Page 3 of 14637 FirstFirst 12345813531035031003 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Grand Order General Discussion (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    This is niceeee.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    [14:18] <Fall-Away> [19:50] <@Fallacy> Fate / Grand Order: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZdK8CJcOTE <-- rpg (?) for android and iphone
    [14:18] <Fall-Away> [19:51] <@Fallacy> hoihoisan: "The First Grail: AD 1431 - &*$&* Hundred Year War -- Orlea" - "The Holy Maiden Savior"
    [14:18] <Fall-Away> [19:51] <@Fallacy> hoihoisan: "The Second Grail: AD 0060 - The Eternal &^#^ Empire - Septem" -- "The Emperor of Roses"
    [14:18] <Fall-Away> [19:51] <@Fallacy> hoihoisan: "The Third Grail: AD 1573 - The Four Sealed Seas of the End - Okeanos" -- "The Navigator of the Storm"
    [14:18] <Fall-Away> [19:51] <@Fallacy> hoihoisan: "The Fourth Grail: AD 1888 - &^#^%#&^" -- "The Knight of Londium"
    [14:18] <Fall-Away> [19:51] <@Fallacy> hoihoisan: "The Fifth Grail: AD 1783 -- &^&^#$&^#i Pluribas Unam" -- "The White Cloth of &#^$&*^"
    [14:18] <Fall-Away> [19:51] <@Fallacy> hoihoisan: "The Sixth Grail: AD 1273 -- ^&#&^*$" - "The Shining Agatorum"
    [14:18] <Fall-Away> [19:51] <@Fallacy> hoihoisan: "The Seventh Grail: BC $#^^ -- The Absolute Frontline in the War Against the Demonic Beasts &#$&^#$$^" -- "The Chain of Heaven"
    [14:18] <Fall-Away> [19:51] <@Fallacy> hoihoisan: "The Largest-Scale Battle in the History of All Holy Grail Wars begins"
    [14:18] <Fall-Away> [19:51] <@Fallacy> hoihoisan: "The battle to take back the Future begins"

Translations of the text.

By Fallacies.
    So yeah, Jeanne, Nero, Francis Drake, and Enkidu...

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    So yeah, speculation as to what the "dates" are referring to.

Since the first one is obviously referring to Jeanne and her execution, I'm betting they're all related to the Servants featured.

The First Grail: AD 1431 - &*$&* Hundred Year War -- Orlea" - "The Holy Maiden Savior": Jeanne d'Arc, obviously.

The Second Grail: AD 0060 - The Eternal &^#^ Empire - Septem: Something something Roman Empire. Nero reigned during this time. Also the date of Boudicca's rebellion.

The Third Grail: AD 1573 - The Four Sealed Seas of the End - Okeanos" -- "The Navigator of the Storm": The Sengoku Era was full swing in this date. Though the texts seem unrelated to it. Not sure.

The Fourth Grail: AD 1888 - &^#^%#&^" -- "The Knight of Londium": Jack the Ripper's first victims were found during this year. Seems to be supported by the text (Knight though?)

The Fifth Grail: AD 1783 -- &^&^#$&^#i Pluribas Unam" -- "The White Cloth of &#^$&*^": AMERICA BECOMES INDEPENDENT, E PLURIBUS UNUM, i heard that motherfucker had like, 30 goddamn dicks.

The Sixth Grail: AD 1273 -- ^&#&^*$" - "The Shining Agatorum": Thomas Aquinas stops writing his Magnum Opus because of a revelation. The first Habsburg Emperor gains the throne. Not entirely sure.

The Seventh Grail: BC $#^^ -- The Absolute Frontline in the War Against the Demonic Beasts &#$&^#$$^" -- "The Chain of Heaven": It's Enkidu, ya dumbo.
    Genderswapped Washington and Aquinas, yeaaah

I wonder what does it mean with war against Demonic Beasts.

Quote Originally Posted by terraablaze View Post
    So the first two are pretty obvious, and I assume Artoria is in there somewhere. Anyone want to make educated guesses as to what all the other wars are? Other than the Seventh War which sounds like it's made of pure awesome.
    This is soemthing I didn't understand. Is it referred to past HGWs, or Grails as characters?

- - - Updated - - -

Looking up Argatorum, it seems to have some connection to vagabonds. So the Shinging Vagabond would be, Kublai Khan?
    Maybe someone connected to the Golden Horde?

Also the servant with the shield might be the knight of London, and the shield symbolizes her defending the country?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Verg Avesta View Post
    Also, year 1888 and title "Knight of Londium", along with the emblem on that huge-ass shield that the character has on the end... it might be someone from Order of St John, and not Jack.
    I'm pretty sure it's just Jack standing in front of a big thing and that with Higashide as one of the scenario dudes there's like a 0% chance it isn't Jack.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe it's a really, really big knife.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's just Jack standing in front of a big thing and that with Higashide as one of the scenario dudes there's like a 0% chance it isn't Jack.
    - - - Updated - - -
    This would be disappointing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

So I look at アガートラム and see Airgetlám. But what's Nuada doing in 1273?

I don't know, that girl looks more adult and developed than Jack, the outfit is different and it got an armor.
    Last edited by yokushi; July 27th, 2014 at 11:59 AM.

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thus did Jack join the Order of St John and become a knight and also Queen Victoria. This makes sense.

Though to be honest, if they really are Jack and Francis Drake, it's gonna be a bit disappointing. As if Saber and Jean aren't enough rehashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Different hairstyle, different body structure (adult?), different clothes, holding on to a what is pretty much either a shield or a huge cross... plus having the title "Knight of London/Londium (typo?)"... I wouldn't put money on betting pool of Jack just yet. Ain't the first they've done a subversion.
    Last edited by Verg Avesta; July 27th, 2014 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    Well, it's a last name (I think) so maybe someone else? Is there anything else it could be romanized as?

Maybe someone else with a sliver hand since that's what the word actually means?
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

SMT uses アガートラーム for Airgetlám. (Neither spelling sounds remotely like it though)

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's her, right?

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Waaaaait.

Celtic Cross is characterized by the circle that surrounds the intersection. Just... just like with the thing that the girl holds in that picture. And Nuada did have a shield if I remember correctly, Caindel or something like that.

Well, it's a last name (I think) so maybe someone else? Is there anything else it could be romanized as?

Maybe someone else with a sliver hand since that's what the word actually means?
    Google gives me his Welsh equivalent Lludd Llaw Eraint, his Geoffry of Monmouth expy in King Lud, and a children's novel set in the Dark Ages (which was first published in 1888).

Maybe it's just there because it looks kewl.

Blog Entries
    More importantly, what's a good translation for 人理?

Hey, Rudolf of Habsburg, who is featured in the aforementioned novel, became Romanorum Rex in 1273.

Blog Entries
    Fuck it, I'll do it live.

"With the passing of the Age of Gods and the start of the Common Era,
    Mankind has become the most prosperous species in the world.

The fate of the planet is in our hands.
    We are the ones who will write its epitaph.

Thankfully, there is a principle that will ensure mankind's everlasting prosperity.
    A sea chart guiding the human race.

In the world of magi, this is known as... Humanity."

First Holy Grail: Humanity Foundation Value_C+
    Second Holy Grail: Humanity Foundation Value_B+
    Third Holy Grail: Humanity Foundation Value_A
    Fourth Holy Grail: Humanity Foundation Value_A-
    Fifth Holy Grail: Humanity Foundation Value_A+
    Sixth Holy Grail: Humanity Foundation Value_EX
    Seventh Holy Grail: Humanity Foundation Value_■
    Last edited by Mcjon01; July 27th, 2014 at 01:03 PM.

I like how Humanity getting better is in no way correlated with linear time.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post

It's her, right?
    I'm just hopeful that it's her, because I've wanted to know who the Stray Servant was meant to be for a long, long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Verg Avesta View Post
    Waaaaait.

Celtic Cross is characterized by the circle that surrounds the intersection. Just... just like with the thing that the girl holds in that picture. And Nuada did have a shield if I remember correctly, Caindel or something like that.
    Oh. Well that would be very, very interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    I like how Humanity getting better is in no way correlated with linear time.
    Yes, it's all very vague and mysterious isn't it.

lol victoria

Blog Entries
    card games are cool so this is pretty cool
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    dumb people always have shit opinions about eva, its like some kind of more reliable iq test
    [20:47:33] I3uster: in 2015 a crack memer was sent to skype prison by a court of his Peers for a crime he didnt commit. he promptly escaped from his Maximum security Forum into the twitter Underground. Today, still wanted by the skype Group he survives as memer of fortune. If you Need a shitpost, if nobody else can fuck up a thread, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire: June.

20.06.2014 Never forget

Also Humanity (is this the new name for Alaya/humanity centered Counterforce? Perhaps a different aspect that focuses more on external threats?) hangs out at A for 3 whole Wars. Which is amusing. Just that sudden jump from A+ to EX.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」