Page 3 of 147 FirstFirst 1234581353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Hollow Ataraxia Translation & Patches

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Daiki View Post
    Why should it be you in particular?
    It should definitely be XerBlade, I already have his channel bookmarked and don't want to have to add another one. (Especially not Jack's, I might accidentally see a Sonic video.)

>bookmarked
    >not using YT subscriptions.

PLEB
    Memorable quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Kinoko Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnlimitedBladeWorks
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

Blog Entries
    I don't subscribe to things because I don't like being updated every time somebody adds a new video, or having dumb recommendations shoved in my face for things I don't actually care about that much.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    One time I went to a site that apparently used Youtube to embed windchime sounds in the page and now my recommended videos are all windchimes.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    One time I went to a site that apparently used Youtube to embed windchime sounds in the page and now my recommended videos are all windchimes.
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    SINIB is already a fan of the best whore. Well, she's not a whore per se, but I have it on good authority that she moves like an experienced prostitute.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacktheinfinite101 View Post
    Also if anyone's gonna do a game walkthrough here it's gonna be me.
    Picturing Jack now as Justin Timberlake. Can't unsee.

Blog Entries
    They are worse singers than Justin Timberlake so not too bad for Jack.

>bookmarked
    >not using YT subscriptions.

PLEB
    For some there's also the matter of avoiding tracking.

On my end, Youtube cookies (and most others) are set to be erased after tabs have been closed.
    One must know the path one runs even if the ground underfoot is not as one chooses

I think that a good (longer term) project goal is to unify the writing style of the translation. FSN had the advantage of having one maniac writer more or less do everything. If we can at least have people who go and do the writing for each character than at least they will each sound consistent. The reason I toss in this idea is that a fair share of people lack the skills to contribute to the TL validation, but if we successfully complete a characters translations then we can completely remaster that in parallel to validation, with a larger talent pool. Opinions?
    Also can I hear more about how exactly the scripting works for FHA.
    If people like this idea and I understand enough about the text engine I might be able to make a script to easily batch replace text when we are ready to commit. I'm also not a half bad writer.

Blog Entries
    Whatever it is you're suggesting its silly.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Maybe I just gloss over any discrepancies between different translators' style but whatever patch was out a month ago was fine enough for me to read through.

Edit: Son of a bitch, I really should pay attention to which thread I'm in. Could have sworn this was the RN one.
    Last edited by Trubo; June 30th, 2014 at 12:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maple-tan View Post
    Whatever it is you're suggesting its silly.
    No it's actually something that was in the long term plan for the official project so we should do it here.
    Memorable quotes

So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

Blog Entries
    I literally have no idea what he was trying to recommend if someone could put it into small works for my drunken brain that be nice.

No it's actually something that was in the long term plan for the official project so we should do it here.
    It's still in the plan, albeit very low priority until the remaining 16 or so 'bad' sections left have been fixed up (and fixing up mistakes left in validated scenes).

*Also - editing each character individually would be trouble, it could only really work with monologues. Plus, everything would have to be checked by a translator to make sure the the original point is getting across. We've had lots of edits on entrans where someone would correctly trans something, write it badly, then someone would come along and rewrite it well into something that didn't happen. I think Shirou even had psychic powers rewritten into him at one point.
    Last edited by Dozenagent; June 30th, 2014 at 03:34 AM.

Blog Entries
    Just don't try to add extra features into it like you're doing with RN and I'm fine.

Just don't try to add extra features into it like you're doing with RN and I'm fine.
    I assure you, the main goal is to have Rider not talk like a pirate.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dozenagent View Post
    I assure you, the main goal is to have Rider not talk like a pirate.
    I was referring to all the countless reprogramming and random CG implementing going on. Just a translation is needed, nothing more.

On a side note, Jack, seeing as how you made a new thread thats cuts the need for ranmafan out of the picture you are now officially project supervisor congrats.

Blog Entries
    I was referring to all the countless reprogramming and random CG implementing going on. Just a translation is needed, nothing more.
    How rude, we're working hard trying to make an ultimate RN experience.
    And HA is next when the vita version comes out (or if we won't be able to unpack then a potential future PC release).

Couple things Dallas:
    1. We were talking about making the TL consistent with itself, such as how different translators used different terms.
    2. I already made some bells and whistles for FHA, but they are in separate patches from the main patch, which is just a TL.
    3. I didn't start this thread. Right now DA is looking more like a project manager than me.
    Memorable quotes