Page 2 of 371 FirstFirst 123471252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Beast's Lair History

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    Because I was growing too powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Wait, why was the poll forum closed again?
    Because people kept making stupid polls. Not as if that has changed, anwyay.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by My Little Username Can't Be This Long View Post
    There was also the sort of shit storm when I tried to host a melty tourney and a bunch of dudes from the Melty Bread forums decided to come here and sandbag us (not really but there was a bit of a shitstorm when I tried to seperate the melty breaders in their own bracket)
    I still feel bad for them. I lurk meltybread and saw when they first found out about you trying to host a tournament and they were just excited to get a chance to play with people.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Basically the poll forum was a left over from old forum functionality and that was a thorn in DPs side since you could now make polls wherever you wanted anyway.

sadly he did not understand that individual boards attract different users with different frequency and that he deleted something beautiful

also its literally impossible to convince DP that he was wrong about anything ever
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Blog Entries
    It's actually funny hearing about forums being deleted and people getting banned here for spam.
    Most of the posts here are nonsense, you gotta be a real something to bring it to the next level.

But yeah where's the real juicy stuff?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Bittergate wasn't juicy enough for ya?

Oh, come on. It's why everyone thinks every new guy is CV nowadays.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Blog Entries
    How does banning food feel?
    You know how even the tastiest meal or most pleasurable activity gets old if you repeat it enough?

...it's pretty well nothing like that at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Bittergate is probably the juiciest you'll ever get. Runner ups are Mike ban and food's forum suicide.

Blog Entries
    Oh, come on. It's why everyone thinks every new guy is CV nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    Bittergate is probably the juiciest you'll ever get. Runner ups are Mike ban and food's forum suicide.
    Mike? food? do tell!

Blog Entries
    Quibi, Mike got banned eventually after repeated warnings and ultimatum he did not adhere to. To this day, he has from time to time bouts of rants calling Altima and the rest of BL staff fascist while secluded at his own forum.

Blog Entries
    Basically he was friends with an admin which lead a lot of people to believe that no steps were taken against him because of nepotism.

After 7 new mods were made almost exclusively to deal with him and people that heckled him and rules got stricter to actually defuse the ridiculous amount of flaming and flame-baiting the forum had at that time he finally got banned. Cue him calling Altima (the admin in question) a traitor and getting so mad that he made his own forum.

Said forum is basically so much of a joke that it's treated as BL's containment board.

Blog Entries
    It has a not bad RP though, but we made Mike's protege lantzblades quit it so Satoshi is no more there.

Blog Entries
    I'm still mad about that, that was the #1 reason to read the CE-OOC thread.

There is a Beasts Lair Wiki. It does not work.

Blog Entries
    food's forum suicide was a lot less spectacular. He was a moonruner and one of the most active holders of powerlevel knowledge on the forum.

For some reason he wanted to quit the forums (studies, fatigue, idk) and didn't get his ban granted, so he started randomly being a dick to people. Then got banned for it, but permanently.

Now he sockpuppets every now and then, posting lore tidbits that get lost whenever one of his accounts gets deleted.

Blog Entries
    You can still reread archives to mourn Satoshi's departure.

Blog Entries
    People asking for ban have no self discipline. But I guess that's a given if you're on BL with a post count of >1000.
    CE-OOC? Satoshi? Citation required.

Who is the founder of BL? When was it founded? Was it only Tsukihime at the time?
    It's kind of awesome having such a large community of Nasuverse. Heck there are even CV girls in a forum founded on eroge.
    (yeah I'm using BL memes)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Strife212 View Post
    There is a Beasts Lair Wiki. It does not work.
    Another one of the graveyards Milbunk has a habit of setting up.

Or wait you're talking about that one.

I don't think "is" is the word to use there.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Wait, why was the poll forum closed again?
    The Poll forum was deleted due to inactivity. DP claimed that it had the lowest post rate of all the main talkative boards.

What made it worst was that when they trying to port all the threads over to Random Polls it crashed the entire forum and so we don't get any of the old threads that were there. Deleting it also sent everyone's post count crazy. Some people who only posted there <100 times lost 3k posts in there post count among other things.

Anyway, a lot of people were angry.

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    Basically the poll forum was a left over from old forum functionality and that was a thorn in DPs side since you could now make polls wherever you wanted anyway.

sadly he did not understand that individual boards attract different users with different frequency and that he deleted something beautiful

also its literally impossible to convince DP that he was wrong about anything ever
    There was no Poll forum on the old board. We made polls in Events & Gatherings. A user named Shoryuma, who joined in 2006-07, was known as the King of Polls as when he occasionally had the entire front page of Events & Gatherings filled with Polls with him as being the thread creator.

Quote Originally Posted by Quibi View Post

Mike? food? do tell!
    Mike is a user who joined in 2009. He is known for being very hard to argue with. While he would admit he's wrong on some topics, when it came to Sakura he was unbendable. He started gaining a lot more infamy on this forum as he gradually started going to the Fanfic board to claim Sakura was OOC, ask why Shirou wasn't saving her (post Fate/UBW route), etc. in peoples threads. A lot of people took this to be harassment and tried to defend the author(s) and proceeded to get into large multiple page arguments even after the author may have told them to stop. You see at the time, Beasts Lair had very lax rules. You could get away with anything and that's how it was for a long time. Very few people were ever banned. But after a lot of incidents where Mike was able to convince the mods that he wasn't completely at fault the mods came up with a new banning process where if you get a certain amount of warnings it is a definite ban.

CV, along with his friend Randy Hamblast, as well as his puppet Bittersweet: Was a User who joined in 2012. Mostly posted in the other GD and Seventh. Was very chaotic. Made a thread about making food only for when others started he wanted them to leave and even began reporting their posts or something? Anyway yeah, he claimed his worst thread which was asking who was Christian on this forum only to get tons of PMs asking if he was racist or something. Kinda like Mike was found to be very naturally harassing. But since he was obviously a troll he could get away with it. Was eventually banned for some minor incident or something.

Randy Hamblast was his friend who joined slightly after he got banned or slightly before. He continued CV's legacy of posting tons of food threads as well as linking to these weird videos of CV(?) making food. I actually thought he was CV but DP assured me that he really wasn't. He had very little Nasuverse knowledge and almost exclusively in Seventh. I think he also got banned for some minor thing.

Bittersweet was a sockpuppet CV made two-three months before he was banned. It went undiscovered for almost exactly a year. Posted in a lot of boards and had several thousand posts. So it was pretty unsuspecting. A lot of people were involved in keeping it undiscovered, for instance, 'Bittersweet' visited Mcjon and posted from said IP, which was just Mcjon logging into the Bittersweet account among other things. Among other people that knew about it was Frantic, Leo (who was a mod), RR121, Kyte, Mcjon, Spinach, I3, and RR121 (and Kotonoha who figured it out herself after arguing with Bittersweet in the Special Hell thread). Thread is here. Funnily enough, they actually embraced the idea that Bittersweet was CV as it was undermining the credibility of the idea as it became more of a joke. Anyway, CV was intending to do a great reveal as Bittersweet on the 1 year anniversary of BS' joining of the forum. However a month or two before Kyte got into an argument with Frantic and proceeded to send logs and screenshots of the entire situation to DP. Cue Bittersweet getting banned, Leo having his mod status revoked and being banned for a month, Mcjon getting banned for a month, and everyone else getting warnings.

Notable mention: Nahash. I will write a post concerning him whenever.
    The Hall of Selected Cruor Praise
    Oh right.

GLORIOUS CRUOR SENPAI RECOMMENDED THIS TO ME HE IS THE BEST USER EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    1. Your favourite character and why.
    Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    If only people praised me as much as they praise you, Cruor-sama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Cruor is very nice

Blog Entries
    Correction I called Bitersweet CV before I knew it.

I kept telling people that she's CV, nobody believed me and then CV told me that he was her and that I should stop doing that at every corner. (and i still get warned for not telling people, this is true injustice)

Also you can't talk about CV without brining up the CV shuffle, that must have been legitimately the greatest act of trolling in BL history.