Thread: Heaven's Feel Movies - Third Coming Spring 2020

Horseman War of Apocalypse Knight of Rebellion13's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    632,328,855 IGN Haru-Chan
    Blog Entries
    Now they just sub everything in the season even though the show is thrash
    Spoiler:

War bring nothing but loss for both sides

No matter how you look at it, more anime getting subbed (and in a timely manner to boot!) is a good thing. It sucked when a show you wanted to watch didn’t get subbed, or the subs were extremely slow. The current climate is an amazing change from the time when you had 5 different subs for popular shows but less popular ones remained unsubbed. The problem is just that official subs often put the bare minimum effort into the subs themselves. And of course, just because they’re official subs doesn’t necessarily mean the translation is any better than any random fansub either.

JP Friend Code
    266,041,773 / Justice
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GarlandGreene View Post
    This is especially true for Lost Butterfly. It's pretty sad when fansubs done by a single guy from 4chan flows better than official subtitles used by Aniplex themselves. I swear more than half of the exposition in the official subbing had some needlessly convoluted wording/sentence structure in them.
    By "4chan subber', you meant whoever did the subs for the camrip, right?

Did any expositional scenes in particular stick out to you subtitle-quality-wise? I remember having trouble following some of what Kirei was saying right after Shirou/Sakura's sex scene in the official subs, which became a bit clearer to me in the fansubs. Aside from that.... What litle bit I recall from the scenes I browsed in the camrip, I noticed little that pointed to the fansubs' favor, unless you count seemingly extra edginess in language (thinking of Shinji's last scene alive) as a plus.
    (old FGO USA accounts still being listed here for some reason)
    Spoiler:
    1st Ever Account: feat. Waver & Herc)
    (Currently waiting to be Recovered from Space)
    User ID: 096,380,356

Strategic Account: Waver, Carmilla, Atalante, Kaleidoscope

User ID: 744,854,542

(Helpful Explanation on How a Mongrel beat a King in UBW.)

Quote Originally Posted by Broke View Post

Grand Glorious Gathering GarlandGreene's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John D. Pliskin View Post
    By "4chan subber', you meant whoever did the subs for the camrip, right?

Did any expositional scenes in particular stick out to you subtitle-quality-wise? I remember having trouble following some of what Kirei was saying right after Shirou/Sakura's sex scene in the official subs, which became a bit clearer to me in the fansubs. Aside from that.... What litle bit I recall from the scenes I browsed in the camrip, I noticed little that pointed to the fansubs' favor, unless you count seemingly extra edginess in language (thinking of Shinji's last scene alive) as a plus.

From what I can remember, the Kirei scene was probably the biggest culprit. But even then, parts of Zouken's explanation and even some of Shirou's monologue in the rain felt like it could have been worded in a way that's simpler and easier to read/understand. Pretty sure at one point, Shinji was using the word "obscene" to describe sex, who the hell says that? Plus, I think the official subs were too liberal in a few scenes which got rid of some of the subtlety of the original dialogue but that's just hard nitpicking at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster
    In the German dub he also doesn't say "Here I come, king of heroes" but "Here comes the king of heroes".

The deeper voice must have made you more arrogant, Shirou.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers
    Anime onlys reaction to Shirou vs Archer: Bwuh? What are these dodos even talking about???

Beats By Matthew ft. Dr. Para Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Lewd, obscene, potato, tuber
    Supports:

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    266,041,773 / Justice
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Sasuga Aniplex
    From what I can remember, the Kirei scene was probably the biggest culprit. But even then, parts of Zouken's explanation and even some of Shirou's monologue in the rain felt like it could have been worded in a way that's simpler and easier to read/understand. Pretty sure at one point, Shinji was using the word "obscene" to describe sex, who the hell says that?
    ...Though, I'd rather read "obscene" in the subtitles for the Shinji scene if the alternative was "lewd"; I just can't take "lewd" seriously thanks to how much of a meme word it is in weeb vernacular.

And speaking of Shinji...

In Heaven's Feel's, er, film continuity (the Fate/cinematic universe?), how far exactly does Shinji's role as an abuser of Sakura extend, and does it extend only so far in correlation to Sakura's status as the abused?

Spoiler:
    First there's Sakura telling Shirou that she's not a virgin in the pivotal rain scene. She then said something about being violated by the worms (which I don't think she directly refered to as worms?)-- but I can't remember: did she say this followed her loss of virginity, was before her loss, or if the whole 'being violated by worms' was equated with her loss of virginity?

And then we have Shinji's sexual assault on Sakura. I believe I saw it suggested several posts ago (or maybe when all we had were the camrip subs?) that this was movie!Shinji's first attempted rape of Sakura, and how it somehow made Sakura's following actions make 'more sense' because if Shinji had been sexually abusing her prior, she 'already would've done something before' instead of only snapping now. Putting aside any personal attempt to unpack those assertions I personally find strange... is it really the case, that Shinji hadn't gone this far before?

Sakura seemed like she's gone through this routine of abuse from Shinji before, as evidenced by the dead-eyed stare towards the camera as she laid on the bed, while repetitiously monologuing to herself to basically just bear with it or something. And putting that together with how I processed Sakura's "I'm not a virgin" bit while seeing it in the theater... it seems to be the conclusion likely to be reached? (Unless, of course, loss of virginity= violated by worms.) It feels that I'm missing something.

TL;DR I don't know if koto's son Shinji ultimately misbehaved as badly in the Fate/Cinematic Universe (or maybe just the Heaven's Feel Cinematic Universe?) as he did in the original visual novel.

(old FGO USA accounts still being listed here for some reason)
    Spoiler:
    1st Ever Account: feat. Waver & Herc)
    (Currently waiting to be Recovered from Space)
    User ID: 096,380,356

Strategic Account: Waver, Carmilla, Atalante, Kaleidoscope

User ID: 744,854,542

(Helpful Explanation on How a Mongrel beat a King in UBW.)

Quote Originally Posted by Broke View Post

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I can't imagine how anyone would interpret it as the first time, it's blatantly stated by both characters that it's not.

Pretty sure at one point, Shinji was using the word "obscene" to describe sex, who the hell says that?
    汚らわしい/けがらわしい/filthy; unfair; dirty; untouchable; disgusting; nasty; foul; odious; repulsive
    Most people don't describe sex like this but he's not actually describing sex

I remember the VN translation went with "dirty" which has a way too positive connotation in a sexual context
    Last edited by Kotonoha; Today at 04:59 AM.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That, and in the original, she didn't snap just because he was trying this, since it showed how she knew Shirou would accept her regardless, and she says so.
    It was the fact he wouldn't stop there, that he was planning to ruin her anyway even if she acquiesced, by ruining her relationship with Shirou however he could since he had lost it completely at that point.

Grand Glorious Gathering GarlandGreene's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Most people don't describe sex like this but he's not actually describing sex
    Well the Aniplex subs translated it into "obscene intercourse" so I'm not sure how else we are supposed to interpret that.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster
    In the German dub he also doesn't say "Here I come, king of heroes" but "Here comes the king of heroes".

The deeper voice must have made you more arrogant, Shirou.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers
    Anime onlys reaction to Shirou vs Archer: Bwuh? What are these dodos even talking about???