Thread: Kara no Kyoukai Shuumatsu Rokuon (Completish 2016/12/13)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Kara no Kyoukai Shuumatsu Rokuon (Completish 2016/12/13)

Hey guys. My girlfriend's translating Kara no Kyoukai's epilogue chapter, Shuumatsu Rokuon. She's translating it from the Chinese translation to English, so it might not be very accurate.

For now, the translation is very rough, so if you're looking for a full-fledged, quality, on-par-with-Mirrormoon translation, this one might not be for you. For now.

Also, if you're interested in the source material, do let me know.

Index:

Prologue (Which you're reading now!)
    Chapter 1 (Completed!)
    Chapter 2 (Completed!)
    Chapter 3 (Completed!)
    Epilogue v1 (from the Chinese translation, unofficial, you should click on the other one instead, not this one) (Completed!)
    Epilogue v2 (from the Japanese text, should be more official) (Completed!)

With all translations done, the next step is for me to refine it more to make it actually readable.

Prologue 12.00~13.00

Shizune Seo stood on a steeply risen cliff side, overseeing the dim ocean.
    The sun had been slowly rising over the horizon, yet the sky is still a lead grey color.
    The heavy storm clouds rumbled.
    It’s as if some kind of boil stewed vegetables clinged onto the sky.
    However, on the other side of the horizon seems like a different scenery altogether.
    In summary, the whole panoramic view of the ocean cannot be called an ocean.
    How do you say this, the ocean is dry.
    The ocean was thrown into a huge vortex, rapidly being drained into the ‘bottom’.
    That is because 3 days ago, Earth suddenly gave a loud bang and became deflated.
    Just like an empty plastic bottle that was being squashed. There was no reason and it felt unreal for that to happen. Even though there are many theories, such as a meteor strike or the movement of the earth surface, etc etc, however, we humans don’t have the time for research and solutions.

In the end, the Earth’s deflation has no sign or reason.

The cities with the greatest human population were in a state of chaos. We knew this ending first-hand; that is why we left the city before the chaos happened, at an unnamed cliff at the edge of the country to welcome the end.
    As to why we knew about the situation before hand, it is due to my ability to predict the future.
    But that is all it is to my powers. I do not know the cause of the end of the world as well as the solution. That is why I can only make the only safest choice to die… and it is the only way to leave the human world that I could save my friends.

During the 3 days of the collapse of the Earth and mankind.
    The 5 young girls that ran to the cliff helped each other, encouraged each other, fought against each other, hated each other, and finally killed each other, overlooking the dim ocean.
    I looked back, pieces of Azaka-san’s body littered in front of me, as well as the almost entirely burned corpse of Fujino. Misaya-senpai headed back to the city, however, she should be zombie chow by now.
    Even though I am the sole survivor of mankind, but this shall only last for a few more minutes. Because my arms and legs had been sliced off and I am rapidly losing blood, I had already lost consciousness. At the hazy last moments of death, I started to remember the things that had happened till today.

That’s right. The world shall end before dawn.
    Shizune Seo stared blankly as everything started to unfold before her eyes.

As I thought in my head why do I have such a doubt, why did I only feel frustration.
    The ending actually didn’t matter. It was as if a day had passed by. I still could accept it even though I had lost everything in an instant. Because I have never seriously lived my life yet. I don’t have the fiery soul of Azaka Kokutō, I am just like a clock routinely accepting anything that comes in my way every day. Even though there is not much difference every day, if the world came to an end, I will just think that ‘Oh, so that is how it is’. Although I looked like an average person, I have no more humanity inside my heart left. I only have a brief understanding of the future event, that is why I have this habit – and till now only that I felt pessimistic about this.

However, the me now, and the form of the ending is 2 separate things altogether. I have no qualms about the end of the world. In one minute I don’t care about anything anymore.
    But, there was still a feeling of dismay that I couldn’t be at ease.
    I suddenly had a doubt. Why is this ending always so heartbreaking?
    No matter if we hated each other, or destroyed the friendship between us. Even though we had gotten back-stabbed, or ran away like a nameless soldier, I just felt really stupid, but this could be accepted too. Even though I myself was forgotten, even though people forget yet were unable to be recorded down, if most of the endings are happy, that is the ending I can accept.
    However, no matter how happy each day was, they are all useless when the end arrives. Everything will have an end. If there was no way to apologize for the sudden end, at least there could be a happy ending for everyone.
    When it was too late to wipe off this feeling and loneliness, the ocean was emptied as if it were a tub filled with water that was unplugged, the surface of the world cracked, fell into the abyss.

This is also a type of World End.
    I closed my eyes silently.

Continue...
    Last edited by Serouzo; December 13th, 2016 at 04:03 AM.