Thread: Fate/Grand Order General Discussion (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

Blog Entries
    Well, I rolled 30 for NP1 Melt.

And then 270 for no additional Melt dupes.

- - - Updated - - -

But well, do what you want~

After using Arturia Ruler a bit for farming... I'm getting Ishtar flashbacks with missing this attack buff.

JP Friend Code
    PM Me
    Blog Entries
    BTW, what's the skill priority on Melt? Since I only have enough eggs for two skills, and might be a while until I decide to farm for them.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KAIZA View Post
    BTW, what's the skill priority on Melt? Since I only have enough eggs for two skills, and might be a while until I decide to farm for them.
    1 and 3

- - - Updated - - -

2nd only has Buff Removal Block scale to it.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

I'd imagine 1 > 3 > 2.

Blog Entries
    3>1>2

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    She helps the party much more than Quetz and will do more damage than Holmes on a non-crit focused comp. She's filler material, and damn good at that.
    Holmes is not supposed to be used as a main Crit Damage Dealer. His use first and foremost is for CQ and what he offers is completely unique.Also her Attack is borderline insulting for an offensive Servant. As bad as QSH's base attack is, his steroids are tied to his NP and it is completely spammable and stackable.

Quote Originally Posted by VendingMachine View Post
    She can swap cards, the only servant in the game who does that. While i agree it is worse than BB's lock, she also has a much better class in 99% of situations. IMO, the amount of flak a new servant gets for not being the next best thing is way too high these days.
    Tell me when was the last time you bring the Mage Association Mystic Code for card swapping instead of just for the 20% NP gauge charge. It is wayyyy worse than BB lock. BB lock work for every possible team composition you can think of once you get a nice hand, even though you'll hate yourself if you don't roll a nice hand, but it has the potential to steam roll a lot of quests.

Also the flaks for Musashi was underserved, but Ruler Altria is definitely closer to Maou Nobu than to, say, Murasaki or Musashi who are rather above average SSR released this year
    Last edited by Altaris; August 21st, 2019 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    Holmes is not supposed to be used as a main Crit Damage Dealer. His use first and foremost is for CQ and what he offers is completely unique

Tell me when was the last time you bring the Mage Association Mystic Code for card swapping instead of just for the 20% NP gauge charge.

It is wayyyy worse than BB lock. BB lock is one of the most broken feature in the game and work for every possible team composition you can think of once you get a nice hand.

Also the flaks for Musashi was underserved, but Ruler Altria is definitely closer to Maou Nobu than to, say, Murasaki or Musashi who are rather above average SSR released this year
    I think Musashi receiving flak for that OC effect on her NP is pretty warranted. It is pretty much useless, but the flak she's gotten for the demerit on skill 3 is way overblown imo.

Blog Entries
    I haven't seen Musashi getting bashed for OC effect.

Neither do I feel that OC effect deserves any flak since it's reasonably strong once conditions are met.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendant View Post
    I think Musashi receiving flak for that OC effect on her NP is pretty warranted. It is pretty much useless, but the flak she's gotten for the demerit on skill 3 is way overblown imo.
    People giving Musashi's flak for her 3rd skill demerit should think about which teammates she is often used with. Asclepius, Nero Bride, Tamamo no Mae. I fail to see how a 5k HP demerit even matters there.

Definitely a lot better than Maou Nobu's demerit and even worse, Okita completely unplayable demerits

Quote Originally Posted by R.Lock View Post
    I haven't seen Musashi getting bashed for OC effect.

Neither do I feel that OC effect deserves any flak since it's reasonably strong once conditions are met.
    I've not seen it be useful to me yet. Though I'm willing to reverse my stance if it starts providing consistent value for me.

Also, I did not realize that Melt NP charge skill charged so much NP. With that much on demand fill, she hardly has to worry about "looping".

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    3 > 1 > 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Holy shit, I love Okita J Souji so much. Finally, fun gameplay again.

Haven't gotten fucked by her NP stun yet either.
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Musashi literally carries me on this summer event so I dunno what is their problem... 5k HP demerit? She actually doesnt care if she can finish (farm) in 3 turns without giving enemies chance to attack her

Also Tamamo exist, her heal is 2.5k so I'd say Musashi's demerit is only 2.5k

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I might need to grind EXP for Grails once I hit 10/10/10.
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    PM Me
    Blog Entries
    Speaking of, what is Okita's Skadi-compatibility level, particularly at NP1?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Okita + double Skadi + Paracelsus can refund against Riders, though higher NP level is always better. In Okita's case, probably not much a difference between NP2 and NP5 because only 3 hit NP, so she's very unlikely to get more than 2 Overkill ticks/enemy past Wave 1. Speaking of which, pretty much requires 3 enemies.
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

JP Friend Code
    PM Me
    Blog Entries
    So it basically requires Paracelsus (and thus plugsuit), and probably more likely to work at NP2 at the least? Well, I might hold off then. ^^;

All these talk about an Extra class performing or not performing is just dumb. Extras will never outperform just regular good ol' plain jane knights and cav classes. They'll always be an "alright" addition with nothing really outstanding to bring to the table. Want damage? Well, any regular class-counter would probably provide the same amount of damage or more and still get better protection. Want resilience? Well, any regular class-counter will probably just do that and still do a ton of damage in the meantime. Extra classes will always only be oriented towards beating other extra classes so there's little reason to run them in any comp that's not oriented towards 3-turn farming. And Extra class enemies aren't all that common to begin with so it's a lose-lose situation for anyone thinking of running an Extra Servant.

I mean, we can argue how viable AEs and Foreigners are against cav classes but I'd still pick a direct class-counter over them unless it's a triple mix bag in favor for AEs and a hardy, unstoppable Berserker CQ for Foreigners.

- - - Updated - - -

In short, roll Extras for waifu/husbando/doggo merits and roll regular classes for performance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    BB cardlock fucking sucks though
    You have to restart for BBBs/NPBBs/NPAAs/NPQQ otherwise its usefulness approaches zero

she's a meme hero, i cant believe how much i overrated her on release
    a bit ashamed even
    Yeah, I saw that the moment she was released. It's a great tool on great situations but you need to get said situations first. Well, at least you can now pair Summer BB and Summer Rhongo Arthuria together for maximum potential chances.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Unfortunately there's nothing to prove whether the guaranteed things kicked in or not. It's still entirely possible to roll 9 R CEs and a SR or SSR Servant.
    You can if the only gold is that Servant. Since there must be "one guaranteed SR or higher". And I don't think they work that way? It's "one guaranteed Servant" and "one guaranteed SR or higher". Separate triggers. So you can get 9 R CEs, 1 R Servant and 1 SR or SSR Servant.
    Last edited by manafusion; August 22nd, 2019 at 01:44 AM.

​Witness The Power Of The... Suicide Squad?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    Tell me when was the last time you bring the Mage Association Mystic Code for card swapping instead of just for the 20% NP gauge charge.
    Actually most common card swap use these days is probably helping out Dantes when he cant kill wave 2 / wave 3 boss alive and needs to rely on additional damage / np refund from his attack cards
    which should be relatively widespread for people with just baseline kaleido dantes and 2 skadi
    depends on event ofc but still it helps a lot considering you are locked into mage association uniform in this situation already