Page 390 of 423 FirstFirst ... 290340380385388389390391392395400 ... LastLast
Results 7,781 to 7,800 of 8447

Thread: Heaven's Feel Movies - Third Coming Spring 2020

  1. #7781
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six forumghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,778
    JP Friend Code
    697363510
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Rebellion13 View Post
    what?? U sure? Where you can get that?
    From the link Raff just posted.

    "If we were to say his prime was 'before joining up with the Einzberns' [Zouken] would fare well even against a servant, and can even win (probably against one servant) under good conditions."

  2. #7782
    Horseman War of Apocalypse Knight of Rebellion13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Get lost in life
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,728
    US Friend Code
    632,328,855 IGN Haru-Chan
    wooowwell he has lived for hundred years after all
    Hmmm what prime Zouken can do beside making bugs?
    Spoiler:

    War bring nothing but loss for both sides

  3. #7783
    Beats By Matthew ft. Dr. Para Rafflesiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    31,765
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    US Friend Code
    793848092
    Blog Entries
    16
    Having rewatched Presage Flower just now, it's more forgiving to newbies than I thought. Most of what would be confusing at the start of the movie is explained later on in the movie to a satisfactory degree. In terms of things that you'd have to tell a fresh person watching it, I'd say they'd be the Class system (as that ties into how many super-dudes there are running around) and what a Servant is besides a super-dude (and by extension what a Noble Phantasm is besides a super move). Otherwise a viewer with sharp eyes could infer the rest, including the opening montage, in which the important events are:

    - Shirou dies
    - Shirou survives (thanks to a pendant?)
    - Blue Man tries to kill Shirou
    - Glowy circle and glowy sword *
    - Blue Girl appears (thanks to glowy circle and glowy sword?) *
    - Blue Girl fights off Blue Man, but is injured
    - Blue Girl wounds Red Man, who is with Shirou's crush
    - Shirou and his crush aren't trying to kill each other

    * indicates events that feasibly require knowing about Servants and summoning to make sense in a superficial fashion

    As for Lancer and Assassin v. Truck, I can make as many justifications about the breakdown of the Holy Grail War and secrecy and intruding into the normal human order as I want, but really I'm just a simple man who enjoys flashy flashy boom, and it delivered. Presage Flower's still great, Sakura's still cute, Lost Butterfly hype sufficiently intensified.
    Supports:


    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

  4. #7784
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Thanks, I should probably read this after I watch the movie. Maybe I'll do it tomorrow.

    Important Facts:
    - TOKIOMI DID NOTHING WRONG

    NOTHING

    WRONG
    I never liked the "he should have known or done something" train of thought anyway. It was too much of a headache.

    - Sakura doesn't understand what it means to be loved.
    I can hear the world's smallest violin right now.

    - Hail Mary compatibility summons aren't a thing, press F for fanfics everywhere.
    What does this mean exactly?

    - Sakura's too depressing
    Yes

    - Archer figured out what Sakura was going through, but that's not his problem.
    Of course not, why would it be his problem?
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"


    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

    > Making smart decisions


    Pick one


    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.


    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some


    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.




  5. #7785
    Beats By Matthew ft. Dr. Para Rafflesiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    31,765
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    US Friend Code
    793848092
    Blog Entries
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    What does this mean exactly?
    To summon a Servant, you need to have either a catalyst with sufficient memories of history or land with sufficient memories of history. Otherwise it won't work at all.

    So even though I like helping people like Siegfried, if I tried summoning him in an American Walmart without a catalyst I'm shit out of luck.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Also it's a death knell for Shirou summons Medea/Tamamo/Scathach/etc. without a catalyst fanfics.
    Supports:


    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

  6. #7786
    Oh wow, that's bad for those writers then.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"


    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

    > Making smart decisions


    Pick one


    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.


    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some


    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.




  7. #7787
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six forumghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,778
    JP Friend Code
    697363510
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    To summon a Servant, you need to have either a catalyst with sufficient memories of history or land with sufficient memories of history. Otherwise it won't work at all.

    So even though I like helping people like Siegfried, if I tried summoning him in an American Walmart without a catalyst I'm shit out of luck.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Also it's a death knell for Shirou summons Medea/Tamamo/Scathach/etc. without a catalyst fanfics.
    Like that'd stop them.

    Besides, it does say that 'there are cases where the summoner himself is the catalyst' (though I can't imagine that working out in Shirou's case. Summoning the Red Man would not go well for him.)

  8. #7788
    鬼 Ogre-like You's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    https://twitter.com/LickYouTie
    Posts
    32,405
    JP Friend Code
    101043939
    Blog Entries
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    To summon a Servant, you need to have either a catalyst with sufficient memories of history or land with sufficient memories of history. Otherwise it won't work at all.

    So even though I like helping people like Siegfried, if I tried summoning him in an American Walmart without a catalyst I'm shit out of luck.
    .
    It says the summoner can be the catalyst
    So that would be fine

    - - - Updated - - -

    Sniped
    Quote Originally Posted by Canon View Post
    On You's tombstone it will read
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    That's exaggerating my point.

  9. #7789
    Beats By Matthew ft. Dr. Para Rafflesiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    31,765
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    US Friend Code
    793848092
    Blog Entries
    16
    Tch, I missed that. I'd like to think that's along the lines of Gil summoning himself.
    Supports:


    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

  10. #7790
    O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    14,961
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    https://imgur.com/a/yhv4ZNd

    "What about the credit pages at the start and the end?" No.
    "Can you make them brighter?" No.
    "This part's a little blurry, can you take another picture?" No.
    "Can you make a Mega link? Become a man, and do it yourself.
    "But what about the art bo-" HELL NO. It's all Newtype and Lawson's stuff that everyone's already seen anyways.

    Important Facts:
    - TOKIOMI DID NOTHING WRONG

    NOTHING

    WRONG

    - Sakura doesn't understand what it means to be loved.
    - Hail Mary compatibility summons aren't a thing, press F for fanfics everywhere.
    - Sakura's too depressing for those doujins where Shinji whores her out to other students to ever be canon.
    - Archer figured out what Sakura was going through, but that's not his problem.

    - - - Updated - - -


    yes
    Ill repay you for this
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    you don't need to think about it that hard
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    I dont get it
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    nothing makes sense

  11. #7791
    吸血鬼 Vampire JZangetsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Brazil
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    112
    JP Friend Code
    631654965
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    It's cool that Nasu likes it, I don't. Saber and Diarmuid's first fight in Zero is still the pinnacle of Servant to Servant combat as far as I'm concerned: They tear furrows in the ground and the containers next to them just by clashing their weapons, but their movements are still relatively subdued and you can actually appreciate their skill in trying to dismante each other with the minimal amount of moves. There's all of one flip in the entire battle and that's when Arturia desperately dodges Gae Buidhe the only way she can (and still gets injured for her troubles). Compare and contrast with Lancer's spastic flailing nearly the entirety of the Assassin fight.
    This is actually the opposite of what servants fights should be, all the fast paced and over-the-top action is what should actually be reflected as a servant battle, they maintaned that slow pace action even on the second fight of Saber x Diarmuid when the novel clearly states how superhuman they were.

    The holy sword intertwined with the demonic lance, in direct opposition; the sparks flying were simply dazzling. The clash between the precious artifacts of legend, driven by strength and speed far beyond that of a human, passed the speed of sound, nearing the speed of light. Observation had long since lost meaning in this momentous battle. Those divine skills, pushed to the limits at the point of this fierce battle, were having a supreme contest between the two.An unknown number of rounds had been fought; perhaps tens of rounds, perhaps hundreds of rounds. It was simply impossible to determine with a mortal eye. After the lance and sword of the two clashed, they finally separated, and moved away from each other.
    Last edited by JZangetsu; January 11th, 2019 at 03:47 AM.

  12. #7792
    Taiga's knight Tobias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    33
    Posts
    39,600
    Blog Entries
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Tch, I missed that. I'd like to think that's along the lines of Gil summoning himself.
    I mean

    i donít really have a dog in this fight, but it seems pretty clear cut to me that itís saying that if all else fails, your own traits will determine the servant
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

  13. #7793
    Εις οιωνός άριστος, αμύνεσθαι περί πάτρις Deathhappens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Always somewhere
    Posts
    3,983
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    https://imgur.com/a/yhv4ZNd

    "What about the credit pages at the start and the end?" No.
    "Can you make them brighter?" No.
    "This part's a little blurry, can you take another picture?" No.
    "Can you make a Mega link? Become a man, and do it yourself.
    "But what about the art bo-" HELL NO. It's all Newtype and Lawson's stuff that everyone's already seen anyways.

    Important Facts:
    - TOKIOMI DID NOTHING WRONG

    NOTHING

    WRONG

    - Sakura doesn't understand what it means to be loved.
    - Hail Mary compatibility summons aren't a thing, press F for fanfics everywhere.
    - Sakura's too depressing for those doujins where Shinji whores her out to other students to ever be canon.
    - Archer figured out what Sakura was going through, but that's not his problem.

    - - - Updated - - -


    yes
    Real Hiro o7

    - - - Updated - - -

    I see the conversation continued in my absence yesterday. I'd have liked to expound some more, but I'd say my points have been more or less covered by others. Nice to not be the wailing madman for once.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Once and always and nevermore.

  14. #7794
    Horseman War of Apocalypse Knight of Rebellion13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Get lost in life
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,728
    US Friend Code
    632,328,855 IGN Haru-Chan
    OOooohhh Taiga turns out to be a deeper character than a carefree happy teacher. I didn't know this!
    Spoiler:

    War bring nothing but loss for both sides

  15. #7795
    Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    hubba bubba
    Posts
    11,546
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    Just think about the story of this girl, Sakura, and how she goes to this guy's house for years as her only crutch of happiness while going through the motions of living since every aspect of her tortured life has already been decided. About how she unknowingly misses the only opportunity for the Senpai route forever by not walking home with him on that ONE night. No Tiger Dojo

    Now rest of her life suddenly spirals into a Bad End where Ms. Favorite Child That Has Everything shows up to acknowledge her long enough to get her kicked out of this happy place and spends two magical~ weeks with her Senpai that has him eating right out of the vixen's hands by the end of it. As time moves on, Sakura ever distantly drifts into the awkward third wheel as Shirou and Rin do and talk about thing that consistently keep her out of the loop, and the final nail is hammered in the coffin as they decide to move to London for "study", together. Powerless and in no position to do anything about it, Sakura is left behind and eventually forgotten.

    Zouken's plan ultimately fails too because Sakura's perpetual aura of loom and gloom eventually kills all the dick worms with erectile dysfunction and it wards off all the suitors.

    At the end of the day, Senpai, who we"ll dub as Archer for now:
    was in a working relationship with Rin in life that remained significant
    imprinted the meeting with Saber into his soul like a baby chick would
    and Sakura was just the childhood friend that always loses
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

    Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

  16. #7796
    Horseman War of Apocalypse Knight of Rebellion13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Get lost in life
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,728
    US Friend Code
    632,328,855 IGN Haru-Chan
    Omg you're so rash

    It makes me remember when I still visit MAL. Someone make a GIF Sakura eating worms right at the face of Sakurafag
    Spoiler:

    War bring nothing but loss for both sides

  17. #7797
    Εις οιωνός άριστος, αμύνεσθαι περί πάτρις Deathhappens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Always somewhere
    Posts
    3,983
    Quote Originally Posted by JZangetsu View Post
    This is actually the opposite of what servants fights should be, all the fast paced and over-the-top action is what should actually be reflected as a servant battle, they maintaned that slow pace action even on the second fight of Saber x Diarmuid when the novel clearly states how superhuman they were.
    Oh hey, a comment recent enough that I can respond to it!

    That, you see, is the difference between literature and visual media. In a book, you can't show your readers what's happening, so you use their imagination to create the image; simile, metaphor, and exaggeration are all valuable tools in a writer's arsenal. When you write about a strike "falling like a thunderclap" or a character "bending like a reed on a mighty wind", what you're trying to do is conjure in the reader's head "the image of a strike as heavy and swift as a lightning bolt" or "the image of a character swaying back with impossible grace". With animation, you actually have to show your watchers this "divine contest of skill" and have them come away with "this was a battle between people who are incredibly skilled". You can't adhere to the whole "too fast for mortal eyes to follow" thing or you end up with silliness like that bit in the first Archer/Lancer fight in UBW, where all you see is their hands Jojoing and sparks coming off for half a minute. This might look impressive to the uninitiated, but in fact it's a time-honoured time and labour-saving technique; no need to draw/animate what their limbs are actually doing, just draw a hundred hands clashing with a hundred other hands and the reader/watcher can make up the fight in their own mind! That's why you see it used so much in older anime and manga in particular: Jojo, Hokuto no Ken, Dragonball, etc. It takes far more effort to actually show a fight that makes it look like the participants are "divinely skilled" without ending up looming dumb. The Saber/Diarmuid fight is a great exanple; as a good runner-up, the Saber/Kojirou fight in UBW went pretty well, as I recall it. Contrast with Archer fighting Kojirou, again in UBW, where he stops and twirls his swords like a fidget spinner in the middle of a fight because the choreographer couldn't come up with a better way to show a skilled dual-wielding swordsman.

    Getting a bit off-topic to make my point easier to understand, it's like the gunplay in [B-action movie of your choice] where the characters twirl their guns around all the time versus the gunplay in John Wick, where you can see him take a shooting stance every time he aims his gun at someone.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobin View Post
    Just think about the story of this girl, Sakura, and how she goes to this guy's house for years as her only crutch of happiness while going through the motions of living since every aspect of her tortured life has already been decided. About how she unknowingly misses the only opportunity for the Senpai route forever by not walking home with him on that ONE night. No Tiger Dojo

    Now rest of her life suddenly spirals into a Bad End where Ms. Favorite Child That Has Everything shows up to acknowledge her long enough to get her kicked out of this happy place and spends two magical~ weeks with her Senpai that has him eating right out of the vixen's hands by the end of it. As time moves on, Sakura ever distantly drifts into the awkward third wheel as Shirou and Rin do and talk about thing that consistently keep her out of the loop, and the final nail is hammered in the coffin as they decide to move to London for "study", together. Powerless and in no position to do anything about it, Sakura is left behind and eventually forgotten.

    Zouken's plan ultimately fails too because Sakura's perpetual aura of loom and gloom eventually kills all the dick worms with erectile dysfunction and it wards off all the suitors.

    At the end of the day, Senpai, who we"ll dub as Archer for now:
    was in a working relationship with Rin in life that remained significant
    imprinted the meeting with Saber into his soul like a baby chick would
    and Sakura was just the childhood friend that always loses
    That's funny, but not entirely fair. Rin had a crush on Shirou for years too, one she held off from acting on because it was her gloomy sister's only ray of hope. It took a literally world-ending event for her to get closer to him, and it's not like she went in in "steal yo man" mode. It just... happened.
    Besides, Shirou is a dork. Sakura could've gotten him at any point just by actually clinging to him for once, she just couldn't drop the Unmei no Shoujo Sakura heroine aura for five seconds so she just watched the Redman train leave the station without her on board.
    Last edited by Deathhappens; January 11th, 2019 at 05:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Once and always and nevermore.

  18. #7798
    リビングデッド Living Dead remirror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobin View Post
    Just think about the story of this girl, Sakura, and how she goes to this guy's house for years as her only crutch of happiness while going through the motions of living since every aspect of her tortured life has already been decided. About how she unknowingly misses the only opportunity for the Senpai route forever by not walking home with him on that ONE night. No Tiger Dojo

    Now rest of her life suddenly spirals into a Bad End where Ms. Favorite Child That Has Everything shows up to acknowledge her long enough to get her kicked out of this happy place and spends two magical~ weeks with her Senpai that has him eating right out of the vixen's hands by the end of it. As time moves on, Sakura ever distantly drifts into the awkward third wheel as Shirou and Rin do and talk about thing that consistently keep her out of the loop, and the final nail is hammered in the coffin as they decide to move to London for "study", together. Powerless and in no position to do anything about it, Sakura is left behind and eventually forgotten.

    Zouken's plan ultimately fails too because Sakura's perpetual aura of loom and gloom eventually kills all the dick worms with erectile dysfunction and it wards off all the suitors.

    At the end of the day, Senpai, who we"ll dub as Archer for now:
    was in a working relationship with Rin in life that remained significant
    imprinted the meeting with Saber into his soul like a baby chick would
    and Sakura was just the childhood friend that always loses
    At least we have Heaven's Feel, where everything goes right for Sakura

  19. #7799
    Εις οιωνός άριστος, αμύνεσθαι περί πάτρις Deathhappens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Always somewhere
    Posts
    3,983
    If by " everything goes right" you mean "almost dies and almost brings forth the end of the world", sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Once and always and nevermore.

  20. #7800
    Horseman War of Apocalypse Knight of Rebellion13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Get lost in life
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,728
    US Friend Code
    632,328,855 IGN Haru-Chan
    almost make her senpai killed by saving her
    Spoiler:

    War bring nothing but loss for both sides

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •