Thread: Fate/Grand Order General Discussion (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Did nobody see that solo Kiara Medb challenge quest kill? She looks pretty freaking strong to me.
    I saw Marie solo'ing Tiamat, Hijikata challenge quest, Indian borthers challenge quest, Nerofest 2017 final challenge quest, and take at least 11 Herc lives when she had all taunters die in the Herc challenge.

If you call Marie an amazing damage dealer after these feats, I'm gonna laugh myself to death.

Quote Originally Posted by R.Lock View Post
    I saw Marie solo'ing Tiamat, Hijikata challenge quest, Indian borthers challenge quest, Nerofest 2017 final challenge quest, and take at least 11 Herc lives when she had all taunters die in the Herc challenge.

If you call Marie an amazing damage dealer after these feats, I'm gonna laugh myself to death.
    Mine is super amazing at killing doors because she's NP5.

....she's worse than the other riders at killing doors without using her NP tho
    Come visit Mobius Space where
    quite rarely
    translators gather
    and post Type-Moon stuff

JP Friend Code
    Karna is actually p ridiculous now. Only thing missing is star absorb but that's not really a problem for me tbh

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    Hardly Kiara's fault
    Also she would still be better against cavalry because no weakness
    I mean, we're not saying that Arthur's the best male SSR AoE Saber just because there's no other male SSR Sabers, are we?
    Like, okay, there's no alternative answer to multi-class cavalry quests. I still consider her damage output merely mediocre dwindled even further because of the lack of buffs/debuffs with more or less steady uptime.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Looking at the tier list just makes me wish that Holmes could be the star of the 2017 Christmas gacha.
    I mean I use Holmes a ton but I don't think he's anywhere near as useful as Waver or Merlin. He's definitely good and by far one of my favorite Servants to use but the gap between him and Waver/Merlin is quite far I believe.

I feel Waver & Merlin should be placed at like an EX++ or something just because they are almost a necessity.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    My bias for single target NP over AoE NP.
    No reason for that because Altera can match Okita's single target damage. Which is why she is A rank along with quite a few other Buster servants with AOE np who can also match single target damage with brave chains.

I don't see how she's any more team demanding than those three. Her only hiccup is the time that's needed to get her NP spam going, but it's not as though that takes very long thanks to her good NP generation.
    Dropping buster bomb is always easier than setting up NP spam team. Thats just harsh reality.
    Especially considering you can make do with support for that while for Saber Archer you have to have at least one ex support of your own, and you need right CE or damage / np gen gonna be poop.

I move Scathach down because she epitomizes what everyone bitches about Kintoki; good burst damage, but not much else.
    Except she has survivability, low cooldown on her burst and guaranteed stun? i'm not even sure which Kintoki you are talking about but thinking about it that applies for both

She's not bad, but she's not enough of a game changer to make using Quick Servants as ridiculous as Tamamo and Merlin are for Arts and Buster Servants, respectively. Maybe if her second and third skills applied their effects to more than one target. Also, would have been nice if her NP provided a 1-turn additional Defense Up bonus.
    I believe she is not meant to be a support but rather a hybrid dd/support. I think she would be rather useful in proper setup and seeing how she's a new servant i exercise my right to keep her where i think she's supposed to be until i fail to put my ideas to practice.

I can't agree with you on Jeanne when it comes to survival post-NP Interlude. No self-stun + debuff cleanse is extremely useful for harder content.
    Yes but she wont be able to keep your team alive by herself. You would run either Tamamo or Merlin or Waver for additional survivability and np charge and they can make do without Jeanne she cant make do without them. You cant just put Jeanne in and expect the team to survive without losses is exactly why she is not EX. I thought about it for a while.

Her skills aren't anything amazing, and her NP is similar to Carmilla's in terms of being subpar.
    Unlike Carmilla, Melt delivers on damage output.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, we're not saying that Arthur's the best male SSR AoE Saber just because there's no other male SSR Sabers, are we?
    Like, okay, there's no alternative answer to multi-class cavalry quests. I still consider her damage output merely mediocre dwindled even further because of the lack of buffs/debuffs with more or less steady uptime.
    I am not arguing she's awesome AOE dealer, she average. But if you decided to build AOE arts team and went to look for damage dealer, Kiara would be your first consideration for not only damage, but the versatility of covering Casters, Assassins, Berserkers and especially Riders who would probably love to tear your one caster (or maybe 2 casters) on the team a new one. I wouldnt argue cooldowns because these are an issue to be addressed when you build a team, sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jennajayfeather View Post
    I mean I use Holmes a ton but I don't think he's anywhere near as useful as Waver or Merlin. He's definitely good and by far one of my favorite Servants to use but the gap between him and Waver/Merlin is quite far I believe.
    Holmes is both unique and extremely powerful at what he does, he's more like Tamamo in comparision to Waver and Merlin - not for general use, but for specific use. Doesnt take away from his unique, unmatched by anything else in the game NP.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Except she has survivability, low cooldown on her burst and guaranteed stun? i'm not even sure which Kintoki you are talking about but thinking about it that applies for both
    Be fair, Rider Kintoki has great stargen and NP gen to go with his massive NP spikes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Be fair, Rider Kintoki has great stargen and NP gen to go with his massive NP spikes.
    Is his stargen that good? I dont really feel like it from my experience. NP spikes, sure.

All this talks makes me wanna give Osakabe-hime teams a try but that needs to be done in a challenge quest so i have to wait till Christmas event.

Blog Entries
    I am not arguing she's awesome AOE dealer, she average. But if you decided to build AOE arts team and went to look for damage dealer, Kiara would be your first consideration for not only damage, but the versatility of covering Casters, Assassins, Berserkers and especially Riders who would probably love to tear your one caster (or maybe 2 casters) on the team a new one. I wouldnt argue cooldowns because these are an issue to be addressed when you build a team, sure.
    ...Okay, but that's a highly hypothetical situation in which a player doesn't have any other AoE Servants with higher damage ceiling. And that'd still probably call for the use of a Buster memer rather than Kiara.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Is his stargen that good? I dont really feel like it from my experience. NP spikes, sure.

All this talks makes me wanna give Osakabe-hime teams a try but that needs to be done in a challenge quest so i have to wait till Christmas event.
    On its own it's okay, but with his first skill and his NP buffs and cycling between the two once he gets going it becomes superb.

On his own he's serviceable, and with a dedicated team I can't see you dipping below 30 stars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    500595933 | 紅 (pm)
    What makes Musashi EX instead of A?

I know she can deal nice damage and her skill can make her gain 100% NP with a bit of rng on our side, but I'm not entirely convinced, am I missing something?
    Chaldea Heroes

Personal skill
    Quote Originally Posted by GundamFSN View Post
    Nikiri has what I dub Blessings of the Boobs, see. As long as what his rolling for has two conspicuous mountains, they'll come to him one way or another.
    Quote Originally Posted by GundamFSN View Post
    Well, fine. Nikiri has this thing called 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikiri View Post
    GundamFSN. Thank you.

Just before rolling I said 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」

First ticket. Da Vinci-chan NP2.

JP Friend Code
    PM, IGN Miyuki
    US Friend Code
    can avoid damage with invincibility, can cleanse self debuffs, punches through enemy defense skills with invincibility pierce, buster up for more damage, pgood OC for damage even at NP1 (I had a NP1 Musashi on alt)

and of course buster damage all day every day but can still get NP gauge back up quick with use of second skill
    Spoiler:

Yeah if anything Shimosa actually make me realize Musashi isn't particularly that good in long/hard grindy fight, and she's extremely reliant on her 1st skill for NP. And I even have a NP 3 Musashi

Blog Entries

I know she can deal nice damage and her skill can make her gain 100% NP with a bit of rng on our side, but I'm not entirely convinced, am I missing something?
    Gorilla Buster.
    Three separate multipliers for big numbers.
    Clears buffs and pierces invincibility.
    0 to 100 in one chain.

And that's without considering Merlin yet.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    On its own it's okay, but with his first skill and his NP buffs and cycling between the two once he gets going it becomes superb.

On his own he's serviceable, and with a dedicated team I can't see you dipping below 30 stars.
    i dont have much experience so okay

...Okay, but that's a highly hypothetical situation in which a player doesn't have any other AoE Servants with higher damage ceiling. And that'd still probably call for the use of a Buster memer rather than Kiara.
    no, thats highly hypotetical situation where player specifically looks for Arts AOE NP. Much more likely to happen than lacking AOE at all. And i'm not comparing it to buster teams either, there are reasons to build Buster and there are reasons to build arts.

her kit is perfect and she deals insane damage.

JP Friend Code
    PM, IGN Miyuki
    US Friend Code
    In my experience Okki works well with self sustain quick units more than straight up DPS ones.
    Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    Musashi's kit is super overloaded lmao

Invul Pierce, Buff Removal, Debuff Cleanse, Invulnerability, Innate NP power up, Double stargen/np gen, Gorilla Deck, and Buster up makes her the most blatantly broken saber in the game

Blog Entries
    no, thats highly hypotetical situation where player specifically looks for Arts AOE NP. Much more likely to happen than lacking AOE at all. And i'm not comparing it to buster teams either, there are reasons to build Buster and there are reasons to build arts.
    Well, you lost me here. I never saw AoE Arts teams viable aside from some crack teams.

JP Friend Code
    Well, you lost me here. I never saw AoE Arts teams viable aside from some crack teams.
    i used Medjed to farm petals during nero fest and it was p fun

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Magikewl View Post
    i used Medjed to farm petals during nero fest and it was p fun
    Aside from farming, I mean.