Thread: Fan Expo Canada

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Fan Expo Canada

It's a convention in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, which I've attended on and off since 2000 - and despite its long-running status, I don't think I've ever seen a thread for it here.

Regardless, this year it runs from August 28 - 31. I plan to attend again this year (from the 29th on), and I know that Elf and RoadBuster have, in times past - is anybody else from here planning to go?
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I plan to, but I might reneg. That price tag is steep for a one day pass, not to mention the huge wait line. And a weekend pass is even more ridiculous, considering I'd only be there one day.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Blehhhhhhhhh Toronto.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Still better than Hamilton...

Cute Boy Who Likes To Show Off Nacho the Doritosedge's Avatar
    will be going to convention in montreal, quebec instead

And I make it a rule to only go to one con a year, it's all I need for my yearly neckbeard requirements. Any more and I might OD

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'd probably only go to Anime North, except for the fact Fan Expo has a ton of comics stuff that I want to get a hold of, the most prominent being some loose issues I'm missing and aren't at my LCS. And I'm going to one in Hamilton (ConBravo) in a few weeks, because like a train wreck, I just have to watch and see what happens (and It's close and dirt cheap).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    I'd probably only go to Anime North, except for the fact Fan Expo has a ton of comics stuff that I want to get a hold of, the most prominent being some loose issues I'm missing and aren't at my LCS. And I'm going to one in Hamilton (ConBravo) in a few weeks, because like a train wreck, I just have to watch and see what happens (and It's close and dirt cheap).
    *Twitch* After the last time I was at Anime North, I made a solemn vow - never again. Elf still feels bad about that, even though it was half my fault, and the rest of it bad luck . . . *Shakes head* But while it's even kind of funny in retrospect, at the time it was bad enough that never again.

Still, I'd be interested in meeting up with you, if you're interested, and if we can arrange it somehow. Hard to do, I admit - this is the only time of the year I wish I had a cell phone.

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    Man, I'd love to, considering that both Bruce Campbell and Nathan Fillion are going to be there. However we can't afford to make it sadly.

Even though, man Ash and Cap'n Mal together in the same room . . .

https://www.amazon.com/-/es/Jennifer...language=en_US

Forest is a vampire who's a bit too good for her own good and doesn't know when to leave things alone. Armed with a ridiculously large hand gun, martial arts skills, a bitching pony car, and a love for pop culture she fights the forces of evil. Urban Fantasy 80's Style.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    Elfgasm: The phenomenon that occurs among the general populace whenever a certain user who has been claimed to wear jackboots and is pointy-eared posts an idea or updates and is met with majority approval to the point of near-zeal as a result of said poster's popularity with the writing crowd.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    *Twitch* After the last time I was at Anime North, I made a solemn vow - never again. Elf still feels bad about that, even though it was half my fault, and the rest of it bad luck . . . *Shakes head* But while it's even kind of funny in retrospect, at the time it was bad enough that never again.

Still, I'd be interested in meeting up with you, if you're interested, and if we can arrange it somehow. Hard to do, I admit - this is the only time of the year I wish I had a cell phone.
    What went wrong for this particular event?

Vigilant. Relied Upon. Vigilantia's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Picard, Captain Malcolm Reynolds, Ash (My Boomstick! Ash), Stan Lee, The Doctor, Captain Kirk and Frodo are there.

Damn.......... Shame it's across the country for me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    Man, I'd love to, considering that both Bruce Campbell and Nathan Fillion are going to be there. However we can't afford to make it sadly.

Even though, man Ash and Cap'n Mal together in the same room . . .
    I know - and pity, I would've liked to introduce you to my sister - I think you'd get along.

Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    What went wrong for this particular event?
    This is the vacation where everything that could've gone wrong did - I got lost, wound up walking in the blazing sun (with no hat or sunscreen) for about four hours, only connected with them at the last minute . . . And it didn't get any better the next day, either. I broke my necklace, returned to a city with no power, barely managed to scrape a ride home and avoid walking for another hour in the sun (with luggage, this time).

. . . It was just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    Picard, Captain Malcolm Reynolds, Ash (My Boomstick! Ash), Stan Lee, The Doctor, Captain Kirk and Frodo are there.

Damn.......... Shame it's across the country for me.
    Indeed - maybe next year?
    Last edited by Kieran; July 7th, 2014 at 06:48 AM.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette