Thread: Fate/Grand Order General Discussion (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

Blog Entries
    Do not mess with Melt Virus nilly-willy, tyvm. It's not like she has a non-skill filler like Astolfo.

... You know what would be a great joke? If the AE SQ was for Mecha Eli-chan/Mk. 2 instead.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, think about it. She's the worst one of the bunch. And pretty low-tier as well. Only driving point is her NP level but the rest is just meh.

​Witness The Power Of The... Suicide Squad?

Quote Originally Posted by manafusion View Post
    ... You know what would be a great joke? If the AE SQ was for Mecha Eli-chan/Mk. 2 instead.
    A welfare getting a strengthening is as probable as Arturia OG getting one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kromy View Post
    A welfare getting a strengthening is as probable as Arturia OG getting one.
    Kuro got one. Anything to say about Saber getting one again?

EDIT: I keep forgetting, it's a interlude. Damn, I need to remember more.

Kuro got one. Anything to say about Saber getting one again?
    Best strengthening ever indeed.

Blog Entries

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, think about it. She's the worst one of the bunch. And pretty low-tier as well. Only driving point is her NP level but the rest is just meh.
    Melt has no direct competitor, so calling her the worst/best one is meaningless. And, considering that dw seems to make Quick ST NP Servants more solo-oriented, she's just fine as is. As such, I am against blindly slapping NP charge on Melt Virus.

That said, I'd gladly accept an NP upgrade with better Quick OC.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Don't get me wrong, I think Melt is getting the SQ, not Kiara or Lip. Melt has a skill that really could use a boost, and there is no real good Quick support option for her NP, unlike with Lip with Merlin and Kiara with Tamamo.

If it's Melt, I imagine they'll make Melt Virus's NP Damage Up scale 30%-50% like her NP Damage Down debuff portion of the skill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

It's gonna Bryn, Kiara, Iskander, Drake and Da Vinci, Shuten

My guess is Primal Rune, Thesis of Still Heart, Military Tactics, Golden Rule, Nature Born Genius (like Tesla gotten), and Alcoholic Fruit will be strengthened respectively

And both Kiara/Melt need strengthening. Alter Ego is atm not a strong class imo. They have to invent a class with elder gods possessing young women to make Alter Ego more useful, and yet it's still not really that desirable tbh.
    Last edited by Altaris; February 24th, 2018 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by R.Lock View Post
    Melt has no direct competitor, so calling her the worst/best one is meaningless. And, considering that dw seems to make Quick ST NP Servants more solo-oriented, she's just fine as is. As such, I am against blindly slapping NP charge on Melt Virus.

That said, I'd gladly accept an NP upgrade with better Quick OC.
    I'd actually wouldn't mind the NP charge on Melt Virus though. It's not bad if you think of it as a minor support when you're using it's primary function (NP damage reduction) and then gaining some/enough NP to use her NP with the NP Damage Up buff the next turn over. The only time you really don't want it is when you're already at full charge but that shouldn't be the case anyway for most battles since you should have gotten her to 100% and used it before a boss can use theirs.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post

And then there's Shuten, Saber Archer, Tamamo (Lancer), Ishtar, Merlin, MHXA, Moriarty, and Saber Rider Alter for the SSRs that have a Charisma + 1 other effect skill. I don't see why Charisma is not going to be improved since they've already improved it before releasing on later Servants.

As I already mentioned, he and Quetz are the two oldest SSR Riders without some sort of buff. I can see Iskander maybe sneaking in another SQ for one of his skills because of how bland they are, but he already got a NP interlude and boost to his NP charge rate.
    Setting aside the fact that the gold Riders are probably going to be SRs, "oldest X without a buff" is a nonsense reason to upgrade anyone. Medb with two upgrades is still clearly worse than Ozy or Quetz, giving the latter non-meme buffs would just make the intra-class balance significantly worse. It'd be like suggesting Herc needs a buff more than Beowulf because the latter got an NP interlude even though Beo is clearly much worse even before accounting for bond CEs.

Charisma is honestly still one of the better day one skills, compare it to garbage like Clairvoyance and Military Tactics and Instinct. I see no reason to think it'll get mass updates when DW just released a servant with vanilla Charisma last November, and I certainly don't see any reason to expect them to start high/top tiers like Ozy when the likes of Gawain and Saber Alter or Ushi are around who could use a buff way, way, way more.

Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    It's gonna Bryn, Kiara, Iskander, Drake and Da Vinci

And both Kiara/Melt need strengthening. Alter Ego is atm not a strong class imo. They have to invent a class with elder gods possessing young women to make Alter Ego more useful, and yet it's still not really that desirable tbh.
    Indeed having a 1.5x damage multiplier against cavalry class is pretty bad, at the end, Alter Ego are only for those who don't have good cavalry servants.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    ... Ishtar ... MHXA ... and Saber Rider Alter for the SSRs that have a Charisma + 1 other effect skill. I don't see why Charisma is not going to be improved since they've already improved it before releasing on later Servants.
    Err... Dunno about you but X Alter's Charisma is technically with a negative effect (which can be considered worse Charisma unless you're looking to buff up someone else's star gain indirectly but are you really going to run X Alter in a team of hoodlums versus another support/friend support?) and Rider Alter's not really Charisma when the Attack Up is self and the Quick Up is team.

- - - Updated - - -

Mainly just the Rider Alter part that I'm 100% arguing is not supposed to be there.

Blog Entries
    highest raw damage event servant available for free so far is low-tier now?

JP Friend Code
    PM me/Rhoia
    I just want a skill or np upgrade for Da Vinci
    Snek Evolution

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

- - - Updated - - -

You kidding me? Mecha Eli-chan, I would argue, is the best Alter Ego. The only skill she has that I'd wish would get improved is her second, but that's only to make it provide more NP gauge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Two NP-charging skills and discount IP is way better than whatever the fuck they threw at Zade. Feels like it's 6 half-skills with no synergy stitched together.

Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    highest raw damage event servant available for free so far is low-tier now?
    Highest raw damage doesn't matter if you're doing 1.5x versus 2.0x for cavalry class advantage Servants. Conversely, you're also doing 0.5x to Knights where other cavalry would be doing 1.0x. So, who's the target where you actually see her damage reach where it should be? Foreigners. But let me laugh at that point first because until we get multiple generic enemies who are Foreigner classes by default, it's better to chalk that up to a very rare once in a while scenario.

Anyway, she's low-tier to me because she basically fills a spot for janky playstyle. QABBB that focuses on NP and Crits but she basically reduces the star gain per turn due to her card setup, her 10 stars per turn is small compared to what she actually needs, she has no star attraction buff on any of her skills, her NP charge skill is pretty crap with a demerit to boot (minor but there), her Def Up can be counteracted by her own steroid skill and she has no way of doing more damage outside those two focuses (where one's a gamble and the other's a really slow and tedious grind to 100%). Then you add the fact above about how AE is worse than regular Servants. So, yes she's low-tier. She's as low-tier as every other variant of her other than her original. And her original manages to avoid the pitfall just because she's a support-type that actually works well and does a good job on her own.

In my Liz ranking, it'll be OG Liz > Caster Liz > AE Liz > Brave Liz. Yeah, Brave essentially has a non-existent skill so she counts as the worst. Caster Liz may be a crappy support but 12 stars and a non-priority for crit is good enough to make her a semi-decent star generator for my other members.

I mean, if AE Liz got a star attraction buff on even her 1st skill, she'll pull far ahead and out of the dumpster. Until then, she's low-tier to me.

Blog Entries
    Buster Servants judged by how well they can make stars for themselves? The heck is this madness?

Blog Entries
    Highest raw damage doesn't matter if you're doing 1.5x versus 2.0x for cavalry class advantage Servants.
    It does if you are 4-star Lu Bu

tl;dr
    everything you wrote is wrong and you should feel bad

Quote Originally Posted by R.Lock View Post
    Buster Servants judged by how well they can make stars for themselves? The heck is this madness?
    It's not really about just how well they make stars for themselves but their kit as well. Most other Buster Servants have damage steroids that aren't specifically restricted to their weakness as well. This makes AE Liz even more janky than what would've been alright. If the steroids were generic Attack Up or Buster Up, it would've been fine. NP Damage Up and Crit Damage Up instead? You're essentially going to play a very restrictive gameplay of double Merlins to make it work. And get enough NP charge per turn to keep it going for both the Merlins and AE Liz as well. I'm not completely dissing her here, it's just awkward when you got a build and setup that's so skewed and no way to maximise performance on either of them... outside of maybe double Merlin or double Waver or even a mix of both. Those are very specific Servants to run with and both are 5* Servants.