Page 387 of 568 FirstFirst ... 287337377382385386387388389392397437487 ... LastLast
Results 7,721 to 7,740 of 11348

Thread: Heaven's Feel Movies

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    They better keep Aimer on for the third film, otherwise I'll get cross and little else.

I Beg You has a wonderfully desperate tone to it. It's one of the best songs tied to a TM work.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

US Friend Code
    I wasn't a big fan of Hana no Uta, but I Beg You is great.

another heaven with aimer's vocals would be soo good, but probably won't happen. hell, i'd take even like a small rendition of another heaven and put it in the film somewhere and i'll be happy.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Astroprogs's Avatar
    That Lancer vs True Assassin fight...

I especially liked the part where Cu skates on the highway Persona 5 style in front of the windshield and the driver all for the sake of making a cool scene and throwing all logic in the trash bin.

It also certainly showcased how Servants are cool. In fact, they were so cool, I didn't notice how pointless the entire scene is considering the movie skips the entire prologue making watching UBW a must regardless, and thus the notion of making Servants looking cool to the "first-time viewers of Fate", who are lost as heck by that point in the movie, beyond being a mindless flashy action scene that showcases nothing of what makes Servants actually interesting, a fool's errand.

It's fine though. Driver must've been grinding in FGO. It's understandable. I felt the "realism".

Sorry for the overall negativity of this post. Yeah, if you haven't noticed already, not a fan of that entire scene at all.
    Last edited by Astroprogs; January 10th, 2019 at 08:49 PM.

Eh, it does do a sort of recap of the prologue though, so I wouldn't say it's actually necessary to watch UBW unless you're looking for the specific interactions involved therein. Not ideal no, but still a functional method to tell the audience what happened without showing all the scenes again.

Plus, I'm not sure why you're putting realism in quotes as if anyone actually argues that servant battles follow any rules about being realistic. It's no different than nobody ever being shown to react to explosions that are big/bright enough to create a false sunrise. Seems kind of arbitrary to complain about this particular instance, especially since it's totally feasible that the driver didn't actually see Cu (considering his lack of reflective clothing, the period of time he was actually in front of the vehicle, and the unknown of where the driver's eyes were actually focused).

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    I think rooftop fight (after the truck explode) is enough to make Servants Assassin and Cu looks powerful and fast beyond ordinary human. Just cut that truck scene, nothing value missing.

I mean why would Assassin riding a truck if he could run faster than the truck by running on the rooftop
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

how much of a dumbass are you to expect "realism" from a Servant battle? what is wrong with you?
    Last edited by Gyrad1; January 10th, 2019 at 09:20 PM. Reason: forgot quote marks

US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    it's not about expect "realism", but how to make it not look dumb

There's nothing realistic on rooftop fight or any servant fight, but at least don't make it look dumb, make it cool that fit to the characters power is ok (like Plane vs Plane in Fate Zero), but the truck fight is just look cool and dumb
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

To be honest, I don't even necessarily think the fight needed to be as long as it was. And if they really wanted it to take that much time, then they could've storyboarded it in a more effective way that says more about the characters proportionate to their screentime and does less to challenge the viewers' suspension of disbelief (within reason for the setting).

But the contention that it's an entirely superfluous addition that doesn't serve any purpose just seems patently false to me. It pretty clearly makes a narrative point by actually elucidating about the fate of one of the key characters within the story (Lancer) and introducing and giving context (i.e. freaking out a servant) to the even greater threat of the "shadow." Both of these are pretty important things to do for HF as a story and as basic storytelling components in and of themselves. So the controversy around it even existing kind of baffles me.

"Realism" is not my word of choice, it's Kondo's.
    Spoiler:
    Realism in fiction doesn't mean the abandonment of the fantastical elements, it's the adherence to the internal logic of the world. In this case, the "realism" refers to the realism of the setting, where an ordinary town like any real-life one, is experiencing such supernatural occurrences. Therefore, the reaction to it should be what our reaction in the real world should be.

And I don't think the truck scene does that. It abandons this because having Cu in the way it was shown looks cool. And yes, by "that scene" I'm only talking about the truck scene. The rest of the chase was pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmaiar View Post
    Eh, it does do a sort of recap of the prologue though, so I wouldn't say it's actually necessary to watch UBW unless you're looking for the specific interactions involved therein. Not ideal no, but still a functional method to tell the audience what happened without showing all the scenes again. Plus, I'm not sure why you're putting realism in quotes as if anyone actually argues that servant battles follow any rules about being realistic. It's no different than nobody ever being shown to react to explosions that are big/bright enough to create a false sunrise. Seems kind of arbitrary to complain about this particular instance, especially since it's totally feasible that the driver didn't actually see Cu (considering his lack of reflective clothing, the period of time he was actually in front of the vehicle, and the unknown of where the driver's eyes were actually focused).
    You have no hope of understanding a thing about this movie if HF is your first Fate. The montage in the beginning only serves to tell you that these familiar-looking events also happen here. They don't even explain what a Servant is, come on.

I say that I can't see a driver not noticing something like this square in his field of vision.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmaiar View Post
    But the contention that it's an entirely superfluous addition that doesn't serve any purpose just seems patently false to me. It pretty clearly makes a narrative point by actually elucidating about the fate of one of the key characters within the story (Lancer) and introducing and giving context (i.e. freaking out a servant) to the even greater threat of the "shadow." Both of these are pretty important things to do for HF as a story and as basic storytelling components in and of themselves. So the controversy around it even existing kind of baffles me.
    You do realize that you're indirectly saying that the VN couldn't do this perfectly already and the movie actually added a narrative value to the scene that wasn't present originally.
    Last edited by Astroprogs; January 10th, 2019 at 09:44 PM.

US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    I think "the controversy about truck fight" is just in here
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

F/SN (and F/Z) had tons of instances where shit that normal people could potentially see happened clearly (Saber and Rider climbing a skyscrapper, anyone? Saber and Iskandar's chase scene in the highway? The whole river section in F/Z with Caster's monster?)

Dunno why some people nitpick that genuinely cool looking scene between Lancer and Hassan so much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Rebellion13 View Post
    I think "the controversy about truck fight" is just in here
    I see some people complaining about it on /a/ as well

US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Saber and Iskandar fight take place in a very quiet road. The Caster mosnter in the river is covered by a thick fog
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Quote Originally Posted by Yoyomaster View Post
    F/SN (and F/Z) had tons of instances where shit that normal people could potentially see happened clearly (Saber and Rider climbing a skyscraper, anyone? Saber and Iskandar's chase scene in the highway? The whole river section in F/Z with Caster's monster?)

Dunno why some people nitpick that genuinely cool looking scene between Lancer and Hassan so much.
    Because when people were shown in length, they acted accordingly. People didn't keep walking as nothing happened at the sight of that Cthulu monster/fog when they saw it or when someone was shot dead. They acted like any freaked out ordinary human would, until the Church did its thing later. And no one was there to witness Saber Excaliblasting Rider.

With the Lancer scene, the drive just kept on driving at the same speed in a straight line. No matter how a supernatural being was running in front of him, cars exploding behind him and cars literally being thrown from the truck.

US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Ok we can just assume that the driver wearing headphone or his radio is too loud so he can't hear what's happening in the back

Also it happen on the road where cars run in high speed so no way we will see people stop and get off from their car and see what's happening

Or maybe it's just that crazy in Japan
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Quote Originally Posted by Astroprogs View Post
    "Realism" is not my word of choice, it's Kondo's.

Realism in fiction doesn't mean the abandonment of the fantastical elements, it's the adherence to the internal logic of the world. And I don't think the truck scene does that.
    Eh, that's kind of an argument of semantics. Since his point of realism has more to do with making it so that the events of the HGW exist within an actually functioning world with people in it and showing that to the audience. And less so to do with making servant fights themselves realistic since it would be inconsistent within the setting to do so anyway. But fair enough.

You have no hope of understanding a thing about this movie if HF is your first Fate. The montage in the beginning only serves to tell you that these familiar-looking events also happen here. They don't even explain what a Servant is, come on.
    And you have the authority to say this because? I mean, I'd agree that it definitely wouldn't be the best entrance into Fate on its own, but there's enough explanation in this movie to understand the basics of what's going on. Not to mention it's intended (eventually) to be viewed as a full trilogy that actually does the most to describe what's going on insofar as the Holy Grail War.

Edit: To be clear, all I'm saying is that the movie is far harder to understand in comparison to UBW, but still functions adequately on its own for someone unfamiliar with the setting. I've seen things that start out with way less explanation for what's going on still make sense when viewed as a whole. HF is no different. And also isn't over.

I say that I can't see a driver not noticing something like this square in his field of vision.
    In my experience, it would be really easy for someone to not notice a small black shape that shows up beside and slightly ahead of your vehicle for maybe a second while it's dark out and you're tired. You might do a double-take but it's completely believable that the driver didn't go "oh, that's a blue-haired, blue-suited dude, with a red spear!" in that instant where Cu would be in his field of vision.

You do realize that you're indirectly saying that the VN couldn't do this perfectly and the movie actually added a narrative value to the scene that wasn't present originally.
    I don't see your point here. I'm not sure how what I said has anything to with the VN since I'm talking about the movie on its own merits and not in comparison.
    Last edited by Darkmaiar; January 10th, 2019 at 09:54 PM.

US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    With that logic we can see there's no problem in Hassan vs Cu in the highway
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Quote Originally Posted by Astroprogs View Post

With the Lancer scene, the drive just kept on driving at the same speed in a straight line. No matter how a supernatural being was running in front of him, cars exploding behind him and cars literally being thrown from the truck.
    Can be simply explained by the driver not having good attention. Besides, the speed they were in probably made it difficult to see anything.
    Last edited by Yoyomaster; January 10th, 2019 at 09:53 PM.

US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    It happen in the road with cars run in highspeed (highway) so the truck driver surely can't just stop and see what happen

- - - Updated - - -

Oh hey

It's not that dumb with my logic!

yeah it works. No problem found
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoyomaster View Post
    Because it's too much. It's also, by far, the least cool looking part of the fight with the overuse of CGI and frankly mindless explosions.

The rooftop chase is much more effective but it does have a major problem, which is my biggest beef with the whole sequence. It doesn't actually lead into the swamp fight (also the best part of the fight). The scene just cuts there after Assassin tries to dirk Lancer.
    burn your dread you coward