Page 418 of 568 FirstFirst ... 318368408413416417418419420423428468518 ... LastLast
Results 8,341 to 8,360 of 11348

Thread: Heaven's Feel Movies

And stuff like Akira/Rurouni Kenshin Tsuiokuhen (which is done by DEEN btw) also came out some years before Excel Saga/Mai Hime yet also look remarkably better than those shows.

I was more referring to how anime overall was watched around 2008 and unless you had the DVDs, you couldn't really tell the real quality of the anime anyway since you were experiencing it through a crappy 360p online stream for pretty much every show. During that time, Deen's animation didn't really stand out that badly as opposed to nowadays.

There were also plenty of other low effort VN adaptations during that period.
    Last edited by GarlandGreene; January 18th, 2019 at 05:42 PM.

oh DEEN's animation on that adaption did stand out to me compared to something like haruhi or Kanon 06, or shana, or plenty of other series around that time...but it was fine for what it was, at the time. different standards...as animation using computers has gotten further and further away from the cutoff point from from cel animation of the 90s, the refinement of such techniques has only improved.

I distinctly remember thinking that only the last episode's animation was particularly exceptional out of the whole series when i first finished watching it...that final arturia/shirou vs gil fight was pretty decent

Last edited by Inuhanyou; January 18th, 2019 at 05:49 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by GarlandGreene View Post
    And stuff like Akira/Rurouni Kenshin Tsuiokuhen (which is done by DEEN btw) also came out some years before Excel Saga/Mai Hime yet also look remarkably better than those shows.

I was more referring to how anime overall was watched around 2008 and unless you had the DVDs, you couldn't really tell the real quality of the anime anyway since you were experiencing it through a crappy 360p online stream for pretty much every show. During that time, Deen's animation didn't really stand out that badly as opposed to nowadays.

There were also plenty of other low effort VN adaptations during that period.
    So wait was DEEN's animation going downhill considering the quality of their art in their Fate & Umineko adaptations?

It's more like the staff members were completely different. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Deen really produces its animation pretty much totally in-house a la KyoAni or Ufotable.

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Yeah, although to be fair those had much bigger budgets. That's why I didn't mention Cowboy Bebop, which was from 1998 and blows Fate DEEN out of the water altogether. Mai HiME and Excel Saga, however, seemed to be pretty much in the same range of production values and still did more of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Inuhanyou View Post
    as animation using computers has gotten further and further away from the cutoff point from from cel animation of the 90s, the refinement of such techniques has only improved.
    Indeed. It's astounding how much better some of the mid to late 90s anime look compared to ones from the early 2000s. Shows like Cowboy Bebop, The 08th MS Team (from my sig), Kenshin Tsuiokuhen and Golden Boy, to name a few, still hold up fantastically nowadays.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    How can Bones still manage to do it?

Even Madhouse now is shadow of their past
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Indeed. It's astounding how much better some of the mid to late 90s anime look compared to ones from the early 2000s. Shows like Cowboy Bebop, The 08th MS Team (from my sig), Kenshin Tsuiokuhen and Golden Boy, to name a few, still hold up fantastically nowadays.
    Endless Waltz came out in 1997 and still looks so damn clean its not even funny, seriously some of the best purely handdrawn animation of all time. CCS(both the series but especially movie 2) came out at almost the absolute very end of the cel animation age, and it shows in how refined it still looks. It looks better in many instances than the recent sequel series which in its own right looks beautiful as well(the rotary animated ending gives me flashbacks of the original series's detail and way of motion infact).

That time period was a refinement of cel animation that showed its true potential right before its death.
    Last edited by Inuhanyou; January 18th, 2019 at 06:17 PM.

Blog Entries
    Not reading the like, 700 or so new posts (jesus...) that have popped up in this thread in the mere 10 or so days since I last checked here (I'm guessing there must have been some new exciting announcement or something?), but anyway:

Came across this advertisement for the movie at a random little...eating place (not exactly a restaurant, not exactly a bar, not a cafe, but not really a small ramen place either, so I dunno what the fuck to call it...) in Tokyo:

Also, I didn't take a picture (not sure I wanna do that inside a shop...), but there are these...Heaven's Feel motifed dessert glasses with Rin, Archer, and Gilgamesh on them, dressed in stylish suits and (in Rin's case) a lavish dress, that are floating around in a bunch of the convenience stores, at least the ones I've been to in Shinjuku. There's only actually a tiny bit of dessert in them compared to their size, so you mostly buy them to collect the glass I guess, of course. I actually couldn't find the price on them in the one store where I tried to check, and so in the other stores after that, I didn't really bother to look, since I assumed it would be the same.

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    So wait was DEEN's animation going downhill considering the quality of their art in their Fate & Umineko adaptations?
    The Umineko anime, from what I remember, had a lot of problems due to the studio starting to switch over to modern (at the time) tech for processing animation and the like, along with problems with the time management and quality control of the project as a whole.

It all ended up impacting the quality of the series as a whole in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Rebellion13 View Post
    How can Bones still manage to do it?

Even Madhouse now is shadow of their past
    Bones manages to do it because the studio is structured into 5 studios, each focused on a small amount of projects at any time. The studio is also famous for being founded by the creators of Cowboy Bebop, so from the moment the studio was formed it was a matter of making popular shows that are of high quality as a core of its productions.

Not like it always works out, but they did manage to keep that image for the past 20 years.

Madhouse's problem was with funding and management having completely screwed over the creative side of the studio. It supposedly got better now, but that's what caused its fall from grace and many of the main creative force of the studio to leave.
    JP Support 7/11/2018 (non-event)

Quote Originally Posted by Inuhanyou View Post
    my goodness....random curiosity...what a nostalgia throwback. I actually visited that place often back when i was in highschool, and would frequently go there to check the episode reviews and the screenshots of FSN back in 06 as they were coming out. I'm surprised the site is still going even today
    Yeah, talk about a blast from the past. DEEN/SN was also my first experience with the series through the cable channel Animax. Good times for what they were.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    Wondering but any clues on the potion that Shinji gave Sakura. After being hinted at two movies straight I'm curious what's it's about. That or I'm just misremembering something from the VN
    Now that I have flown to Japan to watch the movie completely legally and then flown immediately back: I don't think it was for any specific purpose, it was just Shinji's attempt at magecraft (the drama CD clarified that he dedicated most of his time to experimenting with magecraft).

It's just to highlight how his lack of circuits makes it futile no matter how hard he works in every other aspect since he couldn't make it light up no matter how many times he tries but as soon as Sakura touches it "ooh pretty"
    Last edited by Kotonoha; January 18th, 2019 at 11:38 PM.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I dunno, you could maybe sorta get me on the aspect of hard work bit since that tugs at the ol heartstrings, but the cold hard truth is that Sakura was born to be a star and that potential never really did anything but bring misery upon her. It's odd that he even thinks she should have any pride in her position with how starkly dark reality is.

Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    I dunno, you could maybe sorta get me on the aspect of hard work bit since that tugs at the ol heartstrings, but the cold hard truth is that Sakura was born to be a star and that potential never really did anything but bring misery upon her. It's odd that he even thinks she should have any pride in her position with how starkly dark reality is.
    I always wondered how exactly Shinji could delude himself into wanting magecraft when the only examples he could see involved jamming big worms with massive sharp teeth to eat their way into your flesh.

Blog Entries
    How much does Shinji know about the Matou style of Magecraft anyway?

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokudaime View Post
    Not reading the like, 700 or so new posts (jesus...) that have popped up in this thread in the mere 10 or so days since I last checked here (I'm guessing there must have been some new exciting announcement or something?)
    The new exciting announcement is that the whole thing leaked and most of us are weak and evil, so we watched it and discussed spoilers.
    Last edited by TomPen94; January 19th, 2019 at 04:46 AM. Reason: Hi Broke
    burn your dread you coward

Hey when is the part where Shirou reminisced about how his mom and dad tried to protect him and have him stay near their home but then he wandered off and felt horribly guilty about disobeying them?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    Hey when is the part where Shirou reminisced about how his mom and dad tried to protect him and have him stay near their home but then he wandered off and felt horribly guilty about disobeying them?
    It supposed to be right after dream sequence with defenceless/vampire Rin in vn, in first movie it was skipped, I don't know about second.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragolord09 View Post
    How much does Shinji know about the Matou style of Magecraft anyway?
    He read all the books cover to cover, although who knows whether Zouken bothered to write the worm stuff down.

Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    He thought she was actually being taught magecraft so I think it's more that he wasn't let in on what her whole situation was.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Day View Post
    It supposed to be right after dream sequence with defenceless/vampire Rin in vn, in first movie it was skipped, I don't know about second.
    Wasn't in the second.
    Last edited by Kotonoha; January 19th, 2019 at 08:49 AM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    I really liked how they did the scene with Rider and Sakura, just after Shirou leaves for Illya. Rider telling Sakura that rather than Zouken she's worried of the priest, and Sakura puts on a little do-S face and basically goes "leave Kotomine to me". Rider's silent confusion and that little eerie jingle playing definitely hit the spot, very nice. That was from the VN right? I'm pretty sure I remember it being there. And I'm guessing that little bottle Shinji played with was like the nen test in HxH and it's supposed to light up when it comes in contact with magical energy.