Page 1 of 12 123611 ... LastLast

Thread: Melty Blood

Melty Blood

So I'm trying to sort out what's what with Melty Blood. What is the most complete version of MB for the PC. I'm mostly interested in getting through the story, but if the gameplay is awesome then I'd be likely to stick around.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The last version of Melty Blood that included the original Story mode was ReAct Final Tuned, so start with that one. The gameplay is pretty good too.

In addition to the Story mode, all versions of MB since ReAct include an Arcade mode with character-specific mini-stories and some common plot elements/bosses.

The Arcade mode stories change with each major release, so there are three of them:

- ReAct (end boss White Len/Beamu Aoko)
    - Act Cadenza
    - Actress Again (end boss Dust of Osiris)
    Last edited by aldeayeah; August 7th, 2014 at 05:11 AM.
    don't quote me on this

Blog Entries
    Are all those translated already? Since last time I checked ReAct was, but it was ages ago.

Blog Entries
    MB, MBR and MBAC have been translated for ages by Mirror Moon.

(never ever play the original MB, though; the only thing it has that MBR lacks is horrid gameplay)

MBAA has a partial patch, been stalled for a long time, but the project thread has just been updated today so there may still be hope.
    Last edited by aldeayeah; August 7th, 2014 at 10:44 AM.
    don't quote me on this

Blog Entries
    I will try Act Cadenza then, what are the significant differences other than different story arc?

As American as a foreign immigrant EnigmaticFellow's Avatar
    To be fair for the MBAACC translation, it at least has the menu translated which is all that matters for people using it simply as a fighting game. Still, I haven't really seen much updates from the OP until you brought it up, aldeayeah.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangerang View Post
    Gilgamesh has A Lck.

wut bout that
    His fate as the most powerful Servant is to steamroll every war he takes part in.

Somehow, he manages to defy all odds and deny this fate.
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous
    If only I could be respected without having to be respectable.

What Fate/Stay Night character are you?
    Kotomine Kirei
    You are Kirei. You've always been a little different from the rest. You probably have low social skills. Whatever, it's not like what they think matters anyway. Ever searching for something missing within you, you probably don't experience the same happiness as everyone else. Good and evil are just labels, you are who you are.

I will try Act Cadenza then, what are the significant differences other than different story arc?
    From what I remember: sound effects I am completely allergic to. On the other hand, the oh-so-epic 2v2 mode (which ends up in a super messy screen most of the time. But it's still epic)

Not sure about the full differences, as the weirdness of the story mode and the way things are set up (plus the sound effects) made me consider this game quite uninteresting compared to other MBs, so I played it like 1 hour only or so.
    Last edited by Sarn; August 7th, 2014 at 10:58 AM.
    FGO accounts, MP for FCs; updated: 21/05/2017

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCaptainKatsura View Post
    Over MBR:
    + Playable Aoko/Kouma/White Len/Neko Arc/Neko Arc Chaos (Aoko/WLen/Nekoarc were just bosses in MBR, Kouma/Nekochaos are 100% new)
    + More gameplay modes (boss rush, 2v2, etc)
    = Many minor gameplay tweaks
    - Kinda simplified graphic/sound effects, less gore (probably because of the arcade port)
    - No story mode

Over MBAA:
    = Major gameplay tweaks (characters in MBAA have several different movesets/styles to choose from)
    - New MBAA characters: Ryougi Shiki, Archetype Earth, Seifuku Akiha, Roa, Riesbyfe, Powered Ciel (last one was a midboss in MBR).

I'd start with MBR and work my way up, personally.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaticFellow View Post
    Still, I haven't really seen much updates from the OP until you brought it up, aldeayeah.
    I was surprised when I found out, too. Hadn't checked in a long time; had assumed the project was defunct.
    Last edited by aldeayeah; August 7th, 2014 at 10:59 AM.
    don't quote me on this

To be fair the pace of this project has been pretty similar to F/A translation: fast start, then they took a big break that lasted several months, then got back on updating regularly but at a slower pace.
    There has been recurring updates during the past weeks. Same situation happened a few months ago (January - March I think) then they took another break of a couple months and are back with regular updates since a few weeks.
    Let's just hope the project keeps its current pace and doesn't go for another "big break".

But just like F/A I don't think this project will ever die. Delays and irregular updates, that's all.
    Last edited by Sarn; August 7th, 2014 at 11:34 AM.
    FGO accounts, MP for FCs; updated: 21/05/2017

Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    The last version of Melty Blood that included the original Story mode was ReAct Final Tuned, so start with that one. The gameplay is pretty good too.

In addition to the Story mode, all versions of MB since ReAct include an Arcade mode with character-specific mini-stories and some common plot elements/bosses.

The Arcade mode stories change with each major release, so there are three of them:

- ReAct (end boss White Len/Beamu Aoko)
    - Act Cadenza
    - Actress Again (end boss Dust of Osiris)
    So, to make sure.
    There are multiple stories, and the first story mode was finished/refined in MBReAct Final Tuned. But then each of the games have an arcade mode in addition to a story mode or they just have new stories for each character in the Arcade mode and the same story mode?

Blog Entries
    they just have new stories for each character in the Arcade mode
    This is correct.

and the same story mode
    This is not correct. The Story mode appears only in MB and MBR(+FT), and it's the same exact story in both.

(Many Arcade Mode stories are sequels to the original Story mode, but there's no new Story mode)
    don't quote me on this

And finally one more question: Final Retuned is the last patch for Melty Blood, and things after that are all new games, correct?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
    And finally one more question: Final Retuned is the last patch for Melty Blood, and things after that are all new games, correct?
    Correct. To be exact, it's the final patch for Melty Blood ReAct, which is itself sort of a expansion of the original Melty Blood.
    don't quote me on this

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors UnlimitedBladeWorks's Avatar
    Just go for ReACT if you want Story Actress Again for gameplay

Blog Entries
    i loathe actress again because i'm way too lazy to learn to use the new styles
    don't quote me on this

Get with the times, grandpa.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    i loathe actress again because i'm way too lazy to learn to use the new styles
    Half Moon Roa is the most fun character in MBAA. You only have like three spells besides your arc drives, all of them are annoying as fuck for the opponent and all of them spam the most annoying insults, enjoy.
    The Hall of Selected Cruor Praise
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Oh right.

GLORIOUS CRUOR SENPAI RECOMMENDED THIS TO ME HE IS THE BEST USER EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    1. Your favourite character and why.
    Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    If only people praised me as much as they praise you, Cruor-sama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Cruor is very nice

MB, MBR and MBAC have been translated for ages by Mirror Moon.

(never ever play the original MB, though; the only thing it has that MBR lacks is horrid gameplay)

MBAA has a partial patch, been stalled for a long time, but the project thread has just been updated today so there may still be hope.
    It's been awhile but doesn't the original MB have story scenes where sion is dreaming that MBR doesn't have?

Blog Entries
    Don't think so.

It would be pretty weird if that were the case, because ReAct pulls its story mode scripts straight from the MB installation files.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Half Moon Roa is the most fun character in MBAA. You only have like three spells besides your arc drives, all of them are annoying as fuck for the opponent and all of them spam the most annoying insults, enjoy.
    Ohhh, sounds like a nice addition to my mains, Miss "Ayaaayaaa~" Kohaku, Miss "HueHUeheuahEHUHEuhe" Warc and Mister "WRYYYYYYY" Wallachia.

Maybe I'll give him a try.

(I usually win by annoying the opponent to death)
    Last edited by aldeayeah; August 12th, 2014 at 04:45 AM.
    don't quote me on this

I have an almost foolproof way of beating sion at the start of story mode.
    If you stand there and press fast attack the entire time you win about 90% of the time...