Page 190 of 568 FirstFirst ... 90140180185188189190191192195200240290 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,800 of 11348

Thread: Heaven's Feel Movies

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    I suspect Nasu did it that way to show off her twisted view, that despite it all, Rider is going to fuck it up because of the conflict between her desire to not have Sakura end up a monster and her other position of fuck you all, you deserve it
    Well, they had a pretty good scene where Medusa was talking to Avenger in Hollow, and it went in depth with who she was before, why she so loyal to Sakura, and why a former divine spirit like her would become a spirit that aided a human. Iirc, it went into how much she originally liked humans, and pieced together some of the other bits that went into her past.

It was an interesting talk about what makes one a monster and such. Though I kind of wonder what Nasu would think about that part now after he made a character like Gorgon.

Either way, in HF, Medusa filled the role of a poisonous friend of sorts, where her desire for Sakura not to become a monster like her is mixed with the hatred she has for being ostracized and hunted as a monster.

From her perspective, you go all in for the people she cares about, and she saw Shirou was too reckless and inexperienced, thus a danger (so her methodology does the extreme thing of hanging him in front of her), or that Rin is too wishy washy, so she doesn't put her trust in her.

Medusa has this very rash way of thinking despite how cool she seems, which fits the chaotic part well. She has a very selfish almost fae way of thinking, and projects herself onto Sakura. She assumes what Sakura would want and believes what she does is for the best.

It's why when Sakura sacrificed the last command spell, that was the turning point that made her really understand, which is why she saved Shirou not too long afterwards. But then you might be thinking, "so why did Shirou have to jump through so many hoops later on to get her as a partner". The answer is of course because that doesn't mean her desire has changed, so someone who is half in/half out on trying to save her charge won't cut it. From her perspective, killing Sakura isn't a mercy, it's her seeing again a "monster" being put down that was made one outside it's own will.

So what she sees at the end of that isn't mercy or freeing someone, it's just plain death and a corpse who can't really care about their happiness because they are dead. So it's kind of no wonder why she was as stubborn as she was, or as fickle as she was.
    Last edited by Altima of the Gates; May 25th, 2017 at 07:45 AM.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Rider would let Rin mercy kill Sakura as a loved sister, but not exterminate her as a monster?
    don't quote me on this

Blog Entries
    I doubt either, honestly.

How do you think people would think of Shirou in HF? I'm kind of sad that people didn't like him in UBW, where he's supposed to at his best. But what do you think people would think of him in Heaven's Feel?

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Phil12's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    304,680,406/Phil12
    Probably the same. You shouldn't get so hung up on this. It's not like everyone has to like him.

I know not everyone has to like him, but considering the reception he has in the anime community, I'm kind of curious as to what people would think of him.

US Friend Code
    Should have some positive receptions for HF. He was pretty cool in the route for the most part, especially with the VS Berserker and Sparks Liner, though we probably won't get the latter animated.
    He still wasn't as cool as Kirei was.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

You really think so? I thought he was cool first watching UBW at the end. But I admit, he was freaking badass against Saber and Berserker. What would people think of him forsaking his ideals to protect Sakura? A lot of people wanted Kiritsugu 2.0, and instead got Emiya Shirou.

US Friend Code
    Who would want another Kiritsugu. Just one has enough Edge to see us through the end times.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Whatever our opinion is, people like edge, hence most edgy show are successful. HF Shirou is the edgiest of the three, I bet many people will start to like him here.

When people call something something edgey there are making fun of it. Just say that it's dark instead.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Whatever our opinion is, people like edge, hence most edgy show are successful. HF Shirou is the edgiest of the three, I bet many people will start to like him here.
    This, basically. I seem to remember there being a lot of people that preferred MoS ending because Shirou going MAXIMUM EDGE!!!! is the best possible end.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    Who would want another Kiritsugu. Just one has enough Edge to see us through the end times.
    I think I just remembered why I hate Mind of Steel so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus

Literally, and Figuratively I see.

Anyway, we have to take in that Shirou is choosing one life, at the cost of many. While I do find it admirable that Shirou is willing to protect those he loves dearly, in contrast to his cold hearted father, I don't think people would be a fan of him risking the lives of many for love.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by enotita View Post
    the reception he has in the anime community
    I think your definition of "the anime community" is probably off from what it really is

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    That is only because most people just think HF is the "darkest", and dark suddenly means "mature", even when there are dark elements to the entire thing.

It's just basic fandom silliness. I still remember the bunches of people who said they hated young Sakura because they thought she pushed Kariya down the stairs in that last episode. It didn't help that we had the onrush of sadist loli Sakura fanart around that time.

Fan perceptions are just weird at times.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    That is only because most people just think HF is the "darkest", and dark suddenly means "mature", even when there are dark elements to the entire thing.

It's just basic fandom silliness. I still remember the bunches of people who said they hated young Sakura because they thought she pushed Kariya down the stairs in that last episode. It didn't help that we had the onrush of sadist loli Sakura fanart around that time.
    It also didn't help that IIRC the Butcher originally wanted to have a scene like that in there with Darkura or something but Nasu shot him down for being too edgy.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Shirou will forever be the idiot hat says that "people die when they are killed" and "just because you're correct doesn't mean you're right" and "your birthday is when you celebrate being born" because fuck context amirite?
    burn your dread you coward

"Reddit" nice meme.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs