Thread: Fate/Grand Order General Discussion (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    I'd say Musashi deserves that spot if you're talking about just her one on one duelling capability. She doesn't work amazingly well in teams, though- unless the team's focused on supporting her, she's almost better off alone, and she has absolutely nothing that helps any teammates, but then again if you added a taunt or star gen/attraction to her kit she'd be even more broken than Waver/Merlin, in a way.

Quote Originally Posted by R.Lock View Post
    I saw Marie solo'ing Tiamat, Hijikata challenge quest, Indian borthers challenge quest, Nerofest 2017 final challenge quest, and take at least 11 Herc lives when she had all taunters die in the Herc challenge.

If you call Marie an amazing damage dealer after these feats, I'm gonna laugh myself to death.
    Marie gets about 5k damage per hit, on stuff she's strong against. IIRC, Kiara was getting something like 20k+ per Arts.

Aside from farming, I mean.
    Isn't 99% of the game's content farming?
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Blog Entries
    That was with an event-specific CE that raised Kiara's damage by 200% tho.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Ah, damn, you're right. I forgot it was a Nerofest thing.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Aside from farming, I mean.
    Damaging Arts AoE NPs aren't useful for boss battles unfortunately, unless it's something similar to Shuten's NP that gives useful debuffs. Maybe if it's spammable enough to compensate for the lack of damage, but apart from Da Vinci-chan, I don't know any other Servant who can possibly do that.

ST Arts, however, are another matter. My god if I enjoy going crazy with Chloe, Saber Lancelot and the recent Ryuutan.

HOUGU! ZABAAAAANIIIIIIYA!!! TagumonYatsuray's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    playing this game for gameplay alone sounds sad. Play for your waifus and husbandos and your favorite servants. I use Support Musashi because Musashi is a beautiful Samurai lady who's artwork reminds me of Aoko Aozaki. Not because she's like the best saber in the game who murders everyone without a second glance and managed to ONE SHOT Scathatch in Nero Fest with Buster Crits, and then NP'd Cu to death, all in ONE TURN.....

- - - Updated - - -

also, anybody want to guess the 2017 Christmas Servant? for "inb4" and "I called it," rights...?
    Last edited by TagumonYatsuray; November 14th, 2017 at 02:40 PM.
    Fate/Grand Order: Best game ever! When it's not on maintenance!

Connolly-kun's 'Servant Skill Level Priority Spread Sheet'!

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    No reason for that because Altera can match Okita's single target damage. Which is why she is A rank along with quite a few other Buster servants with AOE np who can also match single target damage with brave chains.
    Are you accounting for crits in your analysis, or just raw damage? Cause I agree that, in terms of raw damage, Altera can beat Okita, but the lack of crit damage up on Altera makes me favor Okita, even if her source is tied into her evasion skill.

Guess I'd be fine with both being in A or both being in B.

Dropping buster bomb is always easier than setting up NP spam team. Thats just harsh reality.
    Especially considering you can make do with support for that while for Saber Archer you have to have at least one ex support of your own, and you need right CE or damage / np gen gonna be poop.
    I don't think you absolutely need Tamamo and Waver for Saber Archer to do well. Granted, I'm hard pressed to think of really good alternatives beyond Mashu and Gilgamesh (Caster).

Except she has survivability, low cooldown on her burst and guaranteed stun? i'm not even sure which Kintoki you are talking about but thinking about it that applies for both
    To get the most out of her first skill though, you have to be using a crit team setup. God Slayer is nice when there's Undead or Divine to hit, but I'm having trouble thinking of hard content bosses that had either of those traits, weren't Sabers, and Scathach was actually a good choice to bring.

The guaranteed stun is nice on her NP, but getting her NP charged is not nearly as easy as it is for most of the other SSR Lancer options.

Yes but she wont be able to keep your team alive by herself. You would run either Tamamo or Merlin or Waver for additional survivability and np charge and they can make do without Jeanne she cant make do without them. You cant just put Jeanne in and expect the team to survive without losses is exactly why she is not EX. I thought about it for a while.
    Merlin arguably can, but Tamamo and Waver certainly don't by themselves for long periods of time. As for Jeanne, her main use is to get Invincible up faster than what Merlin is capable. I wish that the NP interlude had also boosted her base healing amount, but debuff cleanse is a nice alternative since none of the other main supports provide this.

Unlike Carmilla, Melt delivers on damage output.
    More because she's an Alter Ego than her skills or NP. With Mecha Eli-chan now available, I think Melt's value as a single target NP Alter Ego fell quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    Yeah if anything Shimosa actually make me realize Musashi isn't particularly that good in long/hard grindy fight, and she's extremely reliant on her 1st skill for NP. And I even have a NP 3 Musashi
    More that a Musashi without any CEs to help her out and is generally not at max level isn't that great, but that can be said of most Servants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

And that's about it for interludes I can reasonably accomplish without using apples. Finished Shuten's and the lesbians' second interlude. Can probably get my last Caster to max level before maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Just be lucky like me and get six stacks of crit up from the bond CE and tell me who has better crits then
    I am lucky unlike you because I just rolled Ishtar instead during the 9M campaign or whatever when I only had about sixty quartz.

Anyway, about the tiers, I'd say Melt is probably only a B. Alter Egos only get a 50% boost and still take full damage. She's also a Quick based Servant and her overcharge effect is pretty unhelpful with its low values and only activating after damage. It takes both luck and good support for her to be able to NP spam and make good use of it. She's functional, but as a Quick Servant in a Buster metagame she feels left behind to me. The scaling on Melt Virus also disappoints me since it never gets better offensively.

I'm not sure Ilya should be as high as she is. She barely does more than Xuanzang over the long term but offers significantly less to the party, which to me means she's less valuable and should probably drop a tier. Damage based Casters just aren't a good niche to be in and I don't feel like she really merits her current position at B. I guess they could both be in the same tier without them being considered equally strong, though.
    Last edited by Arha; November 14th, 2017 at 03:00 PM.

JP Friend Code
    PM, IGN Miyuki
    US Friend Code
    Mecha Eli-chan's second skill is a straight up negative version of existing skills and her third purges invincibility and dodge

that is kinda bad
    Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    2Trubo cuz i'm tired of quoting:
    >Okita-Altera
    Okita is 50% quick up and 50% crit up BNPB against 30% atk up for Altera's NPBB. Altera is okay in this situation in regards to damage.
    >Saber Archer
    in the case where you dont run either Waver or Tamamo your result will be lackluster and you lose comparision by default
    >Jeanne
    Waver offers you offence and defence. Tamamo can provide enough healing and other things if someone else provides defence. Jeanne offers you defence only and you still need more.
    >Melt
    I would be first to agree that Alter Ego is a cheat class but that does not invalidate Melt. Also, while Mecha Eli might be good there is no reason why her being good will make Melt worse. They do different things.

Quote Originally Posted by Qinglong View Post
    Mecha Eli-chan's second skill is a straight up negative version of existing skills and her third purges invincibility and dodge

that is kinda bad
    Her third skill removes defense buffs, not invincibility and dodge. It's still pretty BS because her first skill does give her a reasonable defense buff plus stars per turn, so you have to sacrifice that defense buff for a single turn of crits and NP up, something that other Servants aren't forced to except Hundred Face Hassan, which is her worst skill to the surprise of nobody.
    Last edited by Oz1337; November 14th, 2017 at 03:28 PM.

HOUGU! ZABAAAAANIIIIIIYA!!! TagumonYatsuray's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    When Babylonia came out, I got a second Gorgon Avenger. Is she worth NP2ing? I was thinking of using her for 40AP EXP/Mana Prism farming
    Fate/Grand Order: Best game ever! When it's not on maintenance!

Connolly-kun's 'Servant Skill Level Priority Spread Sheet'!

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    To get the most out of her first skill though, you have to be using a crit team setup. God Slayer is nice when there's Undead or Divine to hit, but I'm having trouble thinking of hard content bosses that had either of those traits, weren't Sabers, and Scathach was actually a good choice to bring.
    NeroFes Gil and the AlterEgos in CCC off the top of my head

- - - Updated - - -

Scathach was a staple for a lot of Rashomon teams as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    PM, IGN Miyuki
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Oz1337 View Post
    Her third skill removes defense buffs, not invincibility and dodge. It's still pretty BS because her first skill does give her a reasonable defense buff plus stars per turn, so you have to sacrifice that defense buff for a single turn of crits and NP up, something that other Servants aren't forced to except Hundred Face Hassan, which is her worst skill to the surprise of nobody.
    I tested it for a second time just now just to be sure I didn't make a mistake, it purged invincibility from Merlin's illusion
    Spoiler:

Purging defense buffs seems like the only real issue, though, since those often last more than one turn. Otherwise you can just use her third skill and then give her invul/evade from Merlin/Jeanne/whatever.

JP Friend Code
    PM, IGN Miyuki
    US Friend Code
    Spoiler:

Are you responding to me or is that a failed post merge? Because that doesn't have anything to do with what I said.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    i delivered
    i got tired halfway through of writing descriptions and some of them are p uninspired but whatever i'll do it when i feel like it
    Would there be explanationa whats A rank club is elite and deserve rhe A alphabet, and why is X servant deserve mempership there
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

JP Friend Code
    PM, IGN Miyuki
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Arha View Post
    Are you responding to me or is that a failed post merge? Because that doesn't have anything to do with what I said.
    yes that was a failed post merge

I got distracted at work
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Qinglong View Post
    I tested it for a second time just now just to be sure I didn't make a mistake, it purged invincibility from Merlin's illusion
    Oh wow, that's true! I thought it only worked for defense buffs, I didn't know it also included those two.

Fortunately it's not as bad as with defense buffs since you can just use them after the skill, but for defense buff it's an issue because it shortens their duration.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Would there be explanationa whats A rank club is elite and deserve rhe A alphabet, and why is X servant deserve mempership there
    click on pictures to find out