Thread: Fate/Grand Order General Discussion (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kelp24's Avatar
    wish I had a Prisma Cosmos. Relying on Kariya is sad.
    Kariya version of 2030 would be nice too.

JP Friend Code
    PM Me
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R.Lock View Post
    That's gameplay.

The idea behind the CQ's are fun. Like trying to avoid getting starved or trying to not drown in the debts.
    A shame this is a videogame, and thus the way those ideas are implemented into gameplay has a lot of bearing into how they're received, and indeed, they're horribly executed when 90% of said ideas just boil down to "pray to RNGsus"

Blog Entries
    That's gameplay.

The idea behind the CQ's are fun. Like trying to avoid getting starved or trying to not drown in the debts.
    thats not ideas, thats flavor text
    ideas are:
    Q1: Solo It
    Q2: AOE NP your way through, pray_for_no_crits(level 1)
    Q3: Dispel enemy stacks and keep your defence up, pray_for_no_crits(level 1)
    Q4: Figure out best kill order which varies depending on what you bring, pray_for_no_crits(level 6)
    Q5: pray_for_no_crits(level 10)
    Q6: Kill mooks which you can kill, but mostly pray_for_no_crits(level 8)

only Q1 and Q4 are creative in a good way, and Q1 is kinda cheap for challenge quest to be completely honest (grab support lancer gg wp)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KAIZA View Post
    See, the difference to me was that the Arash CQ actually felt like a puzzle challenge fight. Once you realize the gimmick (he can't be blocked, but after NPing five times he dies), you can immediately infer what to do (stall + guts) and then have a fair shot at it. It couldn't be Merlin cheesed, but it didn't implement bullshit RNG gimmicks like the ones you mentioned (because it's so much fun to have your characters randomly insta-killed, or have Da Vinci constantly charge up NP and put invul pierce twice in a row after you remove just one NP tick from her)
    Yeah, suuuure, it was so much fun to superstack def buffs/try to out-guts Arash.

And yeah, RNG BS happening in CQ is frustrating, but I couldn't care less about it in the game built on five layers of RNG.

Frankly the only quests I enjoyed in this Gil quest are Touta, Izo and Sheba, but even those quests were plagued with many moments of crit RNG bullshit. Past years weren't that full of them, with only King Hassan being very poorly designed and Da Vinci quest being a nightmare, but this year all the quests had crit rate up to pretty much make it really hard to win.

JP Friend Code
    PM Me
    Blog Entries
    Like, I hated some of last year's quests with a passion (namely the ones you mentioned), but I'd still take last year's quests to any of the ones from this year. Even without counting me liking the Arash one, the others were just fine and dandy.

The only fight I had any sort of fun this year, and that was mainly because I felt oh so satisfied for pulling off a 3T strategy on it, was the Izou quest, and maybe the Leonidas one was passable. Otherwise? No thank you.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kelp24's Avatar
    damage reduction was a mistake

JP Friend Code
    PM Me
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, suuuure, it was so much fun to superstack def buffs/try to out-guts Arash.

And yeah, RNG BS happening in CQ is frustrating, but I couldn't care less about it in the game built on five layers of RNG.
    I'll take outgunning the AI (which is wholly dependent on your own skill and NP management) over RNG bullshit (lol, u die nao kthx) any day.

Blog Entries
    In all honestly it only shows that DW has completely incompetent game designers who's only idea of difficulty are guaranteed ohko crits and dozens of unremovable buffs / debuffs
    i wonder if some of the key staff quit or got relocated to some other projects because last year is clearly just way better in terms of quality

I'll take outgunning the AI (which is wholly dependent on your own skill and NP management) over RNG bullshit (lol, u die nao kthx) any day.
    DPS tests would be a very bad idea since it locks people who don't have a wide array of super high powered SSRs out.

Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    ideas are:
    Q4: Figure out best kill order which varies depending on what you bring, pray_for_no_crits(level 6)

only Q1 and Q4 are creative in a good way, and Q1 is kinda cheap for challenge quest to be completely honest (grab support lancer gg wp)
    Oh, man. Pray_for_no_crits seems to be a theme here.

​Witness The Power Of The... Suicide Squad?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by manafusion View Post
    Oh, man. Pray_for_no_crits seems to be a theme here.
    tbh Sheba isnt even pray for no crits, she will eventually crit you every attack so you just have to hope she chooses to use buffs and stun her / use invuls every other time

Blog Entries
    A shame this is a videogame, and thus the way those ideas are implemented into gameplay has a lot of bearing into how they're received, and indeed, they're horribly executed when 90% of said ideas just boil down to "pray to RNGsus"
    90% of any gameplay experience in FGO that you're not NP'ing in 3 turns without relying on the deck shuffle luck is praying to RNG.
    Anyway, Da Vinci CQ allowed easy recovery from RNG as long as you paid attention to two mobs. KH was RNG galore, but not like this year.
    I'm not fine with the way the CQ's were balanced (except for reading through reddit tears), but I prefer barely-clearable CQ's that had fun concept to them instead of boring stuff with not much thought involved into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    ideas are:

Flavor text for you, funny concept for me.

JP Friend Code
    PM Me
    Blog Entries
    Also to keep in mind, Arash can only do three things besides attacking: Defense Up (pointless since you're not fighting him), Crit Up (the only case of RNG in the fight, if he chooses to use it, and even then it's one less action that turn) and NP charge (which can catch you off guard, but that's what save scumming is for). All in all, much easier to plan out than "kill this one, gets this buff, and this one this other buff, and all the buffs! Oh, and you can't remove them"

90% of any gameplay experience in FGO that you're not NP'ing in 3 turns without relying on the deck shuffle luck is praying to RNG.
    Anyway, Da Vinci CQ allowed easy recovery from RNG as long as you paid attention to two mobs. KH was RNG galore, but not like this year.
    I'm not fine with the way the CQ's were balanced (except for reading through reddit tears), but I prefer barely-clearable CQ's that had fun concept to them instead of boring stuff with not much thought involved into it.
    Ecchan having a feast is a fun concept to me. Even if it means us taking the brunt of all the bullshit that comes with her eating stuffs.

EDIT: Cause concept and execution are two different things.

JP Friend Code
    PM Me
    Blog Entries
    Not really? This game is really easy as is, with only recent story bosses starting to show some difficulty to make up for the copious amounts of support shenanigans we have nowadays. Not sure what you mean by this game being RNG galore.

Not really? This game is really easy as is, with only recent story bosses starting to show some difficulty to make up for the copious amounts of support shenanigans we have nowadays. Not sure what you mean by this game being RNG galore.
    KH has this passive that grants him % chance to IK on every non-NP attack. What this means is that if he attacks one of your supports and they so unluckily got IK-ed, that's the end of the run. And no, KH only hits the first Servant once every turn so the second (and third) hit will always be someone else.

JP Friend Code
    PM Me
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by manafusion View Post
    KH has this passive that grants him % chance to IK on every non-NP attack. What this means is that if he attacks one of your supports and they so unluckily got IK-ed, that's the end of the run. And no, KH only hits the first Servant once every turn so the second (and third) hit will always be someone else.
    I wasn't talking about the CQ, I hated that one. I meant the part he said the entire game was RNG galore.

Thanks Mizukume for your advice on using BB. She really made the fight much more easy. Though it was sometimes hard to stun her at the right moment since my Jeanne doesn't have that skill at 10.

I have a secret that I haven't told you... Huitante's Avatar
    Yea RNG-fests and buttloads of buffs/debuffs are annoying. First batch of challenge quests was the best

Holy shit a gold saber skill gem dropped I thought they didn't exist
    I've finally maxed every Servant, even Kerry
    We've had to endure much, you and I, but within the week there will be old men running the world

OLD MEN ARE THE FUTURE