Thread: Fate/Grand Order General Discussion (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

Summer Dioscuri Dream Sandstorm77's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Well good thing the yang CQ is pretty easy with sitonai, which mean i didn't need to waste time by having to do multiple attempts.

"An ideal is only an ideal after all. As long as you embrace that ideal, the friction with reality will continue to increase. So you will someday face reality and will have to pay for your compromises"

And so, dead week starts from this point I guess (though mine started long ago). Another one to the big list we will have this year.

Olympus out tomorrow

JP Friend Code
    Pretty sure we get Death Stranding, not Olympus.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kelp24's Avatar
    think we'll get anything good in the Gacha at least

or just maybe Artemis as the SSR

Blog Entries
    is it a dead week? i expect event on wendesday, doesnt really count

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle

Up on Support.

I hope we never see this event again.

Rolled pretty hard for Tama, got nothing. Guessing the next 3 months until Olympus is going to be pretty dry for me.
    JP Support 7/11/2018 (non-event)

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Junao's bond CE gives me feels
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Does Napoleon benefit from NP2?

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Increases damage and modifier against Divinity. I donno if you think that's worth it or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Increases damage and modifier against Divinity. I donno if you think that's worth it or not.

Guess I've got 5 rare prisms, then.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Does Napoleon benefit from NP2?
    Euryale is the sole damaging NP Servant whose NP modifier does not increase with NP level, so of course he does.

Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    No, it increases damage only. Overcharge is unrelated to NP level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    No, it increases damage only. Overcharge is unrelated to NP level.
    Well, you can only get to 200% naturally with NP 2+, and 300% with NP5, so not entirely unrelated.

Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    Well, you can only get to 200% naturally with NP 2+, and 300% with NP5, so not entirely unrelated.
    At this point, how often do you even go up to 200% in your regular runs? And how often do you go to 200% in a CQ? The answer is almost never. Now, what about a Buster NP Servant who can't gain more than 100% charge from his cards alone? It drops down to definitely never. So, it's better to just see it as 100% OC.

In fact, at this point, the additional 100% gauge charging is only more of a safety net against drain-type skills since it allows you to have more than 100% and thus being able to prevent the drain from affecting your next turn much.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, it's a real shame. Cause OC tends to be one of the more impactful factors for some Servants like Helena or Void Shiki. But that's also why there're more OC boost CEs/skills around these days. They basically fulfill the role of "charging NP gauges" without actually needing to go beyond the required 100% or doing some awkward NP chain positioning.
    Last edited by manafusion; January 18th, 2020 at 02:33 AM.

​Witness The Power Of The... Suicide Squad?

There's some Servants that can easily reach 200% with the right buffs, but that's a very small amount of them unfortunately. Most of the times you get the OC effect by NP chaining, or by using the OC buff from CEs or skills.

Not sure how DW thought people could or would even want to reach 200% NP gauge when they were designing the game, specially since the OC effects aren't that good enough to justify delaying the NP as much as possible. And in early days most Servants had meh to really bad NP gain, so it was even harder to reach that amount. The only one that could realistically reach it was Medea back then.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Because at first they designed the game around clearing the first two waves with attacks, and on third using NP of whoever has managed to get enough arts cards. Because the game wasn't designed with the realization that the absolute priority of everyone playing the game would be to play as little of the game as possible, and save time.

Back then, even if whales gave everyone kaleido, then whoever charged up the two AoE servants would probably not be an AoE servant themselves, and plugsuit didn't exist. But the initial game wasn't designed around waver+kaleido, and overcharge is just so you're not sad that the already maxed servant is still part of the arts chain. It bears mentioning that a single aoe NP didn't use to kill the third wave, but now it does because of offensive creep. In short, the game used to want to make you actually play it and select attack cards.

It was supposed to be kind of like how Magia Record still does it, where 200% is the super turbo definitely kill everything version of the Magia. Issue with that kind of a system is that the rewards would need to be much better for every battle (as they also are in MagiReco).

Amazoness CEO event starts the 22nd.

Oh, and they finally put a cooldown timer on the Refresh List button. About goddamn time.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kelp24's Avatar
    Hopefully they add something of worth there

Btw, the new Mystic Code login reward does not require 8 consecutive logins. If you miss a day you haven't lost it.

Blog Entries
    The dread when you realize either re-run or nothing at all after the tedious CEO tower climbing shit.