Page 494 of 568 FirstFirst ... 394444484489492493494495496499504544 ... LastLast
Results 9,861 to 9,880 of 11348

Thread: Heaven's Feel Movies

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    I hope they also have some reflection on Illya & Saber in Spring Song's epilogue. One thing that made me sort of irritated was how despite Shirou desperately trying to tell Illya to not sacrifice herself, to come back, she does so and its heartwrenching.

Or just how griefstricken Shirou was a while earlier for having to kill Saber, so bad that he compartmentalized it.

And then 2 years later, there's like no reflection, no momentary sadness, no bittersweetness that gives way to happiness. Just kind of a saccharine thing.

Like sometimes i try to imagine how grief stricken and guilty Sakura would feel if she were in Shirou's place with having to kill Rider and Rin sacrificing herself to save her life, and to just have nothing be acknowledged and it just feels so not well done for the HF True Ending.
    Last edited by warellis; November 20th, 2019 at 09:38 PM.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Shirou's had ten years' practice in hiding his trauma, one must assume he's gotten pretty good at it
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Maybe in the 2 post HF years Shirou learned not to care about the ghosts of dead people who you only meet for a week and didnt even get to know that well.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    - welcome back, Rin! How was London.
    - It was fine. And you guys?
    - we are ok, but man, I sure miss my little sister that sacrified for me and the corrupted ghost of king Arthur I had to kill. Sakura cries all the time at night.
    - I see.

JP Friend Code
    218,066,906 - Winter
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Shirou's had ten years' practice in hiding his trauma, one must assume he's gotten pretty good at it
    Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    Maybe in the 2 post HF years Shirou learned not to care about the ghosts of dead people who you only meet for a week and didnt even get to know that well.
    That's kind of an odd thing to do with the only living connection Shirou had to Kiritsugu, phrasing it like that.

In the end though both Saber and Illya are examples of people Shirou was unable to save on his path to being a hero, in this case one person's Hero. And as such they were losses we can only assume Shirou came to terms with because he had to, and because he had a present, and future with Sakura to focus on.

As the epilogue says,

So the winter went by and spring came along.
    Nature is in its full bloom, and there is nothing to remind you of the cold hard days.
    Stash away both what you lost and gained for life continues on.

Now then...
    The story that unraveled in this town has reached its conclusion.
    New stages and people are waiting for us.

Which, I do like to think the epilogue paragraph is a statement from Illya wrapping up the story, just as she announces the closing of the Heaven's Feel ritual. It gives her both acknowledgement, and that more finality to the ending.

If Sudo includes the paragraph in the film to close it off I would hope maybe he sees it the same way and has it be a naration by her. It's not exactly like I haven't seen others proposing this theory.
    Last edited by Winter; November 21st, 2019 at 04:58 AM.
    ~ I love and admire beautiful stories ~
    Unlimited Blade Works' true Good End: https://www.bilibili.com/video/av569...50898884336512
    Spoiler:

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    I hope they also have some reflection on Illya & Saber in Spring Song's epilogue. One thing that made me sort of irritated was how despite Shirou desperately trying to tell Illya to not sacrifice herself, to come back, she does so and its heartwrenching.

Or just how griefstricken Shirou was a while earlier for having to kill Saber, so bad that he compartmentalized it.

And then 2 years later, there's like no reflection, no momentary sadness, no bittersweetness that gives way to happiness. Just kind of a saccharine thing.

Like sometimes i try to imagine how grief stricken and guilty Sakura would feel if she were in Shirou's place with having to kill Rider and Rin sacrificing herself to save her life, and to just have nothing be acknowledged and it just feels so not well done for the HF True Ending.
    Well, you're taking it too harshly imo. Shirou doesn't dwell on Shinji's death/disappearance in Fate, Rin isn't particularly sensitive about the kids who were in some cases permanently damaged by the Bloodfort or seems to give much sympathy at all to Issei for losing Kuzuki. For that matter, though the gravity of people hurt by the war is something she cognitively knows, she doesn't really see the base problem that it's likely a mistake to have the war in the middle of a city, nor does she reflect on her past thoughts about witnesses being eliminated.
    Whereas Sakura up and says she is working through it by putting everything into her job in Fuyuki and helping Shirou to avoid wallowing. If anyone really got off scot free and without a thought to the damage to the lives they've ruined over the past 200 years, it would be the Einzberns. Shirou not crying his eyes out for Ilya or Saber is definitely not a "well I guess he doesn't care", they moved on, and you see that sort of thing in all the endings to a degree.

i
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    - welcome back, Rin! How was London.
    - It was fine. And you guys?
    - we are ok, but man, I sure miss my little sister that sacrified for me and the corrupted ghost of king Arthur I had to kill. Sakura cries all the time at night.

- I see.
    I need a like button for stuff like this

Im sure Shirou and Sakura care, but 2 years later, i like to assume they reached a point where they dont care every day of the week

The problem is, story telling rules say that if you dont care on screen, you dont care period. Thats why the throwaway line about keeping busy to not think about the dead

Surpass her level, if you dare. hayate's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    Im sure Shirou and Sakura care, but 2 years later, i like to assume they reached a point where they dont care every day of the week

The problem is, story telling rules say that if you dont care on screen, you dont care period. Thats why the throwaway line about keeping busy to not think about the dead
    Also, nursing the same trauma all over again is unhealthy for mental health.

Imagine having one of your closest relatives die and not moving on from their death 2 - 3 or even 10 years later.

That can warrant the help of a psychiatrist. Or even a minister.

Even more so with PTSD. Prolonged PTSD can become full mental illness and loss of self - awareness if left unchecked as shown here in FSN.
    Not dealing with it...

Why even try?

This is golden...
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    Lol Ishtarin went full Aqua
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    I've seen people in this forum spend the GDP of a third world country into Grand Order
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Yeah, there's a saying that you should strive for perfection knowing full well you won't achieve it. Saber looked at it and said "Hold my Beer"
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    And then all her friends resented her for it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    Also, nursing the same trauma all over again is unhealthy for mental health.

Imagine having one of your closest relatives die and not moving on from their death 2 - 3 or even 10 years later.

That can warrant the help of a psychiatrist. Or even a minister.

Even more so with PTSD. Prolonged PTSD can become full mental illness and loss of self - awareness if left unchecked as shown here in FSN.

Well, HF True literally has the most actual afterstory stuff of the end of the three routes' epilogues. A buttload of stuff happened. Shirou was brought in whatever state he was in when Rider got him out of the cave (which now that mystery will be solved, they can't avoid showing it now), Sakura ignored the side effects of being forcibly separated from AM to help with Shirou, everybody is freaking out to get him a body. The sisters get on the black market and get him a second hand body and he has to spend a long time recovering while Rin skips town to go to the Clock Tower for the trial and to do whatever she needs to do leaving Sakura as the Supervisor, Sakura sometime finds Dilo, who ends up getting her connections so she can find out what happened to Rin at the Association while she is helping Shirou get back to normal.
    And then, a year later, you get to the actual epilogue's beginning, so they don't even need to make stuff up that happened like in UBW's anime, but show what was talked about. That's why they don't even really need to make up an interesting way to show how trying things are, that's all there. Moreover, adding extra would mean cutting actually good lore.
    Last edited by Altima of the Gates; November 21st, 2019 at 09:57 PM.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    I kinda dream of Sakura keeping some of her hair white as a reminder to never forget, but a dream is a dream

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    I dream of shirou going Miyuverse during the last bit in the cave, that slightly archerified look is coooool

Nice discussion here. My thoughts are still the same despite reading the VN only once but I felt that the last True End to the final route of the Fate/stay night was really lackluster. It was lackluster for me because we only got Rin's perspective? Where is Shirou's perspective? Sakura's perspective? Why do we only get Rin's perspective? I know people will say that the True End closes out with Rin's POV is fitting because it comes full circle as she was the POV at the start of the game.

Another reason I felt that it was lackluster is because Sakura receives no consequences for her actions such as killing the innocents under the influence of AM. Where is the equivalent exchange? Shirou received consequences for being an idiot by losing his body and his soul being transferred via Third Sorcery and the loss of Illya too.

Rin coming back to Japan and going to the Emiya household and greeted as if it was any other day was disappointing. She had been away from Japan for 2 years and no heartfelt welcoming from Sakura?

It wasn't explained but who exactly is the guy that can leap through parallel timelines?

Rider being able to stay after the end of the HGW was strange whereas in the UBW True End, Saber wasn't able to stay in this world? But she (Saber) was able to stay in this world in the UBW Sunny Days ending how?
    Last edited by Gyrad1; November 22nd, 2019 at 05:13 AM.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrad1 View Post
    Another reason I felt that it was lackluster is because Sakura receives no consequences for her actions such as killing the innocents under the influence of AM. Where is the equivalent exchange? Shirou received consequences for being an idiot by losing his body and his soul being transferred via Third Sorcery and the loss of Illya too.
    Ah, crime and punishment. So '800.
    Rin coming back to Japan and going to the Emiya household and greeted as if it was any other day was disappointing. She had been away from Japan for 2 years and no heartfelt welcoming from Sakura?
    There was. They are Japanese, what did you expect, kisses and hugs?

It wasn't explained but who exactly is the guy that can leap through parallel timelines?
    Zelretch, the guy that created the gem sword.
    Rider being able to stay after the end of the HGW was strange whereas in the UBW True End, Saber wasn't able to stay in this world? But she (Saber) was able to stay in this world in the UBW Sunny Days ending how?
    Saber could stay even in UBW True. She just chooses to leave.

That's Nasu's self-insert in his own universe.

Blog Entries
    @noname: Sakura always has reminders of her life with the Matous, since her hair and eyes shouldn't be purple and that won't ever go away.

Nice discussion here. My thoughts are still the same despite reading the VN only once but I felt that the last True End to the final route of the Fate/stay night was really lackluster. It was lackluster for me because we only got Rin's perspective? Where is Shirou's perspective? Sakura's perspective? Why do we only get Rin's perspective? I know people will say that the True End closes out with Rin's POV is fitting because it comes full circle as she was the POV at the start of the game.

You answered you own question for the first part, so I'll ignore that, needless to say it was a stylistic choice on their part, with an anime, they can retool that by having more perspectives.

The second is that there are aftereffects from forcibly separating her soul from AM and being a grail, Sakura just chooses to work them out on her own, and the link she has to the other side is uncontrollable, we only see the benefits, but having power just collect in you uncontrollably is not really something that would be completely a happy thing to have. Basically, both she and Shirou are freaks now, and having magical energy radiating from you every second is likely not going to have good tidings all the time in that world. Kinda makes you see why she doesn't take Rin's invitation to the Clock Tower, besides the work she wants to do in Fuyuki.

She welcomed Rin back warmly and they reminisced, Rin wasn't exactly jumping in Sakura's arms either lol.

Zelretch is the one who jumps from parallel timelines.

Rider stays because there was an opportunity to, that's it. Saber wasn't able to stay in Fate due to circumstances, and left on her own like was said in UBW True but stayed in Good. It's all circumstances and choices.
    Last edited by Altima of the Gates; November 22nd, 2019 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yosuk View Post
    For anyone who is interested in the English translations of the Deluxe Booklets appearing in Aniplex's North American release.
    Are there scans of the Fate/Zero Animation Material I?

Reading all this isn't the Normal End more appropiate for everyone?

Nah, that's way too edgy. Just have to true ending and be done with it.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by ballinamon View Post
    Reading all this isn't the Normal End more appropiate for everyone?
    Time should be able to heal all wounds as long as people survived, but scars should also remain