Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Fate/stay night [Realta Nua] English - Support thread

Is there any way to move the patch files location to somewhere outside of My Documents to another designated folder?

Blog Entries
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    SINIB is already a fan of the best whore. Well, she's not a whore per se, but I have it on good authority that she moves like an experienced prostitute.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdoom View Post
    Why?
    He probably wants to be able to have the game files and patch files in the same folder or something. Understandable really.

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

Not possible with the game being split into three separate routes, but we have an idea about that one.
    Memorable quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Kinoko Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnlimitedBladeWorks
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

Blog Entries
    I mean, it's not impossible. It wouldn't be convenient at all, but terrible idea isn't the same as impossible.

Well yeah it's possible but a lot of the patches use a custom patch directory so they can be accessed by any of the three routes, so we'd have to change that directory, uncomment support for normal patches, and then you'd have to take up nearly 3x the amount of space for patches.
    Memorable quotes

So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

Blog Entries
    Well, yeah.

I have the same problems as @SoraFinal99
    I've been trying every possible solution I've found for 3hours already...
    I've managed to run the VN 3 times, but it still was in japanese.

I have windows 7 home premium 64bit. It's in my native language, which isn't English. Maybe the OS language is the cause of problems here?
    Unfortunately, from what I've read it isn't possible to change the language in this version. Well, it's seems there is a way to change the language but I'm not going
    to bother with it.

Any ideas what to do?
    I have WinXP disc somewhere. Maybe i'll set up a VM and try to run it from there? Another bothersome solution....

Blog Entries
    goddamnit, the torrent comes with crack install instructions, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    SINIB is already a fan of the best whore. Well, she's not a whore per se, but I have it on good authority that she moves like an experienced prostitute.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdoom View Post
    goddamnit, the torrent comes with crack install instructions, doesn't it?
    It does, but that's irrelevant if he's having the same error message problem as SoraFinal, since that one's not caused by not having the cracks, as far as we know. Jack even said he hasn't seen that bug before. But if he's actually just having a problem getting it to show in English then ye...I'm trying via PM's to help another guy with running the game, and I'm amazed how much difficulty some people have with understanding even the simplest things, even after you've explained it to them over and over again, in increasingly spoon-feeding, excruciating detail...

Anyway, we probably shouldn't discuss torrents openly like this Bdoom, we could get in trouble...

EDIT: And the guy I mentioned managed to get the game to work as it should at last. The satisfactory feeling of success.
    Last edited by Rokudaime; August 31st, 2014 at 08:17 PM.

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

Quote Originally Posted by Rokudaime View Post
    I'm amazed how much difficulty some people have with understanding even the simplest things, even after you've explained it to them over and over again, in increasingly spoon-feeding, excruciating detail...
    Hence why I want to do a Tiger Dojo explaining it.
    Memorable quotes

I am able to read what's written in the manual, guys. Thank you for your concern.
    It gives the same errors even without the english patch.

Nevermind. I'll deal with it in my free time.

I'd like to thank you for your hard work and releasing the patch.
    Sayounara.

Quote Originally Posted by nse View Post
    I am able to read what's written in the manual, guys. Thank you for your concern.
    It gives the same errors even without the english patch.

Nevermind. I'll deal with it in my free time.

I'd like to thank you for your hard work and releasing the patch.
    Sayounara.
    Show us what errors you are having. Give me a screencap.
    Memorable quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Jacktheinfinite101 View Post
    Hence why I want to do a Tiger Dojo explaining it.
    DO IT!
    And make it as funny as you can.

As I've mentioned before, the errors are the same as here

Nevertheless,
    I have managed to find the proper solution.
    The problem lies in the windows user's profile folder name (X:\Users\user_name)
    The name of my profile folder has a diacritical mark that is only available in my language.
    I've created a new account and it works now. The patch also works, everything is in english as it's supposed to be.

So yeah, I had a hunch that it's something connected with the language. Forgot that this causes some software to not work properly.

Best regards,
    nse.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nse View Post
    As I've mentioned before, the errors are the same as here

Nevertheless,
    I have managed to find the proper solution.
    The problem lies in the windows user's profile folder name (X:\Users\user_name)
    The name of my profile folder has a diacritical mark that is only available in my language.
    I've created a new account and it works now. The patch also works, everything is in english as it's supposed to be.

So yeah, I had a hunch that it's something connected with the language. Forgot that this causes some software to not work properly.

Best regards,
    nse.
    Huh, this is actually a useful discovery...Jack, take note.

Since i don't want to make a thread for this, does anyone have a complete 100% save for FS/N?

Wrong thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacktheinfinite101 View Post
    I say we start putting copyright claims on people since they are the pinnacle of art.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Now I just have the image of Shirou Projecting chair after chair to drive Shiki insane.
    Unlimited Switch Works!
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibi View Post
    *Switch On*

I am the switch of my sword.
    Switches are my body, and options are my blood.
    I have created over a thousand patches.
    Unknown to DA.
    Nor known to Jack.
    Have withstood pain to make every switch compatible.
    Yet, those hands will never toggle anything.
    So as I pray,
    Unlimited Switchgate Works.
    Hollowgate 2014, Never forget.

Hello. I read the first post in this thread, so it does seem to be the right place for me to report this typo:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FSN typo1.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	24.4 KB 
ID:	11888

According to the title of my save, this takes place during "3rd Day: Awakening-Morning - What is burned in".

Changing "cause" to "'cause" (that's an added apostrophe in case it's hard to see here) should set things straight. I'm guessing you'd rather use that than "because" since it seems as though Fuji-Nee is using informal language.

Excuse me if this was still posted in the wrong section.
    Last edited by s3rialthrill3r; January 14th, 2015 at 08:52 AM.

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Massive grave-dig!

Please tell me I'm not the only one that's having a crazy time just getting the download started, because it's ridiculous - clicking "Direct download link" just reloads the page (with adblocker enabled) or directs me to a malware site (with adblocker disabled) and clicking the "Download" button tells me that it doesn't work in Chrome and that I have to use IE (ewww).

EDIT: And the stupid IE download is one of those that insist on using their own downloader which by default includes a bunch of malware (I checked via sandboxie).

EDIT 2: Perhaps it'd be wiser to put the patch on Google Drive (which is where Jack's patch is located and it's been fine...save for some people saying the download is slow, but that's not much of an issue for a 31MB file)
    Last edited by NM64; May 19th, 2016 at 05:11 PM.
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song: