Unfortunately there was almost no news about any wrongdoing, so you decided to go to the library to grab a book for you to read. While the library was empty any time, you wanted a book to read during Math, regardless of whether or not Ms. Sparks was an actual CIA agent with training who could kick your ass seven ways to Sunday.

Then, you heard it.

“Could you get out? Your breath is rank and I think your teeth are as yellow as these pages.”
    Wrongdoing was afoot. The time for justice was now.

Myriam Ward (Daiki)

Penny had stocked up on cigarettes and had given you a pack. What a great roommate. What didn't make you happy was the fact she smelled like weed. How the hell she managed to drown it out was a mystery you had seen with your own eyes, and now they watered like hell. It couldn't be helped.

Now, the problem was that you had nowhere to smoke. After a bit of wandering, you found what you thought was a nice, secluded place...

But somehow, you didn't recognize the smell of spraypaint. Your nose might've been too clogged up by whatever the hell Penny did. Nevertheless, there was an affectionately detailed drawing of male genatilia on the wall of the building you had decided to hide behind, accompanied by its master artisan, Yang Liu.

Taking off the mask, she sighed and held out her hand.

“Mind if I get a light? Need to relax.”

NPC Shenanigans
    Yang Liu - Delinquent (Sophmore)
    The best artist Mountain Peak will ever see.
    Last edited by Katie; June 14th, 2014 at 02:15 AM.

Karma Tenavore
    Morning

B-but I haven't even gotten a book yet! All I wanted to do was to peacefully pass the morning away quietly reading. Why did things suddenly have to become complicated.

I should ignore her. I should simply ignore her. I should pay her no attention, and just walk by. Yes, that is a good plan, pay her no heed, pay her no heed, pay her no heed...

I take a step forward with my head held high and almost instinctively flinch as I see Morrison staring at me. I could feel her presence repelling me, pushing me away. Beyond that, seeing her nails mark the book pained my very soul. Do I keep going forward and ignoring her? Remand her? Maybe it would be better to just leave and try sneaking back in at a later time? Do I give up on this altogether and head back to my room?

Oh no. oh no oh no oh no. I could feel my face start to slightly go red and my body begin to tremble a little, as I stood there paralyzed by indecision. I-i needed to make a choice, at least do something, anything other then standing here frozen like a deer in headlights, but what to do, what was the best course of action, I just don't know, it's too early in the morning for this type of situation.

Biting my lip, I turn 90 degrees and force myself to begin to walk calmly towards some other bookshelves.
    Last edited by Tangerang; June 14th, 2014 at 02:22 AM.

Danielle Richardson​
    Morning

Plato once questioned, in his Republic, "What is Justice?", it is propped up as a force to combat "Injustice", which differs from culture to culture, time to time. In the writings of antiquity, it is claimed as a cardinal virtue, Rulers across the globe claim they are Just, rabble rousers and politickers seek to gain power by decrying laws as injust, seeking to sway the public mind.

But the question stands: What is Justice? That, I believe, is something one must answer themselves, to form their own ideal of justice, and carry it out, to oppose injustice.

That's just my opinion, though.

I shuffled lazily through the morning dimness of the library, the bastion of book-learning remaining a fortress of solitude against the ravening hordes that spread throughout the school. I'd come here for a singular purpose, to find a piece of literature to entertain me. Hair still damp from my recent shower, I scanned the shelves silently, looking for a book to read during Math. I'd never had much interest in flat numbers, more interested in what they meant, and how they measured the world around them, which was more of a Sciency thing.

I mused over this matter and the previous impromptu soliloquy on Justice when a voice rang out across the silent library:

“Could you get out? Your breath is rank and I think your teeth are as yellow as these pages.”

I recognized the voice, faintly, Melina Morrison, apparently something of a pariah when it came to the social webway of Mountain Peak, which was unfortunate, however I think the last time we'd spoken she'd said some rather unkind words. Now she was here, again, abusing another!

I heard the silent voice of the one addressed cry out for Justice in the face of this crime, and I leaped to, prowling swiftly through the library directly towards where I'd heard the voice.

"Oi, Melina. Knock it off." I said tersely. I wasn't a big talker in the mornings, and this injustice before me made me even less pleasant.

Blog Entries
    Elizabeth Dubois

My high school life was not that bad. I had my childhood friend as a roommate and I had good grades in all of my classes. So life should be more than just "was not that bad." I guess the reason why it was currently "not bad" instead of great is because... My childhood friend has an obvious crush on me and she wants to marry me. Despite the fact that we're both girls and I'm entirely straight. So it's a little more than disturbing when she stares at me in an obviously impure way. I was about to place on my skirt when she started talking to me.

“I-I heard Always are going to play tomorrow. Do you want to come with me? …As friends, I mean.”

Always is playing tomorrow? I'm a little concerned with how she hesitated on the last part. I've only seen her as a friend. I don't see why not so I can guess I can just go with her.

"Sure. I don't see why not."
    Last edited by Kuroyuki; June 14th, 2014 at 09:38 AM.

Blog Entries
    Arianna Landis (Leo)

"You weren't even a scout."

Scouts I knew. Well, I knew the types - two of them. There were the ones that really meant it: looked like ROTC with their pressed uniforms and badges, stood at attention for their parents, shook hands with their congressperson after becoming an Eagle Scout. And then, you had the second children, always trying to live up to just a bit more than they were actually capable of and imploded halfway through high school in a beer keg with their friends, exactly the same. And what would be the point of trusting either of those? The first never had anything worth having, and the second never had anything worth trusting.

Let's say we had to pick a type for Hayley. Well, that's not even a question, is it? Her parents can't even spell her own name right. "Because the scouts would have actually taught you how to panhandle. With the cookies? You're not a good cookie salesman." I barely even looked up from my book and granola. I didn't even want to say cookies this early in the morning. The word tastes like sugar - like corn syrup.

"Anyways there's something that the sports clubs bugging you teaches you. It's really easy to just say no."
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Brooklyn Springs
    January 7th – Morning

Brooklyn Springs, mostly known as simply ‘Brookie’ by her closer friends, stared at her soda apathetically as the usual ritual of the breakfast was repeated yet again. If it was not Danielle, then someone else would spend the morning bragging about whatever else. She honestly did not care that much about it, but she was in very good terms with most of the group here, so like the others, she politely listened and nodded in the adequate moments, while she reflected back on how bad her day had been until now.

At the early morning, she had been woken up by a phone call. It was very rare for her dad to deign calling her himself, since most of the time it was her mom who got on her case for her scores, with her elder sister getting some words on edgewise when she could. Of course, Adelle Springs was actually concerned for her, unlike her parents, so she did not do this to be a terrible piece of shit, like her parents, but it really did not help. Brookie knew both her sisters were actually pretty good people, but she really couldn’t help to hate them. Being compared with them all the freaking time had a way to ruin their relationships.

Winter break had been pretty nightmarish since her parents couldn’t stop bitching about her report card all the while… and the reason for this call was that her dad had the custom to try to smooth things over a bit with her if one of the discussions with mom got out of control. Of course, his way of ‘smoothing’ things over was to smugly and indirectly shit at her, so the conversation ended with Brooklyn more pissed off than she had been a few minutes before. Or the week before. Of course, after that, going back to sleep was out the question, so she spent the rest of the pre-breakfast morning browsing the internet while on her panties until Gretchen woke up and soothed her enough she felt like getting dressed and attending the usual breakfast ritual.

And speaking of the present time… Brookie took a discrete look at her phone and typed in a positive answer to Serenity’s suggestion, feeling her mood improve slightly as she finally had something more pleasant to look forward too. However, for now, she decided she’ll wait Danielle out.

She was actually on pretty good terms with Danielle. She’d let her copy her homework, and the blonde would in exchange look at the other way to Brooklyn’s occasional sarcasm. The basis for a pretty good friendship, in her opinion.

Brookie was fairly sure that Mary, her other good friend in the Popularity Crew, had also got the message from Serenity, so she kept an eye on seeing what her answer would be.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Blog Entries
    Karma Tenavore, Danielle Richardson

"She's already retreating with her bitch-tail between her legs. She's got less of a spine than a single celled organism. You're wasting your white knight bullshit on trash like her."

Melina Morrison had a problem. Somewhere along the line, she had traded every facet of proper social interaction for the ability to be the greatest asshole alive. It was admirable in a completely wrong way. You glanced at the stack of books on the table—some really disturbing things, like demonic rituals or whatever, alongside shit like Twilight or The Vampire Diaries or whatever was popular with mindless teenage girls.

"What's the point? If there are such weak-spirited people around, are they really worth defending? They'll only pass the same pussy values they espouse to their children. Right, Karma?"

What a grave she had dug herself into.

Arianna Landis

"You have really good points," Haley admitted, her face stuck to a smile. "Would it change your mind if I mentioned that I have copies of both of your questionnaires? Or that Danielle is bullying my poor friend Katelynn and I would really appreciate the help. Only because I wouldn't mind posting the rumor that you fucked a black man at fourteen. Or maybe I should make something up? Something from someone else's list... Like, oh, maybe you've always been gay or wanted to be a boy..."

"Do you want to get your ass beat?" Leanne jumped out of her chair. It was kinda predictable. No, it was predictable.

"Hey, hey, I've got the dirt on you too, you know. Sewing's an old lady hobby, you know?" With a wry smile, she pulled out her phone, pretending the firestorm in front of her didn't exist.

"That's it, I'll—”

"Post this all to the school board? MMS everyone I have on my contacts list? Please, I have everything under control. You help me keep the other snoops off your back, I'll keep this under wraps /and/ make sure nobody else gets it. Perry and Debussy have been working on the list for a while, but I conveniently took yours out of the stacks of files. For now, at least. Care to reconsider?"

"Fuck. It's not like we're popular, so it doesn't matter. Right, Arianna?"

"Maybe I can rig your grades? Mind failing as a second semester surprise?" She sat down and made the thinker pose, her breakfast tray clattering on the table. There wasn't much on it, admittedly, so you could probably assume her thin constitution had to do with starvation.

Leanne sighed, her fists curled up tight. You were her Jiminy Cricket, someone to reel her back from punching a freshman's face in on the first day back from break.

What an important job you had.
    Last edited by Katie; June 14th, 2014 at 04:52 AM.

Blog Entries

Myriam Ward (Daiki)

My expression doesn't change as I consider the graffiti. The large-scale manhood looks surprisingly realistic. So detailed that one could assume that the artist had just drawn is own johnson. Well, if they happened to be a male.

Quote Originally Posted by ???
    Mind if I get a light? Need to relax.
    Her voice forces me to look at her. She actually doesn't look bad, pretty good in fact, although I don't like her gaze. Girl looks familiar somewhat but, for the life of me, I couldn't remember the face of classmates, let alone their name. Unless they were close to me or peeps to be wary of, I just wouldn't give a damn about the students.

Still, she was part of those I belong too, the delinquent faction. 'course, it ain't like there is actually anything that bond us together. People usually stay in their own group after all. There may even have some tensions between us. However, we tend to scratch each other's back whenever. Otherwise, it would be even more difficult for us to survive with the goddamn rules established in this stupid boarding school. Doesn't mean we ought to be friendly but, no need to start shit for no reason and thus, no need to tell her to fuck off. For now.

With my usual, moody face, I catch the extra gasper sitting on my ear, retrieve the lighter shaped after a pen in my bag and offer them to her.

"Knock yourself out."

My attention span running out, I fumble in my pocket and whip out my cellphone. Aiming it at the giant dong, I take a picture. A quick search and I find the number of the person I'm looking for, only remnant of what I, once, considered a relationship of thrust.

>Wrinkled Cunt (Leanne)

With a slight grin of satisfaction, I valid the attachment to the blank message and hit the send button. Then, I throw a glance at the artist beside me.

"Decided it would be a waste not to share with such a cock holder. Hope you don't mind."
    Last edited by Daiki; June 14th, 2014 at 06:07 AM.

Karma Tenavore
    Morning

Once I make it to the bookself, my mind quickly calms itself down as I'm sidetracked by the various novels. As I idly skim the various titles for something of interest, I hear a small commotion behind me.

"Oi, Melina. Knock it off."
    "She's already retreating with her bitch-tail between her legs. She's got less of a spine than a single celled organism. You're wasting your white knight bullshit on trash like her. What's the point? If there are such weak-spirited people around, are they really worth defending? They'll only pass the same pussy values they espouse to their children. Right, Karma?"
    I tilted my head slightly as my finger stopped along a rather thick book titled The Hidden Life of Marine Reptiles: From Cradle to Grave (2008).This seems like it could be kinda interesting, I thought as I began to slide it out of the shelf. As I did, I spoke out loud.

"You should save your breath, Richardson. Replying to people like her is a waste of good oxygen. Just ignore them and let them live out their lives alone."

And then let them die, unloved and unmourned. Ah, that was close, that was close. I almost spoke that part out loud. To be honest, there was a lot more that I could say, but I think it was best to keep a measured response. To not go too far.

It's important to not stoop down to her level, after all, I thought as I opened up the book.
    Last edited by Tangerang; June 14th, 2014 at 04:58 PM.

Blog Entries
    Mary Lee
    January 7th - Morning

It was a nice morning, sunny, and warm for the middle of winter. She liked summer the most out of any season, save for fall, because of all the red on the trees. Summer was warm, and the mornings where she didn't have to go to school and could lie in bed for a little while were the nicest ones. Her long red hair swaying as she tilted her head, Mary watched Danielle chatter on about her new car, her normally cheerful eyes somewhat vacant. It wouldn't be a lie to say she was bored out of her mind.

She glanced over at Brook (or Brookie), her only good friend in this "Crew" - not that she didn't get along with them! They just… had a habit of going on and on about topics she hadn't concerned herself with as much. Mary hadn't talked about boys much lately, or make-up, or cars or the hundred other things they liked to talk about. She just wanted to go somewhere quiet today; even she had her off days. Still, if she had some coffee or something, Mary felt sure she would perk back up!

Serenity: Do you guys want to go out for lunch today?
    Serenity: I think it'd be nice for us to all hang out together, you know?
    Serenity: Doesn't matter where we go, really.
    Serenity: Just need to wait for Danielle to let it all out.
    Her phone buzzed, and Mary quickly read over the texts from Serenity. It looked like she had sent them to Brook too, so Mary gave her a small smile, red eyes cheerful again. Crinkling her nose in an unconscious gesture, Mary sent some texts back, making sure to include Brook as she sent them.

Mary: That sounds great!
    Mary: Do you want to go to Evergreen?
    Mary: They open a little early today, and they have good food~ ^-^

She shifted in her seat a little as she sent the text, thinking of the café a little ways from the school. It was a small place, with some booths, a couple of tables, and a little sitting are in the front with couches and a bookshelf. It had a fireplace too, which was always nice in winter. Her red hair draped over her neck, Mary arched an eyebrow at Brook, her face playful. All they had to do was wait Danielle out now that they had something to do, but she no longer minded waiting for her to finish. After all, even if it was warm for winter, it was still pretty cold outside.

Blog Entries
    Arianna Landis

Blackmail.

Really now. It was almost comical how forward she was with it. Blackmail is something that you'd understand between the mailer and mailee - but you'd never have to say it. She must think that we were awfully concerned about either our grades or about screwing black men.

Not even a clever kind of blackmail. Money - we'll say grades count for it - and sex, apparently the only things in her phone. I almost laughed. She thought she had everything in her pocket. Which she did, except for insurance. What do you do if they say no, Hayley? Oh, of course, you release what you can, but now, then, that's open season. And maybe I want to cause a bit of a scene with a dodgeball not filled with air in PE, or say hi when you're walking back from next vacation - and how much do you think they can do with a broken nose? And dad has to buy you a new phone, oh...

But, no, not good for Leanne. She was trying to get rid of that kind of reputation, after all. (Lot of good it was doing her) I shrugged. "Just as easy to say yes, I suppose." Really easy to say, as it turns out: all I did was move my mouth a bit. "You have my number, right? Text at lunch or whatever, we can talk about doing." I stood, one hand around Leanne and another flicking my orange onto Hayley's tray. "See ya round."

It's hard to frog march with only one arm, but it worked just the same when I tried to get Leanne out of the cafeteria. "Hey, if they're digging up shit on her friend they're digging it up on her. Leverage, options. Good things come to those who wait."

And if not, we can always sew her phone shut with steel wire and a nail gun. Or something appropriately crude, who knows. Like I said: options.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Danielle Richardson

"She's already retreating with her bitch-tail between her legs. She's got less spine than a single-celled organism. You're wasting your white-knight bullshit on trash like her."

It was too early in the morning to put up with horseshit like this.

"What's the point? If there are such weak-spirited people around, are they really worth defending? They'll only pass the same pussy values they espouse to their children. Right, Karma?"

She continued her mindless stream of blathering idiocy and put-downs, it was really quite interesting how annoying she could sound. I heard a quiet voice from behind me as I ground my teeth.

"You should save your breath, Richardson. Replying to people like her is a waste of good oxygen. Just ignore them and let them live out their lives alone."

A part of me agreed, a part of me was tired, and was wearily responding that it was too early in the morning to be bothering with trash like the girl in front of me.

My response to that was to tell it to get its big-girl panties on and strap in, because it's going to get rough.

"If you had an ounce of spine in your body, you wouldn't be here, huddling in a corner, so instead you shoot at a target that won't shoot back, like some miserable little parasite."

I turned to face her fully, "Speaking of parasitism, won't your little Karma talk mean that your kids will also be cowardly wastes of space, bearing in mind that Karma's talking about rebirth and samsara an' all that shit, rather than parent-to-child."

Look, when you can't sleep, you find all sorts of interesting things online, and extra credit never hurts.

I smiled, mostly teeth, "Now howsabout we all be quiet and go back to doing what we were doing and get on with our lives, kay? I got bigger fish to fry than wasting effort on you."