Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Evolution, A Pokémon + Fate crossover

Blog Entries

Evolution, A Pokémon + Fate crossover

Hi, guys. What you see here right now is a combination of my two favorite fandoms, and a ton of ideas I can’t seem to get out of my head. I don’t know if I’ll be updating my other collection of oneshots, but that mainly depends on whether I’m bored enough to do so. Anyway, please enjoy.

Golurk
    ゴルーグ

“It flies across the sky at Mach speeds. Removing the seal on its chest makes its internal energy go out of control.”

)------(

Frankenstein’s curiosity was aroused by the new arrival in the Maker’s laboratory.

It was a giant teal golem with grooves running around its body, and a crack on its chest patched up by an object that resembled a belt.

According to the Maker’s mumblings, the statue was shipped here after being found in an ancient temple in a faraway desert land.

According to her advanced homunculus brain (which the Maker was gracious enough to furnish her), such things were called Golurk, and they were used by the ancient peoples to guard their landmarks.

Of course, intelligence on hand always pales in comparison to the knowledge obtained on the field, so when the Maker left his lab (a rare occurrence), Frankenstein took her time to explore this new being.

She circled it like a falcon, inspecting every nook and cranny of the golem’s form. She did not notice that the golem’s head followed her.

By the time she reached the Golurk’s front again, it held out its hand to her. Alarmed, Frankenstein backed away, but when she sensed that there was no danger, she reciprocated the gesture, placing both her hands inside the massive palm.

A low, rumbling noise like the tumbling of rocks emanated from Golurk, which Frankenstein interpreted as a sign of enjoyment.

She was right.

)------(

Frankenstein screamed when the Maker began to tear her apart.

“The foot is connected to the leg, the leg is connected to the knee, the knee is connected to the thigh…”

After that, she was unceremoniously thrown away in the darkest corners of the Maker’s castle. There she screamed, even as her body was taken apart, for every appendage was still living, still her.

Then, after what seemed to be an eternity, someone came to end her suffering.

Golurk.

Although it took another eternity to rebuild her (rebuilding a homunculus from scrap does not take kindly to large hands), Frankenstein stood once again.

Now, there was only one thing left on her mind: revenge.

)------(

They held hands for the last time amid the freshly fallen snow of the Arctic.

Frankenstein, atop Golurk, ruthlessly chased the Maker through hill and dale, killing all who had relations with him: his family, his friends and fellow academics, and even his fiancée.

Their journey ended when the Maker had the last laugh, as he died because of his own growing insanity, and not because of Frankenstein’s hammer.

Before coming here, Golurk was made to gather firewood from the cold pine forests for purposes that were then unknown to it.

But now, it fully understood. In chasing after her maker, the girl clutched at any straw she could find. But now, with her only reason for existence gone, she was out of straw.

Golurk have very long lifespans, powered by the mysterious energy used to create them thousands of years ago. This one, like all others, remembered everything from the day of its creation as a Golett, to its eventual upgrade as a Golurk, up until the present.

But until now, it had never seen a bigger fire than the one it currently bore witness to, or a warmer, clearer heart than the being that burned at its center.

Pokémon: Golurk L54
    Nickname: N/A
    OT: Frankenstein
    Hardy, with good endurance
    Last edited by Nuclear; July 4th, 2014 at 08:30 AM.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    atop her trusty Golurk steed
    This is hackneyed. The moment I read this, I burst out laughing and watch my immersion fall to the floor and shatter.

Other than that, interesting enough. Frankie and Golurk as a team, with Frankie deciding to torch herself instead of freezing herself in the Arctic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Death by fire does follow the original book, as I recall - it's been a while.

I'm a good decade behind on Pokémon (or close enough), but it's cute, nevertheless.
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    Pokemon Pokemon Pokemon
    Let's do this.

Here's hoping there's a Honedge/Doublade/Aegislash for Shirou/Archer. Or Pawniard/Bisharp.
    And a Sableye/Carbink for Rin.
    Last edited by Lycodrake; July 2nd, 2014 at 09:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    As of now, I'll be including a small status sheet for the Pokemon in the fic.

Lampent
    ランプラー

“This ominous Pokémon is feared. Through cities it wanders, searching for the spirits of the fallen.”

)------(

It was cold and wet in the streets of Whitechapel, London. It was the middle of the night, which meant that aside from the occasional coach driving by, there was no one to be seen.

Except for one woman.

This particular woman wore a scandalously short skirt and her blouse showed a little of her midriff, and her face was caked with various forms of make-up. It would certainly not take long for a normal person to figure out that she was a whore.

The woman was also drunk, as evidenced by oddly-placed steps and her limp posture. It was something to be expected of whores, really. They, the ragged, dirty ones, who were outcasts in the elegant and refined society of the era, certainly needed some form of escape from their daily lives.

A Lampent disguised as one of the streetlights watched her walk and wobble with growing disinterest. To him, humans were always doing foolish things that hastened the coming of their demise.

Foolish things like walking around in the middle of the night with a serial killer known to target women on the loose.

The Lampent sensed his owner approach, and so he began to do his half of the work. It gently adjusted the heat of its soul-burning flames (which were warm and crackling due to last night’s feeding) to produce a caustic Smog that burned the lungs. His owner was immune to the toxic smoke, of course, having spent nearly her entire lifetime in it.

Speaking of the owner, a small, scantily-clad girl with a head of white hair slowly approached the whore, who was now coughing up a fit.

“Mother…” Her voice came out as a whisper.

The woman turned and shooed Lampent’s owner away. The owner simply held on to the woman’s skirts.

“Git, ya dumb bitch!” the whore spat as she coughed, kicking the owner in the belly. The owner started crying.

“Mother, I…” the owner began, before drawing out one of her knives.

Lampent leapt from his perch and, before the woman could scream, opened the glasslike substance that was his face before allowing his flames to lick her all over, sucking her soul out of her body and using it to fuel Lampent’s flames.

The woman shuddered before finally falling over, her face still contorted with surprise and horror.

While Lampent was busy above, the owner took care of the things below the neck.

“Mother, it’s cold.”

The owner stabbed the corpse’s chest with a serrated knife.

“Mother, I’m scared.”

The owner slit the corpse’s belly with a small scalpel.

“Mother, please take me back.”

The owner took the corpse’s intestines in her bloody hands, nuzzling it, stroking it, splattering the red liquid all over her face like a bizarre form of make-up.

“Mother, I’m sorry.”
    )------(

Lampent watched lazily from a shadowed alley as the streets of Whitechapel now brimmed with people. People who went on with their lives, people who were out on their leisurely strolls, and people who gathered around the eviscerated corpse of a pleasure worker.

The rumor mill started working soon enough, and to the masses, there could only have been one culprit:

Jack the Ripper.

When he heard this, Lampent spun around, laughing to himself. Foolish humans, he thought, the one you seek is a female youngling.

Pokémon: Lampent L43
    Nickname: N/A
    OT: "Jack"
    Naughty and thoroughly cunning

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Well that's a creepy Lampent.

So job well done, then.
    canon finish apo vol 3

Most ghost pokemon are creepy as hell.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

Blog Entries
    And then there's Hypno.
    F/GO SUPPORT

A few of the psychic pokemon are also very creepy. And a good deal of the dark ones, too.

And the least we talk about some bug pokemon, the better *shudders*

Spoiler:
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

Blog Entries
    Hey now, Bug type Pokemon are great.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    I feel that, for a Jack the Ripper-centric snippet, it could have stood to be more visceral.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Blog Entries
    Whoops. Eh, I'm not really a "blood and guts" person. Heck, I'm not even a horror person, so I understand if its feels underwhelming in those departments.

Also, I herd u liek creppy Pokemans.

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    Maybe - but speaking as an arachnophobe, I can understand the attitude.

Not a bad snippet, though. The two are well-matched, creepy as that sounds.
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Not all of them though....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMegas View Post
    Not all of them though....
    If you only like Pokemon types because of competitive stuff, I feel there is something seriously wrong with you. ;n;
    F/GO SUPPORT

If you only like Pokemon types because of competitive stuff, I feel there is something seriously wrong with you. ;n;
    No, I mostly judge them based on if they don't look stupid.

By this criteria, Ledyba is a horrible pokemon

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMegas View Post
    No, I mostly judge them based on if they don't look stupid.
    These, my friends, are the reasons why nobody loves Luvdisc.

Isn't it sad, Luvdisc?

Blog Entries
    Please don't call me an insensitive, heartless bastard for writing this. When I first thought up this fic, I was literally crying over it.

Herdier
    ハーデリア

“This very loyal Pokémon helps Trainers, and it also takes care of other Pokémon.”

)------(

Fiore Forvedge Yggdmillennia’s smile always had a sunny, upbeat quality to it, but not as much as it did now.

“Well, do you like it?” her younger brother, Caules, asked, referring to the sleeping Lillipup resting on her lap.

“Like it? I love it! It’s so adorable and cute and cuddly… Can I please keep her?” Fiore’s eyes grew wide.

Caules laughed. “Of course you can! But Lillipup’s going to be your pet, she should have a name.”

Fiore thought about that for a moment. “Names… hmm, she warm and she’s always happy, so I think I’ll call her ‘Sunshine’.”

Caules smiled one of his rare smiles. “Sunshine it is, then.”

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine

Fiore was sorely taxed from her training when she arrived at Sunshine’s secret home.

When she opened the door, Caules was there, fixing Sunshine’s lunch, but the dog was nowhere to be found.

“Where’s Sunshine?” she asked. Caules opened his mouth to speak, but Sunshine leapt from a pile of old pillows onto her lap, yapping happily at her.

“You know, she likes you more than she likes me. I’m starting to get jealous.” Caules said with a laugh.

As Fiore let Sunshine down to eat her lunch, Caules walked towards her.

“You alright? You look pale.” Caules’ voice was tinged with concern.

Fiore waved her hand dismissively. “I’m fine. Seeing Sunshine happy like that made my stress disappear like an Abra using Teleport.”

“I know a person who can do that, too.”

“Eh? Who?”

Caules smiled one of his rare smiles again. “My big sister.”

You make me happy when skies are gray

Sunshine barked and yapped as she followed the Forvedge siblings on a noonday stroll.

“You taught her a move?”

Caules was instantly on the defensive. “Come on, Fiore. Sunshine’s not going to stay that way forever. Besides, some battling experience would be good for her.”

Fiore’s lips formed a frown. She frowned not just because Caules did things to Sunshine without her permission, but because he was right: Sunshine would not stay the same forever; after all, in this world, change is constant.

Nothing was a better symbol of that change than Sunshine herself, who had just recently evolved into a Herdier.

“Don’t worry. I taught her a good move. It’s called Return.”

Fiore thought about that for a moment. “That’s the move that deals more damage the more the user likes its Trainer, right?”

Caules nodded.

Fiore bit her lip. Was Sunshine ready for this? Was she?

“…Alright. Sunshine, please use Return on that boulder.” She pointed to a rather large rock just beyond their path.

Sunshine sprang from her leisurely pace into full sprint at the boulder, and rammed against it with all her might. Though the boulder did not crumble into dust, it did split in two, a feat which Sunshine was immensely proud of.

Sunshine bounded towards her master, barking happily. Fiore rewarded her by patting her on the head.

“Good girl.”

You’ll never know dear, how much I love you

Fiore dug crescent moons on her palms that night.

The lightning crackled and the thunder roared outside. The rain covered everything in a blanket of freezing water.

Father—no, the Lord Forvedge—was in the great hall, along with his Alakazam.

Sunshine was also with them, squirming in the air, struggling to get free from Alakazam’s psychic powers.

“Who of the two of you,” Lord Forvedge declared, “brought this vermin in our household?”

Fiore held her breath. She wanted to say “it was me”, to say that she was Sunshine’s master, but fear made sure that no words escaped her mouth.

“It was me, sir.” Caules said.

Fiore was shocked. Why would he do this? Wasn’t she the one who wanted to keep Sunshine in the first place? When she looked to her younger brother for answers, he gave her a small smile.

Fiore did not know that that would be the last smile she would see in a while.

Lord Forvedge gave a small “Hmph.”

“Caules, you are to come to my study later this evening. I wish to exchange… words with you.”

Then he raised his hand.

“We of the Forvedge only deal with the Psychic type. As is tradition, all Pokémon that are not of this type are to be evicted from our lands.”

He motioned towards the door, and Alakazam sent Sunshine flying out of those large oaken doors, never to be seen again.

Fiore wanted to cry that night, but no tears came, because if she cried, she would be scolded.

And she wanted no more scolding.

She just wanted her Sunshine.
    Please don’t take my sunshine away.
    Pokemon: Herdier
    Nickname: Sunshine
    OT: Fiore
    Gentle, and capable of taking hits
    Last edited by Nuclear; July 5th, 2014 at 06:52 AM.

Damn... This is why I hate competitive play. I always felt like a scumbag when I have to let go a pokemon because I got too many while breeding. Well, that, and the whole "Certain pokemon shouldn't be used in certain tiers because they are shit in comparison to the pokes of that level"

Eh, I like them too, but the data the pokedex gives about some of them is just... ugh *shudders*

Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Ehh, I didn't feel much.

Maybe because I kept expecting the Herdier to get possessed and explode.
    canon finish apo vol 3