Thread: Fate/Grand Order General Discussion (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by R.Lock View Post
    Star drain is, like, an insignificant demerit.

Unless you don't have Merlin.
    I don't know. I have Merlin and I'm still not comfortable draining crit stars lol.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jennajayfeather View Post
    I don't know. I have Merlin and I'm still not comfortable draining crit stars lol.
    I cleared Kiara with star drain.

I still feel that 10 star drain ain't that big of a demerit.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    At least Illya isn't at the bottom.

RIP MHX, I'll still use her though.
    Swift☆chan's Supports
    Shiki Complete(ish)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Saber: Swap Altera with Okita
    cant see any rational justification for this

Archer: Move Saber Archer to A
    Dont feel like she's as good as the other 3 due to reasons i described earlier
    She is certainly less versatile and more team-demanding

Lancer: Move Scathach to B, Saber Lancer to C
    Dont feel like this is justified. Scathach still does shitfuckton of damage and stuns on np
    Saber Lancer is decent for farming and her invul pierce is neat. She's basically superior Saber version

Rider: Move Alter Rider to C
    shes good for single target

Assassin: Osakabehime to C
    i definitely think she's better than that

Berserker: Kintoki and Cu Alter to A, Nightingale to C
    kintoki is not that good as baseline np1, Cu Alter is proven time and time again to be the best at what he does and there is no reason for nightingale to be C

Extra: Jeanne to EX, swap Meltlilith and Kiara
    Jeanne is neither irreplacable nor can do primary support functions (even if just for survivability), not EX material
    Melt is really good single-target + Alter Ego perk of getting one rank up due to countering 3 classes at once
    Kiara might be A material but i'm not convinced so far. B is her solid bottom line.

JP Friend Code
    I cleared Kiara with star drain.

I still feel that 10 star drain ain't that big of a demerit.
    Oh wait
    I mean it's still a problem but I forgot about the biggest problem. It's not the star drain per se, it's the fact his skills are a bitch to raise and I'm still struggling to get those last Shinjuku juice for his NP charge so he's short from 50% lol.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jennajayfeather View Post
    Oh wait
    I mean it's still a problem but I forgot about the biggest problem. It's not the star drain per se, it's the fact his skills are a bitch to raise and I'm still struggling to get those last Shinjuku juice for his NP charge so he's short from 50% lol.
    Oh, I see.

I feel that Summer event provided good enough nodes for farming spine fluids, but eh.

Guaranteed stun on Scatach NP and high damage justifies A rank for me.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Altera is, like, pretty much comparable to ST NP Servants.
    In terms of NP damage, no. Saber is still stronger. The crit star absorb she has on Natural Body is nice, but I really wish it had been tied to Military Tactics or Star Crest instead because I don't like having her only defensive skill being tied to an offensive ability.

And Kiara isn't good enough to be higher than Melt.
    I don't have a Kiara of my own, but watching videos and keeping in mind what NP level the Kiara is, I can't see why people rate her so low. Very good NP, passive Defense Up to nearly every Servant. Only real complaint is the cooldown on her skills, but using her with Tamamo helps with that.

With Melt, I don't like her skills as much. Melt Virus is just bad, and doesn't have nearly the level of payoff as Ishtar. Really should also be a NP Power Up next turn that scales with level, but it's not. Crime Ballet and Sadism aren't bad, but it would be nice if the evade charges only expired on hit rather than after 3 turns. As for her NP, it's nice that it's a buff removal, but the overcharge effect is like a crappier version of Carmilla's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

JP Friend Code
    Oh, I see.

I feel that Summer event provided good enough nodes for farming spine fluids, but eh.
    I used some on other characters that need like, 60 per skill which is already bad but 72 is just awful.

That number's cursed and it was probably intentional.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think the main issue with Kiara is that she'd probably do more damage with her NP if she just coughed in the general direction of the enemy team or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    In terms of NP damage, no. Saber is still stronger. The crit star absorb she has on Natural Body is nice, but I really wish it had been tied to Military Tactics or Star Crest instead because I don't like having her only defensive skill being tied to an offensive ability.
    In terms of overall damage potential, Altera is the second best Buster-oriented Saber, hands down. And even in terms of NP damage, the damage difference between her and Saber isn't that big.

I don't have a Kiara of my own, but watching videos and keeping in mind what NP level the Kiara is, I can't see why people rate her so low. Very good NP, passive Defense Up to nearly every Servant. Only real complaint is the cooldown on her skills, but using her with Tamamo helps with that.
    Slow CD's, mediocre NP damage, and 16% passive def don't really make an A-tier material. Also, her only big buff is not very usable in long fights.

With Melt, I don't like her skills as much. Melt Virus is just bad, and doesn't have nearly the level of payoff as Ishtar. Really should also be a NP Power Up next turn that scales with level, but it's not. Crime Ballet and Sadism aren't bad, but it would be nice if the evade charges only expired on hit rather than after 3 turns. As for her NP, it's nice that it's a buff removal, but the overcharge effect is like a crappier version of Carmilla's.
    Melt Virus is great, and giving it as much payoff as Ishtar's buff would just make Ishtar's stocks drop. It's pretty much the only two-step skill that has payoffs at both steps, to boot.
    It is verrry rare that Evade charges don't expire in 3 turns or until the buff is off CD. In all my experience with Marie that happened like... 10 times? And she has been in my frontline until she got her bond 10. So yeah, nah.
    As for NP, yeah, she's undertuned and her Quick bonus is small, but just by virtue of being a Quick Servant, she deals enough damage for it not to matter much.

Blog Entries
    Slow CD's, mediocre NP damage, and 16% passive def don't really make an A-tier material. Also, her only big buff is not very usable in long fights.
    Objection, she's actually strongest Arts AOE NP in the game (against cavalry ofc but you never bring class disadvantage in the game so there is no reason for me pointing it out really)

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Did nobody see that solo Kiara Medb challenge quest kill? She looks pretty freaking strong to me.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Seeing Aozaki's Tier List kinda make me want to do one of my own

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    Objection, she's actually strongest Arts AOE NP in the game (against cavalry ofc but you never bring class disadvantage in the game so there is no reason for me pointing it out really)
    Objection, that's only because there aren't any Berserkers with Arts AoE NP that deals damage.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    cant see any rational justification for this
    My bias for single target NP over AoE NP.

Dont feel like she's as good as the other 3 due to reasons i described earlier
    She is certainly less versatile and more team-demanding
    I don't see how she's any more team demanding than those three. Her only hiccup is the time that's needed to get her NP spam going, but it's not as though that takes very long thanks to her good NP generation.

Dont feel like this is justified. Scathach still does shitfuckton of damage and stuns on np
    Saber Lancer is decent for farming and her invul pierce is neat. She's basically superior Saber version
    I move Scathach down because she epitomizes what everyone bitches about Kintoki; good burst damage, but not much else.

As for Saber Lancer, farming is all she's really good for.

shes good for single target
    The few times I've used her, she felt like Scathach when it came to NP charging. I guess you can use her for crits, but then you may as well use any other Rider for that purpose.

i definitely think she's better than that
    She's not bad, but she's not enough of a game changer to make using Quick Servants as ridiculous as Tamamo and Merlin are for Arts and Buster Servants, respectively. Maybe if her second and third skills applied their effects to more than one target. Also, would have been nice if her NP provided a 1-turn additional Defense Up bonus.

kintoki is not that good as baseline np1, Cu Alter is proven time and time again to be the best at what he does and there is no reason for nightingale to be C
    I value Animal Dialogue and Kintoki's much larger freedom to use any CE than Cu Alter's 2-hit Protection from Arrows every 5 turns, especially when harder content nowadays isn't afraid to throw in enemies with Sure Hit/Invincible Pierce or buff removal/denial.

As for Nightingale being C, if she were any other class, I'd be fine with keeping her at B.

Jeanne is neither irreplacable nor can do primary support functions (even if just for survivability), not EX material
    Melt is really good single-target + Alter Ego perk of getting one rank up due to countering 3 classes at once
    Kiara might be A material but i'm not convinced so far. B is her solid bottom line.
    I can't agree with you on Jeanne when it comes to survival post-NP Interlude. No self-stun + debuff cleanse is extremely useful for harder content.

Melt fills a useful niche that's not easily covered, but I wouldn't rate her past B solely for that niche. Her skills aren't anything amazing, and her NP is similar to Carmilla's in terms of being subpar. The buff removal is nice, but the fact that it does it after dealing damage doesn't help her. If it were like Amakusa's NP, then I'd be fine with keeping her in A.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Blog Entries
    Objection, that's only because there aren't any Berserkers with Arts AoE NP that deals damage.
    Hardly Kiara's fault
    Also she would still be better against cavalry because no weakness

i delivered
    i got tired halfway through of writing descriptions and some of them are p uninspired but whatever i'll do it when i feel like it
    Honestly, relatively surprised Altera and Karna ranked so high.

Altera especially.

I mean, I've grailed her and all, and I use her a lot, but I didn't think she was that good. I usually swap to musashi when I really wanna kill something.
    Come visit Mobius Space where
    quite rarely
    translators gather
    and post Type-Moon stuff

Karna post-interlude is amazing, definitely a candidate for best 5 stars Lancer atm

Looking at the tier list just makes me wish that Holmes could be the star of the 2017 Christmas gacha.