Lock me in for Ilya please.
    F/SN x Disgaea Cross
    Crimson Spears

Kyouko-chaaaaan~
    Spoiler:

The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I will be on the IRC Channel for most of today, if you wish to discuss your character.

Blog Entries
    So when do you think we will get our first update for the pre-war stuff?

Alf said sometime this weekend right?

Blog Entries
    I wasn't entirely sure I thought he mentioned Tuesday but I don't think that was it.

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Alf! You still gotta answer me your decision on that thing we talked about.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Blog Entries
    I'll finalize stuff with you later today, man. Just gotta finish work.
    [12:37] <I3uster> if playing overwatch would save my mother from the deathbed
    [12:37] <I3uster> id probably flip a coin
    [12:38] <I3uster> to see if i play or not

[18:23] <frantic> spinach is like a caffeine zombie

[18:23] <frantic> in AX he would like
    [18:23] <frantic> drink 8 shots of espresso
    [18:23] <frantic> then he'd turn to me an hour later
    [18:23] <frantic> 'frantic', he'd say, his eyes wild and his lips smug
    [18:23] <frantic> 'i need coffee'

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Dramatis Personae:

In a world not so very different than different than our own, there exists a wish-granting relic, a fabled vessel that can grant (almost) any wish. Wars were fought over this vessel, blood spilled, fortunes ruined - and just as a wish was finally offered in the Third War, the ritual was stopped. But the Holy Grail (for that is the name of this omnipotent vessel) would not be denied, and so during the Fourth War, it attempted to grant the lost wish - the wish for a single being responsible for all the evil in the world. But where there is a monster, heroes emerge, so the wish for a great villain could also be said to be the wish for a hero...

The Fourth War ended in tragedy, the wish left still within the Grail, with the stillborn god of evil cursing the War's victor for condemning him again to the darkness. But now the Fifth War looms, and new heroes take the stage. These include...

Shirou Emiya (starring Mooncake), known as the "Sightless One", "The Invincible Vice-Captain," and "Archer Without Equal." Blinded by the corrosive "mud" released when the Grail's earthly vessel was destroyed in the Fourth, he was found and adopted by the broken victor of the War, one Magus Killer by the name of Kiritsugu. He never regained his sight, but with the power of magecraft, he largely compensates for it in a way similar to the (similarly blind) superhero Daredevil, using Structural Analysis and Reinforcement (of other senses) to get a picture of what is around him. Without prana he is more limited, though as with most with a long term disability, he manages reasonably well. In terms of his knowledge of the moonlit world, this Shirou is familiar with some of the goings-ons of supernatural Fuyuki, including the identity of the Second Owner, the Founding Families of the War, the Holy Grail War...and most of all, the Tohsaka-Kotomine connection, which is one reason he has remained an unregistered magus, who has not asked for permission to live in Fuyuki. Normally, this would lead to a confrontation from the Second Owner, however, the reputation of his adopted Father and Shirou's personal notoriety work in his favor here - notoriety he never asked for, nor is really comfortable with. The last stems from a combination of his disability with his skill - he has never missed a target since joining the Archery Club, and indeed, is currently a strong candidate for the Japanese Archery Team for the 2008 Olympics. But rather than the attention of the crowds, which he isn't even aware of most of the time, he'd rather spend time with those close to him, particularly the one who has supported him through all of this - and indeed, the one who got him into Archery in the first place through her hobbies...

His closest (and second oldest) friend, Ayako Mitsuzuri (played by Kuroyuki). Captain of the Archery Club & a mistress of Kyūdō, she has focused on the art of the bow for many years, becoming nearly unsurpassed in the history of Fuyuki - except for Shirou, which she explains by saying that certainly can't get distracted by what he sees. She has learned to focus her senses and the flow of awareness and power in her body through breathing, almost to the level of the Archer Without Equal himself, for "it would be a shame for the student to surpass the teacher." She is respected by her peers, though they joke about her relationship with Shirou, since she goes over to keep him company (as he'd otherwise be alone) and shares lunch with him (explaining that its good to share recipes). This lends her to becoming the subject of Fujimura Taiga's begging for food - which she finds more common that it should be. Though she denies they are anything more than friends in public, recently she has become annoyed at the fact that one of her club members, the school idol Sakura Matou, has begun to visit Shirou, attempting to flirt with him and get close to him (as such, Ayako considers Sakura something of a homewrecker). She is a powerful advocate for the sports clubs, and one of the most practically influential people at the school, behind...

Student Body President Kane Himuro (with Bloble), known as "Detective Death Glasses" or simply "Madame President." When a spot on the Student Council opened up in first year, Kane was considered the only reasonable candidate, given her father's position as Mayor of Fuyuki, and so she ran uncontested. Her reign has been similarly smooth, with most deferring to her, as they wish to avoid a visit from her Dread Apostle, the Black Panther of Homurabara, Makidera Kaede. (Saegusa Yukika, who also delivers Himuro's requests to club leaders and others, is much better regarded, and thought of as a generally sweet girl whose visits people look forward to). Contrary to a (popular) rumor, Himuro has never worked in a maid cafe, and really harbors no ambitions for political office, as she simply wants to be an artist, with a special interest in drawing for storybooks. However, despite her lack of ambition, Himuro is exceedingly competitive, and enjoys trading barbs/the occasional one-liner with her favorite challenger, the head of the Drama Club, with whom she shares a certain attraction.

Meet Actor Extraordinaire Shinji Matou (played by Soldat der Trauer), the magnificent bastard of Homurabara, is just about Himuro's polar opposite, given his extraordinary ambition. A master of wit and charm second to none at Homurahara he is said to be able to charm almost anyone out of the very shirt on their back (or their shirt - its rumored that he charmed the Black Panther out of both, but no one knows for sure). After hearing that he was a failure as a magus, the once-heir to the Matou family turned his back on his heritage, deciding to make a name for himself by any means necessary. Magecraft was simply one means to power, after all, but an old one - and not necessarily the best one, when technology makes so many of the older mysteries obsolete. After all, developments in technology turned many former Magics into mere magecraft - and technology is advancing each day, so why not try to become a great leader in the mundane world. To that end, he is attempting to court Himuro Kane to obtain her father's connections (and of course, because she is a challenge who refuses to be beaten, a puzzle who refuses to be solved), and has no real interest in Rin, as she is perhaps the symbol of how the old magus families fall into decay, with great thaumaturgical power, but little practical power. This is not to say that he is on bad terms with magi, as he is said to have made a few questionable deals, and accepts Sakura as the heir to the Matou magecraft, treating her kindly so she will return the favor - even encouraging her to go after Fuyuki's idol, the "Archer Without Equal," which would further build his reputation, just as the fact that...

Sakura Matou (as played by Mormarth), School idol, is the sister of Shinji, and no less ambitious, though her ambitions extend to her workshop and to the bedroom, as she wishes to become a powerful magus capable of soundly defeating the Tohsaka and taking their Crest - and will do whatever is necessary in pursuit of that goal. After all, the Tohsaka fortune is in decline, and though Rin is an Average One, she is too easily intimidated. As Matou Kariya was cut down by Waver and Rider in this altered version of the War, and never reached Sakura, she did not know of his sacrifice - nor did Zouken ever tell her, as she pushed herself to become a strong magus, mastering the absorption magecraft and water elemental magecraft of the Matou. She uses these to sate the cravings inspired by her worms, as she can simply drain a large multitude of a small amount of prana, leaving them slightly more tired, but distracted by her presence. She is considered one of the Great Idols of Homurahara, alongside Rin Tohsaka, but unlike her sister, wishes to seduce Shirou. She knows of his parentage as well, but thinks that any child of the Magus Killer would be well worth snaring - after all, did the proud Einzbern family, which had striven by themselves to regain their lost magic for over a thousand years, not turn to Emiya? Why wait as long as they did? The fact that he is rather good looking, with his white hair, dark skin, and toned muscles, making him an object of desire for many of the girls of Fuyuki (and some of the older women) does not hurt either. Thus far, she has not succeeded in tempting Shirou with her charms, but she is confident that in time, he will fall.

Rin Tohsaka (depicted by Dark Pulse), the Second Owner of Fuyuki, is rather perturbed by all of this. She is perturbed because there is an unregistered magus living in Fuyuki who flaunts his power with his achievements in the Archery club. She is perturbed that this magus is the son of Emiya Kiritsugu, with no known records of him before the Holy Grail War. She is perturbed because, thanks to Kotomine, who witnessed the events of the end, she knows of the Magus Killer's dark legacy, how Emiya Kiritsugu's wish would have led to the end of humanity, and how even when it was stopped, the result was the Fuyuki Fire. As the son of Kiritsugu, how powerful must this Shirou be to flaunt his power, and defy her? She dares not find out, and thinks that if the Association hasn't done anything about it, that they must have approved of his actions - that he must be an Enforcer sent to watch her - and eliminate her in the next Holy Grail War. She is further perturbed by Sakura Matou, who seems to be courting him, suggesting that the Association favors the Matou over the Tohsaka, and of course that Sakura is challenging her so directly. Mostly though, she is perturbed that she is alone and struggling with balancing her identity as a magus with her identity as a human. As of late, she has turned to alcohol as a way to take the edge off things her nervousness, but has required more and more as the Holy Grail War draws near. Perhaps she is right to worry, given that...

Illyasaviel von Einzbern (Rin-chan Kaihou) will soon be in Fuyuki, and with quite the grudge against Kiritsugu and everyone involved in the Fourth War for taking away her mother and father. As the perfect homunculus, she is unmatched in raw magical strength, and has the physical power to match it, as she can fight evenly against a number of Servants, wielding her wires and her halberd. She typically reserves the Dress of Heaven for ceremonial or ritual work, but should she wear it for a melee, beware! Any human who touches the Dress when she is in her Grail state will be instantly transmuted into a gold statue, without the ability to resist. She especially holds a grudge against Emiya Shirou for replacing her - but is not sure whether to kill him or to claim him as of yet. She figures that with Heracles as her Servant, there is yet time...or is there?

Luvia Edelfelt (TheMegas), a powerful magus who is often considered Rin's equal, save that she uses England-original Lancashire-style instead of kung fu, and has the ability to spend money like water. Where Rin empowers her few jewels over many years into A-rank spells, Luvia makes more of them at a lower rank, as she feels it is better to have more options, rather than just a few trumps. She is a bit of an opportunist, and seeks to redeem the honor of the Edelfelts by reclaiming the Crest stolen from their family by the Tohsaka in the Third War - and more, to claim the Tohsaka Crest. For that reason, she sees Rin as a rival to be defeated. Given her family's reputation as elegant hyenas of the battlefield, she would obviously love to face Rin on the field of battle...but is willing to entertain other options. In fact, she has offered Bazett Fraga McRemitz, a notable Enforcer of the Association - one of the only ones alive with a Noble Phantasm, a contract, and is willing to hire her to fight in her stead, or to support her, as all she wishes is the humiliation of the Tohsaka.

Bazett Fraga McRemitz (Mellon), as we all know, wishes to save Cu Chulainn from his fate. She is an exceedingly powerful magus, and had she joined the Thule Society instead, her great skill with runes would likely make her a Director today. Having been invited to participate in the Holy Grail War by her friend Kotomine Kirei, she believes that this would be her chance to fulfill her childhood dream. She is considering accepting the offer of support from the Edelfelts, as this is the first real offer of patronage she has received since coming to the Tower, and their political support, as much as financial, might let her do something more meaningful than simply go after those with a sealing designation.

And then we have Ayaka Sajyou (mangafreak7793), whose sister participated in the Fourth War in the place of the one we know as Uyuu Ryuunosuke, and summoned a terrifying creature said to be the very embodiment of evil. There are things about that War which haunt her still, maddened whispers, voices whispering buzzing crackling in her mind - though she has shut these into one of her mental partitions. After all, that is one of the perks of being an Alchemist of Atlas - which is what she became after the war, taken there by a disguised Sola-Ui Nuada-Re Sophia-Ri, who had lost her Magic Circuits but still desired influence (after all, she would not have betrayed Kayneth otherwise!). Growing tired of the infighting of the Academy after learning Thought Acceleration, Memory Partition, and some other techniques, she requested temporary reassignment as an Enforcer from Director Sion Eltnam Atlasia, citing Fuyuki as a primary concern to Atlas, given the organization's mission of preventing the end of the world. Sion agreed, allowing Ayaka to return to Fuyuki at the beginning of high school and falsifying her records so the Second Owner suspects nothing of her. Ayaka is hiding in plain sight as it were, as the head of the occult club.

Issei Ryuudou (Caster), on the other hand, is full of hidden depths. A young man who ran away to join the circus because he was displeased at the restrictions of life as a Buddhist priest, he could said to be the embodiment of abandoned duty. At the same time, when his father and brother died, leaving him as heir to the temple, he returned, putting aside his life of hedonism to return to his roots. At the School he is considered a contradiction in terms, as he acts like a delinquent most of the time, except when he is working on presence/voice/stage combat for Drama club (where he is vice president - and Shinji's best friend), or at the temple, where he has the solemn nature one would expect of a priest. He has learned the basics of barriers through blood and exorcism, as well as martial arts from...

Kuzuki Souchirou (Milbunk), the former assassin, an orphan trained by the Organization since childhood to be nothing more than a disposable weapon. Emotions were considered wasteful, and those who showed them were discarded in front of the eyes of other trainees. Weakness was not tolerated, with those who could not keep up eliminated. They strove to make him only a weapon - but they failed, for after finishing his assassination, he did not kill himself, but kept his cover position, not knowing what to do. After dealing with high schoolers for some time, he has begun to rediscover certain emotions, particularly annoyance, but has some respect for Shirou, Issei, and Ayako, given their devotion to training. He is currently on vacation in Georgia, having gone there on the urging of Fujimura Taiga, who thought he was looking fairly worn out.

Which leaves us with Seo Akira (Usandru), last but certainly not least, the girl who can see the future - who has dreamed of shadow and flame engulfing Fuyuki, and wishes she could do something, anything, to stop it. Unfortunately, all those she knows with the power to do anything are gone - Arcueid is asleep, Ciel has returned to the Church, Shiki is in Egypt, where Sion is attempting to find a way to keep his brain from overflowing, and so on. The only one she knows who might possibly be of help is the mysterious Lady Amber, self-styled the "Queen of Blades", but only time will tell if she will take action. Until then, all Seo can do is arrive on scene and do her best...
    Last edited by alfheimwanderer; July 17th, 2014 at 06:32 AM.

Blog Entries
    Dramatis Personae indeed, alf; these players seem ready to inact tragedy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Caster's Avatar
    I like how you made Issei sound, a lot more serious than my mental perception of him.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I suppose we should add to the mix Yumizuka Satsuki (Jormungandr), the so-called bad luck vampire with the good fortune to survive the events of the Night of Wallachia. After Tohno-kun left for Egypt, she was left all alone, without knowing what she could do, almost terrified at her strength. The only thing she could do to suppress boredom, anger, and such was read - and she often found herself in public libraries, going through books to remember better days when she was just an honors student. Sometimes, these were books like Mary Shelley's Frankenstein. Sometimes, they were plays by Shakespeare. Sometimes, a book by Hans Christian Andersen, or such. But what really touched her was a book about Camelot and the legends of the Holy Grail...a holy vessel capable of healing any ill, of granting almost any wish. If such a thing existed...but that was impossible, she thought, until she felt a twitching in her hand compelling her towards a distant place. She wanted it, feared it, but had no choice. Anything. Anything had to be better than this half existence, than being a powerless corpse just pretending to be alive! Than a demon wanting to drink blood. Thirsting for blood. Hungry for blood. Hungry for flesh. Meat, ripping, ripping rip---no. no. NO!
    Last edited by alfheimwanderer; July 17th, 2014 at 01:43 AM.

Blog Entries
    Look what you people did, you all decided to take the crazy route, now Kuzuki's all stressed out and has to go on vacation.

Blog Entries
    *watches unblinking from the sidelines*

Everybody's gone nutso...

Looking forward to drunkard Rin though.
    F/SN x Disgaea Cross
    Crimson Spears

Kyouko-chaaaaan~
    Spoiler:

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Indeed. I believe I'm just waiting for Darples' sheet, as well as Mooncake's.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So. Any progress on this?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Waiting on Mooncake. I suppose I could get an intro up by tomorrow, since this is beginning to drag.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Do you feel like a hero yet? Soldat der Trauer's Avatar
    A world that never was, a dream that might yet be.
    *phew*

One final down; two presentations, one paper, and one final to go.

:/
    Let the victor...be justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Metal Gear's conception of cyborgs has now convinced me that the real reason there were no more Holy Grail Wars is because Servants became obsolete in the near future, and that past humans and their superiority can just bend over and take it from modern technology.
    @Bloble: You shut the hell up, you're like in every RP on the page, you MIRACULOUSLY LUCKY whore-monger. You not getting in is like me winning the lottery in two states, obtaining a girlfriend, and not ending up nursing another migraine, simultaneously, by the end of this evening.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    KT and Jormungandr will be dropped from this RP if I get no response in 24 hours. Mooncake has already dropped.

This means Emiya Shirou is up for grabs.