Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1234712 ... LastLast

Thread: I Put On My Robe And Wizard Hat

The Royal Chancellor of Avalon Keyne's Avatar
    Well, Saber is like a walnut. Have to break through the tough outer layer to get at the center.
    Hahaha, exactly. Break the mask of the King to get to the delicious Girl inside.

By the way. Welcome to Beast's Lair. We have cookies and purple heads. Enjoy your stay.
    I'm Keyne, the self-proclaimed Fate-guy. Nice to meet you.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Nice to see this. Very nice indeed, I've been enjoying your stuff while lurking on spacebattles.com.

Please, do post more.
    I'm starting to suspect that talking with Kieran influences my rolls on Fate/Grand Order Heavily. How else can you explain me talking with him, then rolling for 30, only to get 3 Archer of Shinjuku on my second ten roll?

I write like Douglas Adams. Proof: http://iwl.me/s/696f37bd

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    And I'm IRUn. Apparently I'm the resident lolicon.

'Sup. Welcome to the Lair.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

YEAAAAAAAAHHHHHH---!!!!!! DreamsRequiem's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    714, 551,159
    Blog Entries
    We have shark soup!

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors lethum's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    And a Reality Marble Noble Phantasm Pizza Box that never runs out of pizza! Have some!

*Offers pizza*

Do you feel like a hero yet? Soldat der Trauer's Avatar
    A world that never was, a dream that might yet be.
    I'm Soldat. Nice to meet you, and I love your writing.

...And I think DreamsRequiem had some beer in the fridge earlier...
    Let the victor...be justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Metal Gear's conception of cyborgs has now convinced me that the real reason there were no more Holy Grail Wars is because Servants became obsolete in the near future, and that past humans and their superiority can just bend over and take it from modern technology.
    @Bloble: You shut the hell up, you're like in every RP on the page, you MIRACULOUSLY LUCKY whore-monger. You not getting in is like me winning the lottery in two states, obtaining a girlfriend, and not ending up nursing another migraine, simultaneously, by the end of this evening.

Blog Entries
    And we have Peking Duck.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Nice to meet you Velsper, I'm Satehi.

Love your fic.

Blog Entries
    *Rubs hands together* Excellent!

I was almost afraid that you wouldn't have shown up, but I'm glad you're here man.

*Thumbs up*

Welcome to Beast's Lair!

Been reading this on spacebattles and enjoying it. Glad to see it here too.

Whu it actually worked? I mean how do you like the power of my Gae Bolg you wanton demon!?
    GoGo Multitrack Drifting Rider, Dragu Slaving Rin, EMIYA of all NP's

Hip Hip Hooray!
    <mrtags> At least I got to be lancer the space marine, drm got omake'd into the little pink and purple butt plunger
    <DrmChsr0> I have to admit, it was funny.

Don't displease Tiny Turtle

Whew! About to slip down. VelspertheCat's Avatar
    Fate/Zero is the property of Type-Moon and Nitroplus. Fate/Stay Night is the property of Type-Moon. All additional references and parodies belong to their respective owners.

Chapter 16: Heroism

A bizarre incident occurred in the outskirts of a Japanese town called Fuyuki City. It was later revealed that the terrible disaster had been caused by the Holy Grail War. This was a magical ritual designed and implimented by the international cabal of Magi – The Mage's Association.

The Association's special Enforcer, Bazette Fraga McRemitz, was unable to contain the Holy Grail War. A rogue element – a person claiming themselves to be the deceased Kotomine Kirei, a fallen Master from the Fourth War, managed to secure the Heroic Spirit Caster and subverted the manager of the Holy Grail War, Caren Ortensia.

Fuyuki City vanished by the first week of the Holy Grail War as a result of this and several other incidents. Yet the aftereffects of the Holy Grail War were far from being finished with me...

In the background, the Emiya home was nothing but burnt ruins. The ash from its destruction was reaching high into the sky with all the rest.

Rin found herself starring down the gleaming edge of a katana a few inches in front of her nose. She thought the weapon was chipped and stained as it trembled slightly in front of her face. Yet on seeing the empty eyes of her teacher, Taiga Emiya, wielding it, she didn't want to try and risk it.

“Why the care now, Shirou-kun? It was too late for...for...” Taiga hiccuped.

'I'm weak.'

Rin wanted to say something. Anything to reply to the outrageous claim of this woman.

“...yes.” She heard a masculine voice come out of her mouth instead. She turned and began to walk away.

'But I'm a coward.'

So she stood at the precipe. Her life had narrowed down to two choices. She could stay here and fight alongside Taiga or she could run.

“...let me go with you.” The words flowed out of her mouth by themselves. The expression on Taiga's face was priceless. Even if -R҉̢̛͠͝E̢̛͟͢R̵̢̛̕͢R͠͞R̸͏̡͜ E͜͡R̵̸̕O̧͏R̶͝R͏̸͘҉O҉̵̧͜҉R̴̨͡

GET. OUT.

Rin felt her mind be flung outwards into a tumbled blur of kaleidoscopic colors. Images assailed her from every conceivable angle as her brain furiously worked to try and decipher where she had found herself after the earth had collapsed on top of her and her...clan? Family? Brood?

She felt her soul began to strain and fray at the edges as the faint legacy of vampirism in her bloodline and her very Origin as a person began to compete to redefine her. Blinding power pummeled her from all sides. Yet two possibilities fairly leapt out of the sea of chance towards her as the pressure was growing to the point it would shatter her.

Clearly a choice. But Rin was finding that being greedy may not be a bad thing. Ever since he had appeared.

Both points of view began to expand before her eyes.

Mission A

The catacombs were large and cavernous. Almost like the result of a giant tentacle that had molested the earth itself. Considering what he knew about World and its quirks, it might be feasible to someday call something new to take care of their bitchy needs.

Shirou Urobuchi found himself fully returning to the land of the living. Any remaining groggy thoughts in his head were banished when he glanced down at his body. He frowned at finding himself clad in a black jacket over a dark vest.

Most importantly, Shirou found himself lying on top of his Master. His weaker body protested as he drew himself off her and rolled a bit to the side. He reached up to the side of her neck.

Rin moaned beneath him as he checked her vitals. He sighed in relief.

'Don't scare me like that.' He silently thought towards the slim girl as he stood up.

'Well, that didn't go exactly to plan.' The heroic spirit mused as he looked over to see a large mass of earth collapsed over the exit to the underground caves beneath the Tohsaka residence. 'Damn that person's luck stat.'

Shirou quickly found Medusa had shielded Sakura. On close inspection he found his second shocking discovery on immediately waking back up from the land of the blissfully comatose.

'Her hair is black again?!' His eyes widened. 'But the only way it could have done that is if...'

Shirou gasped and turned to look around the surroundings. Yet he knew in his heart of hearts what had happened.

Tarnhelm...Zelretch had become a Broken Phantasm.

“Goddam-” Shirou's soft curse was quickly cut off as he slapped his hands against his mouth and nose. He was assaulted by a smell most foul when he had taken a deep breath to begin his Litany Against Murphy's Law.

His eyes narrowed and knelt down by Medusa and Sakura's side. The smell, which was as rotten to his magical senses as Medusa's new prana was fresh and clean, started near Sakura's head. He shifted Medusa off her Master and turned Sakura over. Dried blood coated her lips and the area around her mouth like a cheap vampire.

A large sized pool of blood rimmed around the edge of a small hole. His nostrils flared up and his face twisted in a grimace as the muscles around his neck and chest clenched as they attempted to make him gag.

'Too bad I've smelled worse in my day.' Shirou reached into his coat and drew out a tiny gemstone as he gently pried her eyelids open as the gemstone faintly lit up as he let a tiny bit of prana activate the charms weaved within. He sighed in relief as he saw that her plum colored eyes still reacted to the light as they twitched.

Shirou felt his nose twitch as the foul scent began moving away from the area. He gave the three unconscious females one more glance before he reached into his coat and threw out three more crystal fragments.

They lit up to surround the three of them in a field as he went to find out what that distorted power was coming from. Possibly kill it too if it turned out to be something he knew was related to Sakura.

He wondered if Grandpa Zouken would mind dining with him in hell.

Mission B

Shirou Urobuchi waited. The lights above him in the reinforced part of the warehouse blinked and sparked off. There was something out there. He couldn't see anything, but he could smell something foul in the air. He somehow got the feeling he had expected them for years now.

“This is Bazette!” The stones a ways in front of him cracked. “We're about to pull you out.”

'Thank god.' Shirou hopped to his feet as the final piece of earth shattered before a powerful ...and familiar crimson spear.

“Hey there!” Lancer smiled at him with shiny teeth.

'Oh good. I can put the fresh air to good use...' The redhead thought.

“AAAH! I DON'T WANT TO BE THE ZOMBIES!” Shirou yelled as he scrambled backwards. Lancer began to laugh as a maroon haired woman in a business suit squeezed past the blue haired man.

“Don't be like that.” She glanced over at him with a frown. That's when his brain connected the voice to the woman who was calling herself Bazette a moment ago.

“You're a boy. So you have to toughen up, okay?” Bazette chided Shirou with a wag of her fingers.

“Uhm...” Shirou saw that Lancer was amusedly grinning at him. “Okay.”

“It's fine. We're on the same side. For now.” Lancer's eyes glinted with mirth.

“Stupid cultist.” Shirou grumbled. Lancer's smile grew strained as all three made their way back up top.

“Heh. Now you're learning.” Bazette chuckled from in between him and Lancer as Shirou was greeted by hell.

“G-gah! The hell is that smell?” Shirou nearly retched once the night air struck his face. A disgustingly even mix of sweet honey and fresh dung assaulted his senses. His eyes watered as he stumbled away from the hole in the yard only to get caught up by a bear hug by Taiga.

“You're alive! You're really alive!” Taiga's warm eyes overflowed with tears.

“I was only down there for like...four hours tops.” Shirou's sense of smell sharply died down when he stared at the older brunette in surprise.

“Really...? Felt like four days to me.” Taiga mused as she ruffled his hair and let him go. Shirou was able to see that there were all manner of unsavory types surrounding him. The most unsavory of which was his stone cold faced teacher – Kuzuki Souichirou.

“Sensei.”

“Urobuchi-kun.”

Both men nodded at each other genially. Shirou glanced past him and briefly looked at a rather attractive woman in flowing robes. Sort of Bazette's opposite number, really. Looked pretty weak despite the full figure.

'Still...thank you from keeping him from murdering us all.' Shirou gave her a small prayer of thanks. Oddly, the woman seemed somewhat amused.

“Sensei's girlfriend.” The redhead acknowledged the way the woman was hanging off Kuzuki with a smile. Well, good. Someone had finally given Kuzuki a way to vent. He had been worried for a while there that he was some sort of professional assassin or serial killer that'd one day snap. “Thank you for taking care of sensei.”

“Ah, I can see why Souichirou-sama wanted to come out and protect his students.” The woman smiled beneath her hood charmingly. “You can call me Caster.”

“Ah, you can call me Shirou.” The redhead heard a faint grumble behind him from Lancer.

“Well, you did try to run him through a while ago...” Bazette's louder response to the man privately amused Shirou. But something Caster said set Shirou on edge, though.

“Wait, what do you mean by protect?” Shirou's question caused the others to grow grim. Kiritsugu moved towards his side.

“Shirou-kun, we have an incid-” Kiritsugu suddenly gazed up. His face went pale in shock.

The stench that had been lingering in the back of his mind all along swelled to the forefront.

SHIROU!” Ilya's scream automatically made both him and Kiritsugu race towards the door of the house. Several pair of feet sounding up behind him let him know the others were following after him and Ilya's father.

The gate to the front door shattered as both Saber, wrapped around Ilya protectively, came barreling through it with several deep lacerations and only clothed in her sky blue dress. The armored pieces seemed to be nowhere to be seen.

Shirou was running towards the two of them before he could stop himself. He dove into a slide to slip between the two. Shirou's eyes flew to inspect them. While Ilya and Saber looked alright at first glance, but...

A hateful snarl reached his ears.

“Get down!” Ilya shrieked and clutched at his shirt as he was jerked forwards into nearly bumping his head against hers as a loud bang rocked the crowded hallway and brought him back to reality as the sounds of shouts rang about.

And Shirou's tunnel vision faded - on the other end of the exit outside was a large crowd of zombies of every shape and size. Several of them were being kept back by what appeared to be blurs being fired by Lancer, yet...

Heading the pack was a fifteen foot tall giant built of hulking muscles and deformed skin. Worms rapidly crawled along the surface of its exposed body. A loud crash exploded off to the yard as stone was shattered.

Hate began to bubble up in his gut as Shirou's blood began to boil. All around him chaos reign but his own space seemed to be the eye of the storm.

This was going to be a problem.

But that was fine. He could solve practical problems.

Or he could always picture something that could.

'Henshin!'

I answer the hellos with a snippet.

As American as a foreign immigrant EnigmaticFellow's Avatar
    Nine Lives Bladeworks is a go?
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangerang View Post
    Gilgamesh has A Lck.

wut bout that
    His fate as the most powerful Servant is to steamroll every war he takes part in.

Somehow, he manages to defy all odds and deny this fate.
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous
    If only I could be respected without having to be respectable.

What Fate/Stay Night character are you?
    Kotomine Kirei
    You are Kirei. You've always been a little different from the rest. You probably have low social skills. Whatever, it's not like what they think matters anyway. Ever searching for something missing within you, you probably don't experience the same happiness as everyone else. Good and evil are just labels, you are who you are.

Blog Entries
    Sir, I praise your story for kickassness, general awesome, and boatloads of creativity. Few grammatical errors and a fine pacing, not to mention plenty of fanservice. There be points that are a bit slow, but only when compared with the rest of the work. Altogether a fine read. I approve this message.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

Speaking of which, why didn't loli Illya defeat the zombies with Icicle Fall? Isn't she the strongest?
    Spoiler:
    Gilgamesh has A Lck.

wut bout that
    His fate as the most powerful Servant is to steamroll every war he takes part in.

Kotomine Kirei
    You are Kirei. You've always been a little different from the rest. You probably have low social skills. Whatever, it's not like what they think matters anyway. Ever searching for something missing within you, you probably don't experience the same happiness as everyone else. Good and evil are just labels, you are who you are.

Blog Entries
    Why can't I be as awesome as Velsper ;_;

My shitty lower race skills will never compare to the Spacebattles master race ;_;

You are godly, Vel.
    Arthur-san is my waifu
    [20:57] frantic: I can't even remember what opinions I actually hold about the thing compared to shit I made up to piss people off
    [17:13] Airen: Its not an airen character unless gay

Blog Entries
    *wiggles in anticipation.*

See, you pull off the comedy, pathos, and story all very well. Like the beginning of the fic was absolutely hilarious and then you threw an awesome curve ball and was like, "I can do plot and story too, Beeyouches!"

Also, I'm still wondering how Archer became Archer in this reality. Obvious, he's not the curmudgeon of a Counter Guardian I know and love. So, it looks like Shirou Urobuchi became a superhero and actually made it to the throne and not as a CG.

That's just my crazy theory.

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaticFellow View Post
    Speaking of which, why didn't loli Illya defeat the zombies with Icicle Fall? Isn't she the strongest?
    Myrddin is the Touhou fan, though! This does not prevent characters in the future from becoming fans too. >>

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    *wiggles in anticipation.*

See, you pull off the comedy, pathos, and story all very well. Like the beginning of the fic was absolutely hilarious and then you threw an awesome curve ball and was like, "I can do plot and story too, Beeyouches!"

Also, I'm still wondering how Archer became Archer in this reality. Obvious, he's not the curmudgeon of a Counter Guardian I know and love. So, it looks like Shirou Urobuchi became a superhero and actually made it to the throne and not as a CG.

That's just my crazy theory.
    Yeah. Tarnhelm was basically brought in for that (and to make Sakura and Medusa more awesome)

Based on Shirou's interactions with Myrddin, does he go to elementary school?
    Spoiler:
    Gilgamesh has A Lck.

wut bout that

Kotomine Kirei

The Myrddin in this story probably graduated a long time ago. He's the type to make waves if he can help it.