Page 12 of 14639 FirstFirst ... 2710111213141722621125121012 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Grand Order General Discussion (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

K, so what seems to be new from Reiu's TL is "the law to preserve, strengthen, and uphold humanity's rule" and "Ending of Blockade, The Seven Seas". The first kinda confirms the inferences earlier in the thread, the latter I guess lends credence to it probably not being about Drake (which was already problematic due to the date not matching).
    Last edited by Leftovers; September 24th, 2014 at 03:24 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    I didn't mean to offend you if I did.
    Nah, don't worry. I'm always get used to it.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Verg Avesta View Post
    Pretty sure the date is about American Civil War, even more so thanks to the flavor text. Franklin was in France at the time. Mercer was (as mentioned) dead. Unlikely to be either.
    Revolutionary War, not Civil. Civil War was in the 1860s.

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Revolutionary War, not Civil. Civil War was in the 1860s.
    Right you are.

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well, it was in 1573 the Portuguese domination of the Indian Ocean route and trade with East Asia was first broken by the Spanish, what with the establishment of the Manila trading station and the Chinese switching from buying Japanese silver from the Portuguese to buying American silver from the Spaniards traveling the Manila-Acapulco route. It was effectively the opening of the Pacific Ocean as a regular trading route.

I still think it's Drake, though, because of the Voyager of Storms thing. Even if in 1573 he was busy pirating along the coasts of Panama and Colombia.
    Last edited by Daneel Rush; September 30th, 2014 at 08:36 PM.

Blog Entries
    I just want to know who Shield Servant is in this - and if she's similar to the Stray Servant Nasu had in mind for proto-F/SN.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I can see it.
    lol Camelot and your genderswapped knights.

Blog Entries
    Gettin' real sick of your shit, Type-Moon

For what it's worth, the cross extensions and shield proper do make out a Celtic cross (nod to Airgetlám), but the split ends are reminiscent of the Hospitaller cross (nod to 1888 & Order of St John); or rather, moreso of the early Amalfi cross. Though the poster girl doesn't have to be connected to the dates listed in the PV, since, you know, Altria is right there with them.

I did find one that looks more or less the same, but it had no labeling. But it doesn't matter, because I seriously doubt Takeuchi put even a minute of thought over the cross' design anyway.

TWO HOURS LATE EDIT: Meet the Brunswick cross.

At least the design is there.
    Last edited by Leftovers; October 3rd, 2014 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Replaced dead link.

Blog Entries
    Sure are a lot of history buffs in this thread.

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

Me, fighting? Perish the thought. Stasis's Avatar

I have long thinked over the possible servants for this game, but I must admit everything stays very vague. But here are my hypothesis.
    It is very lokiely to think that the first three are Jeanne, Nero and Drake. Indeed, those three are those with the most given data : all the others are a lot more hidden. So, considering that the first two are well known, I think the third one is part of their "type" an thus must be Drake.

Then, assuming that those are their identities, we can notice that they are all very "fanservice"-esque. And it seems to be the point of that game, since Arturia is also on the poster. And it is understandable, since it will be their first multiplayer game (you know, catching the interest of people, stuff like that...).
    All that to say that I guess that all the servants will be women. I know i build my idea only on three people, but many (me included) think Enkidu is the last. Of course he technically isn't a woman, but if you think of his global appearance...it does make sense.

Another one of my guessings is that to imagine who tehy could be, we could simply think based on the servant classes. They are seven (not counting arturia), and with the four I assume to have guessed, it works. Putting Jeanne in the saber class, we can think of Nero as a Assassin (it would be for once in accordance with his backstory). Then it would leave us with 4 classes.
    The one with the "white coat" is most likely to be caster. No other one has characteristics of it. And if you look at what people supposed of him/her, it makes even more sense.

It leaves us with 3 classes.
    An interesting factor just a few took in account is the "humanity foundation value". Whichever translation people gave, we can overall understand his meaning. And while it always grew upon each servant, at the "knight of londium", it loweredThen it is possible taht this one is Berserker. Should we think it is really Jack the ripper? Not necessarily. But it does reinforce the idea.

To conclude, there are archer and rider. What would be the most evident is Drake being Rider. But I somehow doesn't feel like it because I can't see an Archer with the title "Shining Agatorum". However, Drake can be Archer.
    That's why I think the last one is Rider. My opinion would be she is the girl on the poster, but I'm really not sure. Considering the date, it maybe Louis IX of France : his crusades could make him a Rider. But he died just a few years before 1273.

However, I'm not sure of the importance of the dates they give anyway. If you look at it, even for those we're sure of the identity, they don't have the slightest meaning. Nero didn't do anything special in 60. Something happened to Drake in 1573, but nothing related to his maritime records. In the united states, barely something unique goes with 1783...Only 1888 matches the dates of Jack the ripper's murders.

Also, I'm seriously wondering why in hell those different "holy grails" are in such a chronological disorder...well, they sorted it following those "humanity fondation", but I don't have the slightest idea why Nero could emphasize it...more than a guy in a white cloth…

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    JP Friend Code
    http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/934/934051/

Interview about GO with Nasu, Takeuchi, and some development guy, maybe has something resembling new info about it.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Somethingsomething Servant in the back being the shield Servant in the one from Side Material, multiple Servants for one Master, somethingsomething.

Somethingsomething, possibly having different versions of the same Heroic Spirit in your party, somethingsomething.

Somethingsomething, Kinoko finally getting a chance to write something about saving the world, somethingsomething.
    Last edited by peanuts; October 9th, 2014 at 11:34 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    There are actually three interviews out for this. It's on the website.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Now that's just cruel.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'm reading the 4gamers one first, and I like how Nasu doesn't have smartphone and thinks smartphone games are dumb.

Blog Entries
    I like that the game was made by a ragtag team of elderly mercenaries.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    I'm reading the 4gamers one first, and I like how Nasu doesn't have smartphone and thinks smartphone games are dumb.
    The story where he showed up to work one morning and found a smartphone preloaded with a bunch of online games that Takeuchi had left for him on his desk was pretty funny.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Once again it's all Takeuchi's fault.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.