Page 369 of 568 FirstFirst ... 269319359364367368369370371374379419469 ... LastLast
Results 7,361 to 7,380 of 11348

Thread: Heaven's Feel Movies

Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    They don’t make these posters with TM know-all’s in their loving thought you know. It’s HF in movie form after having experienced Fate and UBW so your expectations are still grounded by those.
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    He is on the poster so that people who don't know the story are hyped for him and shocked for his sudden death.
    This.

Posters exist to advertise. Gil is on the poster because he's a well known character who will draw in people's attention to the image, so they'll go, "Oh wow, is Gilgamesh in this?" and see it. It's the same reason Alter was on this image even though she wasn't in part 1 at all.
    Last edited by Reign; October 7th, 2018 at 03:34 PM.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Semantics and you goshdarn know it. The poster wasn't drawn in a vacuum. Takeuchi might be Takeuchi but he still had specific guidelines to follow.
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    You don't have to be creative since the original was pretty bad. He slashed her up so much that the sinew of her arms was barely holding them together, while she was barely awake blearily trying to put her intestines back in, and then he GOB her again and then throws more shade since she isn't being graceful enough to die, then uses a giant hammer to knock her head off down an alleyway, then he tries to walk away and gets eaten.

It's brutal enough, it's why I always wondered why people thought that it was quick or he just got caught by surprise. He got melted by the thing in the 4th war and survived by Charisma check, he just was too arrogant.
    It's definitely brutal enough in the VN, but I doubt it won't receive at least a little escalation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    tfw no Fate/One
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    How do I get into type moon.

watch prisma illya. If your amused or aroused, keep going.

if you are disconcerted or want to call the FBI, run away
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    Curse those 15 year old girls *shakes fist angrily*

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Honestly, those escalations are the one that I looking forward to
    I mean, I already know about the rest

US Friend Code
    Lancer vs Assassin was still the highlight of the first movie for me. Highway part was too much, but the parts running through the city and at the lake were great. So I'm looking forward to seeing Gil.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Lancer vs Assassin was still the highlight of the first movie for me. Highway part was too much, but the parts running through the city and at the lake were great. So I'm looking forward to seeing Gil.
    Lancer vs Assassin was dumb pointless filler that burnt up runtime and distracted from what actually mattered in the story.

It was the very definition of style over substance, and the fact that they're 90% going to go for the same thing again with Gil vs The Shadow while neglecting stuff that actually is important for more spectacle is disheartening, as the movie will only suffer for it.

But it will have purty esplosions, so who cared right???

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Lancer vs Assassin was dumb pointless filler that burnt up runtime and distracted from what actually mattered in the story.

It was the very definition of style over substance, and the fact that they're 90% going to go for the same thing again with Gil vs The Shadow while neglecting stuff that actually is important for more spectacle is disheartening, as the movie will only suffer for it.

But it will have purty esplosions, so who cared right???
    Lancer VS Assassin was 8 min long in a 120 min long movie, and only less than half of it was anime original. How can someonw think that it "burnt up runtime" is beyond me.

The story told in the movie will always be inferior to the one told in the VN, so just give me cool animated scenes of all my favorite moments, both action and not.

That's basically what I think about any anime adaptation at this point after having already read the source material, so I'm fine with stuff like that tbh. Although yes, the highway part was a little too much, because it just drags.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

JP Friend Code
    To those who already know the story pretty fight scenes and explosions, that weren't in the original are a nice extra bonus to enjoy. Sucks for the anime only people, but then again, I don't think I've seen anyone critisize that scene other than those who've already read the VN.

That said I don't for a second think they're gonna do anything big with Gil. Any promotional material/exposure he gets is IMO just setting up for the big bait and switch where he gets suddenly nom'd; it'll be like Ga-Rei Zero's first episode all over again.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    I don't know why keep fixating with the 2 min long chase in the highway when the longest anime only scene in the movie is the 20 min long initial flashback about Shirou ans Sakura with NO FIGHTING AT ALL.

JP Friend Code
    Because that stuff is relevant to the story and actually does a good job of establishing the relationship between Shirou and Sakura and showing why he (and by extension us as an audience) should care about her? (which ironically the actually VN didn't do in favour of "OHLOOKHOWTRAGICSHEISPITYHERWHYAREN'TYOUPITYINGHER ???")

As opposed to the highway scene that was both A) Stupid and B) Pointless.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    It'll be 1:58 if they removed that one
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Because that stuff is relevant to the story and actually does a good job of establishing the relationship between Shirou and Sakura and showing why he (and by extension us as an audience) should care about her? (which ironically the actually VN didn't do in favour of "OHLOOKHOWTRAGICSHEISPITYHERWHYAREN'TYOUPITYINGHER ???")

As opposed to the highway scene that was both A) Stupid and B) Pointless.
    You don't get my point. What I want to say is that in the movie there were way more anime only scenes about meaningful character interaction than anime only fights.
    Last edited by Yggdrasil; October 7th, 2018 at 06:20 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    You don't get my point. What I want to say is that in the movie there were way more anime only scenes about meaningful character relationship than anime only fights.
    And clearly you don't get mine. It doesn't matter if it's a fight scene or character stuff, you shouldn't add things to a story that don't... well, add to the story.

If the highway chase scene improved the work I'd be fine with it. But it doesn't. So it's bad and should go.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Lancer vs Assassin was... important. The truck fight was pretty ridiculous, and TA lasted a whole lot longer than he should've, but it set the tone for the rest of the series. Gave an idea as to what to expect from the Servants, gave some personality to the two, showed the crafty assassin at work, and how outclassed he was. Sure, you could cut down on it, but that'd take perhaps a minute off the movie's runtime, and we lose out on a bunch of pleasing eye candy.

Meanwhile there are several minutes in the opening that are just minimal movement, minimal sound, just silence and maybe the sound of cicadas, and nothing at all going on. It absolutely didn't have the pace or feel of Fate, not even of HF.

It annoyed me when I watched it, but I only really figured out why later- it was because the beginning of that movie wasn't the beginning of HF, but the beginning of some incredible claustrophobic mid-summer (fuck, I've forgotten who it was who made those heartstring-pulling films) style of anime movie, where nothing truly ever goes right, and everybody & everything are all just a little bit off, and you never ever find out what's really going on, but the characters and their experiences together are the important part, only that movie doesn't exist, and it's a really good buildup to something it absolutely does not fit.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Blog Entries
    It's almost as if it's a Servant-driven franchise made by a studio with a reputation for its incredible fight scenes!

Now what's going to get more word of mouth and get more tickets sold: Another big, flashy action sequence or another scene of Shirou cooking breakfast for the gang?

It's a franchise meant to make money. It has some cool things to say sometimes, but let's not pretend Type-Moon is some sacred cow that has always been about THE ARTISTRY. If anything, it's a cash cow.
    Last edited by Imperial; October 7th, 2018 at 06:36 PM.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Lancer vs Assassin was... important. The truck fight was pretty ridiculous, and TA lasted a whole lot longer than he should've, but it set the tone for the rest of the series. Gave an idea as to what to expect from the Servants, gave some personality to the two, showed the crafty assassin at work, and how outclassed he was. Sure, you could cut down on it, but that'd take perhaps a minute off the movie's runtime, and we lose out on a bunch of pleasing eye candy.

Meanwhile there are several minutes in the opening that are just minimal movement, minimal sound, just silence and maybe the sound of cicadas, and nothing at all going on. It absolutely didn't have the pace or feel of Fate, not even of HF.

It annoyed me when I watched it, but I only really figured out why later- it was because the beginning of that movie wasn't the beginning of HF, but the beginning of some incredible claustrophobic mid-summer (fuck, I've forgotten who it was who made those heartstring-pulling films) style of anime movie, where nothing truly ever goes right, and everybody & everything are all just a little bit off, and you never ever find out what's really going on, but the characters and their experiences together are the important part, only that movie doesn't exist, and it's a really good buildup to something it absolutely does not fit.
    For me the deliberate slow pace of the beginning was very pleasant. I think it showed well how empty was the life of Shirou in those years.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Lancer vs Assassin was amazing, and no one would give a shit about Lancer dying like a chump to some random CGI monster if he didn't have the chance to show off first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    I did like the slow opening of the movie too but I felt like overall the second half felt rushed, so speeding the opening up a little bit may have helped.

I liked the way they recapped the prologue in the credits using UBW footage, that was neat.