Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Kara no Kyoukai Shuumatsu Rokuon (Completish 2016/12/13)

My girlfriend and I will do some fine-tuning after the whole thing is done. I know our English isn't pretty, emphasised further by how much is lost in translation from Japanese to Chinese to English, especially so for a Nasu piece. Our intentions were to put it out to the world as soon as possible for those who were too impatient to wait for a full-fledged translation (like my girlfriend and I). And we know that this is at the expense of the readers' reading quality. I've done some editting each time an update is made and it's not a pretty process due to lack of context and the Nasu-ness of the text, and I don't want to change words around too much to avoid altering the author's meaning. With that said, I'll skim through the whole thing whenever I can.

Also, double post, but there's an update for Chapter 3.

Yes, I did understand everything the way you put it. I was just asking. Thank you to both.

/r/ing aldeayeah to make one of his pdfs once the tuned version is completed.

Blog Entries
    Title updated.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crown View Post
    Yes, I did understand everything the way you put it. I was just asking. Thank you to both.

Sure, if Serouzo&co don't mind. It's a pretty trivial thing to do anyway.

I can include the original illustrations and stuff, although I only have deadfish's quick scan. Is there any other scan available?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crown View Post

I can include the original illustrations and stuff, although I only have deadfish's quick scan. Is there any other scan available? There are like 3 pics in the whole thing, so those would be enough.
    don't quote me on this

^ Yes, there are scans of the Japanese version available. They're hosted on e-hentai.org (no joke). Is it safe to put the link here?

Blog Entries
    got 'em, thanks
    don't quote me on this

Alright people, Chapter 3 has concluded! Did you read through the previous chapters like Nasu told you to? Yes, that part that said "please read the story again" was actually in the story, so if Nasu told you to read it again, you'd better read it again lol

Stick around, there's a short Epilogue coming next!

Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    Then make it as pretty as possible.

Blog Entries
    I will make it a monument to non-existence!
    don't quote me on this

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    I finally had the chance to re-read and catch up on the (almost) full translation. It's weird and I love it, bravo, Nasu. I can only imagine what sort of epilogue it has.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Just wanted to say hello, and thanks to the translators of this awesome series. Looking forward on the epilogue and the finishing touches of the whole novel! ) :P

EPILOGUE IS DONE. MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY

■ Epilogue

Autumn still arrived.
    It caused people to want to return to their warm sleep.
    It dyed the all the leaves in the forest red.

Despite the idea of being a tearful child away from civilization, even a girl dormitory life would be enjoyable, we are Reien Girls Academy. It was also tailored fit for the cute young ladies (us) as the ‘Since you are here, you will only be a winner if you are a rare creature’, a place that was filled with excitement and romantic weather-independent motorized fortress. Even though there were countless cruelties that was described in this book, only 10% of what was written happened in reality, so to all of the juniors you have nothing to worry about.

Time flies and I will soon be participating in the 3rd cultural festival after entering high school.
    This series was supposed to be published without following a schedule, instead it was published as a separate issue as part of a last gift. The magazine has always been arranging the works of the seven most unexpected stories collected from different classes and clubs, but this time it’s about the things the author myself had experienced, as well as my friends, that were mostly rendered, which are just fictional stories. How much was it was real or created, it is up to you who is going to spend your time at Reien to find out the answers. Beware, if you were to stay at Natsumi Hall, never stay with 8 people at the same time. If you were to obey this rule, I promise that all of you will experience an indescribable night.

So. The latter is some gossip.
    The time in Reien that I thought since I first entered that will last forever will come to an end.
    It has been 6 years since the beginning. The sentimental teenage time, I had spent it all on this academy.
    It was still alright even though there wasn’t much freedom, no matter the friends that I can only meet here, no matter the nuns I admire, all these will become very distant to me. Even if we were to gather again, the times where everyone was happy in this isolated academy will never come back again.

The me right now felt really sad, and at the same time really proud.
    I finally experienced, the feeling that the previous senpais had experienced, the end of our youth.
    This will not be recorded down anywhere, it was a part of me, the last pain.
    This is also a kind of World End.
    No matter if there were tears or happiness, the end will come.

In the end, the world will still move on, so I didn’t have the time to close my eyes.
    No matter how many things were to leave, we will still admonish ourselves to go with the flow, and to prepare for the next stage; in the future if you encounter another person, please tell him/her the end that you had experienced. Although there are most that will forgot about it, there are some that will remember it in their hearts.

“By the way, in the end, Ryōgi-san was still our opponent…”
    “That’s no good Shizune-san. That was a tasteless remark.”
    Asagami-san smiled as if comforting a mischievous child.

Moreover,
    “Let’s keep it a secret. No matter when, the punchline is better left unsaid.”
    Somehow, I recalled having seen a certain wink from a dear friend.
    Last edited by Serouzo; December 27th, 2015 at 12:44 PM.

Blog Entries
    Merry Christmas : )
    don't quote me on this

JP Friend Code
    Oh, once again thank you very much, Happy Holidays as well!

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    lol I wonder what would happen if they got trapped in one of Alice's things instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

JP Friend Code
    577,587,785/RRahkshi
    Thanks for the translation, I hope you and your girlfriend have a happy New Year
    Spoiler:
    (All credit on Aron Headbutt on Youtube)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    lol I wonder what would happen if they got trapped in one of Alice's things instead.
    You should try a concrete box instead :P
    don't quote me on this

So who was behind the door?

Is there any chance we could get an epub or pdf version of the whole novel? thanks! :3