Thread: Fate/Grand Order General Discussion (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

Seventh Chaldea drop, ninth CE drop total. I almost quit this battle too because it was the wrong team in the wrong area. With that it may well be worth my time to think of a team comp for the All area exclusively for Fake scripts. Unfortunately the enemy arrangement is exactly wrong for a lot of things I'd like to try. Like stupid d'Eon messing up my idea for Ereshkigal on the third wave or Hector being in the second so no Arash. And for the first time I really wish I had Waver.

JP Friend Code
    PM, IGN Miyuki
    US Friend Code
    Arash the first wave works

you have to come up with something else for the second
    Spoiler:

I know but for some reason earlier I wanted to use him on second. I don't remember why anymore though because I don't think that accomplishes anything different. Whatever.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Attribute triangle issues? Even then, you're going to have to give Arash pretty significant buffs to clear that second wave.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors 8000's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    I've come up with a semi-consistent three or four turn clear method that I'm running with, but I dunno how many people will be able to use it given the SSRs required (or at least that I've been using. There are probably ways to do it with other Servants).

I use a support Jalter with MLB School of Chaldea (shouldn't be too hard to find), Gilgamesh and Medusa with Kaleidoscope, and Mordred with MLB Imaginary Element with plugsuit. Use Medusa to clear the first wave, switch to Mordred and clear the second wave (with mana burst+Charisma from both Gil and Jalter this will take out Carmilla/Liz 99% of the time), then use Jalter+Gil's NPs to clear the final wave (Charisma should still be active and you can use plugsuit attack boost and Jalter's Buster up skill).

The problems this runs into are Jalter's charge not always being at 100% by wave 3, and that it'll take an extra turn if Jeanne is there instead of Jalter on that wave (this may be circumventable with NP2 Gil). I now realize Arash is better than Medusa because he kills himself so I can save the swap for Merlin who can circumvent Jalter's charge issue and probably give enough buffs to kill enemy Jalter in one turn.

If you don't have the right Servants for that you could try a single-target Berserker in place of Jalter, but I've found Cu Alter at least doesn't work as well because he has a harder time getting full gauge by that point. If anyone can think of a budget equivalent for this it might work.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Say

If they, for example, release a secondary NP for some servants the way they release clothing

Would that be a problem legally or gameplay wise
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

Taste the Rainbow
    whale strats
    Going with arash (LB school), NP5 tamacat (LB scope), NP5 fran (scope), support waver, lu bu(scope) for a 99% consistent 3turn clear, but -6drops really sucks
    replacing tamacat with a gil with LB school would work I think but I don't have another one yet and gil's bond 10
    ishtar and non LB school might work too but I don't have her so
    lol I only have NP1 lancelot

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Arash with a level 20 Kaleidoscope practically clears the first wave, though you may need some additional hits if Orion is there instead of Anne & Mary. Level 80 Hollow Magic should perform just as well.

Beyond that, seems like you already have your setup made. As you said, now you can plugsuit swap in Merlin, and that will cover your issues from before.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Say

If they, for example, release a secondary NP for some servants the way they release clothing

Would that be a problem legally or gameplay wise
    I'm not versed in gacha law but I don't see why that'd be a problem legal-wise so long as the new NPs don't completely replace the option to use the original NP.

Gameplay-wise, depends on how it's done I guess.
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I imahine its like clothing, just change back and forth om the menu

Mainly because i want to see Ibaraki flame ora ora ora
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

JP Friend Code
    PM, IGN Miyuki
    US Friend Code
    from what I recall the design they use prevents it for some reason or other I cba to look up

- - - Updated - - -

since NP upgrades are actually new NPs as far as the game is concerned and replace the old ones
    Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I guess I can see an issue where if a Servant like Fionn were to suddenly get a new NP that made him useful, it would be an annoyance to anyone that burned Fionn in the first place.

JP Friend Code
    PM me/Rhoia

it takes 3-4 turns with this team depending on cards but I'm forced to use support Raikou with LB SoC

wish more people equipped her with said CE
    or maybe I should find a better setup
    Snek Evolution

JP Friend Code
    PM me/Rhoia
    Ok the video that was posted last page was really helpful

This setup is just what I needed
    Snek Evolution

JP Friend Code
    Yeah i remembered that my Penny is NP5 so i switched to BHG Nito strat to guarantee 3t clear everytime

JP Friend Code
    PM, IGN Miyuki
    US Friend Code
    Oh, all the sets were mixed in the vid

will try nito next run

edit: or another day actually since I just realized I don't have enough schools
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    I guess I can see an issue where if a Servant like Fionn were to suddenly get a new NP that made him useful, it would be an annoyance to anyone that burned Fionn in the first place.
    That reasoning's not really any different from any sort of NP upgrade or skill upgrade though.

JP Friend Code
    PM, IGN Miyuki
    US Friend Code
    That is pretty much the exact reason my friend regretted burning Stheno

He got her back later, but still
    Spoiler:

Lol the time when event is almost over and you get multiple CE drops... wish these appeared a few days ago

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GDB View Post
    That reasoning's not really any different from any sort of NP upgrade or skill upgrade though.
    I disagree. NP interludes and strengthening quests just improve something that's already there. Well, not the initial ones that gave Servants with two skills a third skill.

Since I mentioned Fionn, imagine if he got a new NP that, rather than dealing shit damage, provided a huge defensive and healing buff (I dunno, something about water magic and him being good at healing I swear was mentioned in Zero regarding Diarmuid). It would change the reason to even use him.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    I disagree. NP interludes and strengthening quests just improve something that's already there. Well, not the initial ones that gave Servants with two skills a third skill.

Since I mentioned Fionn, imagine if he got a new NP that, rather than dealing shit damage, provided a huge defensive and healing buff (I dunno, something about water magic and him being good at healing I swear was mentioned in Zero regarding Diarmuid). It would change the reason to even use him.
    Imagine he got those same effects on top of his current NP. It'd be a normal NP upgrade. Just because NPs generally don't change that much doesn't mean they cannot. Skills already massively change if they started horrible.