Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Equilibrium Flux IC

Blog Entries
    Felur
    Eastern Praries-Nothia Praries

Akito Hattori

Morale: 80
    Supplies: 80

“That is why we say you have no dignity. If you’re going to hit on girls, at least hit on others from your own clan instead of those bitches, and stop making a fool of yourself in someone else’s territory. Also, the better alternative is to not hit on anyone like some sex-starved fiend, and go find yourself a good wife - although at this rate, you might as well be single forever..”

"Geh..."

My self-esteem can't take this many hits... I knew Mikuho was a bit harsh when it came to speaking but I don't think I can take much more of this relentless onslaught of harsh words. I'm wondering what my political opponents would think if they saw this one-sided verbal beat down... Wait what do you mean single?!? I don't want to die alone! I want to at least have Miko or another cute girl accept my feelings first!

“Also, everyone knows you’ve already been hitting on the Head of Chiefs, Miko. It’s so obvious that it’s painful. I don’t know too much about her, but if shes a fox I can say she probably will just play around you like a ragdoll and then drop you once you become boring. Or she can continue to cold shoulder you like she usually does. ”

"Agaaaa~"

I let out a low whine as my ears and tails lowered to this relentless verbal assault. I was in mental agony... So she might have already picked up other guys?!? And even if she picks me up, she'll only keep me nearby for as long as I keep her interested. Actually I wouldn't mind her picking me up... Provided she wouldn't dump me at end... That's still just too depressing only being dated because she finds me as amusing as her personal pet! I continued to kneel in front of the area in front of the mine until the wind shifted to bring the mine's scent towards us. You could smell rotting flesh... of more than a few bodies. Anger coursed through my veins. Normally I would attempt negotiation with monsters... But this is beyond a normal just needed to kill to live. It was probably killing more people for some sort of sick enjoyment.

"We've arrived at the suspected monster lair. The warriors and I will advance and clear the initial area surrounding the mine's entrance. I want the invokers guarding the slingers and shamans if anything jumps out."

I draw Kisetsu out of his sheathe and slowly advance towards the cave with my fellow warriors. I get ready to activate my armor for Ninja in case something attempts to attack us.

Wise-Up!
    Akito Hattori
    HP: 220
    MP: 400

STR:?
    DEF: ?
    AGI: ?
    DEX: ?
    MAG: C (40)
    MRE: ?

Perk:
    ??? - ???

Weapons:
    Kisetsu - ???
    Armor (?) - He mentioned something about Ninjas???

Skills:
    ??? - ???
    ??? - ???
    ??? - ???

Tactical Approach: Swift Charge
    - Units have a highly refined set of senses which allow for optimal tracking and spotting enemy forces before one is spotted, reducing the potency of ambushes. Also raises evasion rate of units against ranged attacks.
    - Archers can become mounted units at the cost of lesser troop numbers. As per mounted ranged units, accuracy on the move is worst than when standing still.

Last edited by Kuroyuki; July 23rd, 2014 at 10:49 PM.

Baldur
    Village Square - Village Hammoe, near Fort of As’tagio
    HP: 360/360
    MP: 200/200
    Morale: 74/100

The abomination merely smiles as you hurl a bunch of rock and earth at its way. Batting away the rocks with its tentacles and limb-like appendages, the demon merely speaks on.

“Now, now, where are our manners. I think introductions are first due….”

Apparently it still is merely interested in toying with you, not even attempting to attack. Your last attack didn’t put a single scratch on it - well, that was to be expected, your hammer needed to connect directly to channel its holy powers and ruustle the enemy from the inside out. Considering all, the demon would just continue to talk for at least some time….

‘My name is Ka’Shavi, a Doppelganger.”

The monster returns to its ‘Sister’ form and drops a small curtsy.

“I have travelled the world before in many forms, acting as the Demon Army’s reconnaisance and information gatherer. You could call me a vanguard of sorts, a scout.”

She slowly approaches you and you see that her eyes have black schelra, unlike the whites of human eyes. The vividness of the black levels on the border of creepiness and disgust.

“Now then, since I have introduced myself, would you please entertain me with the same? Or are you humans too babaric to follow your own kinds of ‘customs’? Fufufu…”

She merely laughs, obviously taunting you. While she does so, she shifts her form several times into different human beings, merely for the fun of making you watch what she could transform into....You had a feeling she was aiming for something, but then again you had no idea what it was….and her voice. It was getting more melodic, more seductive. Something was at work here, obviously - although you just couldn’t understand what.

---------------------
    Wise up.
    Ka’Shavi
    Doppelganger

Perks:
    Doppelganger
    Once this demon sees/meets/eats/ whatever a person, she obtains information about that person’s looks and mannerisms to a certain point. If she eats him/her, she may completely copy his or her actions and habits, although it is impossible to use their skills if they involve holy energy. Otherwise, she may copy to a certain extent.

Stats:
    STR: ?
    DEF: A
    MAG: ?

Phantom
    Southern Woods - Delphus, Sharis Town
    Morale: 80%
    Supplies: 27%

You killing the man seems to only raise the determination of the headstrong group - however, you see a distinct change in the side of the 10 cowards. You let go of their bindings and give them sharp implements - and with some coaxing, they slowly approach their countrymen. Despite the curses thrown at them, they slowly but surely kill off the other group, doing your bidding. You smile and laugh fiercly….but then notice something going wrong. The mana in the air seems very..unstable. Sort of concerned, you turn your head to the sky and sniff.

While the Necromancers seem to be nearly done with their magic of opening the portal, a hail of arrows suddenly rise from the side of the forest - tipped with magic. You bark out orders at the demons to guard the necromancers, who seem to be the target of the attack - managing to deflect most of the attack, albeit taking some damage. Nothing serious, though - the attack was apparently nothing but a warning. The real attack came after that. In the form of something far more....menacing.

Several gigantic arrows slightly smaller than your spear fly through the sky, smashing through cover and impaling several of your necromancers and demons against the earth, ending their lives easily as if they were bugs skewered on a pole. This was followed with several fireballs that rise and smash into your newly born undead, destroying a part of your new troops. Gashing your teeth, you make them take defensive positions against the enemy sniper fire.

The elves were not holding back, however. As you throw your weapon forward to block more incoming projectiles, a giant cloud of magical energy forms in the sky, lancing lightning bolts down upon your troops, avoiding you - apparently, as to do as much damage as they could. A few demons throw their weapons at the bolts, blocking a few - but still several more of your troops get scorched by the elemental onslaught.

As you take your place in the front blocking nearly half of the attacks, the leftover necromancers finish the portal. As soon as they do, you send everyone in - and blocking the last of the attacks, you also jump into the portal, going back to the island of the damned. At least all the traitorous humans had survived...and they would serve you well.

---------------

Returning back to the island, you see it is as blackened as ever. Demons roam the area, bored or waiting for the next portal out. Some see the live humans and approach with interest, but back off seeing you around.

Ignoring them, you check your losses. Surprisingly, your losses aren't as great as you had thought they might have been - just a few undead were destroyed, and you had lost only a few necromancers too. That much could be taken from the main army anyway. Most of your casualties were merely wounded to a certain extent, which they could regenerate fast enough considering you had a few stocked up bodies now.

You start the ritual for the humans quickly enough. It involved pouring some of your high-grade demon blood on them and forming a contract, nothing difficult. Considering humans were necessarily far (very far) cousins of your kind, they changed fast enough - soon they sprouted more ‘demonic’ features, although nothing very notable. At least they didn’t look as weak as before now.

---------------
    New unit unlocked.

Turned Humans.

Mirron Sykel
    Solas
    Main Castle - Tree of Knowledge

Party Members: 2
    Food supplies: 99%

The red slime took the bait rather easily, lured by the smell of protein. It rolled out of the water, lumbering around slowly as if sniffing the air like a dog. It slowly, steadily, but surely moved towards the venision. It got to the first stick, slowly ingesting the meat and digesting it from within via melting it with its inner body acids. The slime then moved forward yet again, reaching the other sticks - inhaling them one by one. Soon enough, it was there at the last stick.

The green slimes, on the other hand, were still munching the moss far away. At least from this range, it appeared that they wouldn’t pay any attention to whatever that was going on from your location, at least if it wasn’t too loud.

Considering your chances, you open your bag. You did have a single container that was large enough to fit a slime, although you’d have to pacify it somehow after stuffing it in. Slimes didn’t hate small confined places too badly as long as they had something to be busy with - if you were to catch a green slime, some moss would suffice.

Then again, it was also possible to catch a red slime by merely half-killing it...although it would still be hostile after catching, and would be a bit dangerous to bring back with you if you were planning to go deeper into the dungeon.

You had your two options. Now, what would you choose?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Caster's Avatar
    Mirron Sykel
    Solas

Mirron looked at the red slime and considered his options. The red slime was very tempting. He was a fan of the color, and it would make disposing of table scraps a little bit easier. However, the odds of it trying to eat Nori were decently large, and he didn't think that he would make good impressions as a teacher if he let his assistant get eaten. He sighed, and shook his head. No, the red slime was too much of a liability. It wasn't a good idea to try and keep one, it would have to be one of the green ones. Some of the sweet flowers might be sufficient bait to lure one into a container, but for now he still had the red slime to deal with.

Mirron backed up, as he tried to get closer to where Nori was positioned. If he got the slime to follow him back there, they should be able to take it out without any interference from the other ones, at which point he would be able to handle capturing one of them. He hoped that Nori had some materials prepared to handle the monster, he didn't look forward to a drawn out fight. It was going to be a pain getting deeper into the dungeon if monsters from lower levels were climbing up here.

As the slime continued to follow Mirron, he jumped back, pulling out his weapon. He didn't know what Nori had up her sleeves, but Mirron wasn't worried. He aimed carefully, as the strange energies gathered. He doubted it's ability to take it out in one shot, but perhaps with Nori's assistance it might be enough. He fired the dark mass of energy straight at the slime, hopeful that Nori would respond quickly as well. Layered with more magic than it's default hit, it was likely stronger than necessary at this level, but he wanted to be sure it was gone.

Wise-Up!
    Mirron Sykel
    HP: 100
    MP: 800

STR:?
    DEF: ?
    MAG: SS (80)

Perk:
    ??? - ???

Weapons:
    Nigredo: Crusher Shot: Damaging projectiles cost 30 mana per shot and with a 5 turn CD. These hit for 1.5x damage.

Skills:
    ??? - ???
    ??? - ???
    ??? - ???

Last edited by Caster; July 24th, 2014 at 01:45 AM.

Aldo Frei
    Lea
    Southern Mountain Ranges-Fort Cassio
    Morale: 77
    Supplies: 96%

Leissa’s enchanted shot shoots through the air, crashing into a troop of orcs. The first one hit by the mana projectile falls backwarad, but the force of the burning bullet manages to penetrate even those behind the target, plowing through quite a bunch of their ranks.

Leissa targets Orcs 1 : 110 dmg x1.5 = 165
    Orcs have 135 hp left: 14 units left

The orcs do not falter, however. The charge in and arrive next to your troops. Next thing you know, you are being attacked.

Orcs 1 target Aldo : 54 dmg - 40 = 14 dmg
    Aldo counters for 50 DMG +10 -> 40
    Orcs have 95 hp left: 10 units

You weren’t hurt much, but you did get a few scratches. Luckily, your horse wasn’t targeted much and you were spared having to fight on your feet. You dispatch a few with your own sword as well. Three orcs fall by your blade, leaving one less than a dozen orcs left in your range. The rest of the enemy seems to be approaching quickly as well though - they all advance, intent on blood.
    Last edited by Snax; July 22nd, 2014 at 07:20 AM.

Urist Ukeraban
    Heart of Mountains - Reiziel City of Stone

As you clap your hands in front of the muttering Elor, she jumps slightly as if surprised, and then looks around confused. The others all laugh for a bit, and soon enough she also joins in with an embarrassed grin.

“Ahem, sorry for spacing out like that.”

You wave your hand as if acknowledging her apology, and lead your group out of the walls and onto the stairs of platforms that lead to the viewposts.

Since Elor are not too proficient in close-quarter combat, the City of Stone had created a series of walkways around the large cavern walls complete with hollowed out guardposts. They were outfitted with long-range scopes so that the guards could have an eagle’s eye sight of the passage tunnels and the mining pits that were not part of the city.

Usually, the first part of your job meant spreading out your militia across the walkways to ask for information or updates on the tunnels. The watchmen would then give you what you needed, and you would relay that to the city in serious cases.

After doing so, you would have to go down and out of the guardpost system, and check with the advance bunkers near the traps and alarms. There were common-level Knight Walkers and Assault walkers stationed there with the more ‘hardened’ soldiers, so even if a few monsters found their way in you wouldn’t have to sweat it too badly.

First, as routine, you pass through the walkways - and as usual, nothing peculiar has happened. Following that, you pass through the ladders and drop to the cavern floor, your squad in suit. Heading towards the eastern guardposts near the most recent mining caverns, you are greeted by a rather skinny Elor girl tinkering with her Assault Walker.

“Hello there, friends. Guard duty?”

She is wearing the full-body suit that most KW frame riders wear - the standard suit that prevents the body from taking damage from the accelerated force caused by KW movement. You recognize her as Sasha, one of the Gate Guards. Apparently she was on duty at the outer posts today....known to be rather warrior-like for an Elor, people thought of her as a rather eccentric one, especially because she didn't like making things - she was more of a breaker than a creator.

---------------

Sasha Burns
    Spoiler:

Nadiya Norssuoz
    Spoiler:

Nithelig
    Southern Plains-Novash Crossplains

Liza Ridstraad
    Morale: 88
    Supplies: 75%

Your company proceeds slowly, carefully. From what it seemed the orcs and monsters weren’t too far but neither were they too close, so you probably had time to set up an ambush - perhaps, if the monsters were coming exactly the way as the cavalry had said. Monsters, however organized, had a tendency to wander especially when they had no solid target - and they would usually switch targets to the closest source of food, aka human villages or wild animals, if needed. Considering the average running troll/orc did nto differ too much from that of a normal human…they couldn’t be too close to your current position.

Considering this area had some sparse woodlands, you led your army through them. The only team that had some trouble were the cannoneers due to the large size of the artillery pods, but it wasn’t that major an issue with the help of a few horses. As you move on, you see an upward path leading to a small overpass of a hill - an ideal scouting location.

Going up alone with your vice captain, you keep a low profile as you scan the area. The monsters are not yet in sight - however, you do see a few dust clouds in the horizon, probably the orcs and goblins moving en masse. The trolls would probably be somewhere behind them - although you could not fathom where the ogre would be exactly, considering it was a very brutal monster feared even by other land monsters and none would actually wish to be too near to it.

They do seem to be heading in your general direction, considering the fact that the clouds seem to be getting bigger and closer as time passes by. You give it a few hours before they arrive at your location though, considering they were merely walking and not in any hurry to get anywhere - meaning they must have already feasted on some human/animal flesh somewhere else along the lines.

Either you could set up battle positions around this area, or move forward and meet the monsters in direct combat. However, that seemed folly when you could cut your losses and guard this area, giving the cannons a clear firing range as well as protection through height advantage.

There was time, but time would pass once you start positioning. Better to decide now….

-------------

Spoiler:

Red is where Nithelig troops can be stationed.
    Yellow is where the enemy will arrive in a few hours.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Zagrin's Avatar
    Phantom
    Cursed Island of the Demons
    ???

Phantom looked over the newly converted demons before finally giving a nod of approval. The humans had transformed well, meaning that he had chosen well. That was both good for him and them, if they had turned out to be as lackluster as the last bunch...well nobody likes to talk about the last bunch. Though they were still not as powerful as pure blooded demons, they were now at least capable of ripping through a contingent of human soldiers without much issue.

Not to mention the possibility of them growing stronger. The issue had been discussed before in one of the meetings between the generals...well if you could call them meetings. Nonetheless, there was even talk that a human would, given enough time, even be able to take down an archdemon. An idiotic notion, yes, but one that he was now willing to test now that he had his own group to command.

However that was for another time, for now they could rest, relax, enjoy themselves however a demon could in this desolate wasteland.

Thus Phantom waved off his assorted "army", with them quickly dispersing into groups and doing their own thing. They had taken minimal losses so it wouldn't be long before their forces would be replenished and they'd be off, taking the next portal and slaughtering whatever unfortunate soul happened to be in the general area. Such was the life of a demon.

While pondering what to do with this new found thing known as "free time", Phantom caught sight of something, a young girl was aimlessly walking around the camp. A young girl who would be completely indistinguishable from a human appearance wise if not for the blue skin and...two ridiculously over sized horns.

Someone should really tell the Makhim one day they have terrible design sense.

Still this little girl was the strongest demon on the island, their master commander, Nezerif.

Phantom could only sigh as he watched her walk around like a toddler exploring their surroundings for the first time instead of...doing whatever it is master commanders of demonic armies set to extinguish all life in the world are supposed to do. Shaking his head, he walked over to her and lightly tapped her twice on the head with one of his claws.

Not like he had anything else to do, so might as well bother the one in charge.

"Oi Nezerif, aren't you going to be heading out as well? You know, purging the world of the living to appease the will of our great lords and masters."

A clear disdain could be heard in Phantom's voice as he addressed those up above that his kind were bound to serve.

Blog Entries
    Sharna Sylvari
    Gathering of Fenn
    Western Forests- Outskirts of Allenhof

Just like that... In only a matter of seconds, the lives of numerous men come to an end. Five... Ten... More than twenty elves meet their end at the hands of the enemy... And it's all due to my incompetence. If only I had accounted for the enemy's raw power, I might have been able to prevent their deaths. However, I have failed those men who placed their trust in me... and there's nothing I can do to rectify that. This is the cruel reality of battle. Once a man steps foot on these fields, then they have no choice but to accept the fact that someone must die. I understand this all too well... And, even still, I led those men straight to their deaths.

"All units, attack the demon warriors!"

Still, I have no choice but to keep up this charade. If the elves need a hero, then I will gladly play the part until someone better suited rises to the station. And if I need be their champion as well, then so be it. For the sake of my people, I will gladly kill myself and become something I'm not. Whether or not that requires me to stir the hearts of my men... or still the beating of others. I will play the part I'm given until the bitter end. This... is the least I can do to atone for the faith I have betrayed.

Having successfully lured the main offensive force into position, the time to unleash our assault is upon us. Though we've already lost a third of our fighting force, we can't allowed that to stop us now.

Having heard my signal, the sniper unit quickly lets loose their howling arrows. At the same time, the remaining sentinels bolster our offensive with a volley of their own, darkening the sky with our elven steel. With frightening lethal force riding the winds, the enemy's forces are sure to feel our strength.

"Metta. Elessar. Leutha. Heserve..."

And at the same time, I rush forward. Chanting the words of power passed down by our ancestors, I channel the energies within my body and appeal to the will of nature itself. Calling upon its power to aid us in this fight, I subject my own body to the same peril that the men before me faced.

I tuck my father's tome back in my coat.

The volley of arrows descends from the sky and wreaks havoc upon the enemy's numbers. Though they are still many in number, they are not invulnerable. Though their body's may be vastly superior to our own, they can still bleed... and they can still die.

Closing in on the remaining enemy units, I cross my arms and call out to that familiar presence. Immediately responding to my call, my hands are filled with a familiar weight and, in a flash of black and white, the swords left to me by my own mother or released. The fallen demon blade, Azura... and the white blade of legend, Laigrist. Two blades- worlds apart in craft, ability, purpose- wielded in tandem for a singular cause.

Weaving these swords together in a dazzling display of skill, I begin to cleave through what remains of the demonic warriors. Then... taking a brief moment to rest...

"Come to my side, Da'Roir..."

I call out his name... and the earth rumbles. Amassing his own body from the landscape surrounding us, the spirit of earth, Da'Roir, assembles himself from entire chunks of earth, gravel, and stone. With this spell, I call upon the aid of the greatest sentinel. Body of earth and blood of mana... My guardian is a force of nature itself.

Blades at the ready, I face the enemy before me.

Wise Up
    Stats:

STR: C (40)
    DEF: -
    AGI: A (60)
    DEX: B (50)
    MAG: SS (80)
    MRE: -

Equipment:

Laigrist- The Keen Cleaver
    Type: Elemental Artifact
    A radiant sword which has existed since the dark ages, Laigrist is said to have been the sword of the Hero God, Apeiron, used to cleave order from chaos at the time of the turmoil. The lustrous steel bears a glow which never fades and it is said that the sword itself is forged of crystallized light and the blood of those who have previously wielded the weapon, as well as elementals who fought alongside the elves during the Advent. When compared to other swords, it is often found that this blade surpasses them in every way imaginable. However, the blade is rather selective as to who can wield it. For those who wish to use it for conquest and ruin “will never know victory” and those who favor strength over empathy “shall never be able to support the featherweight sword.” When both of these conditions have been met, the rusted metal transforms into flawless steel blessed with the light of the heavens themselves.

It is a fabled sword that came into the possession of Sharna’s mother and is most known as the blade favored by her. In fact, Laigrist is so well-known under her mother, that most who see the blade actually mistake Sharna for the previous owner (before they are corrected).

1. This blade cannot be wielded by anyone who desires mere conquest and strength. In fact, anyone of that affinity that tries to wield this sword will instead have all their stats cut into half for a turn. When someone with the qualifications wields the weapon, it will transform into the flawless form it originally was and is granted the power to smite those who oppress the weak.

2. When fighting demons, ignore 20% of their Phy/Mag defense when melee attacking. Also as the sword contains the spiritual essence of the light elemental Nei’Lar who passed on during the Advent, it is possible to attack with a blade imbued with light, dealing STR+MAG damage for a cost of 40 for activation mana and a upkeep of 10 mana.

Azura- Nocturnal Rose
    Type: Normal Weapon
    The Azura is an ebony blade passed down from Sharna’s mother. According to stories she was told as a child, it’s a blade that her mother won in battle from a demonic adversary and took as her own as a testament to the might of the elves. It is further explained that it once held magical powers of its own; however, these powers were lost upon being broken once in the past. Nevertheless, it’s a formidable blade (even without its demonic power), and its dark design remains a direct contrast to Sharna’s Lagrist- the blade she wields as this weapon’s partner.

Spells:

Da’Roir- The Strength of Stones
    The name given to this magic invokes the spirit of the earth and calls upon it to fight at Sharna’s side. What she lacks in raw physical might, brutality, and adamance, she can make up for it all utilizing the body of this rocky titan. The giant, earthly avatar, once summoned, it will stand its ground and guard it’s summoner to the bitter end. Mainly a defensive spell that can also be used for offense in the form of counters, Da’Roir stands as Sharna’s ace-in-the-hole against adversaries that seek to exploit her weak close-combat skills.

Summoning the power of Da’Roir, an Earth elemental, will form an avatar of the spirit which takes the form of a rocky titan.. This titan can be positioned in front/behind/on either side of the caster. It holds this perk:

Tank: When adjacent to their summoning troops, can shield the damage and take it instead.

It’s stats measure to:

(80/60/0/30, x, 1, Melee/Physical) - Health: Matches MAG x2
    It is a single unit troop which always stays next to its caster. It may attack only in the form of counterattacks.

This avatar lasts for 3 turns and because it will constantly reform, regenerating 20 health every turn. Costs 120 mana, CD: 6
    "I promise nothing." - Sei "Kanra" Slayers
    Resident Sadist. Enjoys stepping and sitting on people.
    Avid lover of butts and anime.

Felur

Akito Hattori

“As you and your men go on alert, you sense something around the area where the mines are. Approaching the closed-down mine in question slowly but surely, you take a peek into the gloomy twilight of the mines. The smell of rotting meat stings your sensitive nose even further. Checking out the inside of the mine tunnel though, you find out that this was a mere storage area - there was no hostile presence whatsoever in that area. Or so you thought - as you caught the sound and smell of some very small figures rustling around the area.

While doing so, you pull back. Going in with your entire army would only slow you down, considering the area wasn’t too wide. Also, it wasn’t like there was an army of enemies - spider monsters were told to be solitary unless during mating season. Like a true spider, really. The only thing that worried you was the voracious appetite - what could be causing this monster to be eating so much to the point that you had to come out yourself to check things out?

As you move about as stealthily as possible, you brush across some stray webbing to move forward. As soon as you do so, though -

Whoosh

Something LARGE falls from the ceiling, right on top of you.

AGI check: Need higher than A
    Check successful.

Only your honed agility and hightened senses allow you to avoid the sneak attack. Tumbling to the side with sword in hand, you check out your assailant.

Spoiler:

A large spider - with a humanoid, or semi-humanoid, face. It had a crazed expression, eyes and tongue lolling around. It seemed to be under the control of a certain….level of madness? You couldn’t describe it too well, but there was a such a smell coming from it…..

It obviously wasn't in the right mind. Obviously, considering spider-monsters were not known to hoard enough meat so that it rotted - they would eat cleanly and only as much as they needed.

Which meant..there was a different cause behind this?

Either way, it didn't seem ready to listen to reason. There was no other way - than to fight.

----------------------------------------------------------
    Duel Activated.

Phantom
    ???

As your claw touches the smaller demon, you sense a sudden feeling of foreboding. Quickly you move to the side - not a moment too soon, because a giant blast of energy suddenly tumbles by the area you just stood. As you look at the destruction left in the wake of the blast with as much interest as would you show a dead slime, the smaller demon grins widely.

“Aahhh, why’d you dodge? And I thought it would be the perfect chance to see what your insides look like….Haaaa-. So bored. So very bored. Won’t a worthy opponent show up in the continent?”

The girl mutters while grinning widely, while flexing her fingers in a rather confident way. This was all garnished with a rather psychotic grin that decorated her mischievous face, which was something quite scary in several senses for even a demon of your standard.

Spoiler:

“Oh, it’s only you, Phantom. And here I was expecting some kind of surprise sneak attack from an angel or maybe some skilled human, although that in itself is as far-fetched as the existence of anyone stronger than me in this plane of existence. Kyahahahaha-!!”

Laughing madly, Nezerif waves her hands about.

Nezerif.
    Great General of the Demonic Army.
    The one nicknamed as ‘Calamity’ by the angels, and ‘The Executioner’ by the demons.

If there was any demon that rivalled the Makhim in power, it would be her.

The first of all demons, and the one with the power to dominate any other with mere willpower. It was a sort of power that had the ability to 'rule over other demons', a portion of the ability the Makhim held. She had the ability to control those near to her if she wished to do so - another reason why you wouldn't just try and eat her. Of course, you had first hand experience going against such a power, and thus you knew somewhat how to deal with it - but it was still an annoying ability to deal with.

“And I was getting rather hungry too. I heard you brought some humans over, Phantom. Give them to me - or, I assume you have already turned them? Too bad, they would have made good snacks.”

She also had the weird tendency to eat her victims alive - a rather disturbing tendency even for demons, who ate each other all the time to increase their level of power or just to sate the incredible hunger that was your only torment usually.

“Anyway, what’s up? Entertain me, you overgrown lizard. Kyahahaha-”

Apparently she didn't even hear what you had said before.

Baldur

The sturdy paladin of Sharis scoffs at the monster in front of him. “Name’s fer friends. So I don’t need one, Demon,” Baldur spits.

“But if ye want something to talk to, then talk to my hammer!” Grasping his warhammer tightly, Baldur charges across the square towards the writhing demoness. With a brave yell Baldur spins his body around and slams his weapon into the middle of the gooey mass that he assumed was the monster’s main body.

Spoiler:

"To a man with a sense of shame, his word is inviolate." Ivan The Mouse's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Urist Ukeraban
    Heart of Mountains - Reiziel City of Stone

I was able to snap Nadiya out of her technical trance once I have clapped in front of her face. It surprised her, to say the least, as if she was sleeping and was waken up suddenly. The scene made everyone who saw it laugh just a little bit and soon she smiled along with us, embarrassed at what she just experienced but in good nature, I think.

“Ahem, sorry for spacing out like that.”
    "No, no, that's okay." I replied, just waving my hand to say that it was nothing to me. I then looked around and called out, "Alright, the rest who are assigned with my squad, it's time to go now! Gather your weapons and equipment and follow me!" And as soon as we regroup outside the walls, we went to the view posts to start our guard duty.

Well, see, the Elor was never a race of combatants who are inclined to use melee weapons such as blades and pole arms, so we have devised this system of walkways and hollowed-out guard posts that were built around the cavern walls of the city, fitted with powerful telescopes to have an expansive view of the passages and mining pits outside the city limits. With such a way of surveillance, no wonder the City of Stone is as safe as it is today, and makes me proud of what our race has achieved in this field.

As we walk towards the place we were assigned to, I kept reminding the people with me. "Alright, squad, remember the standard operating procedures in guard duty: We split up, spread out through the walkways and gather information. Are we clear on that?"

But as we walk onwards the eastern guard posts, we meet somebody wearing a KW suit and maybe checking the internals of her Walker.

"Hello there, friends. Guard duty?”

"Yes, Sasha. And please, have mercy on your Walker and stop tinkering with that engine. We know that you can't do that without breaking something in it."

Ah, Sasha Burns, one of the Gate Guards. She was an odd bird amongst us Elor: I don't know why, but she keeps breaking things apart by simply touching them. Elor are supposed to create, not destroy. So that's why she's an anomaly to us. But she's a great warrior, I'll give her that.
    Last edited by Ivan The Mouse; July 23rd, 2014 at 09:30 PM.

Baldur

Your hammer slams into the side of the blob as tries to wave it aside. However, your strike this time was covered with holy energy, permeating the blob - whose eyes opened wide as the damage reached her.

Wise up
    Spoiler:
    Baldur

Strength: 60 A
    Defense: ?
    Agility: ?
    Dexterity: 50 B
    Magic Capacity: 20 E
    Magical Resistance: ?

Equipment:
    Demonbane
    Type: Holy Weapon
    Leaving his old smithing hammer at home, Baldur created a new warhammer for him to use against the demonic horde threatening the continent. Molded from a sacred stone blessed by the high priestess herself, Demonbane’s head glows with a brilliant sheen when held in the sunlight. On the edges of the head are lines from the Sharis holy book, dimly glowing gold midst the snow-white mineral.

1. Divine Justice: Deals additional holy damage depending on MAG Capacity stat of general. (MAG) This ignores enemy MR if they are demon.
    2. Scripture of Light: Leaves a Holy Seal upon struck demons (and troops) reducing a random stat by half for 2 turns. Stacks up to two times upon different stats. Stacks only once against champions.

60+20 = 80 damage
    DEX rank bonus.: x1.1 damage = 88 -> rounded up = 90
    Scripture of Light activates.
    Dice roll = 2
    DEF is reduced to half.
    “Ungh, this power…!”

As the holy power permeates the demon’s body, you can see that it’s skin / liquid is covered with a few golden scriptures, debuffing its capabilities. Now it wouldn’t be able to defend against your damage too easily….

With a face that looks like a half a grimace and half a grin, the blob falls back slightly, but the nun face turns into a wide smile.

“So it can’t be helped. And I was hoping it'd hurt a bit more, aaahn."

Twisting her body around like some kind of pervert, you were grossed out for a second until she spoke yet again in that alluring voice of hers -

"Now then - it's your turn to taste my power as payback~”

Licking her lips, you are suddenly hit by a strong nausea.

Ka'Shavi uses 3 Hypnotic Counters.
    Baldur has a random stat halved.
    Dice = 6
    MGR reduced to half. (40 -> 20)

Wise up
    Spoiler:
    Ka’Shavi

HP: 270/360
    MP: 600

STR: 70 (S)
    DEF: 60 (A) -> 30 (D)
    AGI: 40 (C)
    DEX: 40 (C)
    MAG: 60 (A)
    MRE: 60 (A)

Hypnotic Voice
    As a trickster demon, Ka’Shavi has learned how to manipulate emotions and thoughts with only her voice. Every turn spent fighting her (in which she will constantly talk) will count as a counter. When this counter reaches 3, targeted enemy will have a random stat halved for 3 turns. This will not work if the enemy has a higher MR than her Magic. No cost, No CD, does not stack multiple times but can save counters for another debuff immediately afterwards if the fight drags on. Doesn't work on other demons.

“Just listening to my voice for some time has this kind of effect to a human, I hope you are enjoying the....pleasure it gives~”

The demon merely grins as you feel sick.

“Then, I guess I should also attack…..”

Her body boils and convolutes as she suddenly turns into a ball. A rather large one, covered with a carapace of sorts and with sharp thorns pricking out of some areas.

"Try not to be crushed~"

As she laughs, the ball of doom starts rolling at you.

-Wise up-
    Spoiler:
    Glob of Flesh:
    Bunch entire body together into a glob and rush the opponent, overwhelming them. Deal 1.5 STR damage. No cost, 3 cooldown.

Last edited by Snax; July 25th, 2014 at 07:47 AM.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Dranes's Avatar
    Aldo Frei
    Lea
    Southern Mountain Ranges-Fort Cassio
    Morale: 77
    Supplies: 96%

I didn't get out of that last skirmish unharmed, one of the orcs had got a lucky hit in on my left shoulder. I was lucky that it wasn't much more then that, as simple minded as these orcs were it was silly to underestimate them and all of them now seem eager to take my life. This groups numbers however were dwindling now, with some aid it would be easy to finish this group off but there was still problem of the three war bands that would remain after this one, as well as the stronger trolls. In a direct fight, we'd most likely still be overwhelmed by their superior strength...the only choice now is to continue striking from a distance to whittle them down.

Time for a change of formation.

"All forward, infantry in front!"

Shouting those orders, I begin to move as well, I'd need to be in a more supportive position for this next attack.

Passing my the cavalry that had yet to engage in the battle, I motion and give simple orders to aid the infantry north that were still engaging the last of the first war band.

As the rest of my men moved, the formation started to take form...it was definitely not one that you'd find in a military textbook but it had the essentials needed for this battle. Infantry and pikemen were int he front to block off any orcs from moving forward while all ranged combatants stayed behind the defensive lines providing supportive fire, unlike the last battle I'd be in the latter group this time. We were close enough now to engage the second group of orcs, the attack would need to be a decisive strike without giving them a chance to attack. The faster we took them out, the less of my men would have to die today.

As a General of Lea, I will not let any of my men die in vain.

"Attack!"

As my words reach the ears of the men around me, javelins are flung, arrows fly through the air and the blast of Leissa's weapon fills the air once more. Soon the infantry in front of me attack once the first attacks hit their mark, giving no quarter for the orcs to try to fight back.

However, our attack was not over yet, there was still the matter the orcs west of the northern infantry. It was time to do my part once more for this battle, though the power behind my magic may be lacking to a 'real' magic knight I could do this much to help them. Once more I drew the mana in my body and focused it into my right hand, the near-translucent blue energy soon began turning into the same flames that were engraved into Leissa's gun. This time however, they began to coalesce into a ball of raging flames, an almost textbook example of a fireball that I'd think initiate mages would read about in their texts. Regardless, these flames would not harm me however the same didn't hold true for those orcs, as warm and welcoming as they could be to my allies there would be no mercy for these orcs.

With a simple throwing motion the ball of fire left my hand, soaring through the air threatening to burn anything that dared to stop it from hitting its target.

-----------------------------
    Actions taken/Attack order:
    All units move.
    Lea Infantry 1 toggles Tetsudo.
    Lea Pikemen attack Orc Warriors 2 with Javelins.
    Lea Archers attack Orc Warriors 2.
    Leissa Noissgard attacks Orc Warriors 2.
    Lea Infantry 2 attack Orc Warriors 2.
    Lea Infantry 1 attack Orc Warriors 1.
    Lea Cavalry attack Orc Warriors 1.
    Aldo uses Flames of the Forge (2), attacks Orc Warriors 3.

-----------------------------
    Aldo Frei
    Name: Aldo Frei
    Nationality: Lea

Statistics: 250
    STR: ???
    DEF: ???
    AGI: ???
    DEX: ???
    MAG: 40 (C)
    MRE: ???

HP: 300
    MP: 340/400

Mov: 3 (6 when on horseback)
    Range: 1~4 (magic)

Skill:

Flames of the Forge ~ 'Don't take me lightly.'
    Flame magic: you can create certain constructs of fire with one of the following properties at a time. Using flame magic has a cooldown of 3 turns. Any magic use costs 30 mana. All four spells work on separate cooldowns.
    1. ???
    Damage: Attacks with a fireball of 1.5x MAG amount of damage. Range = 5
    3. Enchantment: Adding fire onto a weapon to give it MAG damage capabilities/enhancing the weapon. Lasts for 2 turns. May cast on champions adjacent to your self. Cooldown begins after the effect ends but may end early.
    4. ???

Leissa Noissgard
    Name: Leissa Noissgard
    Nationality: Lea

Statistics: 250
    STR: 50 (B)
    DEF: ???
    AGI: ???
    DEX: ???
    MAG: 40 (C)
    MRE: ???

HP: 180
    MP: 360/400

Mov: 3 (6 on horseback)
    Range: 6

Perks:

Supportive Personnel
    When adjacent to any unit, raise their Phys Damage by 10.

Skill:

Focus Fire/Slash
    An attack that focuses on a single powerful blow, 1.5x damage, cost: 40 mana, 3 turn CD. D6 chance of critical hit for 1.5x damage after calculation.

Items:

Gunbarrel Barret - Normal Weapon
    A gun that doubles as a melee weapon. Allows for competitive melee/ranged combat, although this fragile design makes it prone to malfunction if used in melee too much.

Blog Entries
    Felur

Akito Hattori

My men and I slowly advance into the closed down mine. As we get closer, the smell of decaying meat slowly started to my nose... As I thought, there is something wrong with this monster. Judging by the webs and last time's incident. We were dealing with another spider. After realizing that the mine would impede my troops, I ordered them to fallback and to tell them that everyone was to remain on standby outside in case the spider got out. After they left, I decided to try and investigate the area on my own. I thought briefly on the spider monster's usual traits.

If I recall correctly, they only ate enough to live. Which makes this odd... While I was thinking about the oddity of this spider, I thoughtlessly brushed across some webbing. Hopefully that was just a normal spider's web inste-

I see something move and attempt to attack me. I quickly dodged backwards and readied Kisetsu to fight. Looks like it is a spider again. I haven't personally seen one before but there seems to be something wrong. It seemed to be crazed and out of control... Is someone manipulating it? I don't know if I can capture it alive but I can at least attempt to capture with it and maybe see why or who made it crazy. Since I need precision and mobility to handle this thing, I'll use Ninja.

"Armor Change: Ninja!"

As I said that the traditional armor I was wearing became sleeker, lighter, and suited for stealth missions. It is said that the Felur spirit is infused with our weapons and armor. As this armor has gone through time, it has been changed to suit its user's needs. Even today, it changes its form to suit its user whether it be fighting or sneaking by channeling one of the former wielder's spirit.

"...Why did I decide it was a good idea to attempt to capture a crazy spider out to murder me? Whatever. Let's do this."

I also forgot that it also subtly changes your personality to match the ancestor you chose to channel... How troublesome. Let's see, I still want to attempt to capture it. So what is the best way to do that? I can target the muscles in its legs and hands until it can't move. A little constricting but it might work.

Wise-Up!
    Akito Hattori
    HP: 220
    MP: 360

STR: 40 (C) [50 (B)]
    DEF: 20 (E) [30 (C)]
    AGI: 90 (SSS) [80 (SS)]
    DEX: 70 (S) [60 (A)]
    MAG: C (40)

Perk:
    ??? - ???

Weapons:
    Kisetsu - ???

Hattori Daimyo Armor (Tribal Totem Armor): An ancient shapeshifting armor dated back to the creation of the Felur Alliance. As befitting of its old ancient age, the powers it provides varies on the ancestor Akito calls to help him. The ancestors Akito can summon are ninja, ???, and ???.
    Ninja: An ancestor who lived in his life in the shadows. Stealth, assassinations, and dishonorable tactics was his forte. This form suits
    Akito the best when it comes to Akito’s fighting style alone.
    • Ninja: Gain a rank in AGI and DEX and lose a rank in STR and DEF. Gain access to the skill: StealthA skill one of your ancestors has honed, by donning this armor you may hide your presence and approach without being sensed for 2 turns. CD: 5 turns. No cost.

Skills:
    ??? - ???
    ??? - ???
    ??? - ???

Last edited by Kuroyuki; July 25th, 2014 at 12:45 AM.

Baldur

Baldur's vision swims as the demoness' magic voice assaults his mind and weakens his resistances. Shaking his head clear of most of the haze he takes notice of the giant boulder of hard carapace and spikes rolling towards him. Baldur dives to the side without thinking and through a doorway. He hears the lumbering rolling of the demon's form growing faint as paladin quickly gets up from the ground. He had landed in one of the villager's houses and it was just as bad as the outside: furniture strewn about with blood and entrails splattered throughout the floors and walls. Baldur swallows his bile and jumps alert as he hears a haunting giggle slowly getting closer, the foundation of the hut quaking violently. Immediately running to the opposite wall from where the noise was rapidly approaching, the strong paladin takes hold of his hammer and smashes it on the wooden wall and falls through to the outside. Not soon after he had done that that the demoness had rolled through the house, completely collapsing the building as it rolled through it.

Baldur could only keep running, destroying walls and entering buildings then breaking out of them, as the ball of death slowly encroached on him. There was no way this was the demon's real speed, Baldur thought. It was toying with him like a cat toyed with its prey. It was time for him to go on the offensive!

Stopping in the middle of the square, Baldur quickly turns around and faces down the other end of the square. The demon arrives and quickly turns its form and charges down the road at a much faster pace than before, its laughter ringing through the dead village. But Baldur was ready.

Taking a firm stance and holding his hammer ready, Baldur waits for the demon to get closer.

"Fer the cause!" the blond paladin shouts as the rolling mass of demonic strength approached. Grabbing his warhammer with both hands Baldur meets her demonic offense with his own holy offense.

-------------------
    Decisive Strike used.

Wise up!
    Baldur, Son of Harald

Statistics
    Strength: 60
    Defense: 60
    Agility: 20
    Dexterity: 50
    Magic Capacity: 20
    Magic Resistance: 40 --> 20 (debuffed)

Abilities
    Decisive Strike
    Baldur wields his warhammer with both hands as he deals a powerful blow. Such overwhelming power will overcome lesser defenses and leaves lasting impacts upon contact.
    [Your next attack will deal 2x STR and ignore 50% of the target's DEF. Cooldown of 3 turns and costs no mana.]

Spoiler:

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Zagrin's Avatar
    Phantom
    ???

Quote Originally Posted by Nezerif
    “Aahhh, why’d you dodge? And I thought it would be the perfect chance to see what your insides look like….Haaaa-. So bored. So very bored. Won’t a worthy opponent show up in the continent?”
    "I dodged because I enjoy this wonderful sensation called living."

Phantom muttered bluntly as he surveyed the area that the blast had devastated. It seemed that his own troops hadn't been caught up in the blast, thankfully. Honestly, what was that idiot girl thinking?

Ah that's right, she doesn't.

It seemed the Makhim had assigned the generals here not only to help with overseeing the conquest of the continent, but to also baby sit their Master Commander. At least Phantom had his doubts that the invasion would have gone anywhere had Nezerif been left to her own devices. It seemed that her appearance wasn't the only thing that was the same as that of a human child's.

“Oh, it’s only you, Phantom. And here I was expecting some kind of surprise sneak attack from an angel or maybe some skilled human, although that in itself is as far-fetched as the existence of anyone stronger than me in this plane of existence. Kyahahahaha-!!”
    Look, she was even waving her hands around, trying to look all scary. How cute...and childish.

"An angel or even human giving you a challenge, Nezerif? You're really underselling us demons, huh?"

Perhaps she believed herself more powerful than the rest of them, or perhaps it was simply blind faith in her ability to control her kind. Either way, the fact she had discredited her own kind as proving a challenge was rather disheartening. After all it was common practice for demons to kill each other for the most insignificant of reasons. It was folly for her to think that none would attack her in one way or another.

“And I was getting rather hungry too. I heard you brought some humans over, Phantom. Give them to me - or, I assume you have already turned them? Too bad, they would have made good snacks.”
    "There's lots of demons around, eat some of those. Though I suppose enjoying them is an acquired taste."

Apparently after having consumed it for so long, Phantom had grown accustomed to the taste of demon unlike the rest of his kind. Indeed, other demons often complained about the taste, even with the power that their flesh brought.

"But really, if you want a meal just join one of the raiding parties. Perhaps you'll finally get a taste of some freshly slaughtered human rather than the scraps that get brought back."

And she'll actually get some work done for once.

“Anyway, what’s up? Entertain me, you overgrown lizard. Kyahahaha-”
    There was a glint in Phantom's eyes, and what seemed to be a grin spread across his face.

"Entertain you? Well not like I had anything better to do."

On this desolate island, where the earth was scorched pitch black as far as the eye could see, there was little in the way of entertainment. That's why when she had asked him to entertain her, Phantom could only think of one thing.

A pitch black spear formed in his hand, making it clear what he was planning.

"They say you're as powerful as a Makhim. Considering it was one of them that had to seal me, I think this would be a good test to see just how much I've lost from those damn chains. So what do you say? Want to have a go at it?"

Mirron Sykel
    Solas

Your powerful blast of magic smacks the red slime head on, blowing a hole through its gelatinous body. The Nori follows suit - blasting it with a magic beam of energy, drilling yet another hole.

Sneak Attack success.
    Mirron: (80x1.5)x1.5 = 180 damage
    Nori: 70 damage
    Red Slime has 0 hp left.
    You gain 1 overkill counter.
    Red slime has been defeated.
    Dropped: x2 Red Gel
    As you pick up the remains, you note the red gel - which you scoop up in smile test tubes. These are usually not that useful for potions or magical items, but they worked well for natural coloring or dyes - perhaps you could sell them later, or do some designing.

Returning to the room with the bubbling water, you see the two green slimes have separated and are now munching slowly on moss on other sides of the room. You and Nori take a large container each and manage to coax them into your jars, putting a little of the spring water and a bunch of moss as well to keep them happy. You might want to add more moss every now and then though, considering they might get rowdy in your packs once they start getting hungry again.

Green Slime x2 captured.

Continuing your way, you go down the stairs to the next floor.

B2 - The Windy Corridors

You’ve been here before, too. For some reason, there were bird-type and bat-type monsters hanging around at times, which were rather annoying. The best way was to get out quick before a mob of them were attracted by noise….but then again, it wasn’t supposed to be time for bats to move about right now, so that was less of a issue.

Moving along, you find a nice open space with some actual lightstones keeping it bright and safe - probably a resting area made by previous alchemists. Finding yourself hungry, you and Nori take out some food and start taking a break.

-2% food supplies.

You could make some small talk, considering you didn’t really have any full ingredient lists to start making impromptu potions at the moment.