Page 96 of 147 FirstFirst ... 4686919495969798101106146 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,920 of 2934

Thread: Fate/Hollow Ataraxia Translation & Patches

Day 2 | Morning | Character not specified(shopping with Rider) | Emiya Residence ->Entry hall -[With Someone] -[With Sakura]-[Go Shopping]:

------It more was like a hellish paradise.

"was more" would be the right order, correct?

Considering that's probably not me specifically narrating, I'd say you might likely be correct.

Disclaimer: there is a high likelihood, although not guaranteed, that I'd have said it like that.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnesiac View Post
    Day 2 | Morning | Character not specified(shopping with Rider) | Emiya Residence ->Entry hall -[With Someone] -[With Sakura]-[Go Shopping]:

------It more was like a hellish paradise.

"was more" would be the right order, correct?
    I would agree with your change. Only context I can think of where the former would be correct is "It, more or less,...." but I doubt that's what the original text was like.

Damn, I've been following this for years. Guess I'll help out QA it.

Okay, weird question: Are you guys introducing new bugs/crashes with the later patches ?
    I'm asking because I've already played all the Quiz Ogre scenes with patch v0.12, and I didn't have the crash reported with patch v0.14

That's normal for software updates, isn't it? You fix one thing, the fix breaks something else. You keep going until the only broken things left are ones no one notices, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by SurferDude View Post
    Okay, weird question: Are you guys introducing new bugs/crashes with the later patches ?
    Updates to software introducing new bugs? I've never heard of such a thing!

QA testers are supposed to make it crash as much as possible. Think of it like flicking the lights on and off so all the roaches scatter and you can throw your shoes at them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamon View Post
    QA testers are supposed to make it crash as much as possible. Think of it like flicking the lights on and off so all the roaches scatter and you can throw your shoes at them.
    That has got to be the best metaphor for that I've ever heard.

Granted, I don't hear very many metaphors for that.

The roaches are the bugs in the code.

Considering the original bugs were actual bugs, and "debugging" was originally a term for going through a system and looking for insects and such to clean out, it kinda ceases to be a metaphor if you just state that one obvious part by itself.
    Last edited by XerBlade; September 29th, 2014 at 04:35 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacktheinfinite101 View Post
    It's kind of a technical issue. We can try but the fitting the text on the scrolls would be problematic. Hey Quibi, if you haven't already, that might be a good place to allocate your work efforts.
    What's the deal?

Quote Originally Posted by XerBlade View Post
    Considering the original bugs were actual bugs, and "debugging" was originally a term for going through a system and looking for insects and such to clean out, it kinda ceases to be a metaphor is you just state that one obvious part by itself.
    I'm not sure how to take that...

I'm not sure how to take that...
    With a thin coat of peppermint oil, slowly easing into your *badabing.badabang.badaboom*
    ~To cop a Heaven's Feel~
    Unlimited Illya Feels

If any of those damn Matou bugs are in play here, then any yaoi ideas you might harbor can fag right off!

Blog Entries
    If any of those damn Matou bugs are in play here, then any yaoi ideas you might harbor can fag right off!
    fag?

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    SINIB is already a fan of the best whore. Well, she's not a whore per se, but I have it on good authority that she moves like an experienced prostitute.

Tiger Dojo Can't Stop Won't Stop Nephirin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Technically in Japanese the top is the spoken part since that's where the kanji readings go, but I'm pretty sure they did it the way they did since furigana isn't really used in English and it seemed more natural for the spoken part to be in-line with the rest of the text and the extra meaning to be up top. Or something. I might be completely wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacktheinfinite101 View Post
    I think you're partly right. In another scene where Avenger talks about Verg Avesta they have the order the other way where the base is "False Copy of Inscribed Creation" and the furigana is "Verg Avesta". It was validated both ways so I suspect due to the open nature of the project, basically some people operated on the logic you suggested, and some just went literal.
    Mm. Given that the convention doesn't exist in English, it seems to me that we really ought to be using the Japanese way of doing it, if only to prevent confusion. Either way that it's done though, it really should be done consistently the same way.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    That's too simple and clear. It definitely can't be the right answer.
    It has to be something that makes no sense at all so we can say that Nasu is wrong.

Yep, Mcjon's assumption is right. FHA should be consistent now with how it's done though, let me know if any were missed.
    *Someone brought this up a while back... I think the term 'bastardization of furigana' was used?

**Thanks for QA finds so far btw, everyone
    Last edited by Dozenagent; September 30th, 2014 at 01:32 AM.

*imagines Matou bugs, yaoi, and sigpic*
    *dies from imaginary orifice intrusion*
    ~To cop a Heaven's Feel~
    Unlimited Illya Feels

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdoom View Post
    fag?
    It's Britty.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.