Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Beast's Lair Trainer School - A General Pokemon Information Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Legendaries. Should be. Perfect​.
    But how do you know if your legendary is perfect?

Do you check your Moltres every time you catch it?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Legendaries. Should be. Perfect​.
    THEY'RE PERFECT IN MY HEART
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    tl;dr, EVs, egg moves, movesets, and prediction > perfect IVs

IVs only give you a slight edge. The time you spend breeding for IVs could be used practicing battling.
    In what universe is battling more fun than creating and curating a museum of perfect bioweapons that you never intend to use?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheMegas View Post
    But how do you know if your legendary is perfect?

Do you check your Moltres every time you catch it?
    Yes.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    In what universe is battling more fun than creating and curating a museum of perfect bioweapons that you never intend to use?
    Some of them.

Though tbh, I actually breed because I like having a bunch of pokes that I can technically call competitive. Then I arrange them in my boxes by color to be visually pleasing, and never actually battle with them.

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Blog Entries
    McJon knows. Nothing feels better than having your own private army of shining bioweapons ready to inflict pain upon your opponents, with nicknames such as 'Mr. Snuggles' or 'Pirouette'.

The nicknames are so that every time they hear their name, the humilliation will make them go even more berserk.
    [22:42] <Leo> look it's not our fault we can function properly with a cock in our mouthes

Blog Entries
    Then I arrange them in my boxes by color to be visually pleasing, and never actually battle with them.
    Why do you bother making their prison pretty?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Pretty things are pretty.

- - - Updated - - -

I like things that are pretty.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Daiki View Post
    You already get to train your EVs like you want. And now people are asking for perfect IVs.

In my time, you would spent hours looking for the right pokemon you wanted and then couldn't capture it because your batteries betrayed you with the worst timing.

In my time, there weren't IVs.
    Last edited by Artee; July 3rd, 2014 at 11:57 PM.

Once GS rolled out, I strove to only own boy pokemon because ew girls.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    Once GS rolled out, I strove to only own boy pokemon because ew girls.
    lol I did the same thing

I never bothered to check my pokemon's genders, I just figure they're all able to breed with that gelatinous blob Ditto.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I tried to make genders in my team exactly 50:50, because it bothered me when everyone was predominantly male or female.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors UnlimitedBladeWorks's Avatar
    I did the same for my first Pokemon Game (Ruby)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Heh. Mine was Sapphire, because a friend of mine had Ruby and we wanted to trade.

Blog Entries
    I dc much about gender but in tournaments I try to keep some balance in case some dude runs attract in his team for the shits n' giggles.
    [22:42] <Leo> look it's not our fault we can function properly with a cock in our mouthes

Blog Entries
    Having the move Attract in Female Pokes is fun~

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    All this hassle with IVs is why I just cheat and hack in perfect IV Pokeymans if I play in tournies.

Shit is a waste of my time.

Blog Entries
    Heh. Mine was Sapphire, because a friend of mine had Ruby and we wanted to trade.
    Mine was Red because fuck you I'm old. I also stubbornly plowed my way through the Japanese version of Gold on an emulator mostly by trial and error, since I barely knew what Japanese was back then. Fucking Sudowoodo threw me for a loop, that fucking water pail.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    All this hassle with IVs is why I just cheat and hack in perfect IV Pokeymans if I play in tournies.

Shit is a waste of my time.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors UnlimitedBladeWorks's Avatar
    Me and my Friend did the same with Diamond and Pearl (I wanted Diamond but I lost the Emerald vs Emerald match and had to get Pearl got Diamond a few years later though)

My first one was Blue version and I played it on my GB Pocket. Loved messing around with that contrast dial thingy.