Page 384 of 568 FirstFirst ... 284334374379382383384385386389394434484 ... LastLast
Results 7,661 to 7,680 of 11348

Thread: Heaven's Feel Movies

Quote Originally Posted by remirror View Post
    I dunno. Here's what Google Translate says: "After that, there is a depiction of sex as well as the original, but it was awesome that I was doing in a good atmosphere rather than skirt riding like the original work like CG"
    I see. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuno View Post
    Yeah just put 5 minutes of pause to read his thoughts in the fight over and over, sure that wouldn't be a problem for the viewers
    I don't understand people who say this. IMO the UBW anime had more to work on than just Shirou's character (tone, pacing (especially in the 2nd cour,) weird directing choices at times, Rin's character, etc.), but I have seen numerous people who have said "Shirou is too complex of a character to be portrayed well in an anime adaptation," which I wholeheartedly disagree with. Just because he hasn't been portrayed well up to this point (and the HF adaptation is actually doing a better job IMO than UBW so far, despite the lack of monologues) that doesn't mean it's impossible. There don't need to be monologues all over the place, just here and there once in a while. Miura insisted on "visual storytelling" (which worked in a few instances, but overall didn't end up conveying the entirety of Shirou's character properly), which resulted in very few monologues, save for the Archer confrontation and a few other episodes. What they could have done which would have remedied a lot of what people have been complaining about is have a few monologues here and there wherever they're needed to understand Shirou's thought process behind his actions, since his actions and thoughts are sometimes contradictory (e.g. the temple scene with Shirou yelling at Archer, when Shirou yells at Gilgamesh as he is killing Illya, the confrontation with Caster where she uses Rule Breaker on Saber, the "your distortion" scene where Rin tells Shirou how warped his way of life is, etc.)

With the double-length episodes, UfoUBW had a length of approximately 28 episodes, give or take, more than enough to incorporate more monologues than they had. People talk about monologues messing up the pacing/tension of scenes, pretending that internal monologues haven't been executed well countless times before in other anime series.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Rebellion13 View Post
    Ofc, they scrapped other characters just for Shirou

- - - Updated - - -

This is a good video about how much they change Shirou just by throw away his thoughts

- - - Updated - - -

Just look at Archer vs Caster, just look at it. How the fuck watchers know about Shirou's thoughts if they don't give few lines from Shirou's thought? People consider him just like those Shounen anime characters where the protag oftenly reckless and stubborn
    he is ​reckless and stubborn
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by Saber Alter View Post
    I don't understand people who say this. IMO the UBW anime had more to work on than just Shirou's character (tone, pacing (especially in the 2nd cour,) weird directing choices at times, Rin's character, etc.), but I have seen numerous people who have said "Shirou is too complex of a character to be portrayed well in an anime adaptation," which I wholeheartedly disagree with. Just because he hasn't been portrayed well up to this point (and the HF adaptation is actually doing a better job IMO than UBW so far, despite the lack of monologues) that doesn't mean it's impossible. There don't need to be monologues all over the place, just here and there once in a while. Miura insisted on "visual storytelling" (which worked in a few instances, but overall didn't end up conveying the entirety of Shirou's character properly), which resulted in very few monologues, save for the Archer confrontation and a few other episodes. What they could have done which would have remedied a lot of what people have been complaining about is have a few monologues here and there wherever they're needed to understand Shirou's thought process behind his actions, since his actions and thoughts are sometimes contradictory (e.g. the temple scene with Shirou yelling at Archer, when Shirou yells at Gilgamesh as he is killing Illya, the confrontation with Caster where she uses Rule Breaker on Saber, the "your distortion" scene where Rin tells Shirou how warped his way of life is, etc.)

With the double-length episodes, UfoUBW had a length of approximately 28 episodes, give or take, more than enough to incorporate more monologues than they had. People talk about monologues messing up the pacing/tension of scenes, pretending that internal monologues haven't been executed well countless times before in other anime series.
    UBW had plenty of monologues though. The Shirou vs Archer fight had a really big one and in fact some anime onlies complained about that fight being too long and fucking up the pacing a bit.

HF (that you praised) had almost zero Shirou monologues, like seriously, the deeper parts of his character and his relationship with Kerry were absent for example. That's why someone needs to at least watch UBW before watching HF

JP Friend Code
    Good now tell me where would you put all that was mentioned in that video that I was replying

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    I know that someone will say it

- - - Updated - - -

Good now tell me where would you put all that was mentioned in that video that I was replying
    There don't need to be monologues all over the place, just here and there once in a while. Miura insisted on "visual storytelling" (which worked in a few instances, but overall didn't end up conveying the entirety of Shirou's character properly), which resulted in very few monologues, save for the Archer confrontation and a few other episodes. What they could have done which would have remedied a lot of what people have been complaining about is have a few monologues here and there wherever they're needed to understand Shirou's thought process behind his actions, since his actions and thoughts are sometimes contradictory (e.g. the temple scene with Shirou yelling at Archer, when Shirou yells at Gilgamesh as he is killing Illya, the confrontation with Caster where she uses Rule Breaker on Saber, the "your distortion" scene where Rin tells Shirou how warped his way of life is, etc.)
    The fact that the anime didn't tell us the reason behind his actions?
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

JP Friend Code
    in general or in each of those instances?
    if the former, they did it

in general or in each of those instances?
    if the former, they did it
    They did it in general, definitely. They didn't expound on it in each of those instances, though.

There's plenty of ways to have thoughts and emotions come through visuals rather than monologue, you just have to get creative and play to the medium's strengths, rather than against its weaknesses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    tfw no Fate/One
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    How do I get into type moon.

watch prisma illya. If your amused or aroused, keep going.

if you are disconcerted or want to call the FBI, run away
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    Curse those 15 year old girls *shakes fist angrily*

Someone made a blog post reviewing Lost Butterfly (they attended one of the advance screenings,) and it seems that the H-scenes are adapted. I'm not exactly sure what it says regarding the scenes since I used Google Translate.

https://tm-ulstergyro.hatenablog.com/entry/2019/01/10/004318
    Oh hell yeah. Finally, Nasu's Takeuchi talent for writing erotica will be shown in its full glory. Can't wait to see some of that mollusk action. "rubs hands"

Someone made a blog post reviewing Lost Butterfly (they attended one of the advance screenings,) and it seems that the H-scenes are adapted. I'm not exactly sure what it says regarding the scenes since I used Google Translate.

https://tm-ulstergyro.hatenablog.com/entry/2019/01/10/004318
    i wonder how far they will go with that...these ufotable adaptions sure are strange. one minute they are adapting realta nua verbatim and the next they are trying to split the difference with weird halfway measures.

It would have made more sense if they cut out the sex entirely rather than only the mana transfer scenes with HF. Perhaps relegated the Sakura torture to pure physical abuse by Shinji and implication by worms and then have the part Sakura snaps be when Shinji first attempts to try and sexually assault her. I think it makes more narrative sense and is more consistent with things while keeping the darker aspects present to some degree.

As it stands now, i dont think how they are trying to square it fits if we are to consider that these ufotable adaptions are indeed parallel.

KnK as its own thing could actually include rape and atleast make sense with Fujinon's attitude in the movie.
    Last edited by Inuhanyou; January 10th, 2019 at 03:24 AM.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Akyuu View Post
    just bought my ticket for movie 2 on the 12th (lunchtime screening instead of the first available one at 9 am though, 2early). i can't wait
    How was the movie?

Was it better than Presage Flower
    I already enjoy the first one

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yoyomaster View Post
    UBW had plenty of monologues though. The Shirou vs Archer fight had a really big one and in fact some anime onlies complained about that fight being too long and fucking up the pacing a bit.

HF (that you praised) had almost zero Shirou monologues, like seriously, the deeper parts of his character and his relationship with Kerry were absent for example. That's why someone needs to at least watch UBW before watching HF
    HF is pretty subtle with their face expression
    Something that other adaptations lack.
    Also, they don't give mercy to first time viewer it seems
    Last edited by Wandering Swordwoman; January 10th, 2019 at 03:33 AM.
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Sooooooooooo, should I get my hopes up for 5 minute Gilgamesh VS Sakura extended battle with Fate/Zero OST in the middle of Shinto!?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Rebellion13 View Post
    How was the movie?

Was it better than Presage Flower
    I already enjoy the first one
    Just how far in the future do you think Japan is

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Levani View Post
    Sooooooooooo, should I get my hopes up for 5 minute Gilgamesh VS Sakura extended battle with Fate/Zero OST in the middle of Shinto!?
    Why would you get your hopes up for the movie to be bad?

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Why would you get your hopes up for the movie to be bad?
    I know everyone's deepest darkest secret is watching Gilgamesh GoB spam in Ufotable movie budget animation, the jig is up, all these nonsense caring about a good adaptation, BS. I can see right through you TM fandom.

(sarcasm)

Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    There better to be, raw, uncensored sex. Otherwise HF being allegory about a redhead getting his sexually abused girlfriend into dangerous teenage pregnancy and beating up a muscular catholic priest to force the abortion for them to lead happy lives into the future isn’t going to come off strongly enough.
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    I mean, GoB spamming is expected. That's how he kills her, after all.

don't look at the ears Marmadillo's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    501086179/marmadillo
    Blog Entries
    What they could have done which would have remedied a lot of what people have been complaining about is have a few monologues here and there wherever they're needed to understand Shirou's thought process behind his actions
    a lot of people who complain have the attention span and deductions skills of an average anime fan, monologuing is the easy way out, but it is hardly good for audiovisual storytelling

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobin View Post
    There better to be, raw, uncensored sex. Otherwise HF being allegory about a redhead getting his sexually abused girlfriend into dangerous teenage pregnancy and beating up a muscular catholic priest to force the abortion for them to lead happy lives into the future isn’t going to come off strongly enough.
    Somehow that allegory doesn't really work that well, since she has been technically a host for AM the whole time, the past ten years with the shards.
    More seems like a corrupted Virgin Mary allegory and Shirou is Joseph who is like, "yeah, fuck no, this ain't happening".