Thread: For Whom the Bell Tolls RP

For Whom the Bell Tolls RP

"Plagues, firestorms, floods. Your regular biblical shit-storm of death and you ladies and gentlemen are being sent to the source. A more direct assault has already failed, and the remaining alternatives are far more abhorrent than the sacrifice of your unit. Make no mistake this is a sacrifice, you have all volunteered for this mission knowing that there is no exit strategy, no escape route. You will be marked as KIA before this mission even commences. If any of you are having second thoughts this is your last chance to step back."

"You are the best of the best, each of you peerless in your own fields. I can only pray that your skills will carry you through against these monsters, and monsters they are. Entire battalions have been wiped out by only a few of them, witchcraft and sorcery, but they still bleed. If you have the chance strike quickly, you won't have a second shot against them."

"Intelligence has identified a 24 hour window for the operation, the majority of their combat capable forces will be deployed in the city proper rather than inside their headquarters. During this time their leader, Lorelei Barthomeloi will be the most exposed that she ever will be. Your primary mission is her death. If any other targets of opportunity present themselves you are to use your best discretion. Captain Malcom will be leading your unit and will assign further targets as he sees fit."

"Insertion will take place at 0300 via the Thames River. Strike group 12 will drawing their attention further north, and resistance at this point is not expected. An old sewer will serve as your entry into the Tower. We've been provided a limited number of these, fresh from the labs."

Name:  G_plate_by_thomas999.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  3.9 KBName:  Plate 2.png
Views: 212
Size:  14.7 KBName:  Plate 3.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  3.7 KB
    Name:  Plate 4.png
Views: 225
Size:  14.7 KBName:  Plate 5.png
Views: 256
Size:  12.1 KBName:  Plate 6.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  3.4 KB

"These plates will let you see the entrance and pass through the sorcery that they've used to hide for so long, some kind of EM field I'm told. Techies don't know what will happen if you take them off when you're inside a place your head tells you doesn't exist, so don't lose them."

"Godspeed."

-

Character generation.

Name, gender description etc. Give me some back story that makes you more than just another cardboard cut out with skills. Also helps flesh out the sequel.

You are a regular human, a supremely talented human, but normal. No magic, no supernatural powers. Vanilla. You have one skill that defines you, you are in a class of your own here. Two that you are world class level think olympics level. Then three that you are merely excellent at. Talk with me if you want any exotic equipment, but considering that you have the military backing this heavily you've got access to a lot that I'll accept easily. Just consider that it might be hard to bluff your way if caught while toting around a rocket launcher on your back.

No hard limit on how many I'd accept, I'll just kill some of you off sooner if I can't keep up posting quickly.

-

Those Interested
    1) Christemo
    2) EnigmaticFellow
    3) Jormungandr
    4) Bdoom
    Last edited by Plue; August 21st, 2014 at 07:06 PM.
    Collection of cherished moments
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    I'LL KILL YOU PLUE
    <Zagrin> I'll kill ya Plue

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Ill sign up. Whens the sheet deadline?

Also, I'm assuming the PC's can be Magi themselves? If so, what is the cap on how strong they can be?
    Last edited by Christemo; August 21st, 2014 at 04:50 AM.

Ah no, I'll clarify better in the opening post, but you are run of the mill regular humans. The best of the best humans, but just regular jills and joes fighting the Magi. Deadline? Ehm, whenever we get enough people.
    I'LL KILL YOU PLUE

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Alright then, thanks for the clarification.

Yup yup, this is why it's 'For Whom the Bell Tolls' and not 'Rampage at the Clock Tower'
    I'LL KILL YOU PLUE

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, a terrorist attack committed by a rogue anti-Clock Tower Magi faction could've been the possibility, and they would've still been mighty fucked even as Magi

As American as a foreign immigrant EnigmaticFellow's Avatar
    As I said in the RP idea thread, I'm interested in this RP. I just need to figure out how exactly I want to build my character.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangerang View Post
    Gilgamesh has A Lck.

wut bout that
    His fate as the most powerful Servant is to steamroll every war he takes part in.

Somehow, he manages to defy all odds and deny this fate.
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous
    If only I could be respected without having to be respectable.

What Fate/Stay Night character are you?
    Kotomine Kirei
    You are Kirei. You've always been a little different from the rest. You probably have low social skills. Whatever, it's not like what they think matters anyway. Ever searching for something missing within you, you probably don't experience the same happiness as everyone else. Good and evil are just labels, you are who you are.

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'll sign in.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Blog Entries
    Sign me up for this shit!

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    SINIB is already a fan of the best whore. Well, she's not a whore per se, but I have it on good authority that she moves like an experienced prostitute.

Toss in a sheet then, and feel free to collaborate back-stories with others.
    I'LL KILL YOU PLUE