Thread: Fate/Grand Order General Discussion (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

Well, it took me using a few apples yesterday to get back on track but now I'm sure I could clear the shop if I wanted on natural regen alone - I'll definitely get my target items quite easily. Event feels much more enjoyable once you shed the feeling that you're sinking in quicksand; probably helps that I have pretty much all the bonus Servants. A friend of mine said they didn't have any pill or peach Servants so it was really slow going for them.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    6 days for 7,200 Lotus and no apples remaining... Will +31 be enough?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Thing I'm mostly worried about is that I'm going to accidentally bring the wrong party to a quest. This event made me make like 4 different teams, 3 of which I still actively use and I just know I'm going to go into battle with the wrong setup at a certain point. Knock on wood, that hasn't happened yet but it certainly worries me.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Worst case scenario I can always abandon the 500 MP, but God I wish there was another Lotus Assassin besides Stheno.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh right, there's Nightingale. Though it figures that when I wanted Lu Bu I only saw Nightingales and now it's the reverse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pendant View Post
    Thing I'm mostly worried about is that I'm going to accidentally bring the wrong party to a quest. This event made me make like 4 different teams, 3 of which I still actively use and I just know I'm going to go into battle with the wrong setup at a certain point. Knock on wood, that hasn't happened yet but it certainly worries me.
    I did that twice last night, and just quit entirely for the Talisman farming quest when I brought a Caster frontline. Blessedly I'm done with Talismans and the main currencies, so now I'm back to one party.
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KAIZA View Post
    Sorry if this has been asked, but what are your setups to 3-turning these? Mainly orb and lotus at the moment.
    My Level 90 40 AP Orb 3 turn setup:

• NP2 Mordred (100 Golden Sumo)
    • NP2 or 3 Nitocris (100 Kaleidoscope)
    • support Merlin (max LB Nightingale CE)
    • two SR and one R Servant using max LB Nightingale, max LB Lunchtime, and HS Portrait

You could replace one of the bond CEs and reserve Servants with Arash to clear the first wave. Mordred is kind of necessary because of her Super Effective modifier making it possible to one-shot Saber Lancer Alter.

My 140 Orb Flower farming setup:
    • NP2 Mordred (max LB Hollow Magic)
    • Nightingale (x/x/10) (max LB Ox King)
    • NP3 100 Kintoki (10/10/10) (max LB Leylines)
    • Medusa (max LB Ox King CE)
    • Euryale (Ox King CE)
    • one of the SRs that boost Flower drops (Ox King CE)

More like a 4-5 turn setup.
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

JP Friend Code
    500595933 | 紅 (pm)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    6 days for 7,200 Lotus and no apples remaining... Will +31 be enough?
    Doing some spreadsheet maths

~7760 minutes left, which means 1552AP; that makes ~38.8 * 52 = 2017 orbs -> 14 runs of 140 orbs quest

14 * the amount of lotus you get per run (probably not enough)
    Chaldea Heroes

Personal skill
    Quote Originally Posted by GundamFSN View Post
    Nikiri has what I dub Blessings of the Boobs, see. As long as what his rolling for has two conspicuous mountains, they'll come to him one way or another.
    Well, fine. Nikiri has this thing called 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikiri View Post
    GundamFSN. Thank you.

Just before rolling I said 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」

First ticket. Da Vinci-chan NP2.

I'm surprised there isn't at least a gacha for 1000 days. Like throw out Ereshkigal again or something. I'm glad they didn't though.

Well, finally done part 1. Part 2 should probably be quicker, right? Two years ago I seem to recall that I usually farmed dragonballs from the quest before the Lancer Alter one. Can't remember why, though. Maybe she was too tough for me? It was only my second event and I didn't have any gold Sabers.

Doing some spreadsheet maths

~7760 minutes left, which means 1552AP; that makes ~38.8 * 52 = 2017 orbs -> 14 runs of 140 orbs quest

14 * the amount of lotus you get per run (probably not enough)
    That's be 525~ needed per run. The 120 orb quest did about 320 for me at +25? Seems like it'd be close at least.
    Last edited by Arha; April 23rd, 2018 at 03:02 PM.

JP Friend Code
    500595933 | 紅 (pm)
    I forgot about the bonus orbs quests, so maybe it is enough time.
    Chaldea Heroes

Personal skill
    Nikiri has what I dub Blessings of the Boobs, see. As long as what his rolling for has two conspicuous mountains, they'll come to him one way or another.
    Well, fine. Nikiri has this thing called 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」
    GundamFSN. Thank you.

Just before rolling I said 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」

First ticket. Da Vinci-chan NP2.

Why are people so invested in getting 3 turn clears on these quests? Unless you're refilling AP it's not like you can spam these nodes. The only quest that the game lets you spam is Tianzhu, if I've done Nightingale a few times. All the others I can only run like 3-4 times before I have to wait again.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The orbs quest specifically doesn't need CEs beyond two max LB Nightingale. For the others, you're only taking a minor 1-2 per drop loss to make the fight go by faster.
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    The orbs quest specifically doesn't need CEs beyond two max LB Nightingale. For the others, you're only taking a minor 1-2 per drop loss to make the fight go by faster.
    1-2 less talisman per drop means more AP per 100 talisman quest. And I'm pretty sure 2LB Ox King CE grants 11 less lotus per drop, which stacks massively.

​Witness The Power Of The... Suicide Squad?

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    So you need to do 3 40 AP quests to get enough dragonballs for the most efficient Lotus quest, making it effectively a 120 AP quest for... 300~400 Lotus, depending on how long you want it to last
    Fuck
    Last edited by Zork Knight; April 23rd, 2018 at 06:21 PM.

HOUGU! ZABAAAAANIIIIIIYA!!! TagumonYatsuray's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I had a strange dream we had a "Fate/Stay Night" Anniversary Gatcha, where the original Servants had Higher-than-normal Rate-ups.

The Day in my dream featured Gilgamesh Rate-up to 4% and he and Artoria had a Buff. Gil's NP had a large damage increase to servants with Reality Marble Noble Phantasms. It was a strange dream

The average part was me getting my Gil in my dream to NP 2; while trying to get Artoria.

For the record... Artoria's buff/SQ were;

Charisma B ---> Briton's King of Knights A - "Increase Allies ATK - 3 turns; Increase [KotRT] ATK - 3 turns; Increase [KotRT] DEF - 3 turns;"
    Mana Burst ---> Invisible Air - "Increase Buster Performance 2 turns; Increase Star Drop rate - 2 turns; Increase NP Charge Rate - 2 turns;"
    Instinct A ---> Blessed Sheath A+ - "Gain Critical Stars; Cast Taunt on self - 1 turn; Gain "Avalon" Invulnerability (Special invicibility that bypasses Invul Pierce) - 1 turn; Restore HP for self - 3 turns; Grant Damage Cut - 3 times - 3 turns;

The last SQ was like Angra Mainyuu's though. You had to have Bond 10 Artoria to do it.
    Last edited by TagumonYatsuray; April 23rd, 2018 at 06:37 PM.
    Fate/Grand Order: Best game ever! When it's not on maintenance!

Connolly-kun's 'Servant Skill Level Priority Spread Sheet'!

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by manafusion View Post
    1-2 less talisman per drop means more AP per 100 talisman quest. And I'm pretty sure 2LB Ox King CE grants 11 less lotus per drop, which stacks massively.
    +8 is the main breakpoint for talismans. Going beyond 8 doesn't do all that much for you except maybe getting you a free run after 12 or so talisman battles.

You have a better point for Ox King, but the main draw to fast farming is that it's fast, not necessarily the best for drops. I don't really care for a good chunk of the shop (no point buying Nightingale CE for a second Max LB CE, horns still being worthless, and mana prisms not having much value when I already have 12k of them). I'll go with speed over efficiency so that I can do other things during the day.

Sucks that you can't repeat the Xuanzang quest. No real good reason for that either.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by TagumonYatsuray View Post
    I had a strange dream we had a "Fate/Stay Night" Anniversary Gatcha, where the original Servants had Higher-than-normal Rate-ups.

The Day in my dream featured Gilgamesh Rate-up to 4% and he and Artoria had a Buff. Gil's NP had a large damage increase to servants with Reality Marble Noble Phantasms. It was a strange dream

The average part was me getting my Gil in my dream to NP 2; while trying to get Artoria.

For the record... Artoria's buff/SQ were;

Charisma B ---> Briton's King of Knights A - "Increase Allies ATK - 3 turns; Increase [KotRT] ATK - 3 turns; Increase [KotRT] DEF - 3 turns;"
    Mana Burst ---> Invisible Air - "Increase Buster Performance 2 turns; Increase Star Drop rate - 2 turns; Increase NP Charge Rate - 2 turns;"
    Instinct A ---> Blessed Sheath A+ - "Gain Critical Stars; Cast Taunt on self - 1 turn; Gain "Avalon" Invulnerability (Special invicibility that bypasses Invul Pierce) - 1 turn; Restore HP for self - 3 turns; Grant Damage Cut - 3 times - 3 turns;

The last SQ was like Angra Mainyuu's though. You had to have Bond 10 Artoria to do it.
    You have very detailed dreams, I'm surprised you remember that mucn.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

HOUGU! ZABAAAAANIIIIIIYA!!! TagumonYatsuray's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    You have very detailed dreams, I'm surprised you remember that much.
    Sometimes it's a downside that it's so descriptive. When I wake up, remembering as much as I did; it makes me think it couldn't possibly be a dream.

Too bad those hopes are dashed as soon as I open the game.

On the brighter side, I once told my father about a nightmare where a ceiling pipe fell into his office desk at work; and it did later that day. He wasn't in the office at the time either way, but he came home and told me the funny coincidence, with a photo of the fallen pipe.
    Last edited by TagumonYatsuray; April 23rd, 2018 at 07:35 PM.
    Fate/Grand Order: Best game ever! When it's not on maintenance!

Connolly-kun's 'Servant Skill Level Priority Spread Sheet'!

I can't find motivation for these reruns anymore. Not even the golden fous help.

- - - Updated - - -

yet I'm still buying quartz every month

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    Okay, I've been searching for hours, where the hell is Ivan's head? Where are his eyes supposed to be, and where are those massive horns coming from? It's like there's this point on the art where his head is supposed to be, but it's just a mouth with a crown. What's going on there?
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I don't think it's a mouth, his face is just a hole.