Thread: Fate/Grand Order General Discussion (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

not available due to uni Wallacia's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    On-hold (TBA)
    US Friend Code
    may post it.
    so we official confirmation now that anything before camelot and babylonia was clusterfire. thanks for your work comun
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Arc’s real master is a boy in a school uniform

Oh great, Arthur gacha right after I got fucked dry by the Skadi gacha.

What's next, Perseus gacha for Atlantis???

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendant View Post
    I usually just keep Paracelsus around so he can pitch in the extra damage (which after being Tamamo NP buffed+having his own Art up+being double Waver buffed is not that low) and so he can easily activate Chen's OC.
    That'd require me to use my own Waver, who is already at Bond 10, and some of my so-called friends to put Teatime on Waver instead of Scat.

Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    and some of my so-called friends to put Teatime on Waver instead of Scat.
    yeesh. alright, I can take a hint.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallacia View Post
    so we official confirmation now that anything before camelot and babylonia was clusterfire. thanks for your work comun
    Anything before America, to be more precise.

not available due to uni Wallacia's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    On-hold (TBA)
    US Friend Code
    may post it.
    dunno, america was a mixed bag.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Arc’s real master is a boy in a school uniform

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    This interview reminds me once again that the manga has dropped off the earth and I will never see a potentially good Septem. Sad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wallacia View Post
    dunno, america was a mixed bag.

It gave me Nightingale, Rama and CuAlter so its pretty Gucci in my books

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Thanks for the translation/summary Comun

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    -Higashide's favorite was the Jeanne vs Fafnir fight and Gilles last moments. The implies Kawaguchi wrote the latter better by admiting that Orleans had a weak script due to early FGO circumstances. "Back then, the script size allowed for us was not even a tenth of the current script size. Not to mention us writers didn't exactly know what a script meant for an app game should look like. So I think that I if I were to make Orleans again now, it go a lot more like the manga version."

-Okeanus is Kawaguchi's favorite Timeless Temple chapter because it's the most shonen-like. Also he likes to draw Blackbeard fighting. Higashide is looking forward to see how the final Blackbeard battle and the running from Heracles will look like.
    Yeah, that does make sense.

Early FGO, while it showed some promise, doesn't really compare to everything post-America and onward. The quality is simply on another level.

The manga obviously had that as its main strong point given that it is able to work back and add in the stuff to expand on the weaker chapters and help make them stand out more. Shame that they can't work back on the early chapters, but I suppose that's what the manga is there for (and maybe the eventual home release of FGO years after the game ends).

-Higashide started writing and creating Servants for FGO about a year before launch. All the Servants he created before launch are already released but the last one on the list was released only very recently. Their profiles from 5 years weren't up to today's standards, so he rewrote them shortly before releasing the Servants.
    Er, so I guess ...

Calamity Jane? Or Jason?

I know Calamity was on the blacklist, but I don't think Jason was, but he was the one servant that we know for sure Higashide wrote between the two, even though he didn't have an in game profile.

-The interviewer casually mentions Septem and Higashide immediately goes back to the script size explanation, elaborating more on how the old main story script size is equivalent to the current event script size, how every episode needed to have a battle and how they couldn't change locations until the chapter was over. Also restating how Fuyuki to Septem was 3 writers with no mobage script experience testing the waters. Also they only started freely writing the script without caring about gameplay once EoR started.
    lol, oh man.

I don't doubt the inability to know how to write for a mobage had a lot to play into it, as well as the limitations that they had back then, but man oh man, was FGO's start really a disaster. It really is a wonder it managed to survive it.

-The interviewer talks about Apocrypha adaptions. Kawaguchi mention his own manga adaptation would've sucked if he hadn't read Apo's manga beforehand. Also Amakusa is his Apo favorite.
    Glad to know this, the Apo manga is the prime example of a manga adaptation that improves on the source.

-Kawaguchi is very excited to eventually draw E Pluribus Unum, Babylonia and finally Solomon, despite the much bigger story volume those parts have. Higashide is specifically excited to see how he'll handle Tiamat.
    I guess this pretty much confirms the manga will be continuing for years! 25 volumes at the very least lol

I know they already said it when they first announced this manga and mortalis:stella and what chapters they were planning on adapting, but then what ever happened mortalis:stella happened and I wondered if they were really planning on going forward with this one to the end.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mami-kouga View Post
    This interview reminds me once again that the manga has dropped off the earth and I will never see a potentially good Septem. Sad.
    mortalis:stella? Yeah, the other manga just ended up disappearing in a really nonchalant manner that it was seriously shocking to hear that it was a finished series when Kodansha USA brought the first volume out.

Shiramine still seems alive if their twitter is anything to go by, so I really wonder what went with that. Unless It really was they had no idea what to do to make a good Septem, and so they just ended it.

I most wanted to see the Camelot manga adaptation, but alas.
    JP Support 7/11/2018 (non-event)

Summer Dioscuri Dream Sandstorm77's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    a-The biggest priority for a TM writer supervizing a manga adaptation is to check if nothing is messing the Type-Moon Rules™, but if things are fun, Higashide can be very flexible about that because he FGO itself already messes the lore a lot. Not to mention he usually doesn't have much to fix in Turas Realta because Kawaguchi is the type to make questions and ask for permition a lot when he's creating new worldbuilding elements, like when he gave names to the Chaldea Uniform Master Skills (Mystic Code activation is called Plug Set and Momentary Reinforcement is called Boosted).

-Higashide sometimes drops Kawaguchi's questions straight into the TM writer chat. Usually when it's stuff like the aforementioned Master Skill naming since naming is Nasu's thing, or also when it's big plot changes everyone should discuss together, like Kawaguchi's decision of having David as a member of Drake's crew from the start.
    Lol. Neat to know that stuff go through these checks. Wonder how many and who are on the chat.

"An ideal is only an ideal after all. As long as you embrace that ideal, the friction with reality will continue to increase. So you will someday face reality and will have to pay for your compromises"

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Comun.

Is this now a concrete source to point to when blaming Nasu for names?
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    every company will play safe at first when releasing mobage.

early FGO was supported by fans.

now some morons think they are cool and diss older chapter because they started after Camelot chapter came out.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    So, random giant golden hands that drops 5-star embers. Are these an old thing? Or are they preparing a new stage for dailies?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    No, it's the first time that's happened.

Also, remember that hunting quests use event support list, not regular, so update your event support list to have teatime and the like. I'm fine with either Waver or Skadi, just let me know what you all prefer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Oh, right. Changing it now then
    JP Support 7/11/2018 (non-event)

It was pretty obvious that early story in FGO was not done well due to probably not wanting to go full out on a mobage that may end up unsuccessful, but frankly the worst part is that some of the early new characters suffered from the same problem. Characters like Romulus being only a ROMA joke or fat Caesar and his NP which not even Arcade managed to make interesting. Or Bouddica.

Really wish they could just completely rewrite some of them but I know this is not possible to do except by changing them to another class, but at that point it's not really the same character.

US Friend Code
    You could have those weaker early characters show up in newer story chapters to flesh them out more, like Billy in Anastasia. Part of Romulus's problem is he's only been in events since Septem, and events are always wacky as is so he has no reason to be serious in them.

JP Friend Code
    PM Me
    Blog Entries
    So, just to be 100% sure, how efficient was it to farm these Hunting Quests? Wanna know if I should bother or go back to grinding elsewhere.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    I had between 2 and 6 bones in the 40 AP, plus all the embers

Quote Originally Posted by KAIZA View Post
    So, just to be 100% sure, how efficient was it to farm these Hunting Quests? Wanna know if I should bother or go back to grinding elsewhere.
    Guaranteed bones are nice, but I dunno about farming them if there's a bad mat offered. As to whether they are more efficient than Fuyuki per AP consumed I'm not really sure about that but the 40 AP cost is actually better for me to manage whilst I'm going about my day. Certainly better than doing a dumb 3 AP node that doesn't deplete my stamina.

Right now they're probably okay, but that will last until they start introducing two different mats, which will probably happen on the third or fourth one. The drop rates will suddenly become bad which is basically what has happened in every single hunting quest.

Then there's the fact you only have one day to farm each of them, when they could just release all of them at the same time so people can pick the mat they need the most. And with the Christmas event coming that will probably provide endless amounts of EXP the EXP you get here is kinda useless (and lol 5* RNG EXP, really...), and I doubt many people have been able to use all of the EXP they got in the Gil/Ishtar Fest, in my case I got two new 4* and I still have so much to use.

Honestly, the hunting quests have always been bad, a pure example of DW being absolutely lazy in trying to fix something that needs to be changed and that is easy to change tbh.