Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Kitchen Disasters

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    no
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Best use of the microwave in my experience is making caramel syrup. Also best chance for a potential disaster. You don't need that skin, do you?
    O walls, you have held up so much tedious graffiti that I am amazed you have not already collapsed in ruin.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Best use of a microwave is defrosting food. I do everything else on the stove or oven (or toaster oven).

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and heating water.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Come on, sticky molten sugar that's hotter than boiling water. Just try it some time!
    O walls, you have held up so much tedious graffiti that I am amazed you have not already collapsed in ruin.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Best use of a microwave is defrosting food.
    the fridge is a far better place
    don't quote me on this

Banned
    I just use a frying pan for everything. Steaks, eggs, fish, french fries, chicken, hot dogs, chestnuts, and the occasional fried dough.

Defrosting I just put that under a lamp on the kitchen counter. Never use the same oil though. Once it gets old, frying with it leaves a nasty taste especially if you used it for fish beforehand. Never reuse old oil. Bad, just bad.

Blog Entries
    don't quote me on this

Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    the fridge is a far better place
    Who the hell still uses a fridge?
    I protect my food from nasty ass germs by keeping it under my pillow, and when i'm hungry, i just put it under a sunny spot and wait a few hours...
    Always has that delectable sour taste of freshness and a subtle aroma similar to my secret basement.
    And you will never worry about being hungry, since somehow my steak attracts more tiny steaks around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Korburss View Post
    Frank you Franco and the Franking pun of bull you rode in on.

One true OTP...

Blog Entries
    To be honest, the weather in Madrid right now is so fucking hot and dry I probably don't need my fridge; that delicious steak would turn into delicious beef jerky in a couple hours tops.
    don't quote me on this

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    I don't like putting it in water, and I have nowhere near the patience to put in the fridge like my mother does days ahead of time.

I do put it on a plate in some plastic wrap though. That's about as bacteria clear as I am going to get.

Banned
    One time someone put a pitcher of iced tea in the fridge but it was kind of off balance or something, the instant I opened the fridge it fell out and covered the entire floor.

Is that a kitchen disaster?
    Also, forgot to respond to this but stuff like this is close enough tier.

As in you don't handle a blender properly or the lid pops open and everything inside just gets everywhere. I remember one time someone left a bag of flower open so when I went to pull it out behind from some cinnamon and I pulled it out too fast and it spilled all over the floor. I hate my roommates they never close anything.

Blog Entries
    Why do you have a bag of flowers? Are you or your roommates florists?

Banned
    Why do you have a bag of flowers? Are you or your roommates florists?
    Yes, it's Donald he has an obsession with tulips and petunias. The poor man says they remind him of his dearly departed mother.

Blog Entries
    Tell him to stop being a baby and get over it. Flowers are for girls.

Banned
    We've both tried but it's been completely fruitless. The man can't let go of the past. I still see him in the fetal position sometimes just clutching a handful of petunias and tulips. Just silently crying as he rocks himself to sleep.

Blog Entries
    Beat him up.