Page 11 of 147 FirstFirst ... 6910111213162161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Hollow Ataraxia Translation & Patches

Blog Entries
    Translators are always higher up than non-runers no matter who recruited who.

Is Jack the mascot then?

Quote Originally Posted by Jacktheinfinite101 View Post
    Technically I was the one who internet-hired DA
    When did this happen? We didn't' even meet until I'd been working on this a few months. Though I'm kind of diggin' mascot... careful, a poll will pop up about your title once enough good suggestions are in.

Pai, learn from Jack. Your reactions to your promotions have been substandard!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    つーかぁ is "how should I put it..." right?
    Could you use "hmmmm" instead then?
    つーかぁ is toiuka which I think means toy car?

Quote Originally Posted by Dozenagent View Post
    When did this happen? We didn't' even meet until I'd been working on this a few months. Though I'm kind of diggin' mascot... careful, a poll will pop up about your title once enough good suggestions are in.

Pai, learn from Jack. Your reactions to your promotions have been substandard!
    Yes but you and I were the ones who went together and said "ok Ranmafan's MIA, you fix up the bad TL and I'll patch it", that was when we started our own zombie operation.
    Memorable quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Kinoko Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnlimitedBladeWorks
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

Yes but you and I were the ones who went together and said "ok Ranmafan's MIA, you fix up the bad TL and I'll patch it", that was when we started our own zombie operation.
    Thoroughly avoiding the mascot issue I see...

I want to be promoted to "Victor Frankenstein wanabe" for my efforts to bring to life something that was never living to begin with.
    Memorable quotes

So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

Blog Entries
    Isn't CCC's project being lead by someone who isn't a translator?
    Forget that guy. Reiu will deliver.

Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    "Hell, there's no such a thing as a little sister that's better than her brother."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    I'd put "I mean," if it was me.
    But yeah the main issue is that the translation says the exact opposite of what it actually means?
    Updating line in patch, thanks for catch.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnesiac View Post
    Btw, how do you track the progress if the Entrans page doesn't get updated and how do you find the scenes that still need validation.
    The list is kept on a Wendy's napkin, they tend to have the most white-space. There is also a backup on Excel.
    Most of the editing in general is being done offline, because we have no validation control over entrans. The primary editing passes for most unvalidated scenes are still being done directly on entrans though.

The scenes not currently checked-out are:
    裏マップ-11.ks.po
    裏マップ-07.ks.po
    裏マップ-03.ks.po
    裏マップ-01.ks.po
    衛宮邸・夜マップ-21.ks.po
    街編・2日目-24.ks.po
    街編・2日目-17.ks.po

Isn't CCC's project being lead by someone who isn't a translator?
    That doesn't matter, he's still lower in position to the translators.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    >7 scenes left unchecked
    >it'shappening.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Magos Winter View Post
    >7 scenes left unchecked
    >it'shappening.jpg
    They're long scenes though.
    Memorable quotes

well, it's actually 12 still, we're just using a 'check-out' system, so 5 are in process. Still happening though...

and yes, as Jack said... over 7,000 lines in those left.

7000 lines, huh. That seems to be a lot for a couple of people. I'll try looking through some of those scenes if I get some free time.

Blog Entries
    Translators are like valuable employees to an employer in a company that just cannot grab anyone unskilled from the street to do the job. Even if the head of a project is not a translator, without translators nothing would proceed.

For one, I actually think that if the moonrunereaders got paid for it translations would progress in smoother way.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCaptainKatsura View Post
    Translators are like valuable employees to an employer in a company that just cannot grab anyone unskilled from the street to do the job. Even if the head of a project is not a translator, without translators nothing would proceed.

For one, I actually think that if the moonrunereaders got paid for it translations would progress in smoother way.
    It depends on the interest. In CCC, they asked for help and got 4 rune readers instantly. People tried TLing small bits of CCC and posting it on BL, but it's not the same as making a patch so I'd consider proper game translation projects to be a true merge of man and machine, or rather, tech and runes.
    Memorable quotes

Hello,
    I've been lurking on the translation threads for quite some time, and now that it finally started moving again I started playing HA, figuring that until I reach the unvalidated scenes the next patch will be out. Since I completed around half of it I figured I'd give you guys some feedback on the translation and possible mistakes.
    First of, my japanese is to limited to actually check the jap->en translation, so I only refer to the english and german spelling and grammar.

The english parts have occasional awkwardly worded parts like articles missing or wrong word endings, but they are rather easy to understand, at least compared to what most german higschoolers produce in english lessons.
    So far, the only part that seems completely mistranslated to me is in the "Entry Hall" menu (the one where the pool scenes can be accessed). In this menu, after you have chosen the "with someone" option and choose one of the characters, the lowest button reads "some other place", however if you click it you're brought back to the previous menu and are asked to choose one of the characters again, which is why I think the buttton should be labeled "somebody else" instead of "some other place".

For the german parts goes the same thing as with any type-moon translation (even german ones), meaning completely wrong translations and grammar, but since all translations share those faults i guess the mistakes stem from type-moon and not from the translators.

There is also a spelling mistake in the spell used to lock the Tohsaka mansion, where "Anfang" is written as "Anfung".
    By the way, translating that spell to english would give you something like "beginning of social middle class" which is the kind of completely wrong translation i referred to. Another example would be Illya translating "brewery" as "Weinkellerei" (winecellar) and then saying that her castle does not have one, but has a winecellar. If you should need a german proofreader for the game at some point I wouldn't mind helping out.

Ok, who used "big mother" instead of "big monster" for Berkserker? (5. void Bazeet scene)
    Somebody must've had REALLY huge mommy issues to make Freudian slip like that.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mackus View Post
    Ok, who used "big mother" instead of "big monster" for Berkserker? (5. void Bazeet scene)
    Somebody must've had REALLY huge mommy issues to make Freudian slip like that.
    That's actually slang.

Blog Entries
    You're defending the big mother translation?

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    No I'm just questioning Mackus's skills in psychoanalysis.