Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2567

Thread: Clearing!! - IC

Regina Deschain
    Evening Phase
    Regulus Academy- Cafeteria

"Oooooo~ Ominous! Not only did you answer my question in full, but you did it in such a way that you fulfilled the criteria while still being super vague! Impressive."

I grinned a bit sheepishly, "I do not wish to be so rude as to completely deny the question, but I apologize for my reticence on the matter."

Still, her aggressive interest in my affairs receeds for the moment, and a moment of peace passes over the table, unbothered by the raucous brawl happening so close.

"Oh, right."

I turn to the girl questioningly, head tilting just a tad.

"I know this may come off as kinda sudden... And sorry if it's a little rude of me to ask. But have you given any thought to the kind of people you'd like to team with during your stay here?"

I blinked, slowly, mulling the question over in my mind.

A-am I being strong-armed into some sort of nefarious romance scheme?

"Um, sorry. Casey has a bad habit of focusing on a single thing once she sets her mind to it. It can make her a little insensitive at times and often causes her to leave out important details."

"Did you just call me insensitive?"

The pink-haired girl smiles like nothing has even passed her ears, and continues.

"You're new, so you probably don't know this, but all students who enroll in the military courses are divided into four man teams. Originally we had no say in the matter, but ever sense Mr. Vincent took over, we've been able to choose our teams before going into our first exercises. That being said, the team you pick is the team you're assigned to as long as you're at this school."

Hum. Well, then it would need a good amount of due consideration, a fair balance of skills in concert with reconcilable personalities and emotions, in addition to any other considerations that may follow.

"But there's just two rules regarding who can be on your team. Easy rules. Simply put, you can't pick anyone who is either part of an established team and you can't pick anyone who is at a star level higher than you."

Star level, I mumbled the words to myself under my breath, some sort of indication of skill or experience?

"Which presents us with a bit of a problem," Abandoning her efforts, the dark-haired girl returns her gaze to me. "You see... While we aren't exactly two star students yet, Lucy and I are still second year students who are already part of an established team. Which means..."

The collective attention fell upon the remaining fellow blonde at the table, "It means we can't take this idiot into our team. And because of the way she is, I worry for her ability to make decent friends and find a good team. So... You know..."

"Of course."

Most people wouldn't be so gung-ho about accepting someone without the slightest bit of thought or consideration.

Those people are not Regina Deschain seeing someone in need.

It was a request brought before me, and I have no other considerations to mull over, we've already established a bit of a rapport, and, clearly enough, she needs my help.

And that's all that really mattered.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Penny Morricone
    Evening Phase
    Regulus Academy- Bravery Cliffs

"With all due respect ma'am, don't like walkin' where I don't hear the ground crunchin' and my boot squeakin'. But thanks anyway." With her free hand Penny tipped her hat, currently trying her best to look as dignified as she could with her feet dangling in the air. "You know what they say, there's two kinds of people. Those that shoot, and those that carry."

The dragon seemed unimpressed by her sticky ammunition, the impact of the shot having caused far more havoc than the actual use of the round.

"Go a bit lower. Don't mind if you can't hold steady, this ain't my first rodeo."

Still, it had to be possible to get this thing to stop flying. Aerial combat wasn't going to work out for her. Even if lil' ice queen over here was able to defrost enough to let her get eaten, that thing was more suitable to flying that she ever could be. And if it was to be brought down, that would have to happen literally.

"You know, speaking of rodeo, this might be a lil' insensitive and all, but you know anything 'bout bullfighting? Just imagine me being the towel or whatever, and that flyin' Gila over there being our bull. All I need is you to pull me to the side when it's coming right at us. As fast and far as you can. Don't think it turns fast enough so I should have a second...maybe less...but not like a need a whole lot."

The girl starts fiddling with her revolver. After sowing a bit of storm it was time to reap the whirlwind.

"Oh, you got a fine belt in you, hoss. Already feelin' it."
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Gawain Abbywood
    Evening Phase
    Regulus Academy- Dormitory C

Striding forward into the room that I will be spending the rest of the time I will be wasting at this school where they assigned me in some fit of insanity. Yes that’s the only way to describe their actions; I have demonstrated multiple times that I am more than capable of matching my siblings and even the newer generation. I have overcome the defects in regards to magic, I have overcome this so called lack of aptitude and I have never succumbed to the pain of my body. It does not serve to hinder my actions in any sort of way all it does is serve as proof that I am alive and as long as I am alive I will never bend or break. I am the sword of humanity I shall only leave the enemies in front of me broken and burnt until not even ashes remain. I will leave no spawn alive and I will never fail.

So, so WHY CAN’T THEY UNDERSTAND.

Damn them and their excuses if they were going to bother with these insults they should at least tell me the real reasons instead of hiding behind those words.

I hate this school and I am beginning to think that everyone in it will be equally as obnoxious. I had thought that there could be a few people in this place that might not be quiet so unbearable, I had thought this girl might have been one of them.

IT APPEARS I WAS WRONG.

I was to slow to react because of that lapse in judgement but it is in the end more minor than an ignorant bystander would assume.

“Do you think that little attack will stop me? I have had enough of these obnoxious little sneak attacks that you and she seem to favor.”

Standing there against the wall I can only feel my anger burn, does she really think something like that will hinder me?

Useless, useless, useless, USELESS.

Something like that will never stop or even hinder me, I feel more pain just by breathing, I have not broken from far greater attacks. Something like this will never work on me so all you have accomplished is getting me more angry.

I loosen the restraint on my magic and ignite the flame.

A burning strength begins to flow through my body as heat begins to pour outwards and wisps of flame burn back her hands.

I can feel the pain mount as my life is consumed and my soul begins to burn to fuel my magic but I don’t care, I just don’t care.

I was defective from the start but I will not let that bar me from my missions.

The wall begins to melt away as my flames consume all it touches, a flame that mirrors my emotions.

I have had enough of this farce, I have had enough of these stupid actions, I have had enough of both of their yapping, I have had enough of-

“No…”

A whisper of disbelief, whole hearted denial of everything as something is placed in front of him.

No.

No.

No, no, no, no, no, no, nonononononononononono.

NO.

Fists clenched until muscles spasmed, teeth clenched and ground until gums seeped bleed and nerves screamed and a mind twisted in pain as it tried to overcome what lay in front of it as a soul burned away ever brighter than before.

Unacceptable, intolerable, impossible, denied, and completely WRONG, every possible denial crosses my mind as anger overloads everything.

I will not fail, I will not fail, I will not fail, I will not fail at something so basic, something that I’ve studied so much before coming here to prevent any possibility such as this from EVER HAPPENING.

I, I can’t, I, no, wrong, not happening, refused, no, not like, its, NO, no, nonononononononono NO.

Thoughts begin to breakdown as memories riding a tide of drowning emotions consume the mind. Flashbacks of every little thing play out, a useless thing, born defective and unable to complete its purpose, A weapon whose only worth would be being used as a study to refine their techniques and to prevent them from wasting more of their resources by having their previous creations turn out to be such abysmal failures, a thing that screamed out in denial of the fate it was born to, again and again clawing itself forward to gain some sort of victory, some sort of proof or fulfillment. Denied the magic that it was supposed to possess it tore down the barriers through overpowering will and reckless abandon to kindle a burning torch out of its soul, denied the strength and skill expected of it it carved strength into its bones and stood up time and time again until its opponents had broken themselves on its will. A wish turned to determination and then into obsession it could never rest until the enemies who lay in front of it lay dead, it could never be allowed to or ever accept failure.

No matter how small or great all failings weren’t something it could accept and to the young one who always strove forward to and so dreamed of a battlefield where armed with the flames that had once been denied it could find its peace.

Forever forward to war, forever forward to meaning, it was the only thing it had known, and the only thing it desired, the only thing it really understood.

“Don’t…

don’t, don’t, don’t, don’t, DON’T SCREW WITH ME!”

Quivering words escape through clenched teeth as power pulses uncontrollably. A hand clamped over his mouth with a grip so tight it clawed through the skin and into the flesh beneath, the second wrapped into a grip for its side, both attempts to hold himself back. A final attempt at restraint but even that soon fails him as emotions fuel a fire that burns its way through.

The wrath of a turbulent sun is unleashed as a wave of scorching heat and consuming fire fills the space in less than a moment. A storm as brief as it is powerful, transient like a firework but destructive, a flame that fueled by emotions and desperate desire erased a mark of failure while leaving everything else rather unaffected. Room number plates and the offending papers disappeared completely while leaving the rest.

“A… trick …not, must be something… so… its there, why… why is it always… Kuugha.”

My head pounding as my vision begins to swim; I choke out words that dissolve into a coughing fit as my throat now scorched dry is unable to handle it. Trying unseize my muscles I repeatedly open and close my fist in an effort to relax. A painful body and now I can once again feel the twisting of my soul, a pain that I can endure no matter how much it is it is not something I fear, no the only thing I fear is the emptiness that eventually follows.

Still trying to ease my cramped muscles and sore throat I still can only glare at the two girls in front of me.

“…”

A silence that deepens until I am finally able to break it I open my mouth to say the words but in the end I can’t I will not be alone in this, closing my mouth to then reopen it I can only say something else through newly clenched teeth in the end.

“I… I’m.

Kuh, If you are going to keep that fighting spirit midget than know that I am through being merciful and holding back my blows if you want to fight so badly than prepare to have those thoughts burn along with the rest of you body.”

Flames still circling my body I prepare for her answer, if she is really so eager to fight then it is time to return the favor and bring my own attacks to bear with my full strength.

Blog Entries
    Amy Collins
    Evening Phase
    Regulus Academy- Dormitory A

Before you can even finish your thought, you soon realize that two arms have caged you in. While you were busy contemplating your own appeal, Joshua leaped forward and pulled you into her embrace. She squeezes you- vigorously nuzzling your face with her own. All the while humming with obvious content.

"Oooooooooo~! You're just so freaking adorable!" Joshua squeezes you even tighter. You can hear something pop... "I can't believe how lucky I am to have gotten a room next to such a cute kid!"

It doesn't seem like she intends to let you go any time soon. ...And how is it that her hug is getting even stronger!?

After a solid minute of hugging, praise, and... 'awkward rubbing', you finally build up the nerve to say "Maybe you could ease up on the huggles." But before you can get the words out, Joshua suddenly lets go and snaps you forward. Hands firmly placed on your shoulders, she gives you a big smile. Her eyes sparkle with hope.

"Hey, hey! Have you given any thought to who you're gonna team up with for the school year? Oh, shoot-! Do you even know about the whole student team-up thing? I guess I should have asked that first..."

You're quickly getting caught up in this girl's pace. Not that you necessarily mind. It's definitely a bit of an improvement over what you just experienced. Although... You get the feeling that spending long periods of time around this person might prove a bit of a challenge.

"Aaanywhoo... I was thinking that if you didn't have anyone to team up with, maybe you'd like to pall around with little ol' me~"

She didn't even wait for you to respond to the first question...

"Jeez, Josh..."

At the tail-end of Joshua's words, an mildly irritated voice comes out of the room behind her. Immediately after, another girl steps through the doorway and looks at her roommate with exasperation. It's clear that she was ready to make a comment about all the noise, but that seems to change when she lays her eyes on you.

"Oh right," You can't help but notice a dip in energy as Joshua turns around, "I forgot to introduce you to my roomie. Amy, meet Chris~ Chris, meet Amy."

The silver-haired girl goes through the motions of introducing the two of you- complete with hand gestures. But as soon as that little formality is out of the way, Joshua faces her roommate and buffs her chest out with a bit of pride.

"By the way. I got a nickname. Call me Silv-"

"Yeah, yeah. That's cute," Joshua is immediately silenced by a hand to the face (which is immediately used to push her to the side).

Stepping forward, Chris seems to size you up before giving you a warm, almost sister-like smile.

"Name's Christina. But everyone calls me Chris," She introduces herself casually while looking over your shoulder at the open door, "I take it you're Hitomi's roommate then...? Feel sorry for ya there..."
    "I promise nothing." - Sei "Kanra" Slayers
    Resident Sadist. Enjoys stepping and sitting on people.
    Avid lover of butts and anime.

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Amy Collins
    Evening Phase

Hugs were a sign of affection!

While the feeling of bones getting closer and closer to their breaking point wasn't something I would call enjoyable, I am able to find a bit of solace in the fact that Joshua at least seems sincerely friendly-! Of course, I'm not exactly used to going from introductions to cuddling, and I think I've become a bit more intimate with her body from her own actions than that of any other person I've ever met, but-!

She thought I was cute, so I could deal-!

She was just a bit aggressive with her friendship, that's all-!

Although sis had said something about people like this, what was it again, that they were-

"Eh? Team-ups? Students? Me?!"

-Something.

They were something.

Having been shaken far beyond the points of normalcy, my dizzy mind takes a second to catch up with everything else as another person emerges from the room next door, the roommate...

Who promptly pushes Joshua away by the face.

Very physical these two-!

AND

"Hitomi? Ah, yes, I suppose-!"

THEY KNEW HER NAME.

FINALLY.

Ah, looks like I lost control for a second; bubbling inside with newfound energy, it takes me a second to realize yet another person is implying that my roommate is kind of awful-!

"Well, she's not the nicest, but she read me a story and gave me what I'm almost positive were her leftovers, so she's not all bad."

Beaming at the new girl, this Chris, my ecstatic grin is probably a bit too passionate for my own good.

"Sooo," drawing out the word with a smile, I tilt my head slightly to the side, eyes flickering from Chris to Joshua for a moment, "What's all this about student team ups?"

If it was in the paperwork we had had to sign...

I apparently hadn't read it-!
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Blog Entries
    Hanazawa Renko
    Evening Phase
    Regulus Academy - Dormitory A

This box won’t delude me. No matter how adorable she is, I have been wronged. So many people saw everything of mine and I can’t I can’t I can’t STAND IT.

Steel your will. Vengeance is at hand. Revenge is yours if you seize it. All this pain, all this anguish can be delivered in one, liberating blow. You’re strong. You’re super duper strong and you can definitely make up for any humiliation you’ve suffered.

I tear that box open.

“APOLOGIZE!”

Blog Entries
    Hanazawa Renko
    Evening Phase

Your hand is swift. Your mind is steel. You actions just-!

Without so much as a warning, you attack the box with an iron grip. Fingers easily tear into the cardboard exterior and -with a curl and a pull- your hands make quick work of the feeble defense. Rip. Tear. Shred. Your revenge is orchestrated by the satisfying sounds of box destruction.

"...!!!"

But the box stirs.

Like a startled beast, it jolts once it realizes its being attacked. The box tries to inch backwards, but you won't let it escape! Your hand quickly moves to tear another chunk out of the thin shield, however...

"Ji ji ji ji-!!!"

That same voice from before rises from the paper confines.

Your fingers skillfully pull back another flap of cardboard and...

"Muda muda muda muda muda-!!"

The cardboard is just as quickly pulled back from your very finger tips!

It happens so fast that you have trouble recognizing what just happened, but there's no doubt about it. The second you tore the box, a hand reached out from inside and pulled back the tear with amazing precision and accuracy! You quickly move to tear back another piece, but the same thing happens. Just as you tear the box back, the panty raider pulls it back into place! You even see little bits of glue oozing up out of the cracks!

"Ja ja ja ja ja ja-!!!"

She's strong-! Not strong in the sense of being a fighter or anything... But she's strong in the sense that she refuses to leave her stupid cardboard box!

But you won't be defeated by something like this. Something this utterly stupid. You've had your fun, but now that the culprit is putting up an actual fight, you have no choice but to use the stronger tactic. Lifting the box...

It's a simple shift. Feinting another clawing motion, your hands easily move in for the kill once the girl's hand moves to counter. You grab the sides of the box, lift it up, and toss it straight over your head before the person inside even has time to react. It's a decisive victory...

"..."

With the box out of the way, you're finally able to get a good look at the culprit. Sitting there on her knees... Baffled, panicked... Arms helplessly frozen in the air from trying to save her box... Honestly speaking... she's kind of cute.... B-But that's not what's important right now! What's important right now is exacting your own justice!

But...

"UWOOOOOOOOOOOOO-!!"

Before you can decide on what to do next, the passionate cries of all the boys in the hall scrambles your thoughts.

You're practically paralyzed. Not by the boys, of course. But... Because the girl, obviously working through some issues without the safety of her box, panics and does something unthinkable. You can only assume she was looking for some new place to hide. Some new place to hide her face from view. And, unfortunately for you, that place just so happened to be under your skirt...

"...~"

You can even feel her breath a sigh of relief right into you !@$#%...

Blog Entries
    Roy Baines, FBI (Get it?)
    Evening Phase

Ah... The flames of youth. How strongly they burn. How quick they are to rise up from the mere heat of a man's passion... If only man were smart enough to properly harness this power. There would be no need for weapons. There would be no need for suffering. There would only be a shared understanding of this deeply felt emotion that resides within all men across the world. Truly, such a world would be beautiful...

At least, that's what you try to tell yourself as you slowly burn to death because of your uncontrollable libido.

"Hey, what's up with that kid? Why's his arm on fire?"

"Did someone play a prank on him?"

"Nah. Obviously it's just magic."

"...That doesn't really explain why his arm is on fire?"

"Uhm. I think it does."

"Shouldn't we help him?"

While you're busy trying to extinguish your arm, you can hear the other students looking on and questioning your behavior. While you're standing there shouting, flailing, and panicking, they're just taking in the site of what can only be described as a clown putting on a show. At the same time, the flames continue to grow in intensity. The heat alone feels like it could melt your skin any minute now.

Warning. The temperature in this area has been designated as abnormally high. The automatic sprinkler system will now activate. Please be advised.

Then, as if to answer your prayers, a message plays over the intercom to tell everyone the sprinklers are being turned on. It almost brings a tear to your eye. But... It pales in comparison to what happens next...

The sprinklers do indeed activate; however, they are nothing like any kind of sprinklers you've seen before. No... To call these things sprinklers would be completely underselling them. These things are practically hosing down everyone in the hall!

"KYAAAAAAAA"

All the girls scream. And rightfully so... Because the moment the "sprinklers" come on, they are drenched instantly from head to toe. And... Naturally... When fabric gets wet... And loves a woman's skin very... VERY much... It's a... It's quite a beautiful time to be alive...

BEAUTIFUL PEAKS AND VALLEYS AS FAR AS THE EYE CAN SEE. A SEA OF GLISTENING SOFT FABRICS GIVING GLIMPSES OF THE GLORIOUS, SOFT, DELICATE SKIN BENEATH! BLESSED BE THE DAY YOU BORN. IT WAS WORTH IT IF ONLY FOR THIS MOMENT!

"Ah... Young Baines."

It's... truly hard to tear your eyes away from the magnificent sight before you, but the deep voice that calls out to you comes as a bit of a shock. You turn to your side, expecting to see a big, hulking man... but you see nothing(?)

"How are you enjoying our school, young Baines?"

And when the voice speaks to you again, you find yourself looking down towards the floor.

"Are you satisfied with your 'special' placement in the all-girls dorm?"

It's a dog...

Blog Entries
    Akiyama Shin
    Evening Phase
    Regulus Academy- Dormitory B

Despite Yuki's insistence, you still feel a bit uncomfortable just letting someone handle all your luggage like this. Setting aside the fact that you're more than capable of dealing with a few bags, you've just met this girl. It just feels wrong to ask something so bothersome of someone else. Not to mention it seems unbefitting of a gentleman.

Finding your balance, you press down on the bed and pick yourself up. They're your belongings, so it's only fitting that you put them up. It'd also help you adjust to your new room. But...

"Whoops!"

Just as soon as you rise, something hits you square in the center of your chest and knocks you back onto the bed.

Yuki, practically clearing half the room in an instant, somehow closed in on you and pushed you back with a single hand. The force alone is a little off-putting. It easily knocks the wind out of you and the sudden fall doesn't really help your current daze. Fortunately, after the initial shock of it all, you're able to regain yourself pretty easily. However, when you look up...

"I told you not to worry about it, buddy. Let good ol' Yukes handle this for ya. Just relaaaaaaax~"

There is no change in her tone. You can't even feel anything malicious in her actions. But... For some reason... Beyond that big smile of hers, you can't help but see a deep, dark, craze in her eyes. It's almost as if she doesn't even see you anymore...

"This won't take me too long."

Ignoring the absurdity of what she just did, Yuki goes back to tending your luggage.

She sets one back on top of her bed and steadily starts to pull out item after item. In no time, she has arranged and sorted the vast majority of your things atop her blanket.

"Umu~ These will look great on the shelf if I set 'em up right."

...Are you even a factor anymore?

You think to stop her; however, every time you catch a glimpse of her creepy expression, you instinctively back down a bit.

Once she's done with your personal items and effects, she seamlessly moves on to your clothes. Quickly pulling them out of your luggage, she begins to sort everything out into a nice pile of shirts, pants, socks, and... your underwear. She even folds it all into nice piles. That being said, you notice that every now and then she would stop to examine an article of clothing before tossing it into a separate pile. The reason being eluding you.

Still...

"Mhmm," Yuki nods approvingly- folding up another shirt and setting it down, "These are nice clothes."

Picking up another pair of pants, Yuki stops again. This time, the pause is much more drawn out and Yuki's gaze becomes increasingly focused. You think it's finally time you speak up and say something, but...

"Mmmmmmmmmm...."

As soon as the thought crosses your mind, Yuki turns slightly away from you and... takes a big whiff of your pants...

"Tsch... Like I thought... Smells like bag..."

Grumbling to herself, Yuki tosses the pair of pants into the extra pile...