Thread: Seeking any idle VN patchers!

Seeking any idle VN patchers!

So I'm a (moderately) avid fan of Visual Novels, and I've read a fair number of them and would really like to spread the joy that they bring me to all my friends.

Now that being said, not all of my friends take too kindly to the idea of playing "Hentai games", despite all of the ones I've bothered finishing having amazing story lines regardless of the H-scenes.

There are some good ones with Nudity-free patches/15+ versions already released (some examples: Tsukihime, Fate/Stay Night, Kagetsu Tohya, G-Senjou no Maou) but I want to be able to share even more than these. I know that there is a slew of talented people on this forum, a fair number of which could easily produce a patch that lowers the age rating of these games to at least 16+.

If I knew how to code/edit VNs or whatever, trust me I'd do it myself (I can't imagine replacing HCGs with black screens to be all that difficult honestly) but alas I don't so I've turned to you guys. If any of you promising individuals want to let a brother share the joy brought by Grisaia no Kajitsu before its (99% likely) horrible anime adaptation comes, then I beg of you, lend me your strength! I know this is a selfish thing to ask someone to take time out of their life to do but hey, nothing ventured nothing gained right? And who knows maybe one of you can link me somewhere I can learn to do it myself.

Anyway this has gone on long enough. Here's Yumiko.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sakaki.Yumiko.full.1004162.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	49.7 KB 
ID:	10657  
    Regardless of how many questions of mine you've already answered, I probably have more questions. Yeah.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'd recommend reaching out to gamecreater16.

Blog Entries
    You refuse mosaics? Are you crazy, it would be like seeing hentai pictures!!

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hacking difficulty changes a lot with VN engine, just ask the people that tried to insert translations into rGUP games.

Your best bet is trying to contact the original translators of the respective projects rather than hoping that somebody learns to dance with a strange new engine from the scratch.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    Your best bet is trying to contact the original translators of the respective projects rather than hoping that somebody learns to dance with a strange new engine from the scratch.
    That was my first attempt, sadly Koestl (The guy who was in charge of Grisaia no Kajitsu) got hired for official translations so he's a tad busy these days, but maybe I should see if any of the other team members can help.
    Regardless of how many questions of mine you've already answered, I probably have more questions. Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    I don't think Kikiriki would work for Grisaia, as all the extensions in its archive files are .INT files, not xp3. Then again, I could be wrong.

*Update*
    Yeah as i thought, I tried it and when i tried to open the image.int file it just gave me xp3 ja nai and whatnot.
    Last edited by Kam-Kun; July 1st, 2014 at 07:32 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I know Nagato answers a lot of questions on hacking (and has even done a lot of random things for other projects and made a lot of the hacking tools).
    The Hall of Selected Cruor Praise
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Oh right.

GLORIOUS CRUOR SENPAI RECOMMENDED THIS TO ME HE IS THE BEST USER EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    1. Your favourite character and why.
    Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    If only people praised me as much as they praise you, Cruor-sama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Cruor is very nice

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kam-Kun View Post
    That was my first attempt, sadly Koestl (The guy who was in charge of Grisaia no Kajitsu) got hired for official translations so he's a tad busy these days, but maybe I should see if any of the other team members can help.
    Looks like this Doddler guy was the one responsible for most of the engine hacking anyway. From a quick Google search, at least.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    More importantly someone tell me how to hack Liarsoft's RScript. Uh, no reason.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    More importantly someone tell me how to hack Liarsoft's RScript. Uh, no reason.
    Get an axe

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    SINIB is already a fan of the best whore. Well, she's not a whore per se, but I have it on good authority that she moves like an experienced prostitute.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I have a bunch of decryption tools lying around in my VN folder.

susie32
    xp3tools
    CrassUI

I don't even remember what I used them for so I'm not sure what they work with, but maybe worth checking out.
    Last edited by Petrikow; July 2nd, 2014 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    I know Nagato answers a lot of questions on hacking (and has even done a lot of random things for other projects and made a lot of the hacking tools).
    Who is this Nagato you speak of and where can I find him

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Head of Amaterasu Translations. He's the channel owner of #ammy where he usually is.
    The Hall of Selected Cruor Praise
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Oh right.

GLORIOUS CRUOR SENPAI RECOMMENDED THIS TO ME HE IS THE BEST USER EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    1. Your favourite character and why.
    Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    If only people praised me as much as they praise you, Cruor-sama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Cruor is very nice