Thread: Fate/Grand Order General Discussion (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

I hope it's old cancerous Musashi and his skills all have horrible demerits like stunning himself, max HP reduction and attack down.

Blog Entries
    when was last 50% QP off? i wouldnt mind farming a billion

They genderbent:

Artoria & Mordred (you get used to the trans-sired inbred rape baby story eventually)

Altera (alternate history makes it okay)
    Nero Claudius (alternate history makes it okay, it just would've been more interesting if Fate/EXTRA and FGO didn't try to paint her as a good person and she had to acknowledge she did some shitty stuff during her life)

Francis Drake (not sure why she's the Chaotic Evil alignment, and some people dislike that she has massive tits)

Okita Souji & Oda Nobunaga (you get used to them being female if you see the GUDAGUDA show)

Minamoto-no-Raikou (like with Drake, people dislike that she was genderbent for fanservice)

Xuanzang Sanzang (similar to Raikou and Drake)

Hassan of Serenity
    Hassan of a Hundred Faces (the only thing I didn't like about the Hassans is that, during Camelot in the NA version, they claim that they believe in multiple gods; Muslims believe the only god is Allah)

Miyamoto Musashi (lol people are getting pissy about her being a fanservice Servant when there are worse examples in Drake and Raikou)
    It looks like it's time to operate, Doctor-style. Because Doctor is my first name; not because I'm a doctor.

because I'm not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I’m not a mod
    im an admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Raylen Cypher View Post
    so you admin to playing with sock puppets

Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    He's going to be the Musashiface that Musashi herself teased at, young and bishie.
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Geistalt View Post
    They genderbent:

Artoria & Mordred (you get used to the trans-sired inbred rape baby story eventually)

Altera (alternate history makes it okay)
    Nero Claudius (alternate history makes it okay, it just would've been more interesting if Fate/EXTRA and FGO didn't try to paint her as a good person and she had to acknowledge she did some shitty stuff during her life)

Francis Drake (not sure why she's the Chaotic Evil alignment, and some people dislike that she has massive tits)

Okita Souji & Oda Nobunaga (you get used to them being female if you see the GUDAGUDA show)

Minamoto-no-Raikou (like with Drake, people dislike that she was genderbent for fanservice)

Xuanzang Sanzang (similar to Raikou and Drake)

Hassan of Serenity
    Hassan of a Hundred Faces (the only thing I didn't like about the Hassans is that, during Camelot in the NA version, they claim that they believe in multiple gods; Muslims believe the only god is Allah)

Miyamoto Musashi (lol people are getting pissy about her being a fanservice Servant when there are worse examples in Drake and Raikou)
    You missed Jing Ke, shes also genderbent
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

I also missed Jack and Nezha (although it is stated that Jack isn't the actual murderer who got away with killing 5 women, but an amalgam of infant wraiths calling themselves Jack the Ripper, and from what I read on TV Tropes, Nasuverse Nezha actually started out male but was revived as a female as a Servant).
    It looks like it's time to operate, Doctor-style. Because Doctor is my first name; not because I'm a doctor.

because I'm not.
    I’m not a mod
    im an admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Raylen Cypher View Post
    so you admin to playing with sock puppets

JP Friend Code
    I don't even consider Jackie a genderbend. Whether they want to adapt JTR servants other than Jackie (& hopefully SF!Jack), I'm sure there's a more traditional JTR servant just waiting to be made but no one wants to make it because they know he wouldn't sell.

Sad.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I wouldn't count Serenity as a genderbend, I believe she's based on an Indian legend about poisonous women being used as assassins
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    I got accustomed to the genderbend deal early on (helps when the series main face is a genderbent King Arthur) and years of seeing genderbend Sengoku/Three Kingdoms title out of Japan, so after a certain point I just go "Alternate reality, different take, they are female in this work, sure, whateves"

My problem with it is when they try to just change the gender, keep the historical facts, and then turn around and do a completely different take that makes you wonder why did they bother in the first place. This is the issue with Drake's Chaotic Evil alignment, where while the historical Drake is a monster by all accounts, Nasuverse Drake is pretty whitewashed and the way she's characterized isn't based on the actual male Drake, but this adventure seeking pirate who wants freedom more than anything. The closest she ever gets to being Chaotic Evil is when she's standing in for Dahut, and that doesn't actually count.

At least they got Columbus right.

Raioku, Shuten and Ibaraki are ones that I am split on because it is clear that a lot of thought went into how they work as women in Fate, but the design (for Raikou in particular) makes me wish Raita had stuck with them being male.

- - - Updated - - -

Da Vinci is also pretty good, I think, for an intentional genderbent
    JP Support 7/11/2018 (non-event)

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Oz1337 View Post
    I really hope we get old man Musashi instead of this one in the future.
    The image of Pan Human Musashi looking like an old grizzled more hobo-ish Izou does make me smile.

Quote Originally Posted by Rue View Post
    The image of Pan Human Musashi looking like an old grizzled more hobo-ish Izou does make me smile.
    I would now like to see the Musashi we have looking like a grizzled hobo.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    the funny thing almost no one complained about Nobunaga gender bent because she's still acts like Oda Nobunaga.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Well, yeah

Gederbending isn't bad in and of itself. Okita and Nobu are both great in comedic and serious situations because they are written and presented in a way that makes use of their historical basis in a v. good way.
    JP Support 7/11/2018 (non-event)

JP Friend Code
    I would forgive everything TM did if they release a male genderbent.

JP Friend Code
    Da Vinci is also my fave gender bend, I love how it was done in her case and how she's written and utilized in the story (I wish I had her...). The Mona Lisa connection and using his genius to achieve his own beauty standards is clever and amusing.

Arturia I'm cool with too as it's an interesting twist to the Arthurian myths I grew up reading and it changes the implications for parts of her story in neat ways (like Lancelot and Guinevere) and hilarious ways (Merlin cheat codes for Mordred lol).

The rest I mostly don't mind unless they mischaracterize because they want to make the gender bent version more appealing just because they are now a girl character (written less evil, barely any clothes on, fanservice tropes, etc).

I would totally be surprised by a male genderbend just to see how they would do it but I don't see them ever resisting the temptation for another "waifu" to design.
    Last edited by Nisaba; January 12th, 2019 at 09:49 PM.
    ---Rayshifting since 2015/08/28
    Current Support Lineup ^^

Best Girl

---Various Fate (and other) cosplay adventures: https://linktr.ee/nisaba.cosplay

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Caenis was supposed to be female to male gender bent.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    Caenis was supposed to be female to male gender bent.
    And yet it seems like they went with female here.

And even if they dare to make her male, doesn't count if it's from the actual legend.

I want them to have the balls to make an actual female historical figure into male.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    And yet it seems like they went with female here.

And even if they dare to make her male, doesn't count if it's from the actual legend.

I want them to have the balls to make an actual female historical figure into male.
    I want it to not just be any female hero/historical figure, but someone like Helen whose story role really depends on them being female. And on top of that I want them to be a big burly dude and not a girly boy like Astolfo.

Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    Quote Originally Posted by Arha View Post
    I want it to not just be any female hero/historical figure, but someone like Helen whose story role really depends on them being female. And on top of that I want them to be a big burly dude and not a girly boy like Astolfo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobin View Post
    Genderbend some originally female figures pls. Helen for Manliness Manly Man of Troy.
    Comrade!
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    I would forgive everything TM did if they release a male genderbent.
    Helen of Troy being a male would be pretty sweet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.