Thread: Fate/Grand Order General Discussion (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

So does Columbus get an additional effect to his NP, apart from the crit chance down? Here being optimistic that he received something more apart from extra damage.

JP Friend Code
    500595933 | 紅 (pm)
    nope
    Chaldea Heroes

Personal skill
    Quote Originally Posted by GundamFSN View Post
    Nikiri has what I dub Blessings of the Boobs, see. As long as what his rolling for has two conspicuous mountains, they'll come to him one way or another.
    Well, fine. Nikiri has this thing called 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikiri View Post
    GundamFSN. Thank you.

Just before rolling I said 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」

First ticket. Da Vinci-chan NP2.

Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    If you are talking about free SSR, you can try Magia Record which allows you to choose one non-limited SSR after completing the tutorial. All the SSRs are good enough and still not out of date even now, and it is really nice to f2p since one of the best units in the game is free.
    Doesn't that kusoge have a region lock on the login itself? Screw that noise.

Quote Originally Posted by ryokatagenji View Post
    Sounds too generous. Inb4 just limited to the 5 ssrs on launch.
    If they decide to hand out a free ssr, then it's most likely a random ssr ticket and not a pick your own ssr. Not even Granblue is generous enough to let you pick your own character without paying.
    I thought we were talking about paying?

Quote Originally Posted by ryokatagenji View Post
    Wish there was a Tales of the Rays thread...
    Make one, I'll talk in it. I'll be done farming Barbatos today, and will commence the daily farm until the summer event starts.

So, Passionlip's new skill effect uses the same trigger mechanics as Summer Nero's NP Gen Up on her Privilege skill. Interesting to know since you need a way lower current HP if you're going to pair with Merlins due to the health gain shifting percentages.

- - - Updated - - -

5 stakes from Abigail node 2. Thanks, Abigail!

​Witness The Power Of The... Suicide Squad?

JP Friend Code
    500595933 | 紅 (pm)
    well, i did say that few posts ago
    Chaldea Heroes

Personal skill
    Nikiri has what I dub Blessings of the Boobs, see. As long as what his rolling for has two conspicuous mountains, they'll come to him one way or another.
    GundamFSN. Thank you.

well, i did say that few posts ago
    Not really, you didn't. You only said that below 50% HP, the lower the HP the stronger she gets but no mention on how it exactly triggers. And even then, we only know one part of the equation. If the Atk Up actually does change value on the fly every turn based on how low she gets past 50%, then I would really want to see skills like Hijikata's Shinsengumi skill be changed to follow suit.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kelp24's Avatar
    BB upgraded to BBBB hah

JP Friend Code
    500595933 | 紅 (pm)
    I used the word "when"

so if she is above 50%, it doesn't apply

and when she is below, she will get stronger with less HP, that's how the skill is described
    Chaldea Heroes

Personal skill
    GundamFSN. Thank you.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Deja vu
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

Blog Entries
    Black Grail is such a delish option for Lip. Not that it wasn't before.

- - - Updated - - -

Anw, hello, enmity bs.

I hope the Atk buff is decent. Not exactly what she needed but 3 turn Atk up on a 4 turn cooldown is pretty cool.

I used the word "when"

so if she is above 50%, it doesn't apply

and when she is below, she will get stronger with less HP, that's how the skill is described
    Yeah, but it could've been another mechanic like reading whether the HP is above or below 50% before the buff is applied and then the buff effect is relative to the lostHP% at that time. Because before this, the only way skills ever take lostHP% into account is on the initial stage of buffing. So, if they were to try and fit this old mechanic into the existing system, it'll either have to accomodate to the buff's effect first or the trigger mechanic similar to how Summer Nero's Privilege skill works. We don't have access to the codes used so I initially assumed that they'd focus on the lostHP% buff mechanic since the reverse could be rather disastrous (buff with full HP, get down to below 50% but the buff has no impact or really low (lowest base value) impact since lostHP% mechanic doesn't count until rebuffing).

JP Friend Code
    500595933 | 紅 (pm)
    So talking about this mechanic, where is the source that says Hijikata's buff doesn't update with each turn, because I remember someone saying that, but not sure if it's true

or did someone make tests
    Chaldea Heroes

Personal skill
    GundamFSN. Thank you.

I don't remember the source of someone actually showing the code but I also remembered someone mentioning it? Don't remember if there was a post on the testing done. Could be wrong, don't quote me.

- - - Updated - - -

It just stuck in my mind anyway.

Frankly, I'm not sure this attack up was what Passionlip needed the most, and it's weird that her taunt skill is the one that gets it. I mean, if you use her Taunt skill chances are you also use Breast Valley and Trash and Crash for a 60% defense up and 1000 damage cut. This pretty much makes Lip very hard to kill, so chances are next turn you won't fulfill the requirements for her to have low health.

Not only that, but with her base low health, having her at half health is very risky, and since most than likely she's your main damage dealer, you really don't want to risk having her die for that extra damage (wish I knew the values to be 100% sure about this).

Also, if you use Lip chances are you use Merlin to make her crit often, and having Servants at low health with Merlin in your side is very difficult. Max HP also doesn't work here at all, as it also heals the same amount you get extra HP, and when the effect goes, if you didn't lose that amount (and chances are you didn't) you end up with more health than before you used Hero Creation, so that's another case you won't be fulfilling this.

Frankly, they should have either lowered the cooldown of Breast Valley so it has the same cooldown as Masochistic Constitution and give it an additional defense up for three hits/1 turn. That way every four turns Lip is petty much unkillable just by using her own skills and that's it.
    Last edited by Oz1337; July 11th, 2018 at 07:48 AM.

JP Friend Code
    500595933 | 紅 (pm)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oz1337 View Post
    and it's weird that her taunt skill is the one that gets it
    I think the interlude explains it, but ha if I want to read it at snails pace

i will never be as good as castor at this rate
    Chaldea Heroes

Personal skill
    GundamFSN. Thank you.

JP Friend Code
    Lip's attack buff is pretty good I'd say. Not game breaking, but good. And I don't have slave trader so can't do anything about that. Will read Abi's interlude later to see what's up with the Outer Gods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    My Dx2 FC is ARY89VD5 everybody add me this one a day support system is killing me
    Dx2 thread go go go we’re taking over till the reruns stop
    I sent a rq. Should immediately knew that's me cuz name is 玉藻の前
    I think I'll check it out after I'm off from work.
    Yes, join the club!

Quote Originally Posted by Oz1337 View Post
    Frankly, I'm not sure this attack up was what Passionlip needed the most, and it's weird that her taunt skill is the one that gets it. I mean, if you use her Taunt skill chances are you also use Breast Valley and Trash and Crash for a 60% defense up and 1000 damage cut. This pretty much makes Lip very hard to kill, so chances are next turn you won't fulfill the requirements for her to have low health.

Not only that, but with her base low health, having her at half health is very risky, and since most than likely she's your main damage dealer, you really don't want to risk having her die for that extra damage (wish I knew the values to be 100% sure about this).

Also, if you use Lip chances are you use Merlin to make her crit often, and having Servants at low health with Merlin in your side is very difficult. Max HP also doesn't work here at all, as it also heals the same amount you get extra HP, and when the effect goes, if you didn't lose that amount (and chances are you didn't) you end up with more health than before you used Hero Creation, so that's another case you won't be fulfilling this.

Frankly, they should have either lowered the cooldown of Breast Valley so it has the same cooldown as Masochistic Constitution and give it an additional defense up for three hits/1 turn. That way every four turns Lip is petty much unkillable just by using her own skills and that's it.
    Past the first turn's set of buffs, you'd really not wait for it if you want to keep her up the longest. Plus, you don't need to use Merlins (since they themselves grant enough damage boosting buffs) to capitalise on it. In fact, I think the buff is focused more towards teamcomps without Merlins where you need a taunt that can also heal your party.

JP Friend Code
    I think the interlude explains it, but ha if I want to read it at snails pace

i will never be as good as castor at this rate
    I did not read it yet but since the skill description itself said that it gains additional special effects ontop of defense, makes sense.

Would be nice if heals didn't negate the buff's strength. 1HP taunt feels a liiittle silly.